[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAIKU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: haiku-595x400.jpg (73 KB, 595x400) Image search: [Google]
haiku-595x400.jpg
73 KB, 595x400
Can we have a Haiku thread?

I wrote one about cannabis:

Brown and green I smoke
The embodiment of peace
Feeling the love, man
>>
Deep, deep, deeper in
My life is constant sorrow
I miss you, mother
>>
>>24409244
can we all agree that this is the worst haiku of all time
>>
>>24409343
At first there is five
Then seven syllables be
Last line also five
>>
This is not a haiku, more like a nursery rhyme I thought up at work.

Toasty roasty, vile and boasty
Doesn't have an ounce of shame
Mischief is her middle name
>>
>>24409244
I used to write haikus all the time back when I was a stonerbro. What a lot of people dont understand is that haikus are usually used to described scenes of nature, the chance in season, etc. They can be good to describe r9k though.

He writes his reply,
Sweat pouring down his asscrack:
"Normies get out, REEE!"
>>
All women are whores
They want to ride Chad's penis
While they laugh at you
>>
Op is a fag
He is such a fucking fag
He is still a fag
>>
>>24409859
As normies wake up
I creep around piss bottles
golden, like the sun
>>
Ree normies get out
I cant eat tendies like this
Mommy take me home
>>
>>24409244
Congratulations
pseudointellectual
Individual
>>
Try to write haiku
Fuck up really bad somehow
It's snowing on Mt. Fuji
>>
I have no gf
Heather pls be my gf
Someone please kill me
>>
>>24410088
absolute fucking cancer
>>
At the coffee shop
Listening to live music
on 4chan, alone
>>
File: 1439065395102.jpg (24 KB, 237x225) Image search: [Google]
1439065395102.jpg
24 KB, 237x225
>>24410126
You understood it, though.
>>
Scrolling down page 1
I've seen all these threads before
Page up then F5
>>
She looked up at me
"Why are you anti-social?"
and stared at her phone
>>
>>24409244
I wished you fags would actually do some reading for once and realize that there is more to a haiku than keeping it at 5-7-5 syllables.
>>
>>24410423
>>24409859
*tips kimono*
>>
>>24410470
>it's bad to know stuff
>>
>>24410250
This one is good.
>>
>>24410518
>it's great to get upset over idiots frogposting on r9k
>>
He sits in his room,
Thinking about jerking off,
He pulls out his cock.
>>
>>24409859
>>24410423
aren't there more than one kind of haiku when it comes to amount of syllables per line?

for example the classic meme one
>autumn ends
>frogs settle down
>into the earth

or maybe that's 5-7-5 in original japanese?
>>
>>24410785
well 5-7-5 remains the traditional form, and when they translate into English they take that into consideration but yeah there are "free forms" where it's x-x-x syllables.
>>
>>24409244
I hate haikus.

They epitomize that eastern 2minimalist4u pretension. Haikus, Zen gardens, Japanese calligraphy, it's all the same shit: pretending there's beauty in simplicity. Nonsense. Your attention span and intelligence (yes, I said it) is just too low to take in and appreciate real, western art, and you think removing all composition (in visual terms, or textual, such as rhymes, consonance, meaningful metaphor/allegory/allusion) is 'a skill too'. If the Japs hadn't westernized, I'd wish they were nuked more thoroughly.
>>
>>24411140
stop aesthetizing what I don't like!
>>
>>24411187
>this shitpost is art
>>
>>24411281
it might be, if you say it is. It's just very shitty art.

Fuck you and fuck people who misunderstand that simple concept.
>>
>>24411411
By elevating crappy artists, you're punishing real ones.
>>
>>24411550
>>24411411
That is, you can't bestow a valuable term such as 'art' onto untalented people without devaluing that term for people who deserve it.
>>
>>24411550
>>24411578
you're assuming that I am elevating crappy artists by lowering standards, but no one ever said anything about that, you just simultaneously assumed that a lower amount of elements in a given piece of art equated with a lower amount of talent input into said art, which is indisputably wrong

You're also assuming that simply calling something art, when it is crappy and when controversy exists over whether it is or isn't art, defiles the beauty of something unanimously considered art, which is also untrue. Just because a 4chan post might be called art doesn't mean it is automatically on level playing field as Hieronymus Bosch or something. It would have to be a damn good 4chan post.
>>
>>24411140
>26 letters in Latin alphabet
>at least 2 136 kanji
>muh European mind is much more developed!
>>
Morbid is nature
With the cut of her sharp knife
She loves her children
>>
My life is a mess
I can't be arsed fixing it
Oh well, not long left
>>
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL-UH
FEAR IS HOW I FALL
>>
>>24411707
>a lower amount of elements in a given piece of art equated with a lower amount of talent input into said art, which is indisputably wrong

Not true. With 'art' such as haikus, the combinations are just too few to give room for creativity. You just let hype make up for its deficient content. It's like trying to write a poem using only three words. It's 'novelty art', it's performance 'art', it's useless. And I'm not even talking about the fact that as other people ITT have pointed out, the original constraints are even stricter than here assumed.

As for your second pseudopoint, you have no idea how words work. If we call pseudoscience science, the word 'science' can no longer be used for distinction of materialistic, predictive insights. If we call pseudoart art, the word art no longer praises talented people, and being called an artist means as much as 'oh, you're doodling'. It's the same as with 'genius'.
>>
>>24412134
>As for your second pseudopoint, you have no idea how words work. If we call pseudoscience science, the word 'science' can no longer be used for distinction of materialistic, predictive insights. If we call pseudoart art, the word art no longer praises talented people, and being called an artist means as much as 'oh, you're doodling'. It's the same as with 'genius'.
Not all artists are good. If you're a 4chan-post artist, you might be a shitty artist. If you're Hieronymous Bosch, you're a genius artist.
>>
>>24412134
>With 'art' such as haikus, the combinations are just too few to give room for creativity.
That only proves you're not creative.
>You just let hype make up for its deficient content. It's like trying to write a poem using only three words. It's 'novelty art', it's performance 'art', it's useless.
Non sequitur. Also, hype? About haikus? I think you need to rephrase
>And I'm not even talking about the fact that as other people ITT have pointed out, the original constraints are even stricter than here assumed.
That makes it harder, which means it requires more skill.
>>
>>24410423

>>24410470
The point he is making is that you are a stick in the mud who cannot have fun in what was a pretty decent thread.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.