[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /live off the land/ here? I cant stand the idea of govt assistance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 44
File: download (3).png (630 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
download (3).png
630 KB, 600x600
who /live off the land/ here?
I cant stand the idea of govt assistance so i collect edible plants and mushrooms, hunt birds and fish to sustain myself...
i live in a tiny flat and sell psilocybin mushrooms online to pay the rest, electricity and internet.
>>
>>24420203
to pay the *rent
>>
What made you adopt such a lifestyle?
>>
>>24420203
>I cant stand the idea of govt assistance
I hope you're not some kind of filthy capitalist, Anon...
>>
>>24420203
Sounds interesting. Is it good?
>>
File: tumblr_static_van.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_van.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>24420203
>live in a tiny flat and sell psilocybin mushrooms online
At least you're doing work and contributing to society.

I plan to renovate a camper van into a dwelling space, put solar panels on top, and just park it in the middle of the woods while I live off edibles plants and animals around me.
>>
File: download (45).png (485 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
download (45).png
485 KB, 600x336
>>24420268
i grew up innawoods, made me understand how little a human actually needs to be fulfilled

>>24420621
im not a clever man i dont know what capitalism even entails in terms of govt policy

>>24420723
its hard, but ultimately very rewarding
>>
File: download (26).png (519 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
download (26).png
519 KB, 600x337
>>24420746
sounds feasible, you shouldnt mount the pannels ontop though, make them ground based so you can use a mirror array to collect light even on overcast days.
>>
>>24420203
>sell psilocybin mushrooms

This is worse than literally any other type of crime. Most crime makes people hurt or dead. Or maybe even makes their dear ones hurt or dead. Or maybe even 'ruins' lives permanently in the sense of trauma from trafficking or framing innocent people or things like that.

But only 'psychedelics' have the power to erase your drive for the things that the things I described above ruin; the drive for moral integrity, and justice, and truth, which all give way to the permanent, drug-induced autism (take care, a rare instance in which this term is used properly, medically) that 'I understood that right and wrong doesn't matter' and 'I understood that everyone lives for themselves' and 'I understood that what matters is to connect to other people', to the effect of empathetically, actively avoiding any confrontation, intellectual or ethical, which implies existence of right and wrong, either in yourself or in others. And actively pushing other people to do the same.

A life after 'psychedelics' is not a life of wrong; it is a life in you proclaim 'wrong is just a mental construct'.
>>
>>24420837
someone will take the b8
>>
>>24420864
Like everyone else, I too once believed that 'they are harmless tools for introspection which the government delegalized for this reason or another'.

Then I began to read on them.
>>
File: dont-look-too-long.png (1 MB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
dont-look-too-long.png
1 MB, 1200x800
>>24420837
i think debates involving uninformed parties(you) are ultimately pointless.
you really dont know, come back and see me when you know
>>
>>24420203
do you have steam or some kind of email?
>>
>>24420892
>This is worse than literally any other type of crime. Most crime makes people hurt or dead. Or maybe even makes their dear ones hurt or dead. Or maybe even 'ruins' lives permanently in the sense of trauma from trafficking or framing innocent people or things like that.

But only 'Neitzsche' have the power to erase your drive for the things that the things I described above ruin; the drive for moral integrity, and justice, and truth, which all give way to the permanent, book-induced autism (take care, a rare instance in which this term is used properly, medically) that 'I understood that right and wrong doesn't matter' and 'I understood that everyone lives for themselves' and 'I understood that what matters is to connect to other people', to the effect of empathetically, actively avoiding any confrontation, intellectual or ethical, which implies existence of right and wrong, either in yourself or in others. And actively pushing other people to do the same.

A life after 'Philosophy' is not a life of wrong; it is a life in you proclaim 'wrong is just a mental construct'.
>>
File: 32523565.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
32523565.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1080
>>24420933
why do you want to contact me?
i dont mean that dismissively, im just cautious about dropping my details on 4ch
>>
>>24420837
man, youre just an asshole
>>
>>24420932
I've seen many times.

Allow me to paraphrase once more.

>'Well, when you look at it, in programming, operators can be thought of as functions themselves (cf. the prefix notation, *(2, 5)), as perhaps can control flow structures (while(function condition, function then))...'
>'No don't understand what you're talking, about programming is about algorithms, educate yourself before you talk!!!'

You think that your couple of cliches, 'don't talk until you try', 'blue and blind people', 'literally another dimension', 'it's just a tool', 'people whom they make idiots were stupid to begin with', constitute understanding. Incorrect.

>>24420955
Interesting coincidence (not really), then, that every time I read that 'psychedelics' have 'opened the druggie's eyes to areas of knowledge he didn't use to consider', what follows is invariably '...I began to read more seriously about psychology, religion, and philosophy'. Insofar as 'philosophy' is meaningless, it attracts druggies.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2JIeRITBXo
>>
>>24421011
>ignore the point
>comment on the person making it

Literally what I described in the post you replied to. The content stops mattering; what matters is reproaching other people for having put forward the content in the first place.
>>
>>24421038
>stop caring, stop trying, let go, ignore, understand that knowledge and language and truth and reality and you doesn't exist
>then magically you'll become motivated and educated

Literally what kind of personality believes this.
>>
File: 32344435.jpg (563 KB, 2047x1364) Image search: [Google]
32344435.jpg
563 KB, 2047x1364
>>24421011
most likely a troll
wouldnt be surprised if he was a cool guy irl but id prefer if we didnt give this kind of post too much attention in my thread
I'd rather my thread die than be sustained by posts like his and the replies that follow

>>24421032
you must have mistaken me for someone else, i dont hold those opinions and certainly have never expressed those ideas here
this is a /living off the land/ thread and i'd like it if we could stay on topic
>>
>>24421080
Watts was just a deeply morally bankrupt person with a DEEP inferiority complex who basically tried to build an ideological cult through his flavour of logically and definitionally flawed populism ('excessive caring prevents achievement' -> let's omit the key word and say 'caring prevents achievement' -> let's ignore the necessary/sufficient distinction and say that 'not caring causes achievement'). He was a deeply harmful agent and I'm glad he died early.
>>
>>24421117
Of course, he is being universally adored decades after his death.
>>
>>24420996
plsssss i need shrooms to kickstart my messed up life, ive been smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol for 3 years now inside my apertment. shrooms broke my last depression when i was 18 and it will do it again pls i just turned 27 and i dont know where the last couple of years went and i cant figure out bitcoin
>>
>>24420203
my bad

how long do you think a totally untrained person would have to take before they could live off the land on their own?

