[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 20
File: wub3.png (152 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
wub3.png
152 KB, 638x638
>CSGO is pure shit
>People only play it because its ancestors were the shit back in the 2000s, people got addicted to the gameplay. And even more people play csgo because their friends who played the ancestors play csgo.
>Otherwise that piece of shit in today's industry would be NOWHERE. Dead.

That's more of a fact though.
>>
there are no woman on r9k
>>
>>24401842
Same applies for call of duty.
>>
I think trannies are an abomination
>>
Ethnic cleansing is good. We need to get rid of this trans or whatever the fuck it is populations that are springing up.
>>
so you at least admit that 1.6 was good, right?
>>
>>24401981
That wouldn't really be ethnic cleansing though, if you're campaigning a genocide against trans people.

I agree though they need to be disposed of.
>>
Communism is great desu
>>
>>24401842
The reason its shit is the people that play it, theres a decent amount of good maps, a lot of guns, everyone just wants DUST TWO WITH M4 AND AK47 xDDD all the time
>>
Fallout 4 is not only a good game, but the best game that Bethesda has put out so far.
>>
>>24401994
Yes. Was. Back at the release date and nothing else could compete with it. Sad thing is, there were already too many people there before the competition began.
>>
File: Titanfall.jpg (243 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall.jpg
243 KB, 1280x720
Agreed. Personally, I feel like the generic military shooter fad is extremely worn out. We've had tons of Call of Duty games, tons of Battlefields, tons of CS games.

This sounds like a shill, but one of the recent multiplayer shooters I really respected was Titanfall. I only played the 48 hour trial bullshit but the fast movement speed, wallrunning, double-jumping, and mech combat were all really satisfying. I generally fucking hate EA games so giving Titanfall credit is a very rare thing for me.
>>
>>24402037
wouldn't say it is the best but it is really good. A lot better than /v/ would have you believe.
>>
>>24402027
It's not m4 and ak. IT'S HEY HEY BUY ME AWP I GOOD WITH AWP GIVE ME AWP HEY GRAB THAT AWP AWP AWP AWP

awp fags have ruined csgo
>>
>>24401842
People only play CS:GO because of the weapon skins. Before the skin update the game had less players than both CS1.6 and CSS. It was also developed by Turtle Rock ( the developers of CZ and L4D ) which are some of the most incompetent developers who have ever worked for Valve.
>>
>>24401842
It would be better if it was not ruined by a guy who tried to get me into it. This guy is basically wanting to be pro and overthinking a damn game made it so boring. To me the community is just filled with a bunch of normie fags so there's also that.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (13 KB, 262x349) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
13 KB, 262x349
>>24401842
Suicide can be a perfectly rational choice for someone who isn't terminally ill.

No man or woman on this Earth has the right to rob anyone of their choice, nor is anyone entitled to their judgments.

Nobody has the right to judge anyone else. Every single human being is part of a family, 7 billion and growing.

The worst of us have good somewhere, and the best of us are secretly bad in some regard.

Everyone is equal in their humanity despite the disparity in both moral capacity and financial status.

Literally nothing you do means anything in the end, with the exception of great contributions to your fellow man and/or truly noble martyrdom.

Things are what they are, the world is infinitely more simple than our bullshit leads us to believe. We live, we choose, we die.

Both God and his Son exist, the latter willingly let himself be nailed to a giant fucking cross and stabbed with a spear because he believed in you.

Anyone and everyone who actively and violently attacks Christianity is standing on the wrong side of the chessboard and inadvertently playing on the bad guy's team per Revelations. Atheism is wrong, but you're not a monster if that's your perspective.

You're not Christian simply for calling yourself Christian and attending church on Sundays. Simply beating your chest and vouching for Christianity is not the right thing to do. Finding the strength to love a murderer or a pedophile regardless of their misdeeds doesn't make you abnormal, it makes you a wonderful and exceptionally strong-willed human being.

If you have a penis you're a male, if you have a vagina you're a female. No amount of Tumblr posting or landwhale screeching will change that. It doesn't matter if you feel like you're the other gender, that's okay. Calling yourself a woman when you have a penis is, however, is pants-on-head retarded.

