[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? Does this advice work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: image.gif (458 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
458 KB, 500x320
Thoughts?

Does this advice work?
>>
>>24403498

Absolutely. I just don't know which direction is forward.
>>
>>24403498
it is hard not to give a shit what people think when they control the means by which you stay out of poverty as well as things that make life worth living like an education, decent career, friends, gf and possible illness and death in the future
>>
I mean it works if your one and only problem is that you're worried about what other people think. But if you have no idea what direction you want to go in, and feel like you don't want to move anywhere at all, it's essentially meaningless drivel.
>>
>>24403498

As with any advice, it can be utterly useless.

There's a difference between knowing and understanding.

A person *knows* they should just keep moving forward and don't give a shit.

But do they understand *how* they should do it?

Or even the why?
>>
Not giving a shit what anyone thinks only works if you have enough charisma to stop yourself from becoming socially isolated. Otherwise you will become isolated and there will be nobody to help you when you need it.
>>
I don't think he's trying to say, don't give a shit about anything. More something like, have a goal and don't give a shit about people trying to sway you.
>>
>>24403559
A tripfag knows he's an attention whoring faggot, but does he know why?
>>
I think the key is to come to the point, the balance, where you have a sufficient amount of not giving a fuck to actually be able to move on/forward and accept the fact the world has fucked up properties, yet still have some shit to give to things that aren't fucked up etc.

Easier said than done though, and as others mentioned, knowing what "moving forward" would entail and such can be a whole issue on its own as well.

>>24403602
That's my interpretation as well, in addition to trying not to dwell on experiences being not as positive as hoped/expected. Trial and error and all that.
>>
>>24403559
Stfu tripfag
>>
>>24403628

There's a mighty big difference between contributing to a conversation and attention whoring.
>>
Pro tip: People spend no more than 5 seconds thinking about you. Everyone is too caught up in their own worls, same way you /c/ucks come here and talk about yourselves all day.

So you see, once you get over the scariness of people's prying eyes, you'll be able to go about a lot more comfortably in your daily lives.

You see ugly people everyday, you see fags everyday. weirdos, cunts, people you hate etc etc. and every time you think about them for a few seconds and then go back to your own world.
And so it is with everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxT8m46K1w8

For you anons
>>
>>24403532
underrated.

Why the fuck do I get muted for this? This is borderline censorship.
>>
>>24403498
No, its the same level as just man up and bee urself advice.
>>
>>24403860
Cry about it more, faggot.
>>
>and be one of the most handsome and desired men in the world
gotcha
>>
This advice is not only obvious, but it's also shit
>don't give a fuck about what people think of you
>people think you're a weird awkward ugly fuck, nobody will want to spend time with you, don't care
>act like an asshole to them, people now hate you, you don't give a fuck about them
>still alone everyday
>try to get in 5 relationships, get rejected every time by the girls, don't give a fuck
>still a kissless virgin
>move forward
What does that even mean ? You can't move forward socially, you won't get friends and as time passes you won't stand a chance of getting a partner. You can work forward on your career, congratulations, now you're 30, working your ass everyday, alone in your own house everyday and lost your virginity to a prostitute. Sounds like such a fucking good life. Don't forget to just lift brah and always be yourself !!!!1
>>
>>24403741
You sound like a fortune cookie,
>>
>>24403837
>Pro tip: People spend no more than 5 seconds thinking about you. Everyone is too caught up in their own worls, same way you /c/ucks come here and talk about yourselves all day.
Then why do people get bullied? People will notice the shit out of you if you stick out too much.
>>
It does work, but the idea of moving forward is that there's something to move forward to. Like you have a goal you're going for.

Just not giving a fuck without a goal is where a lot of us have gone wrong
>>
File: 1439524476470.png (73 KB, 230x285) Image search: [Google]
1439524476470.png
73 KB, 230x285
>>24403923

You mean cheap, hollow, and full of lies?
>>
>>24403498
Johnny Depp used to be great when he was younger. Its to bad he turned in.
>>
>>24403926
Because shit people exist and highschool is hell which, if it hasn't ended will end. It may take time, but get over it.
>>
>>24403980
what are you talking about?
hes still got it.
haven't you seen black mass?
>>
>>24403498
Depp still has issues, but it does work in terms of existing, just not fixing the issue long term.
>>
>>24403926
bullying hardly happens because people think about the victim, but rather because bullies think about themselves and their social status
>>
>>24403995
>high school
Are you in high school yourself? There are shit people everywhere and there will be people who will attempt to bully others over stupid shit well into adult life.
>nobody cares about you
Most people don't care or think about you. Some people will and they will give you shit for it. This isn't just a problem with kids.
>>
>>24403498

yeah,

you just gotta be world famous, sex symbol tier attractive actor
>>
>>24404076
>are you in highschool yourself

Nah, I'm in uni. Your post just sounded like underage b8, or maybe a manchild, not trying to be rude but eh.

>noone cares about you

So what? Do you care about them? Focus on bettering yourself and being able to make yourself happy first. If you're not happy yourself, noone else can do it for you. You're born alone and you die alone anon, get gud.
>>
>>24404057
Does it really matter? If you stick out too much you make yourself a target for people like that. Not giving a shit about what other people think and doing your own thing can easily have negative social consequences, especially in places like small towns.
>>
>>24404160
>Nah, I'm in uni.
That explains it. You're just a bit deluded by your current set up m8.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447984599608.jpg (55 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447984599608.jpg
55 KB, 640x360
>>24404218
Yeah, whatever NEET. Keep on sucking shit because shit people exist or whichever reason you have to stay a failure.

