[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>thank you for coming to the interview annon we will let you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: manager.jpg (52 KB, 800x615) Image search: [Google]
manager.jpg
52 KB, 800x615
>thank you for coming to the interview annon we will let you know in a week if your the right fit for the position
>>
>>24407543
god fuck this
my therapist better get me on disability
>>
>>24407543
kek, Im such a boss, EVERY SINGLE job ive went for, I got hired on the spot. Too Bad you people are retarded
>>
>>24407623
Good for you, kid.
>>
>>24407623
>look at me I'm bragging about how much better my life is than other people on /r9k/
>>
>>24407623
>im such a boss
works minimum wage for his jew boss
>>
Why do you people put up with working minimum wage?
>>
>>24407543
That's not even a manager uniform, way to break my immersion
>>
>>24407722
>college students
>niggers and poor white trash
>>
>>24407661
>35000 faggots
Lel you people really are worthless
>>
>>24407543
Working at Burger King or McDonalds would be a step up from the places I've worked at.

Too bad that I can barely leave the house to go buy a soda at a convenience store, nevermind go hand in a CV and then get an interview.
>>
>>24407543
>tfw would be fine with getting a job but the idea of an interview makes me shit myself
>>
>>24407776
Where have you worked anon
>>
I'd literally kill myself if I had to work a minimum wage service job. I can't even go into a fast food place anymore because of the fucking pity I have for those people.
How do they even consider themselves human? It's almost as bad as being a fucking neet or some mentally or physically disabled wreck.
>>
>>24407543
Bitch your working a teenagers job, what the fuck
>>
File: 1446808964088.jpg (54 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1446808964088.jpg
54 KB, 453x500
>>24407834
let me guess, you make 6 figures?
>>
>>24407722
minimum effort, no real responsibilities, being able to quit and find another job at a moment's notice, connections to drug dealers, underage pussy, etc.
>>
>>24407860
No
I make 50,000 pounds per annum.
That might be close to 6 figures in dollars.

I'm an insurance broker in London.
That's my starting salary so I have to wait another year for a raise.
>>
>>24407860
>>24407919

You forgot 3 months of paid vacation and a company BMW
>>
>>24407934
No I only get 5 weeks plus national holidays and no company car.
A car is pretty redundant in London anyway.
>>
>>24407842
that's the only kind of job you can get if you choose to be a stay at home mom
>>
>>24407834
>tfw my mom keeps suggesting I apply to some minimum wage service job
>tfw I start to get depressed and want to kill myself
>>
>>24408000
Minimum wage jobs are for students and immigrants.
If you're neither of those then you should fucking get it over and done with
>>
>>24407979

>goes out and works
>stay at home mom

you didn't think this through tbqhwy
>>
>>24407543
I worked at a BK for a month and this OP is all kinds of bullshit. 2 big things, one, they'll tell you on the spot if you're in (it worked for me, a 17 year old high school student who was literally shaking during my interview since it was my first), and two, a random ass crew member is not going to do the interview, however informal, since there is always a manager + assistant manager in at the same time.
>>
>>24407818
A few places. My first real job was a bagboy at a supermarket and that was actually decent.

Another job was basically me washing & handing out lunch trays in the food court of a shopping mall. Could have been great but the place was a fucking graveyard and the only other to people that worked with me were in their 60s and fucking weird.

I worked the midnight shift of a 24-hour Dunkin Donuts, completely by myself, and had to deal with drunkards and also truck drivers who would hit on me (I'm a guy) and had ONLY ONE night/day off a week, on Sunday, so I couldn't really get anything done.

The worst job, and incidentally the job I worked the longest at, was a local fast food place.

There was just no order or organization in the fucking place, everything that we worked with was rusted and old and leaking and falling apart, nearly everyone else that worked there was a sassy 17 year old princess or a 16 year old stoner that would sit in the back and text on their phone or whatever while everyone else did the work, said kids would routinely show up anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours late and have me cover their shift after I had already spent 8-9 hours during the day shift, I'd always get a call at like 9 in the morning on weekends to cover their shift again since they were "not feeling well", there no thing to punch in & out so those shitty kids would routinely add an extra hour to the time that they actually worked, we would get "raises" just before minimum wage went up and nullified the raise, we had a tip jar but half the year our tips went to a charity without our consent.

Worked at that place nearly ten years, we got new owners, I missed one shift and was immediately fired.

I haven't been able to look for a job since.
>>
>family pressuring me to get a job
>occasionally peruse jobs just so i can say i looked
>yeah sure i applied for loads of jobs (lie)
>stumble across a job i could do (electronics)
>dust off old cv
>week later get a phonecall
>can you come in to see us anon for an interview
>get shown around the company
>do you know about xyz
>yes
>ok anon well we want you to be head of the department please
>literally no experience
>uhhh...ok....
>can you start monday?
>i guess....sure.

like wtf
everyone keeps telling me i seem much happier and shit.
you should try getting a job /r9k/ its amazing how little time you have to think about suicide and girls that fucked you around when you are busy working and sleeping your life away.
>>
>>24407919
>50,000 pounds
>in London
so like basically equivalent to 15000 anywhere else
>>
>>24407771
This is minimum salary where i live
>>
>>24408046
I have a college degree.
>>
>>24408088
>>24407818

Oh and the absolute fucking worst thing about that job was how they kept the radio ALWAYS set to Shits FM that played nothing but the same top 10 songs 500 times a day. Anytime I hear any song that was remotely popular between 2004 and 2013, it makes me sincerely want to kill myself. Someone Like You, Umbrella, I'm Sexy and I Know It, Call me Maybe, so many terrible awful songs.
>>
>free food
>employee discount
>job essentially consists of pressing buttons
>usually qt coworkers and also stonerbros

fast food isn't all that bad to work with.
>>
couldnt get a job in 6 months of trying. i thought it was just me, til my brother told me about a veteran friend of his.

this veteran friend, who was not crippled or fucked up in any way, got a job after 8 months of trying. and it wasnt through applications, but suggested by the employees of a bowling alley he frequented.

a veteran. 8 months to get a position through quasi-nepotism, and it was fucking minimum wage.
>>
>>24408177
shit, good for u broseph
>>
File: 1446949626141.jpg (23 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1446949626141.jpg
23 KB, 500x376
>>24408338
>less places are giving out free food
>10% off what a bargain
>you have to press buttons, interact with horrible people, and clean an entire building over the course of 6-8 hours- not challenging in the slightest but very tiring
>you're not going to be finding very many qts in foodservice and stonerbros are awful people
>>
>>24408338
>usually qt coworkers
Anyone girl worthwhile is going to be able to pull in a man who, y'know, makes more than $8/hr. Sorry to break it to you.
>>
>>24408344
...is that surprising tho? I don't think anyone actually gets jobs through applications - they just do that shit to protect themselves legally and maybe to catch the occasional "unicorn employee". Apart from exceptional cases, it's seemingly all through connections.
>>
>>24408338
I work at McDonalds right now. They don't give you free food at the one I work at. They just offer you one half off meal per day with a ton of bullshit conditions attached. That alone makes me want to quit. I don't even like McDonalds, but it still pisses me off that they can't give you a cheap ass $1 hamburger for free.
>>
>>24408694
>>24408462

A high school girl I met through a kek job ended up using me as her booty call.

9 years age difference between us
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.