>>24421080
>shot in the foot
>>
File: jew.gif (4 KB, 452x523) Image search: [Google]
jew.gif
4 KB, 452x523
>>24421080
Yes goyim! Become enlightened!
>>
also, sorry about shitting up your thread
>>
>>24421170
>implying the jewish mindset doesn't revolve around nihilism

do you even weininger?
>>
>>24421147
im not the person to contact for drugs, sorry man
i get that you have problems but i cant help

>>24421153
>how long
immediately if you have access to information online and a person to show you, without , maybe 6 months to learn to trap(animals not dicks) and learn the safe plants in your country >>24421186 no worries man
the hardest thing is to find a good place, the best option in general is to find a place as far away from people as possible.
>>
>>24421170
I very much respect Jews, yes.

I pretty much prefer Jewish advancements to physics from the beginning of the 20th century to a man whose idea of 'understanding life' is exemplified by quotes such as this one from the comments to that video: 'seeing is not experiencing the drop of water in ocean, but seeing the ocean in a drop of water'. Except that that man is also such a spineless coward that when called out on the meaninglessness of that pseudoanalogy and intellectual cowardice manifest in its ambiguity, he'd readily embrace the criticism and turn its on its head, saying, 'yes, exactly, it's supposed to be ambiguous, it's supposed to "make you think" (I abhor this abuse of the term "to think")'.

He's a coward. He's not a 'thinker', he's not an 'entertainer', he's a lowlife who tried to boost his ego by egoistically poisoning the culture with his meaningless language games. 'You are (not) what you (think/experience/...)'. Nonsense.

Such people remind me of a quote from the Polish novel 'Pharaoh', in which the protagonist, eventually disappointed by the scare tactics continually employed by his enemies, the priest caste, asks, 'what worth are enemies that fall apart like a glob of mud in the hand?' If a person can't stand the thought of basic intellectual responsibility, instead nestling itself in the safe, secure realm of analogies such as 'life is like...', then he's just a nuisance.
>>
>>24421283
People must learn not to feel pity for individuals like him and other Buddhist 'teachers' by pretending to see merit in their figurative games.
>>
>>24421032
Why are you so anal holocausted by moral relativism?
>>
>>24420837

The mushrooms cause a shift of the assemblage point. The point in which we gather energy of our surroundings for interpretation by the brain. They allow us new perspectives of the world, there is no right or wrong about this, we simply are not on the same frequency as most other people.

When the assemblage point moves inside the aura, we experience other views of ourselves, and this world, we may use parts of our mind that we wouldn't normally, and explore aspects of ourselves that we wouldn't normally.

When the assemblage point moves outside the aura, we are privileged to visit aspects of reality completely separate from the limitations of the self. Travel to otherworlds and out of body experience are the kind of things that happen at this point. Movement of the assemblage point outside the aura is often labeled by the uninitiated as a "level 5."

If you are interested in insanity, in my view, insanity would be uncontrolled sporadic shifting of the assemblage point in normal waking states of consciousness. In this instance, there is no solid view of reality to ever hold onto, it is in a constant state of change. Generally, this isn't a rational fear... In most cases, after the trip, the assemblage point will lock back into the ordinary position within a day or two. It with act as a pendulum swinging back and forth at smaller intervals, smaller margins of error each time until it stops. Occasionally this can take several days, and few claim to have permanent condition (HPPD).

To answer your question, "Do mushrooms make you insane?" I will answer; for the average user, NO. They do not make you insane, in-fact they take you beyond sanity, on the other side of insanity... unsanity.
>>
>>24421249
how's your health? do you feel like a normal person or a badass paleolithic hunter-gatherer? i live in the city and it seems like when i get closer to people they seem a little deflated once you get to know them closely. i certainly feel that way myself.

do you ever have any interaction with diesel fuel and that kind of stuff and think, "people breathe this shit?"
>>
>>24421328
Translation:

...no, in fact, this particular heap of 'psychedelic' rubbish yields itself to not even a single-word paraphrase. It just says nothing.

Except the ordinary establishment 'reality doesn't exist' and 'insanity is just seeing things differently' harmful dogmas. (I wonder if anyone who's happily saying the latter has ever had a mentally ill person in the family.)
>>
File: 1410525694790.gif (1 MB, 296x160) Image search: [Google]
1410525694790.gif
1 MB, 296x160
>>24421283
>egoistically poisoning the culture with his meaningless language games
>>
>>24421367
Let's give examples, then. From his Wikiquote page. Five. I will literally stomach no more.

>The more we struggle for life (as pleasure), the more we are actually killing what we love.
= Don't try, drop ambitions.

>Everybody is fundamentally the ultimate reality. Not God in a politically kingly sense, but God in the sense of being the self, the deep-down basic whatever there is.
= There is nothing out there to study empirically, the true reality is revealed self-absorption, think only about yourself, think only about yourself.

>Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
= Defining is bad, you're something more than your brain, life is a mystery.

>Every individual is an expression of the whole realm of nature, a unique action of the total universe. This fact is rarely, if ever, experienced by most individuals.
= Abusing the definition of words such as 'is' is fine, don't think about unearthing particular causal relationships between parts of reality such as you and your environment, instead focus on the 'higher' level that you 'are' reality.