4chan is a bleeding hollow shell of its former self. M00t betrayed this family he brought together. 4x2chan is free and not hipster.
>>
i used to play cs 1.6 a lot and was in cal and stuff. i tried cs:go at a friends house and i really just don't like it.

t b h, im surprised cs is still even around in any form. it was basically almost dead in the mid to late 2000s.
>>
>>24402057
Titanfall was a great game. It brought new mechanics to a multiplayer shooter I had not seen before.
>>
>>24402037
you have to be 18 to post on these boards son.
>>
>>24402057
military shooters will die out and all the quake-like games will make a resurgence. military tactical shooters are pretty boring and don't take half the abilities a game like quake 3 or ut2k4 takes. the movement alone in those games takes an extremely long time to get half decent at.
>>
File: 1328218622765.png (155 KB, 324x383) Image search: [Google]
1328218622765.png
155 KB, 324x383
>the only reason why you can't get gf is your unlikeable personality
>>
File: literally 9000 keks.jpg (141 KB, 680x986) Image search: [Google]
literally 9000 keks.jpg
141 KB, 680x986
>>24402037
Fallout 4 was and is an awful shithole of a game, it's by and large the ugliest and laziest game Bethesda has ever created, and even Fallout 3 is superior.

Skyrim > New Vegas > Morrowind > Fallout 3 > a giant pile of shit > the maggots writhing in the shit > Fable 3 > Fallout 4

Fable isn't even a Bethesda game and it's better. That's how shit your baby non-RPG Fallout game is.
>>
>>24402193
I will amend the comment by adding this: the one good thing about Fallout 4 is the power armor. The act of entering the armor and the 1st-person HUD is nice.

That is all.
>>
>>24402037
F4 got shit at first because the early game kinda sucks and forces you to do the main quest but overall its cool
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 258x245
>>24402193
>fable 3 is better than fallout 4

Back to /v/eddit with you
>>
>>24402193
bethesda is complete garbage anyway so when i look at your ratings list i just see shit is greater than shit is greater than shit
>>
>>24402193
>skyrim better than morrowind
casualfag
>>
File: 1430644235178.jpg (6 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
1430644235178.jpg
6 KB, 264x191
>>24401842
>silver 2 pre VAC wave detected
learn to play and the game is good it isn't for the casual player
>>
>>24402260
>he plays the non-RPG KekofDuty clone unironically and uses leddit boogeyman to defend himself
I don't even feel pity for you at this point, I simply kek in your general direction. You don't deserve that Pepe you posted either, normal Norman.

>>24402284
Skyrim was more beautiful, had a much better soundtrack, and the combat was more engaging despite the lackluster guilds and toned down RPG elements.

Morrowind had cliff racers.

I rest my case.
>>
>>24402188
This. Half the reason everything sucks is because your attitude sucks.

Don't get me wrong, life does suck.

But constant complaining is toxic and imo
>a sign of overwhelming insecurity
>>
File: 1447911038350.gif (498 KB, 255x235) Image search: [Google]
1447911038350.gif
498 KB, 255x235
>>24402331
>and the combat was more engaging

>skyrim
>engaging combat

MY
FUCKING
SIDES
>>
File: 1433336648419.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1433336648419.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>24402331
Bad Bait Bro
>>
99.5% of people who claim they're not religious, are.

'Meditation' makes you self-absorbed and blinds you to your environment.

'Psychedelics' permanently make you empathetic and break your conceptual boundaries to the point of declaring as true things that are not even wrong.

Buddhism is the most anti-intellectual religion of all, much more than monotheistic religions, and Buddhists are sophists who in discussion avoid making a point at all, instead deflecting it into e.g. ad-hominems ('better observe your own mind') and intellectual nihilism ('nothing can be known/communicated/proven anyway').

IQ is the biggest determinant of not only educational and vocational, but creative and personal success, and people who claim its inferiority as a factor to free will or motivation rely ontautologies ('everyone can succeed, they just need to') or misidentification of the real causal agent ('they succeed because they're rich', failing to acknowledge that rich people (such because they) are intelligent).

Grow up, people. 'Races/genders are inequal' is not an unpopular opinion.
>>
File: I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME.jpg (73 KB, 628x635) Image search: [Google]
I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME.jpg
73 KB, 628x635
>>24402358
>>24402390
This is the Unpopular Opinions thread, not the Morrowing echo chamber thread. Take the rose-colored glasses off, grandpa.
>>
>>24402324
>run
>shoot
>die
>rage
>repeat

Hiding behind a wall, listening to footsteps and peeking sometimes =/= tactic.

