[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
trying to not get promoted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 472x461
Here's the deal. I work two part-time jobs. One job has my health benefits and pays me 13.00 bucks an hour to scan packages and put stickers on them. I work like 15 hours a week at that job. My other job is a neet dream job. I get payed 20 bucks an hour to hand out radios for half hour while the rest of the 7 half hours is me playing videogames and shitposting on 4chan. I bring in about 30k a year after taxes and live on my own. I have the opportunity to move up into management and make more money but I actually enjoy what I'm doing and have no motivation to move up the corporate ladder. So if you were in my position what would you do?
>>
>>24409323
move up the ladder, stop being a lazy sack of shit
>>
Tell them you're happy where you are if they offer to promote you, otherwise keep doing your job
>>
>>24409502
Yeah I was planning to do that but here's some more info, my dad works here. So im most likely gonna look like a piece of shit when I reject the offer.
>>
File: 1446302006128.png (152 KB, 359x414) Image search: [Google]
1446302006128.png
152 KB, 359x414
>>24409323
Take the increased pay you idiot.
Contrary to whatever anyone else will tell you management is easy as piss since every company now has 50 sub-managers that do your job for you or all you have to do is monitor your underlings every now and again and fill out some paperwork.
Management has never been easier and you'll be making more than $20 an hour.
Or so I assume.
Look, just take the management position, things might be comfortable now but the whole "being responsible" thing means you have to plan ahead and have an actual future besides hoping these people keep your hours up.
>>
>>24409323
How do you get jobs
>>
>>24409614
Communicate with your father ahead of time, or your manager. Let them know your preference BEFORE they make the offer. That way you save them the trouble and they can look into other options.
>>
>>24409323
What is the second job and why are you able to receive such high pay if that's all you are doing? Personally I want to get out of my dump of a life and enter into unionized work for federal government.
>>
>>24409620
Actually reasonable advice. I never done management so I'm pretty scare of being boss around and being belittle by managers since my past history with managers is pretty crappy. But I'm sure if I don't act full autistic and just keep my head out of drama. I'll survive.

Thanks kind stranger
>>
>>24409723
I dunno mang. I worked tons of shitty jobs that required way more work than the work I do now. That's why I kinda just riding this thing out.
>>
>>24409614
You could probably end up with a comfortable job sitting behind a computer where you can shitpost for half of your work hours. Take the promotion.
>>
>>24409752
I'm a shift manager and I just want to let you know it is indeed, damn easy.
Being a shift manager isn't like being a "real" manager since you're just a glorified employee that has paperwork to fill out and more authority to do your job how you see fit. At my work place, all I have to do is take care of some legal checklists, make sure my coworkers do their work with me- since I do the same things as they do on top of manager duties- and report to the General Manager.
The higher-up you get into management, the more of the same it'll be, just with better pay and benefits.
If they're offering it to you, then they feel you're capable and are going to be forgiving of any autsim, and you work 2 jobs so I don't think sperging out will be that big of an issue.
>>
>>24409886
Yeah good point. Iv been working two jobs for 3 years now without any disputes. I really try hard to stay out of the way of everyone since I have social anxiety. But sometimes I could hold a good conversation with a random person.
>>24409723

To properly answer this question.I work down in at the harbor where we unload cargo ships. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>24410082
Shit you've got one of the cushiest jobs on the planet.
>>
>>24409323
How do you get jobs like--
>>24409614
Oh...
>>
>>24409463
good goy. Work will set you free.
>>
File: JOOS.png (184 KB, 282x383) Image search: [Google]
JOOS.png
184 KB, 282x383
>>24410272
he's already working TWO jobs like the goodest of goys. He might as well level up.
>>
>>24410158
I know that's why I'm scare of change. Once I get promoted I know I'm gonna have family member (shitty side of the family) asking me for money or to live with me. Since they will know I'm making good money. And I hate the ideal of me working a full 12 hour shift and going home to one of my mooching relatives just mopping around and being a sponge. I know you guys are just gonna say " don't give them or let them live with you" but it's harder to say no the this particular person.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.