[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there was a time when I felt guilt for being drunk before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 1369715211932.jpg (9 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1369715211932.jpg
9 KB, 300x200
>there was a time when I felt guilt for being drunk before noon

Who /alcoholism/ here? Happy Saturday, everyone.
>>
I'm actually considering suicide by alcohol overdose. how much booze is needed to kill a 115lbs 5'10 male?
>>
>>24424949
I don't know, but the best way would probably be to drink as much as you can as fast as you can before your body has a chance to respond.

My tolerance is so high I don't know if I could drink enough to actually kill myself, would probably just get sick. Good luck, anon.
>>
>>24425040
I had alcohol poisoning once, maybe 10 years ago. I drank maybe half a liter of vodka. I think 2 liters should be enough
>>
>>24424921
The reason I avoid drinking alcohol is that I know I would easily become an alcoholic.
>>
>>24424949
Dumb as fuck painful shitty way to probably permanently harm yourself without killing.
>>
>>24425153
I could drink vodka until passing out with a noose around my neck. If I pass out I won't feel the pain of being strangled
>>
>>24425122
I drink half a liter for breakfast.

JUST
>>
Use to drink about 3 liters of wine a day
Got tired of the constant hangovers, shakes, vomiting and diarrhea
kind of miss it to be honest
>>
I work long hours, so I drink much. Sometimes alone sometimes with my boss. I don't know why he wants to drink with me, but it's a good opportunity to curse at him and tell him how much I hate him when we're both drunk, then use being drunk as an excuse the next day and apologize. He always forgives me.
>>
>>24424949
Or you could go ham on protein and gain 40 pounds.
>>
>>24425248
that's fucking insane how did you not die from quitting? did you cut cold turkey or did you wean off?
>>
>>24425378
Went to the hospital and got a detox
Was in there for about a week
>>
>>24424949
buy 95% and above alcohol.
Fill up an IV bag and put it in your arm.
Make sure you strap down your arm.
You'll need a considerable amount.
Have at least 500ml in the bag.
Of course none of these matter given that you're not really going to do this.
Why? Because you're a coward.
>>
>>24425204
Why don't you take a foolproof way like shooting yourself or jumping of a high place?

It might be a bit violent and scary but it sure beats being suicidal and paralysed for the rest if your long life.
>>
>>24424921
I would be alcohol if I was twenty-one. I've got money and a job of course, but no friends older than me because I stopped hanging out with almost all of my friends. Considering stealing a bottle like the old days.

>>24424949
Only a few ways to die of alcohol "overdose".

- Actual overdose where your CNS slows down to such a point that your heart and lungs aren't delivering the oxygen needed to the rest of your body. There's a good chance that this won't work because our bodies are designed to puke up alcohol when it gets to a dangerous level. Of course by the nature of slowing down your CNS you'll probably pass out before you drink enough to actually die of a lack of oxygen. Good chance you wake up in your own puke and with the worst hangover ever. Good possibility of crippling brain damage as well.

- "Overdose" as soccer moms would call it where you pass out on your back and you choke to death on your own vomit. Most likely outcome of an attempted "overdose".

- Get so drunk that you fall off of something, hit your head, have the courage to jump, pull the trigger, suicide by cop, ect.

- Drink so much, usually binge drinking for a few days with no food and water, that you destroy the mucous lining in your stomach, get a stomach ulcer that develops into a bleeding stomach ulcer, then a perforation in your stomach lining, and then the contents of your stomach spill into your abdominal cavity. Stomach acid will start burning you alive from the inside and you'll die from a combination of internal bleeding, dehydration, and a virulent infection. Incredibly painful way to die. -1/10 don't recommend.

Personally I'd recommend getting stoned/drunk and getting an exit bag set up. Just don't start fucking around with your squeaky voice. You might start laughing and then laughing at your silly laugh and decide not to kill yourself.

>>24425561
This. I'd say .45 HP to the dome just to make fucking sure. Stick in mouth and aim at meddula oblongata.
>>
>>24425612
>>24424949
Also to add to this there's the various cancers, liver failure, dehydration, and bowel complications that can do you in. But those all take a relatively long time and technically speaking can't be attributed with certainty to alcohol alone.
>>
>>24425612
thanks for the info. what do you think of drinking with a noose around your neck?
>>
>>24425820
Seconding this, very curious.
>>
>>24424949

>115lbs 5'10 male

Holy shit, found my doppleganger. I never wear short sleeves because I'm too self-conscious about being a spooky skeleton. Do you have horrible crushing depression and constant suicidal thoughts like I do?
>>
Proper suicide OD'd are always multi-substance.
>>
>>24425820
Sounds like an other good way to accidentally get brain damage and/or wake up in a psych ward surrounded by over-emotional loved ones and doctors holding needles with sedatives at the ready to jab your goofy ass. Also those places are fucking expensive.

If you're actually going to off yourself, put some effort into it. It's the last time you'll have to metaphorically break a sweat anyway.
>>
>>24425820
You'd probably have a better shot at that using GHB.
>>
i was considering waiting because it's only 2:30, but i'll start drinking my port with you bros
>>
>>24424921
The shittiest drug in existence. Reserved for normies.
>>
>>24425904
This.

Alcohol+benzos, niggers.
>>
I'm thinking of becoming an alcoholic, I'm 22 but never even got buzzed before. Living day in and day out crawling out of bed to the computer then back to bed 14 hours later is shitty. It'd be nice to consume something that could let me blackout for portions of the dreary days. Any tips on getting started?
>>
File: brain cancer.gif (1 MB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
brain cancer.gif
1 MB, 270x270
>>24424921
Happy saturday

popping open my first bottle of bear now.

ch--ch-cheers anaon....
>>
>>24426250
Ever met the shadow people? Because you'll be seeing a lot of them.
>>
>>24424921
it's after 4 o'clock somewhere in the world...
>>
>>24425904

This

Doing some uppers that have a shorter half-life than your downers are the best way to properly overdose from an inhibited CNS (the nice peaceful drift off into a sleep you never wake up from kind of death).

