[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>live in small town >just want to live life in a city
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: Farm-pic.jpg (577 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
Farm-pic.jpg
577 KB, 849x565
>live in small town
>just want to live life in a city
>>
iktf anon

hopefully i can escape this hellhole soon

this isn't a place for a young man
>>
>>24412476
go kill a deer
>>
>>24412504
fuckin this. It's like if you want to go to school or work a decent job that's not gonna kill you in 20 years you first have to save up enough money to get the fuck out. Either that or give up and just join the military
>>
File: 346732734723723.jpg (92 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
346732734723723.jpg
92 KB, 900x599
>be me
>date girl who lives in grand rapids, michigan
>drive two hours each week to see her
>fall in love with the city as much as i do with her
>we break up
>i want to go back and live there
>tfw ive literally been on the street in this pic and it makes me feel shit
>>
I live an hour from pittsburgh and I'm always going to shows there. Seems pretty shitty but at the same time a lot is going on. It would be fun just to learn how to navigate the city and discover all the cool spots.
>>
File: 1293690786221.jpg (358 KB, 2400x1595) Image search: [Google]
1293690786221.jpg
358 KB, 2400x1595
>>24412476
>wanting to live in dense urban shit hole
normies GTFO.
>>
As someone that grew up in a hellhole and now live in a big city, I can tell you it's WAYYYYYYY better here, I wish I grew up here.
>No attack dogs everywhere so you can walk wherever.
>Speaking of walking, all the walking I did caused me to lose a shit ton of weight. Didn't even change my diet, I just get more exercise.
>It's expensive but it's also comfier and you always have something to look at.
>Crime is blown way out of proportion, stay out of poor area and you'd be fine.
>The noise is normal, if you grew up surrounded by frogs and bugs it's actually just a different version of that.
>My neighbor doesn't close her blinds.
Yeah, I love this place DESU, fuck farms, small towns, and inbred douche bags.
>>
>>24412476
You're going to hate it about a month after you get into that polluted minority-infested dump. A year tops.

Listen to:
>>24412717

This guy is a nigger or a gigafag:
>>24412733
>>
>>24412476
>live in the suburbs

>all of the shit aspects of living in a small town like there only a handful of places to go out or to go shopping, and you inevitably bump into someone you kn ow and don't want to talk to

>all of the shit aspects of city life like teenagers writing shit grafitti everywhere, drunks screaming down your street at 3am after bars close, traffic, not having any privacy anywhere outdoors

I just want to leave this purgatory for either one really
>>
>live in the middle of nowhere
>no friends
>shitty family in a shitty house thats too loud
>nearest city is tiny and there are no jobs

thank u dice of life
>>
>>24412890
Try living in suburbia in Oklahoma then we'll talk.
>>
>>24412954
Are you me? I seriously thought I typed that.I'm thinking about running away and seeing if I can get by in the streets of the big city and make myself awesome.
>>
>>24412607
I'm from grand rapids
I recently moved to ruston LA for uni
I miss it bruh.
I just saw that same view from 196
>>
>>24413001

ive thought of that too but unless i have a breakdown thats not going to happen unfortunately. too much of a coward to do anything about it so ill stay here and rot. its a really pathetic situation
>>
>>24413001
>TFW you thought you could ace SATs and escape to out of state college and start new life
>but too stupid and a failure

>TFW you try to join the military and become an honorable new man
>medically disqualified and banned from service

Help
>>
>>24413071

how did you get banned? did you not listen to your recruiter and lie at meps
>>
>>24413048
i'm back in town for thanksgiving
hoping my teacher oneitis responds and i get to go out for coffee with her
she said yes but i didn't reply for a month, now she hasn't replied
i want to smoke cigarettes with her, cuddle, and listen to shoegaze under a duvet in my cold house
>>
>>24413071
>>TFW you thought you could ace SATs and escape to out of state college and start new life

I know this all too well, the only universities I got into were in even shittier towns than the one i live in now...
>>
File: 1436445160815.jpg (430 KB, 600x802) Image search: [Google]
1436445160815.jpg
430 KB, 600x802
>>24413083
>tfw i'm not nodding listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzdD4z_tlVw with her
>>
>>24413077
Yes. They were not going to make any sort of exemption for me. It's considered a 'serious chronic ailment', not the sort of thing you can lose a few pounds or just stop taking crazy meds.

I'm poor too so this is where I was born, this is where I will die. Just like my dad, and his dad. Only difference is I'll never find an obese wife of my own to marry.
>>
>>24412476
Fuck you nigger

>le not original comment may-may
>>
>>24413048
i envy you

i just want to go to hopcats man
>>
>>24413071
Eh I think I'd rather live on the streets than go to army. Sleeping on rooftops and working would feel the same as boot camp.