>you're just delduded by your current set up

Your projection is showing but whatever. I can tell where this is going to go.
>>
>>24404160
>bettering yourself
>making yourself happy
>being yourself :^)
>no one else can be happy for you
Well, no fucking shit, Sherlock. You're just being retarded now, you can't force yourself to be happy if your sadness comes from the fact that you're always alone. Humans are social animals, most of us need to interact with each other and form strong bonds throughout our lives in order not to become depressive. You can't speak for everyone. Also
>you're born alone and you die alone
No you're not, you edgelord. Most are born with loving families. Some get to spend most of their life having friends and a partner that cares for them and loves them.
>>
>>24404329
Hating on robots

Kys
>>
It works for some, not for all.

Depends on your personality and adaptability.

If success were as easy as normies make it sound, everybody would be successful.
>>
>>24403570

>Needing help in the first place
>>
>>24403837
how do you get over stuff like this if you live in a small town?
>>
>>24403883

You cant get friends, receive genuine respect and adoration from people if you are not a tall han dsome man. You cannot. You weren 't going to move forward, get laid and get a social life no matter how hard ou tried to integrate
>>
>>24404329
I'm not a NEET, I've just lived longer than you and met enough people to know that these platitudes are mostly useless. You haven't got it all figured and don't really know what you're talking about. You're only in college ffs do you really genuinely think you've any wisdom about you?
>>
>>24404558
>not hating evenly

>enjoying being a robot

Kill yourself. A complete waste of life desu senpai.
>>
if your a "genetically inferior" male is it better to go your own way or try as hard as possible to be normal?

Obv basic rules of education and hygiene apply
>>
>>24404398
>you can't speak for everyone

Never said I did. Your reading comprehension is pretty shit.

Just b urself :^). Or at least someone not shitty, if all else fails there's always suicide.

>most are born with loving families

Stop speaking for everyone. Doesn't change the fact that you came into this world alone and will go out alone, no matter who's around you.
>>
>>24404946
Age=! Wisdom/experience

You don't even know my age for fucks sake.
>>
>>24403498
Why don't you just put it into practice and see if it works? Why do you rely on second hand accounts? Find out for yourself.
>>
File: weeaboo.jpg (77 KB, 409x450) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.jpg
77 KB, 409x450
Show me your power level!
>>
>>24404986
hmmm good question
>>
>>24403498
It is not advice. It is pure tautology.

'If you want to do x, do x.'
>>
I don't know, but people tell me I look like Johnny Depp, so it must be working.
>>
>>24403974
We all saw that movie, you unoriginal piece of shit.
>>
>>24405056
If you're in uni it's not a leap to assume you're in your probably 25 at most especially if you're using it to deny the accusation you're an underage high schooler. If you were older you'd probably have said that.

Wisdom and age are correlated anyway. Young people are rarely wise.
>>
>>24405236

I loved Ben kingsley in that. Probably one of the better characters in the script, lol.
>>
>>24405027
Your logic is pretty shit.
>you came into this world alone
How's being a retard going on for you ? This doesn't make any sense, you are not born alone. And for dying alone, it doesn't even matter afterwards, both of these things are irrelevant, people around you matter when you're alive.
>>
>>24403537

Its easy not to give a shit when your're a multi-millionaire.
>>
YES, but exercise your intelligence while at it.
>>
>>24403498
Sorse?

And yeah being omegas pretty fun
>>
I get a lot of respect from my coworkers for "saying it how it is". people call me an asshole but the realest person they know. I have a decent number of friends too. I'm not even attractive. I'm also fat as shit. don't know why it works for me
>>
>>24403498
That's ducking nuts m8
>>
File: 1443990012615.jpg (297 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
1443990012615.jpg
297 KB, 1125x681
>>24403741
But you're attention whoring with the tripcode god why are trips so dense
>>
how do i make a tripcode??? i want mine to be chadchadderson

then everyone can know my views... i will make threads against fellow trips coders becuase we rule r9k
>>
>>24403498
it works for people who can wear a pink shirt to work and everybody will say how cool this shirt is.

elliot rogers did the same, not giving a fuck and just keep moving, but at the end of the day, he still suffered by the rejections.

for you robots i would say: just keep moving and don't give a fuck what do you think.
>>
File: 1447779284782.png (31 KB, 734x1472) Image search: [Google]
1447779284782.png
31 KB, 734x1472
>be good looking
>no insecurities because grew up with shit tons of positive reinforcement
>KEK STOP GIVING A SHIT GUISE IT'S EASY
>>
>>24403498
It's not necessarily a bad attitude to have but it's still false advice for him to rationalize all of his success in life.
>>
>>24407481
I agree its all genetics and luck but if you are shit now because people were mean to you then you were probably already shit

people were mean to me my whole childhood and I fixed myself and am now making 160k/year and get hot bishes
>>
File: thisthreetbh.png (10 KB, 448x224) Image search: [Google]
thisthreetbh.png
10 KB, 448x224
>>24407595
JUST
FIX
YOUR SELF
UP
>>
>>24407627
sucks to suck bro

im just a better person than you
>>
>>24407595

Nice man, great that people don't ever lie on internet and everything is true.
>>
>>24403498
Johnny Depp brings in about 350 extra viewers these days, 'cuz he looks like a dope. He's got this mustache...Y'know, he's quirky, he's gonna be Chuck-E-Cheeze or Willy Wonka or something like that...He gets tattoos of witches and warlocks and bathhouses.

He was good friends with River Phoenix, and the thing about Johnny Depp and how he gets his kicks is he likes to watch his good friends die of drug overdoses and not do anything about it and just be high.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.