>[...] you see [the universe] starts now, it didn't begin in the past, there was no past.
= The universe is not the physical sequence of events which to study, it is your own instance of experiencing, the reality is not external, it is internal, focus on your own feelings.

In fact, it's been a time that I last saw him, and his anti-intellectual manipulation is so heavy-handed, I really wonder how anyone can fail to see it.
>>
>>24421441
Of course, only the lowest dregs of mankind would say things like that. He's a literal zero on the ethical scale.
>>
File: download (0).png (1 MB, 1048x614) Image search: [Google]
download (0).png
1 MB, 1048x614
>>24421328
transient hypofrontality is what happens when you take shrooms
ie. the front part of your brain(prefrontal cortex) that writes your personal monologue is disabled
this effect coupled with hyper connectivity, produces an effect that gives you a platform to view yourself without egotism

>>24421347
im very healthy in terms of how extremely i can exert myself physically.
but socially i am inept/unhealthy
>>
>>24421469
>a platform to view yourself without egotism

'I shouldn't have done that' and 'I should do that' is not 'viewing yourself in a different way'. Sorry to try to burst your introspection bubble. You learned strictly nothing from your experiences. Your priorities just changed, that's all.
>>
File: BA6ToND.jpg (265 KB, 1280x660) Image search: [Google]
BA6ToND.jpg
265 KB, 1280x660
>>24421499
i knew that part would be controversial and maybe 'without egotism' isnt the bast way to describe the experience
but i scientifically transient hypofronality is what has been shown to happen and I think it promotes mental health.
I also mentioned hyper connectivity[pic related] which im not sure is 'healthy' but none-the-less is an experience that changes your perspecive in a way, causing you to view others perspecives as your own (perhaps leading you to value kindness and loving actions towards others?)
>>
>>24420203
>and sell psilocybin mushrooms online
What's your preferred method of payment?
>>
>>24421709
crypto-currency obviously
>>
>>24421726
And do you find that line of work gratifying? Seriously though, where and how do I give you my money?
>>
>>24421441
>>24421283
This guy knows whats up except for the jew part
>>24421328
This post 1328, is a troll post I made to show the retarded insanity of the babbling shroomhead. They are too far gone into their bullshit
>>
>>24421706
>hyper connectivity[pic related]

Yes, it is a universal, naive misconception that this reflects insights. Really it reflects broken conceptual boundaries. Consider the cliche that, say, 'you are the universe experiencing yourself'. This requires degeneration of the boundaries of the concept 'to be', so for it to accommodate equivalence of a human being and the universe; in programming terms, it is degeneration of a language to use implicit type casting, saying that the value of 1 'essentially is' the value of "1foobarbaz". Needless to say, such overabstractions are useless and conviction in their relevance (which 'psychedelics' naturally cause as well) displaces interest in meaningful pursuits. 'You're the universe' is just one of thousands of examples.

>leading you to value kindness and loving actions towards others?

This too makes rarer analytic thought such as e.g. abstracting language to syntactic trees or music to numerical relationships or railway networks to graphs or whatever.
>>
File: download (2).png (419 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
419 KB, 600x401
>>24421745
i dont conciser it my work, to me work is finding, chopping and storing wood to burn and finding plants and animals to eat are my work
the shroom thing... they do all the work themselves, i just vacuum seal and slap a postage stamp on 'em.
i dont send internationally (for obvious customs reasons) and youre probably not in my country, sorry pal
>>
>>24420203
When Spring hits, I'm going to go live on a piece of property I just bought, build a shed, and try to live off the grid. I have absolutely no prior experience to anything like this other than camping every now and then. How fast am I going to die?
>>
>>24421835
That's nifty. You don't grow them yourself from spores? There's just an abundance in the forest you live in? I'm from the US, don't hold it against me. Where are you, the Netherlands, Canada, what? The only mushrooms that contain psilocin or psilocybin around here are the blue foot psilocybe and they're really rare. Plus their growing season is over. Otherwise, I might have some luck searching for them around where I live. Forest, lots of rotted trees.
>>
>>24421831
In other words, there are insights and 'insights'.

An insight is, say, detection of the law of gravitation, acceleration times mass or whatever. It CREATES a distinction. It creates a real model of the world.

An 'insight' is, say, the cliche that 'love is gravity'. It REMOVES a distinction. It requires metaphorical equivalence between a neurochemical phenomenon and a physical phenomenon. It teaches you to concede, 'yes, those things are the same'. It changes your definition of sameness from 'same' to 'basically same'.

'Psychedelics' exclusively cause the latter. This is just the way they work. There is no way around this. This is just what they do to your brain.
>>
>>24421966
Of course, it is infinitely easier to see a similarity than to discover a distinction; thence innumerable claims of 'psychedelics broadening awareness' and 'psychedelics fuelling creativity'.
>>
>>24421831
i'd have to agree with youre points about hyper connectivity, but the transient hypofrontality thing is not up for debate, it has been shown to be one of the most functional state you can possibly experience, extreme sports, artistic flow states and writing all rely on this function of the brain and i think it is a crucial part of personal development to find what can get you there, even if it is a mind altering substance.

>>24421909
I'm somewhere in the south pacific
>You don't grow them yourself from spores
yeah i started with spores, then moved to inoculating agar plate with cuttings of the biggest fruit bodies that i produced so that i would get bigger and bigger mushrooms as i progressed.
>>
>>24421996
>so that i would get bigger and bigger and bigger mushrooms as i progressed

That's awesome. From what little I know about growing, it doesn't seem like anything I could ever handle. Don't have the time or patience. Good for you though man. Much luck to you in living off the grid.
>>
>>24421996
>artistic flow states and writing

Alas, not even that is true. I've seen 'psychedelic' visual and textual art. It is again a case of degeneration of standards. In visual arts, composition, which requires deliberation and evaluation whether a line adds most to the picture here or maybe it should be curved that way rather, gives way to stringing wiggly lines next to each other because the person is so consumed by them, they don't think of (literally) the bigger picture. At the very best, it provokes Escher-esque 'reuse of shapes', in which one shares a line with another. But that kind of non-composition is cramped.