>>24413084
I can go to college tuition free at certain schools and they're all in big cities. My problem is I have to pay housing and I think I'm disabled.
>>
> live in a city
> just want to live life in a small town

Wanna trade?
>>
>>24413243

if you want to see green things go visit a park or take a trip somewhere

if you want to do anything ever be thankful you live in a city
>>
>>24413274

I'm not on /r9k/ because I live an active lifestyle, anon.
>>
>>24413317

you can be a piece of shit neet in a city too. whats the difference
>>
>>24413331
If he is a binge eater like me he'll have more food options to stuff his face with than just Cheerios and burgers. They don't even have a Taco Bell in these parts

If he's a drug addict he'll have more than meth and weed available

If he wants to fuck the pain away he'll have his choice of whores instead of just fat ancient tired looking lot lizards.
>tfw the nearest Backpage 'city' is over an hour away
>>
>>24412476

>live in a city
>want to live in a small town

soon I will though. soon.
>>
>no rural buddy to drink with and listen to country music
>>
File: BugPanic_Puzzle.jpg (163 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
BugPanic_Puzzle.jpg
163 KB, 800x533
>you will never live in a glorious anime land
>>
>>24413447
>actually wanting this
It's even worse than it sounds.
>>
>>24412476

It's fucking great here. Don't let any other shits tell you otherwise, and get out of that rural shithole however you can.
>>
>>24413484
It sounds awesome though.
>>
File: 1441416569497.jpg (63 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1441416569497.jpg
63 KB, 500x358
>tfw satellite internet is all i can get
>tfw 1000+ ping and 15gb cap so no games
>>
>>24413510
Only downside I can see is shit beer selection. Nothing my brewing skills and whiskey can't fix.
>>
>>24412476
>live in a city
>just want to live life in a small town like the one I grew up in
Why the fuck would you *want* to live in a city? Only Chads and Stacies like cities.
>>
>>24413484
>>24413510
It is awesome. H8ers gonna h8. Small town life is best town life.
>>
>>24414062
see
>>24413379
options, small towns were made for alpha chads
>>
>>24413470

Good. 3DPD is the worst meme on this webshite.
>>
>>24413550
>15gb cap
>he still browses le chan
top lol m8
>>
>>24414062
>tfw have social anxiety
>tfw live in city
>tfw any time i have to go outside i'm surrounded by strangers
>>
>>24414125
I reach cap before the month is over every time. Throttles to 7-14kb/s.
>>
>>24414118
None of those things appeal to me. Whores are whores, who gives a fuck, no whore can give me the satisfaction that wanking to my physically-impossible fantasies can. "Binge eating" is for faggots, I don't need anything I can't prepare over my shitty bachelor stove or buy at a fastfood joint. Drugs are for faggots, alcohol's all I want.

But living in a city is being surrounded by people with far, far more interpersonal skills than I as well as gangs and violent criminals of course and it's constantly rubbing my own ineptitude in my face. Plus, in a city, economic class lines are very enforced, whereas in a small town people who make six or even seven figures will absolutely hang out with minimum-wage chumps. There's no real 'scene' to impress in a small town, a city is like a highschool scene for adults where also you're way more likely to be killed. See /pol/ memes about niggers and liberals.

On that note, everyone in cities is liberal as fuck. The 'conservatives' in a city will say things as radical as "I support Obama fully, but I still feel like there are issues where he could have handled it slightly differently."
>>
File: 1446865828005.gif (2 MB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1446865828005.gif
2 MB, 696x478
>>24414190
>>tfw have social anxiety
>>tfw live in city
Just kek your shit up, senpai.
>>
>>24414190
Fucking this.
>go outside
>strangers and fear of danger everywhere
>stay inside
>room feels like a prison cell

Small town doesnt sound so bad to me
>>
>>24414190

having social anxiety in the city is a lot better. too many faces come and go for anyone to remember or care

in a small town people will remember you

>>24414324

enjoy having your prison in a place where theres nothing to do ever
>>
>>24412476
I'm the opposite. I'd give anything to move out to countryside. I seems like such a peaceful and fulfilling life.
Like, just imagine that you have so much property that you can just go out in a 4 wheeler and explore it looking for cool shit when you're bored. And your neighbors are all nice and genuinely care about you. And everything is cheap as fuck.
>>
>>24414390
>prison
Maybe to you, Chad.
>>
>>24414390
>implying you'll ever do anything in LA or NYC despite knowing there is all the most interesting shit going on
>implying you won't feel worse knowing there is neat stuff nearby and being too afraid to attend than not being able to do anything
>>
>>24414586

at least theres gyms there, fuck
>>
When you're from a small town, who you are is decided for you from birth, or even before you were born, based on family reputation. The only way to escape and forge your own identity is to leave.

