[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people live together? I've been with my gf 1.5 a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 1447633266924.jpg (116 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1447633266924.jpg
116 KB, 960x720
How do people live together? I've been with my gf 1.5 a year, lived together for months. I can't stand her, I thought I loved her but now I just want to be alone

All those little things that I overlooked way back, now can't be ignored

How can people be in relationships for years?
>>
>>24405398
weeoo weeoo normie alert

/out/
>>
Break up with her, Chad. It's obvious you don't care or love her.
>>
>>24405471
I did, she was my first ever and doubt I'll find another one but relationships are just too hard and too much responsibility
>>
File: sudo.png (15 KB, 360x299) Image search: [Google]
sudo.png
15 KB, 360x299
>>24405398
you both become wagekeks and get a 2-bedroom 1.5 bath minimum aptartment.
That's how my wife and I keep things going when the going gets tough.
I have a space for all my crap and to play vidya and stuff, and she has a space to go and work on her art projects and read and all that bullshit.
Plus, we're both buys during the day and sometimes I study in the evenings, so when we finally get to see each other at night, it's more meaningful.
>>
>>24405506
So it's being together out of necessity
>>
>>24405398
I think your problem was OP is that you didn't wait long enough. A year and a half with someone is a decent amount of time but even then you don't fully know each other, such as habits they might have around the house.

It's easier to wait until a 2-3 year mark to consider moving in together, and in the meantime you can take turns staying at each other's houses a couple times a week. That way you get to learn about each other more and who they are when not in public and at home and alone.

I live with my partner and usually we do a lot of stuff together and spend a lot of time together, but we give each other distance which we both need. Which is being able to see friends and go out, being able to do your own hobby you like (and they don't) alone, seeing family, etc.

You just have to respect each other's different interests/hobbies and lives essentially; live your life while living it with them.
>>
>>24405398
By making sure that you have your own space and that the other person understands you need time to yourself.
>>
>>24405504
>relationships are just too hard and too much responsibility
Relationships are literally the exact fucking opposite of this. You're just being completely retarded thinking that you ever loved that woman if it took you one year and a half to start hating her. If you're too stupid to figure out by yourself what a relationship is supposed to be read some Osho for fuck's sake before you fuck it all up again and blame it on the nature of the stupid way you perceive a relationship to be.
>>
Either you can live with a person, or you can't.

Roommates or lovers, its hard to find someone you can mesh with long term. I think you need to decide if you're being unreasonable or if she truly rubs you the wrong way. Be aware that change is rare and is only spurred from the personal want to change. BUT if you can compromise that is the sacrifice on some things, you prob do annoying shit too

I met my s/o from living with them; they moved in and we did things roommates shouldn't do, and now we have been with each other for 5yrs

I don't believe there is a right time to move in with your spouse. If anything if youre serious about them it's better to find out they suck to live with earlier than later
>>
>>24405640
This post pretty much nails it. The only thing I'd add is that 2-3 years doesn't have to be a hard right or wrong, it can be different depending on couples etc. sooner or later based on what you both feel.
>>
>>24405738
I'm just haunted by the thought "Is this all there is to life"? Like I said, she's my girst ever and older than me (23) and already thinking of family and children, when i haven't still figured out myself what I want from life.

My father married at my age (and is still with her)
>>
Hey OP, I'm living with my gf of seven years, and am 21.

The key to living together is to clean up and let them notice, then, tell them you did it, then ask them to clean too, please.

Also it helps if you aren't the type of person to rip ass at the drop of a hat because "I don't want to feel uncomfortable! What there's nothing wrong with practically shitting your pants in the middle of the living room!"

Also, make sure you always go grocery shopping together, or else one party will be unhappy.
>>
>>24405929
How do you go 7 years with one person without getting bored? From my perspective, 1 year is hardcore
>>
File: 1406953579025.png (5 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1406953579025.png
5 KB, 230x230
OP is clearly too immature to handle a proper relationship right now. Break up with her and grow up and once you do then you can consider a relationship.
>>
>>24405398
2 years and 7 months, its all in your head. You are just becoming uninterested in your gal, the best thing to do is talk this out or cheat on her. Good luck
>>
File: 1429338596670.gif (2 MB, 460x304) Image search: [Google]
1429338596670.gif
2 MB, 460x304
Literally, Reddit: the thread

Please kill yourselves over your gf 'problems'

kthx - a actual robot
>>
File: deathbattle.png (885 KB, 900x642) Image search: [Google]
deathbattle.png
885 KB, 900x642
place your bets folks
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.