In textual arts, I've only read druggies say that 'they began to care less about composition and just gave it a go stream-of-consciousness way'. I don't read, but I can only guess what this means for sentence- and passage-melody, accents, and such.

In music, sustained or sparse notes and few instruments are preferred, exemplified by the infamous Pink Floyd.

'Psychedelics' degenerate artistic ability.
>>
>>24422091
To each their own.
>>
>>24422091
In other words, literally every purported benefit of 'psychedelics', from emotional to intellectual to artistic, relies on degenerated definitions and standards: 'it made me a better person' results from changed definitions of good behaviour (meaning more people-pleasing behaviour), 'it made me self-aware' relies on shift of definition of understanding from falsifiable material claims to immaterial claims such as 'everyone can always be wrong', and 'it made me appreciate art more' relies on fascination with contentless pieces.

>>24422103
This is morally untenable. If there were a parasite that made people 'deliberately' lobotomize themselves so to exert themselves less and experience less because 'they just choose to do so', I would have to stop it nonetheless.
>>
>>24421901
Buy some food with long shelf life. No need to gather and hunt, really. You could just go shopping once in a while.
>>
>>24422158
>>24422103
In other words, that a substance makes a person declare 'it is I that am responsible for the changes and not the substance' doesn't change the facts.
>>
File: 144609396298203.jpg (132 KB, 1002x596) Image search: [Google]
144609396298203.jpg
132 KB, 1002x596
>>24422057
>it doesn't seem like anything I could ever handle
its really not difficult at all
>Don't have the time or patience
unless youre about to die in 3 months, you have the time. and patience is something you can train, why not train it by growing mushrooms?

>>24422091
youre taking what I'm saying out of context, I said transient hypofrontality was observable in artistic flow states and writing, transient hypofrontality is NOT exclusive to psychedelic states at all, which was the point is was trying to make... i just said psilocybin has that effect and that it is a way to get that experience even if you are not a writer, extreme sportsman or artist
>>
>>24422201
This is about like saying that drowning is fine because it involves physical exercise and is exciting.
>>
>>24421996
Stop being turgid
>>
>>24422201
I've given it serious consideration, don't get me wrong. I might someday. Not to sell or anything. I don't know. Honestly my primary concern is that it all seems a little risky. Even if spores can be purchased legally, I just get paranoid about this kind of thing.
>>
>>24422229
>being 16 and jerking off to "turgid member" on google image search

those were the days

the third one was leaking massive amounts of pus
>>
File: download (6).png (474 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
download (6).png
474 KB, 600x400
>>24422215
I've heard the story of wim hof((+25 time guinness book of world records holder) nearly drowning and he said it was a very valuable experience.

>>24422229
dont tell me how to be, im reserved irl... this is my place to be bloated.

>>24422277
yeah, i understand where you're coming from... but at the same time i see a future where govt policy is based on hard science and not emotional bondage and i dont see the point of humouring them until they sort their shit out.
>>
>>24422356
>and i dont see the point of humouring them until they sort their shit out
You know, you're a rad guy. Thanks for the motivation.
>>
I fish. I can get enough fish to feed myself for a week from the river/sea im maybe 3 days. Not full days too, maybe 6 hours. I have a part time job at night for internet and stuff I cant make myself. But I plan o build a proper garden and have chickens and remove myself completely eventually
>>
File: download (14).png (472 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
download (14).png
472 KB, 600x337
>>24422583
that sounds pretty cool man, fishing is so fun, but its entirely up to the sea how much you catch, chickens on the other hand will give eggs as long as you give them food (you may need to extend their light cycle by putting a bulb in their coop.)
it sounds like you have the right mindset. individuals can still fend for themselves and i hope more people like you and me can be a testament to that notion.
>>
>>24420769
>i grew up innawoods
mowgli?
>>
File: oy vey.png (473 KB, 478x457) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.png
473 KB, 478x457
>>24420837
>GOY! DON'T TAKE MUSHROOMS, OY VEY! TAKE PRESCRIPTION MEDS INSTEAD GOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
>>
LIVE OFF THE FATTA THE LAND GEORGE
>>
File: ovey.png (419 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
ovey.png
419 KB, 2550x3300
>>24420837
>This is worse than literally any other type of crime
>selling harmless drugs is worse than murder
>>
>>24420203

How can I get closer to this (for me) ideal.
I'm a complete noob and idiot when it comes to these things.

I'd like to connect more to the soil, but I'm too weak to make the hard choices.
>>
>>24423068
try camping maybe
>>
>>24420203
i'd visit you
>>
File: download (12).png (570 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
download (12).png
570 KB, 600x450
>>24423068
i dont mean to impose my views on you, but in my eyes robots' tenancies to stay in their rooms is not because their rooms are the best place to be, but rather because away from people is the best place to be.

I think if you spend more time alone outdoors (innawoods/night walking/ exploring abandoned places) you'll develop a relationship with lonesome adventure that will be so strong, living amongst it will seem like a logical option.
you can learn almost anything online these day, I'd start with plant recognition and simple rules for eating said plants (eg. any plant that yields 5 petaled flowers has roots that are edible when cooked and shoots that can be eaten raw)
>>
>>24422158
The strength of psychedelics come from you recovering from a trip rather than you tripping.

Whenever you work out, you become weaker for a time, but your body eventually recovers. When it recovers, your muscles are stronger than before.

Whenever you take psychs, your concept of reality is destroyed. Hallucinations and delusions set in and fry your brain.

After the trip, your mind has to rebuild its concept of reality. 9 times out of 10, you gain a more complete view of reality from a wider vantage and a more mature mindset.
>>
File: download (53).png (1 MB, 950x507) Image search: [Google]
download (53).png
1 MB, 950x507
>>24423124
this is actually better advice than mine

>>24423178
Im a useless host, but i appreciate the validation.
>>
File: 3473688765753442.png (345 KB, 403x834) Image search: [Google]
3473688765753442.png
345 KB, 403x834
>>24421441
>Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
= Defining is bad, you're something more than your brain, life is a mystery.