I've done it, it isn't easy at all, but for some of us it's literally the difference between life and death.
>>
>>24414727
>who you are is decided for you from birth, or even before you were born, based on family reputation.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Honestly sounds like more of a city thing than a smalltown thing to me, and that's coming from someone who's lived in both.
>>
>>24414597
>go to gym for first time
>all the people working out there
>they're all in shape and attractive
>dont know what the fuck im doing
>try to do some bench press
>jacked nigger stops me and says I'm doing it wrong
>tries to show me correctly
>j-just gonna get s-some water real quick
>leave and never go back
>didn't even grab my street clothes from the locker room
>still paying for yearly contract
>>
>>24414760

just go at 3 in the morning
>>
File: Victorville,_CA.jpg (115 KB, 960x393) Image search: [Google]
Victorville,_CA.jpg
115 KB, 960x393
>where i live

i miss seattle. :(
>>
>>24412476
I'm the opposite. I just want to spend the rest of my life as a janitor in some school in the sticks.
>>
>>24415001
Greentext your odyssey for us? Please, I wanna know how you miss that degenerate shithole but hate smalltown Cali.
>>
>>24412890
I live in a small town that is mostly 100% suburbs with 9 churches and one store, literally one business to buy from and they overcharge/bait & switch a shit ton of expired products. Also you will get people at your house threatening your family if you're admit to not being racist.
>>
Having lived in both for considerable time in my life, fuck the city.
>>
File: 1361595734343.jpg (77 KB, 506x386) Image search: [Google]
1361595734343.jpg
77 KB, 506x386
>move to city for new beginning
>discover how easy it is to get prostitutes in the city
>spend $4,000 on prostitutes in a month
>run out of money and have to go home
>>
I moved from a small Nevada town to NYC. In my hometown I was considered smart and attractive. In NYC I was like the ugliest and dumbest person there.
>>
>>24415399
my fucking sides kek
>>
Cities are lame. To many people, to many cars, to many lights and no privacy. Can you take a piss of your deck in this city? No, fuck cities.
>>
>>24414390
>in a small town people will remember you

This. Oh man, this. Roger Ebert said, in a review of a great movie:

>You don't guess the true horror of the place, which is that there are no secrets, because everyone here knows all about everyone else, inside and out, top to bottom, and has for years.

>>24414727
This too. Even Jesus didn't perform miracles in his hometown. There, he was just a carpenter's son.
>>
>>24415657

all people from small towns do is gossip as well

to make matters worse i feel like i never have privacy in my shitty house with paper thin walls

i hope i win the lottery soon because i deserve it
>>
>>24415699
Yeah, I know. I'm from nowhere, and I've heard my family talking about people all of my life. The people they talk about, they probably haven't seen for decades maybe. The gossip almost always involves somebody being on drugs or getting arrested or accidentally getting pregnant. That's another thing, in small towns/rural areas, everybody has kids before they're 20 and they usually try to get married too. It's like they know that once they graduate high school, the rest of their life is nothing so they try to start a family to give their lives purpose. Then they divorce and struggle in poverty and the kid grows up to be another drug addict and teen mother too.
>>
>>24415174
>threatening your family if you're admit to not being racist
In a city you'll actually get shot if you're not racist enough. It isn't a meme. I have no idea how cities are liberal. Maybe they think if they pretend they're not racist at voting booths, it'll make up for them telling their daughters not to date black men.

>>24415435
I moved from a small Commiefornia town to Reno. In my hometown I was run-of-the-mill, in Reno I'm bottom-of-the-barrel and I only hang out with true NEET-level chums and party bros who don't give a fuck about me. No women, on that note, either obviously.

>>24415699
>all people from small towns do is gossip
don't fuck your best friend's girl, then. I mean really.
Is your gossip experience worse than that? Fucking your best friend's girl is pretty much the only thing anyone gossiped about in my small hometown.
>>
>>24412476
Been in Singapore and bumfuck Ohio, can safely say that Singapore had more opportunity's to be fun but I never cared tondo anything until I was already back in ohio. Now I'm trapped in ohio
>>
>>24416045
>I never cared [to do] anything until I was already back in ohio
Actually that sums it up pretty well, for my experiences at least.
>>
>live in small town
>especially happy about it

What's wrong with small towns u fuck? It's the best of both worlds.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.