[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I just inherited 10,000$ USD from my uncle. Is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1444314153711.jpg (18 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
1444314153711.jpg
18 KB, 420x315
Hey guys I just inherited 10,000$ USD from my uncle.

Is this enough to live on for the rest of my life?
>>
>>24410060
Only if you kill yourself in the next 6 months.
>>
>>24410060

lol no. Male US life expectancy is 76. Let's say you live roughly 50 years more before dying. US minimum wage is $7.25/hour, which is around $15,000/year. So what you have is less than one year's worth of minimum wage, and most people on minimum wage have a difficult time supporting themselves. To have the equivalent of a minimum wage income for the next 50 years of your life, you would need well over $750,000 total.
>>
>>24410060
kek no

if you do nothing to get returns from it you're looking at (assuming you have 50 years left, which might be on the low end) you're looking at living on $17 a month

if you get returns from it you might be able to bump that up to like $20 a month
>>
>>24410138
>>24410178
you guys are fucking dumb

10,000 is easily enough to last a lifetime with frugal living and smart financial plans
>>
Postin in ebin b8 thread
>>
>>24410210

>10,000 is easily enough to last a lifetime with frugal living and smart financial plans

Where will you live? The cheapest rent in the entire US is probably around $500/month. Are you going to buy a house somehow or sleep in public restrooms?
>>
>>24410060
You should buy $10,000 worth of bitcoin. You'll be fucking rich when it goes mainstream.
>>
>>24410210
Dumb... Even if you only spent $100 a month you would burn through 10 grand In less than 10 years.
>>
>>24410301
>>24410282

falling this hard for that shitty bait
>>
>>24410282
nigga I pay 260 per month. all utils included.
>>
maybe in niger, lol
>>
>>24410311

To be fair it is actually possible to live off of nearly no money at all. There are websites documenting the experiences of people who've tried different approaches to doing that, which is why I asked for details about where he'd live if he were going to try living off of that little. It usually helps if you already have a paid off permanent residence / piece of land to live on.
>>
No You would need a lot more, but you might be able to use that money on a invest.
>>
>>24410351
>what is property tax
>what are utilities
>>
>>24410413

You can live way off the grid and not pay any taxes. And you could also use wood for fire instead of having modern utilities.
>>
Take 1k of that to spend on things. Don't make a big purchase and keep the rest tucked away for a rainy day/college tuition
>>
>>24410339

Are firearms needed for your protection in the ghetto counted in "utils"?
>>
>>24410351
I suppose another alternative might be to try something like this

>buy tiny plot of land
>build log cabin/mud hut/something on it and live there
>hop on welfare

at least here I know welfare policy is that your primary residence isn't counted as an asset, so the land you live on is something you can keep while applying for gov't aid

if you're willing to live in the sticks in a primitive cabin $500 or whatever they give you will go a hell of a lot further with no rent/utilities/etc to pay.

I don't know if this would actually work or if they'd kick you off but other than that it'd work in theory
>>
>>24410816

I've read people who try living off of near nothing often make a little side money by canning the fruit and vegetables they grow and selling it at farmer's markets.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.