Ok, define yourself if it's so easy. To note, 90% of the DNA in your own body is not "human", we are a walking colony of organisms. So what's /really/ us?

>The more we struggle for life (as pleasure), the more we are actually killing what we love.
= Don't try, drop ambitions.

If you'd ever fucked a girl, you'd know that incessantly asking for sex will drive her away. It's like that. It means NOT to be self absorbed about your own pleasures, because you're connected in subtle ways to your environment. Which is in direct opposition to you interpretation of:

>Everybody is fundamentally the ultimate reality. Not God in a politically kingly sense, but God in the sense of being the self, the deep-down basic whatever there is.
= There is nothing out there to study empirically, the true reality is revealed self-absorption, think only about yourself, think only about yourself.

Everybody is the fundamental reality as they experience it. Nothing in that quote leads to your interpretation.

>Every individual is an expression of the whole realm of nature, a unique action of the total universe. This fact is rarely, if ever, experienced by most individuals.
= Abusing the definition of words such as 'is' is fine, don't think about unearthing particular causal relationships between parts of reality such as you and your environment, instead focus on the 'higher' level that you 'are' reality.

Never says don't bother studying it. If you've ever done any science, you'd appreciate how incredibly difficult it is to study anything. Removing a part from the environment changes how that part behaved from before. Trying to study the totality of a system like an animal is unimaginably complex and can't really be done. That's what "an action of the whole universe" means.
>>
File: leery fisheman.jpg (202 KB, 1024x623) Image search: [Google]
leery fisheman.jpg
202 KB, 1024x623
>>24422908
>244229O8
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>24421147
Not OP, but look for them next season (depending on where you live, there are a bunch), post what you find on shroomery to see if they're legit or not, and you're all set.

They might not be liberty caps or psilocybe cubensis (sp?), which are the most common ones, but there are PLENTY of mushroom species that contain psilobin and psilocybin (sp?)
>>
>>24423702
He was either autistic, or just a kuck
>>
OP - do you have any more art pictures? I really like the style in most of them (or are they just filters on top of regular images??)

Either way, pls post more or how I can find more like this, they're very nice looking.

Also, OP - do you use mushrooms yourself as a tool? You should try Aya, it's very similar to shrooms in the spiritual sense, but you might vomit from it (the only downside, imo)
>>
>>24423395
Stomach-turning apologetics, no better than the proverbial liberal professor who argues that race and gender doesn't exist, intelligence can't be measured, nurture trumps nature, and no culture is better than another. It is stunning that people don't see this. I could address your manipulations one by one, but there is no point. 'White guilt' might be real or not, but 'smart guilt' is. You are a bullied nerd kid who as an adult attempts to placate his bullies by vocally conceding that 'science is not everything, reality is more complex that we'll ever comprehend, and knowledge is filtered by our perceptions anyway'.

>>24423347
See >>24421831 and >>24421966 for what your 'more complete view of reality' is and why you don't recognize its nature.
>>
File: download (61).png (457 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
download (61).png
457 KB, 600x449
>>24423886
yes, i have a lot (most are too big for this board unfortunately)
idk where to find similar stuff, most is oc i created using neural networks in virtualbox.

>do you use mushrooms yourself as a tool? You should try Aya
i do use them (and other plants like blue lotus and S.divinorum)... I dont think I'm ready for heavy stuff like 'aya' or iboga just yet, but I am preparing myself.
>>
File: gyhjioigyhluig.png (466 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
gyhjioigyhluig.png
466 KB, 600x385
>>24423886
its been hard...
>>
>>24424017
>I am preparing myself

Translation:

'I am repeating in advance the mantra that the experience is going to be profound and revelatory, so asto experience absolutely no cognitive dissonance when it comes up to evaluating it and just swallow it whole instead.'
>>
File: 1439319179817.png (531 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1439319179817.png
531 KB, 800x500
>>24424045
...to dump digital...
>>
File: download (20).png (526 KB, 600x362) Image search: [Google]
download (20).png
526 KB, 600x362
>>24424066
...images since....
>>
>>24424054

not that guy, but what is your angle here?

I'm interested in your point of view because I find it so stupid even though it's obviously thought through.
>>
File: download (13).png (717 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
download (13).png
717 KB, 600x444
>>24424086
... the r9k...
>>
>>24424054
(This is all there is behind the unending reminders to 'respect the drug', 'respect the plant', 'respect the chemical', etc., by the way: cognitive dissonance, the inkling that the experience might have been worthless after all, is unpleasant, so druggies set each other up to convince themselves of its profundity.)
>>
File: 34567654.jpg (147 KB, 858x632) Image search: [Google]
34567654.jpg
147 KB, 858x632
>>24424102
...robot returned
>>
>>24424102
daymn, how do you create stuff like that?
>>
File: 1438356793275.png (881 KB, 800x496) Image search: [Google]
1438356793275.png
881 KB, 800x496
>>24424054
you have no right to interpret the meaning of my posts.
i wouldnt do that to you because i have no idea what agenda you are pushing.

when i said I am preparing myself, I simply meant I dont think I am at a point in my life where i need to re-evaluate choices or de-construct my habits of living in the form of a drug-induced spanking delivered by the godhead of my inexcusable psyche just yet.
>>
>>24424101
Let the druggies themselves talk, shall we?

>Google >ayahuasca taught me

Let's take the first four, indiscriminately, in order.

>Ayahuasca taught me that we are beings as powerful as insignificant if we do not use the power of our heart to connect to the rest of the universe and make our contribution to this dream is the life of which we are participants, but also co creators responsible for a gift that should not be used to follow the laws of power and destruction.

>Expanding slowly, I was shown a series of developments and ways to reach the maximum human potential for deep connection within universal consciousness. Every action was detrimental to compassion and the biodiversity of life.