Sounds fun.
>>
File: [virginity intensifies].jpg (190 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
[virginity intensifies].jpg
190 KB, 1067x800
>>24402403
triple kek
>>
>>24402403
>rich people are rich because they're intelligent

Seriously?
>>
>>24402406
This is unpopular opinions thread, not the wrong opinions thread
>>
>>24402444
Nice trips lad but you do realize that almost everything is subjective right?
>>
File: just kill me.png (389 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
just kill me.png
389 KB, 500x600
>>24402444
Trips do not lie. I guess I have to leave and reconsider living.
>>
>>24402403
>misidentification of the real causal agent ('they succeed because they're rich', failing to acknowledge that rich people (such because they) are intelligent)

*...because they're motivated/rich, failing to acknowledge that motivated/rich people...

>>24402436
Yes. Cf. adoption studies.
>>
>>24402406
didnt even play morrowind but skyrim combat is fucking awful you faggot
>>
>>24402416

Your staggeringly low comprehension of the game mechanics proves that you are a casual.
>>
>>24402331
>Skyrim was more beautiful
depends, lets call it subjective, morrowind certainly had a wierd wibe and skyrim managed to escape genericness that was rampant in oblivion
>had a much better soundtrack
subjective morrowind was better imho
>and the combat was more engaging despite the lackluster guilds and toned down RPG elements.
guess what faggot, thats why morrowind is a better game, in a rpg game, rpg elements matter not the combat system which is admittedly shit
>Morrowind had cliff racers.
no argument there

skyrim is literally "we dumbed down too much on oblivion but we lack the balls to create another morrowind" the game
>>
>>24402480
I'm not even the morrowind guy, anyone who can play fallout 4 and legitimately think its an awful game must be either be retarded or autistic and since we're on arcanine I'm thinking it's the latter
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (12 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
12 KB, 250x241
>>24402529
>game mechanics
>>
>>24402531
And Fallout 4 is the same mentality only worse.

And people unironically defend that. The same people who shit on Skyrim because it's le meme to do so.

>>24402532
Like this delusional manchild right here. Fallout 4 is an abomination and you're just hiding your buyer's remorse.

I torrented that abortion because I couldn't stand the idea of rewarding Bethesda's laziness with shekels. I've never deleted a game before and it was a liberating feeling to watch Fallout 4 disappear. I'll just pretend it disappeared forever.
>>
>>24402606
Did you even play it for more than a few hours?
>>
File: laughing creatures.png (1 MB, 960x597) Image search: [Google]
laughing creatures.png
1 MB, 960x597
>>24402532
>>24402620
>muh gun customization lel wheres my emblem?!
>gotta paint muh power armor that was spoonfed to me 10 minutes into the game
>freedom is stupid and RPGs are boring, this is much better
>oh man this dialogue wheel is so kewl I like how they talk when I say something
>this is the best game of the year ever
>>
>>24402654
Autism confirmed
>>
>anyone defending bethesda ever

do you people enjoy being laughed at or something? the only people who like these games are ign shills and people with no taste
>>
File: imbilng.jpg (6 KB, 378x378) Image search: [Google]
imbilng.jpg
6 KB, 378x378
>>24402698
>I don't have any counter points!
>Ad hominem!
>Autism!
DAMAGECONTROL
A
M
A
G
E
C
O
N
T
R
O
L
>>
>>24401952
What does that have to do with this thread at all? You're also wrong, but that's besides the point.
>>24401981: Why? Some transexual people produce healthy children, and just because you find them disgusting doesn't mean they shouldn't exist. That, and you seem to be saying that you should be the sole determinant of whole lives or dies. When some transexual murders you, who's going to keep society clean?

Transsexuals aren't new. They've been around since before the Eurofags came to the Americas. Google two spirit people. Transsexuals are a part of humanity and there is nothing you can do about it. Even if you could kill all of them, more would be born. And again, why would you kill all of them in the first place?
>>
>>24402748
This, to be honest my brothers.
>>
>>24402748
or maybe i actually enjoy open world games meant to be explored
>>
>>24402861
>What is Witcher 3?
>What is Dragon's Dogma?
>>
>>24402107
>having a penis makes you male etc.