Cocaine and heroin are a fantastic combination if suicide is your goal. I'd say do a small bump or injection of both to start off then gradually up the dosage of the downer. When you feel yourself starting to pass out negate it by doing more of the upper, but just enough to be able to more of your downer. If we're talking heroin then for a first time user of an average build with little to average tolerance for CNS depressants I'd say that a gram to a gram and a half should kill you. Make sure to do your research on how much it will take to kill you and use the upper (which absolutely needs to have a shorter half-life than the downer) to keep you conscious will you do all of your downer.

Then once you have all the heroin down then sit back and relax. When you sleep, you will never wake up again. Maybe look into anti-nausea medication as well or just do it on an empty stomach if you don't want to be found in your own puke.

>>24426142
Pills are good because the delay, but still you are vulnerable to the likely possibility that you'll puke it up and quite possibly have brain damage. No one wants to take care of a man who literally made himself retarded because he was too retarded to kill himself proper. You'll probably get your ass chained up in the basement while your family collects your disability checks. At least if I was your family. I'm not wiping some retard's ass and spoon feeding him the rest of his life just because he got sad one day.

My remedial medical expertise is relegated to helping my drug friends not die when they don't want to and helping people who want to die do it the right way.
>>
File: 1446849957154.jpg (38 KB, 660x720) Image search: [Google]
1446849957154.jpg
38 KB, 660x720
>>24426250
I long for the days of getting out of bed sober, without a hangover and a fresh mind. It's so hard to get those back after so long. The only tip is to "start drinking", but you WILL go too far from the shore at some point. It's a long fucking swim back.
>>
>>24426250
23 here. alcoholism and suicide run in my family.

i'm just going to blame my genes and die in the gutter some where.
>>
>>24426356
>alcoholism and suicide run in my family
Me too!

Same with schizophrenia and depression
>>
>>24426381
my uncle committed suicide in my parents room.

i came home from school and they were carrying his body out the door.

It's all fun from here, friend!
>>
for people like us, there is no moderation or drinking socially, we need to either stop drinking entirely or go the opposite direction, completely off the rails

for everyone in here, do yourselves a favor and DO NOT keep alcohol in your house. dont touch the shit. if you know you're the type that cant stop when he starts, just dont even get started.
>>
>>24426469
At this point though, if I stop cold turkey it probably wouldn't be medically advisable. I should stop skipping meals...
>>
>>24426315
>to keep you conscious will you do all of your downer.
"while" not "will" **

>>24426250
I suggest cheap vodka and Sunny D. If you're gonna get in the pool might as well do a cannon ball.

Also be sure to have plenty of water on hand and bread or something with carbohydrates. Multivitamins are pretty necessary too. One of the biggest problems with alcohol is dehydration so that's what the water is for. Drinking plenty of water before, during, and after drinking alcohol is so so helpful. Hangovers are way less intense and you won't feel aching pain as much or at all.

Also dehydration causes constipation. Constipation wrecks your intestines pretty bad. If you don't want early ass cancer or to be spraying bright red blood when you take a shit then make sure to up your fiber intake. Some fiber cereal and fruit will be good enough most of the time, but if that's not enough then fiber pills will do it. Multivitamins cover the rest of your bases.

Alcohol is basically sugar, so cut down on sugar in other parts of your diet or else complications could arise in that area such as losing a foot to diabetes. Do some exercise as well. Just go for a walk on some slight inclines around where ever you live. If you're like me I like to drink in one spot and all that sitting around isn't good for you. If you're gonna be sober enough to stand up might as well get some walking in too.

>>24426469
There's plenty of alcohol in my house, but it's not mine. I only steal from the stores because I still have few slivers of decency. Also I'm not twenty-one so can't buy it anyway unless a straw purchase.

>>24426531
If you're afraid of seizures then any downer will keep that in check. Dosage depends on your current alcohol intake and the downer your substituting for it.
>>
>>24426469
when i drink i either get stinking drunk or just don't.

but i do have a point where i just don't want to drink anymore when im getting drunk.

it's not like i cant stop when i start, it's just that i see no point in drinking a few pints off beer.

for me, drinking is to get drunk. and getting drunk is all about listening to music, or writing or drawing.

being drunk does help me see things in art and music that i just would nit appreciate if i was sober.
>>
>>24425122
I used to get alcohol poisoning every time I drank, didn't really know what I was doing. I have never been blackout drunk before though.

>>24425040
That being said there is a "limit" your body can reach, regardless of your tolerance it will kill you.

How much do you drink OP?

I drink an entire case of beer usually the 16 oz ones (like an extra dollar for 3 extra beers? fuck yea i'll take that, less walking too) I won't get fucked up but I drink it within 3 - 5 hours

That is definitely not a good thing though. Not a fan of hard liquor as I drink it too fast.

Do you have to be drunk at work at all? I am able to get through my day sober, although as soon as I get home i'm having a beer.

Will wake up and drink a beer, I've only felt bad about drinking in the day once and quickly got over it.
>>
>>24426531
Arn't you concerned for your heart health?

After a few days of binging my heart feels heavy like I just ran a marathon or something. I hate that the most, if I could stop that I'd continue drinking. Currently smoking dope to keep the demons at bay.
>>
>>24427162
It's not unbearable, the pain, I just don't want to keep pushing my body and get some kind of heart disease.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.