>My acknowledgment of a higher power and of a spiritual realm of existence began that night. I had previously found even the word God itself particularly contemptible. Now I could discuss the subject openly and not feel ashamed to do so. Even today, when my ego occasionally acts up and tries to deny spirit, I can never fully internalize that denial. A part of me will always feel disingenuous if ever attempting to wield an Atheistic argument. It is this part of me that knows the truth.

>[It] has taught me all about acceptance. I used to be uncomfortable with myself and my identity and she has brought me to a place of peace. I used to try to change who I was or put up false images but she has taken all that away. I'm finally content and at ease now with the process of life and death.

(Continued.)
>>
>>24424017
>blue lotus
Do you smoke it or make tea from it? I've smoked it before to not much effect and am pretty interested in hearing what the tea does.
>>
>>24424223

I'm not interested in random quotes.
I wanted to get acquainted with your insight to broaden my own line of thinking, even though you possibly see it as degenerate.
>>
File: 1438406784022.png (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1438406784022.png
1 MB, 800x450
>>24424118
the one you quoted was made by feeding googles 'deep-dream' sortware with graffiti images, then re-drawing someone elses art in the style of the lines and shapes the software 'learnt' in said graffiti

>>24424223
please stop... make your own thread to bully people in but i wont accept this shit in my thread.

>>24424235
I eat it, blended with yoghurt and honey...
like +50grams at a time
>>
>>24424336

Cool! Reminded me a bit of some of Paul Klee's works. Keep up the good work
>>
>>24424330
I said 'continued'. Be patient.

>>24424223
...Now, there are two kinds of 'meaning'. Direct -- what the experience has directly revealed to you -- and, conceivably, indirect -- whether it's prompted your personality to move to education in the future.

Obviously, all drugs prevent the latter. So, the former...

On the first glance it's visible that those 'relevations' are just the staple of 'psychedelics', namely objectivization of subjective impressions (the 'universal projection'). In the first one, increased empathy/misguided compassion, belief in free will, and self-righteous egoism coupled with condescension for the unenlightened. In the second, free will, compassion, and the dumb 'everything is connected' with no particular examples behind it. In the third, psychiatric delusion of 'universal agency'/'there must be some design to the universe'/'nothing is an accident'. In the fourth, degeneration of ambition and perception of motivtion to keep up with others as 'false'.

All trivial changes in emotional outlook (universally degenerative, too), all confused for objective truths.

Now, simply, the point of pretending that drug experiences need to be 'prepared for' is simply to facilitate this objectivization, so to erase any nagging conviction that I might just have come to refer in objective terms to my Big Five changes.
>>
Just Be...

One can only evolve when they are at peace.
>>
>>24424336
>sells people drugs that make them worse human beings while convincing them they've become better
>accuses people who point this out of bullying

You literally deserve to die.
>>
>>24424380
Leaving; back in 30-60 minutes. Sage.
>>
>>24424216
>you have no right to interpret the meaning of my posts.

>open a book
>see an author note, 'You have no right to interpret the meaning of this novel!'

Do people ever laugh at you in public, anon?
>>
File: 1438146380917.png (199 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
1438146380917.png
199 KB, 800x449
>>24424380
what would it take for you to leave this thread alone, obviously you are passionate about spreading you (uninformed and anecdotal) ideas, but this just isnt the right place...
would you like me to start a drug thread for you to regurgitate your trivial opinions into?

>>24424416
its been shown scientifically that mircodoses of mushrooms make visual acuity better than when the subject is sober, which means one can see reality with more absoluteness than when sober. if that not 'better i dont know what is.
also I've never sold drugs under and premise other than i can get it to your door without delay.
>>
>>24424562
>uninformed
>anecdotal
>trivial

You forgot 'illogical' and 'unscientific'.

>its been shown scientifically that mircodoses of mushrooms make visual acuity better than when the subject is sober, which means one can see reality with more absoluteness than when sober.

Cool sequitur.

Holy shit.
>>
>>24424416
>Virgin posting on r9k
>I'm such a better person than these fucking delusional druggies.

Kill yourself. You aren't helping society anymore than those drug addicts.
>>
>>24424380

what about fractals!!!?
>>
>>24424597
youre putting words in my mouth, youre just not hip to the evidence, thats all.
your stance no doubt feels logical to you, but that doesnt make it true and this just isnt the space to debate it.

ive said it before and i'll say it again... this is a /living off the land/ thread and youre an asshole if you want to move the threads topic in a direction to suit your own anti-alternative-mental-states agenda
>>
File: 1420253783558.jpg (34 KB, 293x281) Image search: [Google]
1420253783558.jpg
34 KB, 293x281
>>24424416
At least you can ruin a thread, t-t-that's an accomplishment, r-right?

Get the fuck out. OP at least has some cool experience. You're just a kek.
>>
File: download (44).png (606 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
download (44).png
606 KB, 600x390
>>24424762
fractals maan
>>
>>24424642
Making an ad hominem fully consciously does not make it an argument, contrary to the popular impression.
>>
File: 1439162463725.png (513 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1439162463725.png
513 KB, 800x450
>>24425313
just let the thread die, im sick of looking at shitty off-topic posts like this.
sage
>>
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, OP, what are some common edible plants in North America? I've been meaning to learn more in case of a bug-out situation.

also what kind of house do you live in?
>>
>>24425103

now that's fractal!
>>
>>24425388
I actually saged that post, you presumptuous idiot.

I don't spell every single sage.
>>
@OP - I'll try taking blue lotus with yogurt next time I get a chance to buy some, 50g seems like a lot, but it explains why I didn't notice anything when I smoked it.

