[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pros and cons of being a wageslave?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: work-1.jpg (1 MB, 2120x1413) Image search: [Google]
work-1.jpg
1 MB, 2120x1413
Does life get any better when you finish your studies and start working? I just hate memorizing. What are the pros and cons of having a job?
>>
b00mp
>>
machinist here

pros:
>automatically have some friends
>have money
>have "experience" that you can trade for a better job
cons:
>have to deal with women
>its usually boring
>>
Rather that looking at the pros and cons, I'm more interested in what you would consider a viable alternative to being a wageslave.
>>
>>24422897
Suicide, fool
>>
Suddendly life goes by in a blur. While you were studying you constantly met new people, tried and learned new things.

When you start working every day is exactly the same. You see the same people doing the same thing every. single. day.
>>
Pros:
None really. You will feel just as empty inside as when you were poor.

Cons:
Unless you are unemployed or underemployed, you will not get laid. Period. Women say they want men with jobs, money etc. but the fact of the matter is that you have to be a full-time pussy hound to get laid in 2015.
>>
>>24422785
IT Security

Cons-
sometimes long hours,
stressful work/anxiety when youre troubleshooting something

Pros
Experience
Passion
Money
Respected
Love to be around other people at work
>>
>>24425256
>Passion
you keks always assume that everyone has something they're passionate about dont you
>>
pros:
money
something to do
minimum daily allotment of socialization
after I get off work I can do whatever the fuck I want

cons:
have to wake up every morning
work for legitimate retards
work with legitimate retards
boring as fuck
>>
File: 1448045638439.jpg (11 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1448045638439.jpg
11 KB, 250x241
>>24425256
>Pros:
>Passion
>Respected

my fucking sides get a load of this guy
>>
>>24422785
Yeah like other posters are saying, the only upside is pussy and independence from your parents (often two things that must go hand in hand).

You can move out and get a qt to move in and suck your dick when you come home exhausted from work every day.
>>
File: 1448122098426.jpg (44 KB, 680x765) Image search: [Google]
1448122098426.jpg
44 KB, 680x765
>>24425277
>>24425301

Do you have a career?
>>
pros:
money

cons:
miserable
>>
>>24425277
God, I fucking hate the "you have to be passionate for what you do" meme. I went to a job interview for an entry level job a few days, and the hr lady literally said "you seem apt for the job, but I don't feel you're passionate for what you do". I wanted to fucking rape her and kill her right there and scream "IS THIS ENOUGH PASSION FOR YOU, BITCH?!"
>>
>>24425351
I used to have a job in IT, actually. Job, not career. I don't understand why anyone would have anything to do with working except insofar as they need the paycheck, really.
>>
Pros:
You have money, kinda.
Sometimes you make friends with coworkers.
Sometimes you land on a job that's fun.

Cons:
No free time.
You have to drink to unwind, every day. Risk of alcoholism.
Responsibilities and stress.
Monotony and depression.
Sometimes the boss is an asshole.
>>
Pros: have a bit of money, get to pretend to be autonomous, if you can afford a car you can up and go anywhere anytime (while not working), allows you to have a social life via spontaneity, possibly meet cool coworkers.

Cons: you have to work. Usually with people you don't like, and customers that forget what human decency is. 99% of the time you don't make enough to be truly autonomous, most likely have to live with one or more roommates if away from your guardians' home. You have to follow a schedule rather than do what you want any time of day or night.
>>
Pros:
>easy job
>I can afford nicer things I want to buy
>flexible hours (depends if I'm part time though)
>I've became more savvy when it comes to resources and making purchases

Cons:
>the public
>less time for hobbies
>when I have the time I don't do them anyway
>I have absolutely no social life (ymmv if this is a bad thing or not)
>people think I'm taking the easy road because I live with my parents
>>
>>24423546
nah not really

>find girls in your league, looks-wise
be ready to lower your standards. most guys think they deserve better than they do.

>be honest
basically say what you did in your post. (not the part shitting on women. the part about how it sucks having to play games online just for a little intimacy every now and again.) women aren't going to freak out on you or whatever. especially if they're old enough to be working full-time too. many will say "that's not really my style." but some will be like "same here." ask them to meet you for coffee. and so on...
>>
>>24422785
There are zero pros to working. This is why I studied pharmacy and got a good job so I only have to work 3 days a week for a good salary. I'm steadily building up a small business based on my hobby with zero risks and if it happens to take off I won't have to work a single day of my life any more.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.