[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm joining the military. They responded to my application
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: korbo kommando.png (555 KB, 1023x747) Image search: [Google]
korbo kommando.png
555 KB, 1023x747
I'm joining the military. They responded to my application within 5 hours. Can they fix my roboticism if I let them?
>>
>>24421528
No. They will mentally fuck you up beyond all recognition. Robots aren't meant for the military, and if you join it you're stupid enough to deserve what you get.
>>
File: pepe_interview.png (157 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pepe_interview.png
157 KB, 640x480
>>24421674
I'm a robot and joined the military fine, it's literally just doing 80 IQ work all day. The only annoying part was basic training until I realized the Drill Sergeants were shitposters IRL and I just stopped caring when they yelled because it just fuels them to yell more
>>
where are you shitposting from OP?
>>
What branch and what country? It's not a bad gig once you're finished with all your training depending on what branch you're in.
>>
>>24421528
They'll fix it whether you want them or not now.
>>
What branch OP?

I had my 2 year anniversary with the Army yesterday.
>>
I wish I lived in a first world country where something as simple as joining the fucking military wasn't a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense and general retardation

they opened up something like 1700 spots a few weeks ago and they got over 9000 applications so far

it's fucking bullshit
>>
>>24421809
by the way I'm not fucking memeing when I say over 9000 applications, there are exactly 9089 as of now and like 2 more weeks to go
>>
>>24421809
Yeah, same here. Recruiting closed for ages, finally open with 500 (!) posts, more than half specialized ones like heavy truck drivers and doctors. About 6000 people who wanted to join, try it too, obviously fail.

Next three years closed, made some mistake, got a damn PROBATION for damage of others property. And now they open for nearly four thousand people as far as I know, and what do I hear? "We can't take you anon, you criminal." Even when my probation ended long time ago.

Anyway, French Foreign Legion is accepting nearly as twice as much people now, so I will try my luck there.
>>
>>24421809
where i live you have to be from here to enlist in the army and to recieve benefits
>>
>>24421924
I'm reading up on the french foreign legion and it looks really attractive

would you say it's a secure job?
>>
What is it like to join the military?

Since I don't want a desk job, want to learn skills that I can actually put to use and want to travel I'm thinking about doing my military service in my country and perhaps my career in the military.
>>
>>24421746
Canada
Chair Force

Applied for 3 different jobs. Got an email saying my application was selected for further processing 5 hours after sending it. Aptitude test should be easy but I bought a guidebook just to make sure I get 100
>>
>>24421978
Well casualty wise it should be, FFL is as elite, as any western army can get.

Don't know about injury rate though. There is also high as fuck desertion, since you sign your contract for a five years and first year is especially nasty and brutal from what I have heard. After that it mostly depends, legion is very specific.
>>
>>24421809
was it poland?
>>
>>24421981
It largely depends on what job you pick in the military

There's desk jobs, mechanics, engineering, driving, cooking, medics, etc.
>>
>>24422033
ah sorry, I meant secure as in job security

>>24422036
italy
>>
>>24421956
arab emirates btw
>>
>>24421528
don't join the military you dumb fucking shit baka desu senpai
>>
>>24422049
I meant infantry. That's the job where you receive the most physical training and get to see places right?
>>
>>24422100
Any job in the military can deploy, you can go to Iraq or Afghanistan with a desk job
>>
>>24422082
Justin Trudeau doesn't like sending troops to that shithole luckily. I should be more worried about being sent to the arctic, where we have pissing matches with Russia to see who gets to claim oil.
>>
The army is full of weeaboos

If you're a weeaboo, you'll be fine
>>
>>24422058
Oh, you mean this. Well, from what I have heard, you must be a total and utter idiot, that they would kick you out. I know five legionnaires, and they don't know about anyone who was kicked out. However, they all know many deserters.
>>
>>24422167
I see, this sounds very interesting
I might just give it a go
>>
>>24422153
I applied to be an avionics technician and an information/communication systems technician. What are my chances of being around weebs/girls/weebgirls?