Anyway, good luck in your travels :)

Sorry some people here had to ruin the topic, it's pretty common for r9k posters to try and spread as much bullshit as they can, probably makes them feel better I guess. They'll latch on to anything to try and make others feel bad.
>>
>>24425513
>it's pretty common for r9k posters to try and spread as much bullshit as they can

>posters

That's rude with respect to other robots. If you actually read the image, you'd learn that I am 'probably single-handedly responsible for the recent decline of /r9k/', implying that other posters are by and large okay. Don't you believe that image? You're supposed to.
>>
Do you grow them yourself OP?
>>
>>24425606
He's already answered this, yes, he does.
>>
>>24425642
Sorry, I didn't want to read through this shitfest of a thread. That's pretty cool.
>>
>>24425437
hmm, im not from north armeica but clover flowers are common in pastures there if my memory serves me... also dandelion and comfrey
i have two main dwellings, one is on the edge of my countries biggest city, the other os in the woods in the middle of nowhere...
the place im staying now (near the city) i need to pay rent for, but its near the ocean and a big forest/swampland where i can get dicks and fish ezpz.
the other place is off the grid, rigged with solar and has gravity fed water from a spring across the valley. I'd live there permanently but the garden isnt established properly yet and there is no internet.

>>24425606
yeah, its just a matter of sterilising a bunch of grain/bark/hay and letting the fungi do the rest
>>
>>24425671
Word, it's all good. OP's clearly a really cool guy, don't know why the thread had to turn out this way.
>>
>>24425579
huh? I don't get what you're saying..."recent decline of r9k"? It's been getting worse since the first time the robot was disabled, probably before that.

I get that some people here are genuinely good people, but the vocal minority do more than enough to offset any balance. At least in my experience on this board.
>>
File: 144585160852984.jpg (642 KB, 1006x755) Image search: [Google]
144585160852984.jpg
642 KB, 1006x755
>>24425685
lol
... where i can get *ducks* and...
>>
>>24425671
>>24425700
I would really love to sacrifice a country, a small European state perhaps such as the Netherlands or Lithuania or something, by administering 'psychedelics' to every single citizen of it (no, NOT at the same time, but over the course of, say, a year) and see it crash down, with 5% of the population seeking asylum in the neighbouring countries and 95% dying in squalor.

'I--I--when I said that literally everyone should try psychedelics one time, I didn't mean it literally!'
>>
>>24425802
Cool. You're aware that mushrooms are legal in the Netherlands, right? And that no such collapse of civilization has occurred, right? I don't know why I'm engaging you right now. Jesus.
>>
File: 1441080203008.jpg (8 KB, 187x270) Image search: [Google]
1441080203008.jpg
8 KB, 187x270
>>24425802
but what did he mean by this?
>>
>>24425802
In other words, the individual is informed by the majority. When the majority becomes passive, empathetic, and gullible, there is no one left to set standards and run things, ranging from university administration to modelling traffic patterns, and the country is overrun by its neighbours.

>>24425845
Did you not read my post, or are you literally (literally) retarded? Choose whichever will reflect better on you.
>>
>>24425877
'Kay.

Also.

Nice dubs, faggot.
>>
>>24425802
There's speculation that the US Gov't or CIA did that to a small village in France in the 1940s or 1950s.

Personally, I think that psychedelics can be a useful tool for those who seek them out as such (and yes, a tool for recreation fits into that category), but drugging somebody (especially on such a large scale) who isn't expecting it and might not want that in their life is beyond fucked up. To even suggest that just shows what kind of person you are.
>>
>>24425951
>There's speculation that the US Gov't or CIA did that to a small village in France in the 1940s or 1950s.

Interesting, will look up. Considering the increased empathy and decreased critical skills they cause in people, the claims of such experiments having 'failed' might be just cover-ups of spectacular successes.

>drugging somebody (especially on such a large scale) who isn't expecting it and might not want that in their life is beyond fucked up. To even suggest that just shows what kind of person you are

https://google.com/search?q="everyone|everybody should try|do psychedelic|psychedelics|LSD|shrooms|mushrooms"
>>
i think (and this may be an edgy opinion by some standards) that psychedelics should be reserved to the intellectuals of society.
>>
>>24426104
>psychedelics should be reserved to the intellectuals of society

This is definitely a sure way to eqalize them with the society's morons.
>>
>>24426047
>https://google.com/search?q="everyone|everybody should try|do psychedelic|psychedelics|LSD|shrooms|mushrooms"

Just because typical people are lacking in empathy and fail to realize that not everybody walks the same path in life doesn't mean that EVERY psychedelic user falls into the same "drugs are love, drugs are life" category.

The ones who suggest this are almost as bad as the 420blazeit crowd in that manner.

Yes, psychedelic drugs CAN be useful (see LSD or MDMA therapy), but they also have the potential to destroy your life.
>>
>>24426139
>LSD or MDMA therapy

For the nth time, throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

'Let's see, the patient stopped caring about his job, his education, his vocabulary, his musical taste, white lying, tax evasion, his alcoholism, his... WAIT WAIT he stopped caring about his addiction SUCCESS SUCCESS RELEASE PRESS STATEMENTS SECURE FUNDING SET UP MORE RESEARCH CONTACT POP WRITERS'.
>>
>>24426139
Also, I think 'no responsible psychedelics user' might just join 'no true psychedelics user' as the most cringeworthy fallacy.
>>
>>24426115
actually good quality bait mate, (You)
have two (You) (You)
>>
>>24426202
citation, please.
>>
>>24426251
>'There are no studies that relate psychedelic use to adverse outcomes such as literalness of communication, choice of hobbies, or criticizing people as opposed to pleasing them.'
>'Do you have any source to back this claim up?'

Are you serious? Yes, you're fucking serious.
>>
>>24426295
(Of course, that's not exactly true. There are some such studies -- but druggies will by necessity spout they're 'inconclusive' or 'don't mean anything yet' or that such effects 'can be overcome if only the user is responsible'.)
>>
>>24426295
silence would have been an acceptable substitute for that post
>>
>>24426235
>Also, I think 'no responsible psychedelics user' might just join 'no true psychedelics user' as the most cringeworthy fallacy.
Care to elaborate? There are plenty of "responsible psychedelic users" - it's up to the individual to decide how they're going to live their life; the addition of psychedelic drugs, or any drug for that matter, won't make a difference.
>>
>>24426324
Want to play the game as I laid it out?