This is objectively not true though, it's inconsistent with how sex and gender are assigned in the womb, and furthermore mistakes happen anyway which make penis = male and vag = female a false dichotomy.

I mean I get that you just hate trans people but the reason you just cited isn't scientifically sound.
>>
>>24402698
salty bethesda fanboy faggot confirmed
>>
>>24402861
>oh boy a cave with zombies
>oh boy a cave with more zombies
>oh boy another cave but this one is the same although it has a slightly harder zombie at the end

epic exploration bro
>>
File: 1329022055010.gif (499 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1329022055010.gif
499 KB, 270x270
>>24402887
>I mean I get that you just hate trans people
Nowhere in my post did I claim to hate anyone. I specifically said otherwise to the point where it should be considered an empathy disorder. You're a complete and utter faggot and, though I may love you regardless, you're still retarded for being a Tumblrina.

Penis is masculine, vagina is feminine. Produce sources that refute hundreds of years of basic scientific knowledge.
>>
>>24402403
Buddhism is all about cause and effect, it's probably the most scientific religion if you ignore some wackier mystic parts, which are no more wacky than any other religion.

Or maybe I should say modern Buddhism is the most scientific.
>>
>>24402403
This is nonsense. Athiests just think that there are no gods. The definition is right there in the word. Non-theistic, as in they don't religon.

The IQ test has been proven to be absolute shit.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2007/12/17/none-of-the-above

There is no way at all to objectively measure intelligence.

And a large fraction of athiests don't do any of these things. Perhaps 20% of them have done at least one, but nowhere near all of them.

And Buddhism is about avoiding attachments, not human interaction.Read a Wikipedia article some time.

Oh, and rich people are more educated, on the whole. That does not mean they are better at using said education.

And success is subjective as balls. If I decide I want to be homeless, and then become homeless, I have succeeded, have I not?
>>
>>24402951
'Buddhism is the most rational religion ever if you ignore all the irrational parts.'

Typical.

You've literally never read a Buddhist 'teacher', have you.
>>
>>24402403
>>IQ Test

You should read a book "The Mismeasure of Man" by Stephen J Gould.

I'll give ya the short version though. The IQ test was NEVER meant to measure intelligence and the creator specifically warned against doing so.
>>
>>24403031
>he thinks religion is about 'belief in God'
>he he's never heard about the notion of predictive value
>he thinks religions should be discussed with respect to what their adherents claim to value, and not to what they actually do
>he actually invokes anecdotal counterevidence

How's being 20 serving you?

>>24403081
>Gould

Cute. Now tell me that you also believe Gardner, Goleman, and God.
>>
>all these skubfags ITT
Yuck!
>>
>>24401842
CSGO is shit. Older Counter-Strikes are pure excellence. Have you ever played pre-Source era aka 1.6? And CSGO is being played a lot now because it has "muh graphics"(even tho its the same as CSS from 2004 lmao), shitload skins, muh professional esport cyber competitive matchmaking. No one plays GO only because 1.6 was good at the time. Most players are under age of 16 who play GO. They werent even born at the time of 1.6. Too bad i cant even play on yuro servers being yuropean myself because almost zero players, romanian servers lag like shit and there are still cheaters.
>>
>games are for children >>24401842
>>
>>24403138
>Gardner, Goleman, and God

In fact, now I think of it, Gautama would be right down that alley as well when it comes to spouting damaging, schizotypal tautologies of 'reality originating in your mind' and 'importance of always focusing on what's truly important' and 'everything depending on everything else'.
>>
The government should pay people to be sterilized and CSGO is a great game, but casefags/knifeniggers completely ruined any semblance of community.
>>
>>24403138
The only point you've proven is that you've never read it, and are thus uninformed on the subject

Only narcissists care about IQ tests, because it gives them the inflated self worth that they crave.

The entire testing and mathematical structure is designed not to measure who is smart, but to identify which children have a learning disability.
>>
>>24402403

>poor little /pol/ baby tries to piggy back off the achievements of other whites

looooooooooooser
>>
>>24403323
Bet you can't wait to tell your little daughter that it's not about intelligence, it's about how you use it, too.
>>
>>24402436

Yes, this is what conservakek americans actually believe
>>
>>24403323
In fact, here's a tip you're never going to understand:

There's literally (yes, literally) no trait that ensures the individual's survival more than IQ.
>>
>>24402193

Kill yourself /v/edditor casual scumbag
>>
>>24402933

Ok I know this is bait, and not even good bait. But here's some spaghetti for you.

