[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty Parental Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 220157_2040111082921_8226140_o.jpg (53 KB, 1071x428) Image search: [Google]
220157_2040111082921_8226140_o.jpg
53 KB, 1071x428
Anyone else get little to no advice from their parents? And was that advice (or lack thereof) pretty shitty?

My dad gave me very little advice... Just pearls of 'wisdom.'

"Don't stick it in crazy."

"Always wrap your shit up."

"Learn from my mistakes!" *Then he'd point at me*

Thanks Dad. Fuck you.
>>
File: 1430733034782.jpg (8 KB, 250x246) Image search: [Google]
1430733034782.jpg
8 KB, 250x246
>"Learn from my mistakes!" *Then he'd point at me*
Oh fuck
>>
>>24425199
My dad never really gave me any such "father to son advice". I don't think my mom ever really did either; she was the one who taught me how to shave though, and tried but failed to teach me how to ride a bike. They didn't help me do homework or study either. I stayed in my room alone pretty much all day, even before I got a computer.
>>
>>24425264
I never got help with homework or studying either... My mom and stepdad always offered to help, but when I'd ask them they'd act like I was annoying them and pissing them off, so I just stopped asking.
>>
>>24425199
My parents actively will try and get me to embarrass myself in public. They'd say "hey, if you dont talk to that cashier/waitress/etc. we'll do it for you". I think they took pleasure in seeing me spaghetti and fail in public. They're truly sadistic people and they never told me anything useful. One time when i was 15 they told a waitress at golden corral that i loved her and to look at my pants for proof (i had a boner). Thanks family, i hate you
>>
>>24425199
Come to think of it my parents really taught my nothing valuable my entire life. They didn't even take the time to learn me how to tie my shoes so a teacher had to learn me that while other kids laughed at me. The only thing they did was demotivate me from things I wanted to do and scold / shame me if I ever made a mistake. When I ask them for genuine advice they would always say "I don't know" or avoid me altogether.

Then again my mother is extremely cold ( refrigerator mother ) and my dad is a huge narcissist that constantly needs to prove his own superiority. It's not the kind of household that will ever have a positive affect on you.
>>
Got the total hands off approach.

They were always there for me, but never pushed me into anything.

Bad parenting maybe, if I have kids I might try a little more direction, but God bless em how could I hate them for letting me do what I want?

Even as a stupid kid?
>>
>great and supportive family
>still a failure
you guys can blame your parents but I think you would have fucked up either way. something's just not right with us.
>>
>>24425429
Yeah, I had to learn how to tie my shoes from my grandma... My mom didn't teach me much of anything either... Her approach was "Oh, I should teach you <insert subject>... Eh, I'll explain it tomorrow."

But tomorrow has never come.
>>
My dad's advice to me when I left to make my way in the world was "Stay away from niggers, muslims, and queers." He had a point...
>>
>>24425524
While I never did get good advice, I did have a supportive family...Financially. They did have a tendency to squash my dreams.

But I agree, at this point the stuff I don't know is readily available for me to learn on the internet. If I had more motivation I'd look into it.
>>
My dad told me alcohol is a depressant so if I get too drunk I can just snort a little cocaine (an upper) & I'll be back in the middle ground
>>
>>24425199

Maybe they were shit, but it's irrelevant now.

anything that happened in my adult life, I took responsibility for a long time ago.
>>
At 14 my dad took me out to our hunting grounds and sat me on a stump in the middle of a copse of trees. He handed me his pistol before wrapping the blindfold around my eyes. He then told me to sit on the stump, and he would be back for me in the morning. So little 14 year old me spent the entire day and night shitting my pants at every sound until I heard my father crunching through the leaves. He unwrapped he blindfold and taught me the most important lesson I have ever learned

>you were afraid weren't you?
>terrified
>but you didn't panic did you? Even when you had no idea of what was going on around you
>I almost did
>but you didn't and that's whats important

Miss you dad
>>
>>24425707
Agreed.
I'd been acting immature for a loooong time... I recently began taking steps to improve myself and be a better person... Both for myself and for the ones who matter to me.
>>
>>24425716
that sounds like a good way to get shot by your son
>>
My parents advice landed me a total of 0 pussies. I hate my parents so much.
>>
>>24425827
I asked him about it later and he laughed and said he was never more than 200 ft from me and he'd be a shitty father if he left his son blindfolded on a stump.
>>
>>24425898
did he at least empty the chamber? what if you panicked and accidentally shoot your own father?
>>
>>24425199

>Don't stick it in crazy
>Always wrap your shit up

What is wrong with these? They are absolutely correct.
>>
>>24426224
It's inherently good advice.

But my dad had a revolving door of pussy going through his bed, and 90% of them were bat-shit crazy.
>>
One of the things my parents did was they would constantly praise children of other parents but never me. No matter what I did they never really seemed to care and never really opened up any opportunities for me. It really hurt my confidence and made me depressed. I could never keep up with my peers who were given love and support at everything they did.
>>
>>24426353

So he doesn't listen to his own advice, that's the issue? Fair enough.
>>
Aniway what is thing with "blaming " someone... what does that mean?

If you blame someone and prove him wrong or not what then?
Is there necessity for punishment or something.

I dont get whole thing with blaming someone

or is it just to feel better and that childish games ( I am right you are wrong.)
I think its very narrow way of thinking
>>
>>24425199
>don't fuck crazy chicks
>always use condoms
>don't have kids
Those seem like some pretty good advice, OP.
>>
>>24426814
Advice he didn't follow himself.
>>
>>24425488
>Got the total hands off approach.
>They were always there for me, but never pushed me into anything.

This was what I got. In retrospect, it was a huge mistake. They thought far too highly of my younger self, that just because I got good grades in high school meant that I knew what I was doing. If just told me something as simple as "anon, being sociable and having friends is just as important as studying" then it would have made SUCH a difference.
>>
>>24425532
but today you can cum in your mum
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.