[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else live in the constant fear that they will get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 683-cancer-cell.jpg (238 KB, 683x250) Image search: [Google]
683-cancer-cell.jpg
238 KB, 683x250
Does anyone else live in the constant fear that they will get cancer?

I do. It's a complete burden on my motivation and mood. Cancer is so random. The human body has 37.2 trillion cells. The chances of anyone of those cells turning cancerous is low, but with so many cells being vulnerable, it still scares the shit out of me. Enough to where I talk to my girlfriend of 5 years about the ramifications of such on a bi-weekly basis. It is really tampering my happiness, the thought of getting cancer.

I feel like I have a mental illness, some sort of depressive complex that looks at the glass half empty. A complex that looks at the worst that can happen. And this fear is not even personal. I don't give a shit if I die. I fear more for my girlfriend. I love her so very much. I love her with all that I am and all that I ever will be. I know she feels the same and I fear for my girlfriend's livelihood if I were to die. Especially of some bullshit, random cell manipulation.

Does anyone else live in this fear? I can't be the only one.
>>
Scientifically speaking odds are we all have cancer right now, granted your white blood cells will probably take care of it before it gets serious.
Also I sorta have this but it's less of a fear and more of a foregone conclusion for me. Given how my life has gone and is trending I'm pretty much just waiting to go to the doctor one day for him to find it. I think it stems mostly from a parinoia and a lack of a desire to keep living
>>
The chances really aren't that low. The immune system kills thousands of mutated cells on a daily basis.
>>
Cancer is a bitch family.

But you've got to realize the odds of you getting it, which is low, and most cancers develop in older individuals set on dying soon anyway.
>>
NORMIE LEAVE MY BOARD REEEEEEEE
>>
>>24418429
Unless you are an expert in cellular microbiology there is not much you can do besides avoid smoking and avoid obesity, in theory you should treat it the same way you treat anything else that is inevitable like death and no gf.

Emotions are fickle, it is not easy, though the root of your anxiety may not be the fear of cancer, it might be something else and fear of cancer is just the latest meme you associate with it.
>>
Speaking as a cancer survivor - it was completely unexpected and really scary.

Thankfully I'm back to normal now.

Surgeon saved my life, bro.
>>
My fear is that someday I'll get laid and catch some nasty std like herpes or warts.
>>
>>24418429
Actually you probably have a million cancer cells in you right now. It's just that pretty much all of them are benign. But I don't fear cancer, or really any form of death. I want to die tbqh. I want off this shitty ride. I want to be with my waifu.
>>
>>24418871
>But you've got to realize the odds of you getting it, which is low

It's definitely NOT low. 1 in every 2 people get cancer in their lifetime.

Most are over 60, yes, but it can happen anytime.

The fucked up thing is, more and more people are getting cancer as time goes on. It's a modern-day epidemic.
>>
File: cancer.gif (16 KB, 280x336) Image search: [Google]
cancer.gif
16 KB, 280x336
>>24418771
mutated cells =/= cancer cells. Statistically it takes 35 years for a cell to develop all required mutations for cancer, after the first mutation
>>
>>24419433
glad you're okay now, anon! :)
>>
>>24418429
find a cure for cancer. that's the only things that'll lay your mind off of this, ever.
>>
>>24419433
>inb4 you relapse
>>
>girlfriend

You're in a better spot than most, and you still worry. It's like some people will never be content. They'll always live in fear of something.
>>
>>24418429
I got this app that checks barcodes for ingredients stored in a database and I try to make sure to avoid as many carcinogens and other bad stuffs I can, but in the end we all breathe air.
I'm scared shitless. Carcinophobia is a thing.
>>
File: 2.jpg (7 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
7 KB, 237x212
>>24418429
I think cancer would be a relief and i could finally die.
>>
At least you're not in my boat OP. I've had a mole on my head for years. It's been brown and white for a long time. I finally got it checked out and it's an abnormal growth of cells. The doc doesn't know if it's cancer but I'm being sent to a plastic surgeon for more removal and testing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.