[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have you been to the psych ward? post here tell your storys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: behavioral-dining.jpg (12 KB, 256x170) Image search: [Google]
behavioral-dining.jpg
12 KB, 256x170
have you been to the psych ward?

post here

tell your storys
>>
4 times. terrifying place...
>>
>>24414083
why do you say that i had fun
>>
Never been but bumping for stories
>>
you just watch tv all day doing nothing

its like a normal day
>>
The only place I actually managed to communicate properly with people. We had a schizophrenic nigger who was completely harmless but had to be sedated because he refused meds and some weird dude who jerked off at night. Women there were fucking cunts and I wanted to slit their throats.
>>
3 times
it's kind of painful to recall but if anyone is still in the thread and wants to hear I'll type it out
>>
>>24415196
Go ahead

OrugunL commend :D
>>
>>24415196
Please do, I'm listening anon.
>>
File: 2545734535.png (211 KB, 485x274) Image search: [Google]
2545734535.png
211 KB, 485x274
>>24415274
>>24415301
1st time was when I was in the UK. I was in the middle of a psychotic breakdown and the shrink I was seeing at the time found the first bed available at a nearby clinic. It was mostly frequented by drug addicts, but the ward they put me in was filled with schizophrenics and psychotics who were mostly catatonic. Lots of screaming night and day. Don't remember the first three days I was there because I was so out of my mind, I apparently threw a lot of stuff at the staff and was secluded in a room by myself for most of the time. After a couple of weeks I got extremely sick of being there and tried cooperating, got me the privilege of eating with other people and going outside to smoke- but the reason I was there was because I was extremely stressed around other people due to violent, intrusive thoughts, so these "privileges" actually made me feel worse.

Since I was in the military when this all happened I was under the care of my commanding officer who got me flown to a hospital in Germany.

1/2
>>
>>24413891
Meh, I've only been once, but got a couple interesting ones.
>Pretty small ward, only a dozen other people in it.
>Most of them are hard to talk to or even share a room with, but some are pretty interesting.
>Second day there, this really sweet old lady, like gotta pushing 80-85, gets admitted. We'll call her Edwina.
>She's very polite, but doesn't really talk much for awhile, until suddenly she starts complaining to one of the male nurses about her children.
>"You know, I just heard my daughter called the police on me this afternoon. She said I showed up at her house waving a gun around. How can I be there if I'm in here? They kicked down my door!"
>"Well, why would she say something like that, Mrs. Edwina?"
>"Cuz she's nasty! All my kids are."
>"Oh. Why did you get brought here to begin with?"
"Well, I showed up at my son's house with a gun. But I weren't waving it around or nothing. It was in my back pocket."
>He's visibly trying to hold back laughter at this point, "Well, why did you do that?"
>"Cuz I was gonna set that boy straight."

At that point me and the couple people I was sitting with just lost it. Like, it was easy to tell why some people were in there, and then there were people like Edwina, who seemed like perfectly nice normal people that apparently just snapped and did crazy shit or tried to kill themselves.
>>
>>24413891
Was in the psych hospital 4 times
Sucks lol
>>
File: 1421679763155.png (393 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1421679763155.png
393 KB, 800x600
>>24415393
The hospital was a military one, very bright and sterile. The intake was a nightmare, they denied me the medication that I had been put on for weeks, and locked me in a room with two other women. Again, I was in the system because of antisocial behavior, so this was the worst possible thing they could have done. I harassed and bullied the two of them until they were crying and begging to be let out of the windowless cell with no sheets or mattresses and everything was bolted down and white. Jesus it was terrible. They were stuck in there with me most of the night until they finally checked in on us and put them in separate rooms. After that they were checking on me every few minutes like the last place I had been in. The bathrooms had no doors, and the showers were just shower heads on a wall next to each other with no privacy whatsoever. I was used to being watched at this point but it still struck me as extremely dehumanizing. The next day they tried to get me to do group therapy which was a complete disaster. The other patients there were all kids who were self-harming or failed a suicide "attempt," I couldn't relate to them at all. The withdrawal symptoms I was having made it hellish. To make things worse, when I was discharged the next day they locked us up in a hot bus for two or three hours, music blaring, while two of the staff argued and antagonized the patients waiting to be taken to the plane. I thought I was going to throw up from the heat, noise and headache I had but I managed to keep my shit together until we got to the plane. It was a massive military jet and they put me right next to the engines, and of course the noise made my headache remarkably worse. Longest flight of my entire life.

2/3, I underestimated how much I'd type.
>>
File: 1438645347355.png (95 KB, 465x310) Image search: [Google]
1438645347355.png
95 KB, 465x310
>>24415609
The last one was another military hospital, this time back in the states. We arrived in the middle of the night, and they kept me up to fill out paperwork and answer more questions. I had been asked to tell my life's story at least a dozen times up to this point to various doctors at the first hospital (the second one clearly didn't care to do any work whatsoever and existed as a holding cell). I was given my own room but placed immediately under 24 hour surveillance. I begged for some medication to help me sleep- I forgot to mention that I had been manic for quite some time even before being hospitalized, and the sleep deprivation was severe.

The time I spent there was pretty useless. There was never any therapy or actual work being done, only endless questions, tests and bullshit arts and crafts. I did a lot of painting and played a lot of cards. Eventually I interacted with the other patients, when I realized that if I didn't fake getting better I'd never get out of there. There was a patient in the ward who had been there for six months. He was extremely snarky and rude, we fought multiple times until he blurted out that he watched his wife and daughter die in a house fire and couldn't be assed to care about anyone else since. Not wanting to end up in the same position, I dutifully did all of the work that was asked of me, stopped masturbating in front of the staff forced to keep an eye on me, told the team of doctors interviewing me that my outlook was improving and I was ready to go back to the workforce, etc. etc. They let me go two weeks after I started that sort of behavior, but not before wrecking my life.