My cousin is teaching me to play Magic: the Gathering, maybe I'll meet some people who are up for that
>>
>>24422113
Well I want to do something that's exciting, not push papers all day.
>>
>>24422185
There are lots of relatively solid French documentaries with English subtitles about the legion, check them up. But discard that horrid shit by Grills, that is straight absurd.

I am going in the next month, so bonne chance to you too.
>>
>>24422189
How exciting? "Getting shot at" exciting or just doing anything that doesn't have you at the desk 8 hours a day? Not many miljobs involve the latter.
>>
>>24422244
On YouTube. Sorry.
>>
>>24422247
Both are fine, could you elaborate?
>>
>>24422244
Thanks mate, and good luck
>>
I'm disqualified from joining. Feels bad man.
>>
>>24422259
Can't really elaborate since I'm not in the force yet and won't be for half a year.

Just saying, I looked almost every job on the Canadian Forces website (I imagine most NATO militaries would have similar structure) and I don't remember any of them sounding like typical office drone jobs.
>>
>>24422353
Alright then. What job are you aiming for?

I guess I just want to travel to other places and actually get to see some "action", whether it's static security/guarding or active defense and interventions
>>
>>24422247
>Not many miljobs involve the latter.

Most jobs will involve the later, especially with all of the cutbacks in the military and less skirmishes currently. Right now it's harder to deploy
>>
File: remy.jpg (49 KB, 640x463) Image search: [Google]
remy.jpg
49 KB, 640x463
>>24422026

Alright good gig. US Chair Force here. Basic is shitty, but it's kinda a joke in that they can't touch you or do anything other than yell. Tech School sucks because you want your life back but are basically a prisoner Monday through Friday 9-5. Operational is pretty chill, mostly like an average job.

I'm not gonna lie though, it's not for me in the long run. Glad I only did four years, as simply being in the military stresses me out. I hate moving, I don't want to see the world, I have a notable amount of anxiety towards change, so you can guess I'm praying I don't deploy or end up moving stations before my contract is up. Everyone is always telling you that the military has great job security and the fact of the matter is that's all that is secure. You know you'll get paid, and you'll have another paycheck in two weeks. That's all you know. In a moments notice you could be getting orders to deploy, change stations, etc. I just can't live my life like that...

So should you do it? It really depends.

It's really not a bad gig. What gives me anxiety and makes me terrified excites and entices others, so I know it's not really a problem that exists, but is a problem because of me. But ultimately, your education/career choices should all be headed towards what you want from life. So, enlist accordingly.

If you want to work on the avionics of air craft as a career in the civilian world, don't accept a job that doesn't have anything to do with that.

I wanted to be a Network Administrator/Engineer, so what did I do? Enlist with a job that's the Air Force's version of that. So now, when I'm out and done, I'll have 4 years of job experience, and a bunch of college money to finish my degree and certs.

If you're not doing a job you really want to do, you might as well do reserves/Air National Guard. You get college money and a little experience from that, but ultimately that's all you'll be getting from Active if you're not doing the career you want to do.
>>
File: image.png (130 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
image.png
130 KB, 284x339
>>24422314
IKTF Anon, I even passed the Asvab and I got medically disqualified
>>
Stay out of the navy you stupid weeb
the scrawny faggots that had anime tattoos in bootcamp were the fucking worst
>couldnt pt for shit
>had flamboyant womanly voices
>would stare at penises in the showers
There was this furry that was in the room next to me in A school. He spent his liberty time making a mouse costume. He got kicked out because of mental issues (im not exactly sure what they found out about him)
>>
>>24423509
Thanks for meaningful input, anon

Was your workings hours at least stable, even if your working area wasn't? I'm bad at time management and I don't like uncertainty.
>>
>>24424548
>not wanting losers to feel superior to

Time to join the Navy
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.