Want me to provide the studies and say verbatim the things in >>24426322 in reply?
>>
File: 1444124409801.png (68 KB, 211x211) Image search: [Google]
1444124409801.png
68 KB, 211x211
>>24426347
sure thing pal
i dont think youve got em
>>
>>24426340
>it's up to the individual to decide

Aaaaaaaaaand yet again, free will saves the day. 'N-no you're wrong psychedelics physically change your brain by which your interests and motivation and choices in life are determined b-b-b-but YOU can always override their effect on the brain if YOU only want to! This means they're harmless! If your life takes a turn for the worse, it's not the drug's fault, it's yours!'

Old. Old, tired, and repugnant.

>>24426389
Seeing people (having to) eat their words has been no novelty to me for a very long time.
>>
File: (19).jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
(19).jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>24420203
I fish, hunt, and go foraging while on disability, OP. Cooking decent meals is cheap when you have the raw materials from te store, but even cheaper when you hunt, fish or forage.

>tfw have a year worth of fish canned
>tfw have lots of deer, bear, phesant, and turkey meat in the freezer and canned
>tfw can grow own vegetable garden in community garden
>tfw collect apples , pears, chestnuts, etc from trees in public places
>tfw deer hunting this week
>tfw will have to build mire shelves when i can more deer meat
>>
>>24426419
I'm failing to see your argument - using the internet too much can ruin a life, same with shopping, drinking too much, etc.

I'm not implying that psychedelics are intrinsically harmless, but the fact still stands that there are plenty of people who were successful in life that also used psychedelic drugs.
>>
File: download (1) (4).gif (2 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
download (1) (4).gif
2 MB, 512x512
OP here. please let this tread die...
this was never supposed to be a drug vs anti-drugfag thread

>>24426498
thats actually pretty cool man,
you should look for a butcher in your area that makes salami... venison salami is so frikin tasty
>>
>>24426581
hey OP, you might get better success with this type of thread on /out/ :)

Some day I hope to be self-sufficient as well, but it's far away currently. I know about different edible plants in my area and how to clean fish, but that's it currently. Winter scares me far too much to make an attempt at living off the grid.
>>
>>24426581
I'm sorry OP. This thread makes me want to kill myself.
>>24426657
Is right, /out/ might work better.
>>
>>24426251
>>24426324
>>24426389
You know what...

I overestimated the academia.

Even knowing the deluvial degree at which studies relating it to happiness, and love, and self-acceptance, and other-acceptance, and comfort, and results of MBTI-tier tests asking questions such as 'do you tend to approach problems in a novel way' pop up...

I overestimated.

I thought that out of dozens of ideas for studies which to me come naturally, such as relating it to choice of literature, or to amount of superlative terms used ('you're a genius', 'you're mentally ill'), or frequency of retractions ('actually, no, I should have phrased it differently'), or preference in musical genres, or inquiry for causes of something (double-blind study, the researcher mentions an odd situation which begs a question 'why'...), or, as I said in recent threads, vulnerability to the horoscope effect, or considering an accident a phone that was set to 'randomly' ring at the moment the caller is mentioned in the discussion, or longitudinal measures of literacy such as measuring readability of one's ad hoc written resumes... at least SOME would occur to researchers.

But it didn't.
>>
>>24426877
It's understandable, of course. I just thought too highly of them. I'm sorry.
>>
>>24426877
>>24426911
Of course, in lieu of those, personal observation of groups of druggies inherits the status of the most valid measurement instrument. I'm just disappointed.
>>
>>24420811
Couldn't he make a mirror array in his makeshift parking spot, that way if he wanted to relocate he wouldn't have to move a solar array and if he needed to relocate in a hurry (law-enforcement problems, mostly) he wouldn't be leaving behind something that expensive?
>>
>>24426911
>>24427009
I mean, there are studies about the relation of 'p.s' to 'openness to experience', to 'spiritual experiences', and so on. But as long as the taboo against criticizing 'psychedelics' remains, the consequences of those changes will remain unknown. The taboo dictates that the relationship remains loose-ended, so that every single reader is going to interpret the consequences favourably ('oh, openness to experience surely means increased appreciation of new technology, not increased belief in conspiracy theories or nigger drumming').
>>
>>24420746
that sounds boring as fuck, you already have no life, and you want to live in the wild with no life, lol fucking neets/hipsters
>>
>>24427268
Just a couple more ideas I just had:

>measuring the frequency of material ('bottle', 'the Moon', 'current', 'orbital', ligature') vs immaterial ('understanding', 'truth', 'important', 'aware', 'self') words
>measuring the frequency of doubt-reflecting phrases ('I wonder if...', 'why...') as opposed to certain assertions ('this means that...').
>>
File: Untitledd.png (45 KB, 800x539) Image search: [Google]
Untitledd.png
45 KB, 800x539
>>24427076
thats a good point, i wasnt thinking about packing up in a hurry,,, something like this would be ideal in that situation... pic related

>>24427306
cheer up charlie, he is just perusing his dream, you should do the same
>>
Why is the level of dialog in this thread so high?
Is the anti-buddha here?
>>
>>24427720
>vinges so array can collapse
dam, i meant hinges
>>
File: sleepingdogs.png (890 KB, 1292x716) Image search: [Google]
sleepingdogs.png
890 KB, 1292x716
>>24427741
yeah, he came and professed his anti enlightenment to us all, killing the thread in his way, praise anti budda and his anti peaceful and anti accepting teachngs
>>
>>24420746
Take me with you, anon. I'll sleep in the passenger seat.
>>
>>24422091
Left brained atheist debunker alert! The kind of troll with such high levels of Spergs that the shrooms wouldn't even hit him. I'm sorry for the billions of lives it'll take you to return to human feeling form. Enjoy the empty dark room Bazinga!
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.