I could go on and on about the exact conditions of the place, the incompetent staff, the horror stories, the meds, the massive amount of doctors and students they had grilling me, but I've gone on long enough.
>>
Once when I was 13.

Good God, that was the biggest and most boring waste of 2 weeks of my life.

"Therapy" is sitting you in a room with a small TV and toys for children.

There was nobody actually mentally ill there, just some kids without parents who didn't have foster homes to go to.
>>
>>24415813
The boredom's the worst of it for me. Also, for every person who's actually pleasant to be around in there, there's at least two that are completely insufferable, and it makes everything worse. Like, they would show movies decently often on the one TV in there and people would all gather to watch whatever shit was on that day (It was always shitty B movies). Then the same two cunts would commentate the whole thing or repeat every phrase uttered or laugh far too loudly at non-jokes so that you couldn't even catch what was being said. What's worse, is that if you aren't very comfortable socially there is absolutely no privacy, and if you get the opportunity to be alone, isolating yourself much at all gets counted against you and can keep you from getting out as quickly.

But I mean, what can you expect? Most of the people there are there for a good reason. In fact, some of the most irritating people became super nice and normal after awhile, because the problem was that their meds weren't working right and they were having manic episodes.
>>
>>24415393
>>24415609
>>24415779

>the true story of anon the special snowflake who just can't understand why doctors don't understand that he's much smarter than they are
>>
>>24415010
All this happened at mine too kek
>>
everyone was nice
>>
jews did it asll
>>
>be me
>be edgy paranoid teenager that sleeps with knife
>enter psych ward
>psych ward is floor full of hyper-sexed, borderline retarded edgy teenagers
>one girl looked like honey boo boo, but after a blow to the head
>she kept trying to convince me that her plan to steal her boyfriend's semen was the right move and that he'd appreciate the suprise.
>another girl just screamed
>she was cool tho
>always wore dressing gown with her ass hanging out
>bavarian scene kid keeps trying to touch my penis
>still have him on facebook for some reason
>one guy got brain damage from cop beating
>brain damage karaoke is really funny
>i mean, it shouldn't be, but the sight and sound of 255lb man singing falsetto rihanna covers is really funny
>mom keeps visiting, inadvertently cock-blocking
>still love her
>leave after a week, still edgy, paranoid and sleep with my knife
>>
I want to admit myself sometimes. Just give up on work and school and sit in a hospital with crazy people. Draw and paint and read for a few weeks. Then just come back.
>>
>>24416638
just do its fun
>>
>>24416638
just go to the ER and say you're seriously considering suicide
>>
>>24418024
also say your off your meds
>>
>>24416638
Me too, I think of this daily.
>>
>>24416638
No one will ever hire you again.
>>
>>24418374
no one ever sees those records
>>
What a great thread
You are all my senpai
>>
>>24418024
>>24418220
>>24416638
Any other tips on how to get admitted? I feel the same.. life just sucks right now t b h
>>
>>24416638
They are going to laugh in your face. I can't even get treated for depression. Being admitted to a psych ward would be like being invited to a royal ball.
>>
File: 2579150587_246e1e398c.jpg (52 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
2579150587_246e1e398c.jpg
52 KB, 375x500
I got sent to a same sex one by my mother when I was 16 because of my depressive, nihilistic, misanthropic outlook on life.
Didn't keep any friends, didn't like to go outside unless I was by myself, spent a lot of time in my room writing, drawing, playing vidya, got bullied a lot, A LOT in every school I went to because people thought I was weird or "creepy" etc.
I slept with a knife under my pillow because I have 4 other sisters who would continuously harangue me and would often physically harm me (I'm a grill btw it was a house full of only women) .
Two of the eldest would often have these violent, thug boyfriends they would bring back , one of them who got drunk one night and confessed he "fancied me" when I was 14 and he was 24, but he was actually harmless, he was just lonely and my ass sister was using him so I would stay up with him at night sometimes and watch Father Ted DVD's with him.
Another boyfriend of another sister actually tried to kill us all one night, hence the knife.

When I got to the ward I was assigned a room overnight, went to see a doctor the next day who after talking to me was like "why the fuck are you even here you're fine just antisocial".

Got sent home 2 days later and today I'm 24 only I live alone now where I don't have to be bothered by people and am exactly the same the end.
>>
I went once to collect a relative.
>>
>>24419927
wew lad, that's rough
>>
I've been several times as an attorney at involuntary commitment hearings. Since you can't be committed for longer than 72 hours without a judicial order, the courts appoint local private attorneys to represent the new intakes at their hearings.

Most of my clients wanted to leave, but it was almost impossible to get them out because of what they had said or done to get in there in the first place. Lots of drug abuse, self-harm, or psychiatric disorders. Several were completely unresponsive when I went to speak with them in their rooms.

The worst one was a young guy who had blown off half his face with a shotgun in a failed suicide attempt a year or two before his latest admission to Psych. I sat down looking at the giant dent in his head where his nose and right eye used to be while he calmly explained how he wasn't a danger to himself. He stayed.
>>
Mother works in one
Heard some fucked stories about tinfoils, rape survivors, addicts, guys who tried to stab their spouses with a spoon, subhumans of all kind
Good times to be completely honest with you those of relation to me
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.