You can't spout off factually incorrect shit and then hide behind "but I don't care what people do". Yes factually incorrect, not just unpopular with my pod of whale people. I will be reblogging your post shit lord.

In the west yes we use a gender dichotomy typically assigned by penis versus vagina. But what about the Hijra in India, as a common example of non binary gender?

What about the commonness of extra or atypical sex chromosomes? 1/1000 men is XYY.

What about how in utero babies can be flooded with the "wrong" hormones for their assigned reproductive sex?

What about people born with both, neither, overdeveloped, or underdeveloped sex organs?

It's a lot more complicated than that stupid binary.

Also I'm not actually a tumblr user or trans or a special snowflake.
>>
Fallout 3 is my favorite game
>>
>>24402933
And if you're thinking I'm mad I'm just chilling in bed right now with my cat browsing r9k so you really really aren't trolling me don't get your jimmies in a twist.
>>
>>24402532
but anon, i'm autistic and I love fall out 4.

please stop misusing that word.

the term you're looking for to describe these shitters is 'piss baby'.

:^)))
>>
>>24402085

L4D is good as fuck, you just don't like it because your a faggot with no friends to play survival mode with.
>>
>>24401842
>CS:GO is shit.
>Actually tries to implement real-world ballistics and weapon control.

B-b-but muh r-r-run and g-g-gun!
>>
Multiplayer games are for normies.

Society needs less freedom, not more.

There's nothing morally wrong with the death penalty.

Suicide should be an acceptable form of atonement for failure.

Black and brown people are inherently inferior to fair skinned people.

Marijuana is for normies. If you smoke it, you are a normie and nothing else.

Whining and complaining to people about your problems is imposing a burden on them. Stop that shit.

9/11 was not an inside job.
>>
>>24403060
Never read a Buddhist teacher. Not sure what to think on that but I took a few classes on Buddhism in college, which you are free to scoff at if you like.

It's actually a pretty beautiful philosophy rooted in cause and effect.

Yes it's very old so it has some baggage, but a lot of Buddhists are pretty modern in their thoughts. And anyway you can separate philosophy from religion and still enjoy holidays and whatever else if you want.
>>
>Advanced Warfare had an OK campaign
>Mario Kart 7 is better than Mario Kart 8
>Super Mario Galaxy games are meh, mario 64 styled game would be better
>>
>tfw CS source is better than CS GO

Back when CS: Source was released in 2004, I thought CS: Source was shit. I wanted to go back to 1.6 or CZ. It's only now I realize CS Source is the better compromise of the two (CS 1.6 and CS: GO)
>>
>>24403452

>cs:go

>>Actually tries to implement real-world ballistics and weapon control.

And fails miserably at it. Garbage RNG game that is only played by kids and young teenagers.

>>24403459

>Multiplayer games are for normies.

How so?

>Society needs less freedom, not more.

Good goy. You must be either American or British.

>There's nothing morally wrong with the death penalty.

I agree. Muslims demonstrate to us how well it works and so does China!

>Suicide should be an acceptable form of atonement for failure.

*tips fedora*

its just like my animes!

>Black and brown people are inherently inferior to fair skinned people.

[citation needed]

But it doesn't matter anyway because you yourself are inferior to everyone else.

>Marijuana is for normies. If you smoke it, you are a normie and nothing else.

How so?

>Whining and complaining to people about your problems is imposing a burden on them. Stop that shit.

lmao, get a load of this fedora tipper who thinks he's le stoic alpha male

>9/11 was not an inside job.

It was in the sense they knew those saudis were going to do it :^)
>>
>>24403526
>And fails miserably at it. Garbage RNG game that is only played by kids and young teenagers.
Someone who never fired a weapon in combat detected.
>>
>>24403405
mmm yes that explains why nerds drown in pussy all the time thanks anon
>>
>>24403251
Not a single Counter-Strike game had better accuracy when jumping instead of standing still except for GO. Just try it yourself. If someone surprises me around the corner, i basically jump up like a retard and spray. Guess what? I get a headshot without even aiming and he dies trying to control his recoil on my hitboxes. This especially good with SMG's since they have fast fire-rate. TRULY fucking DISGUSTING.

Another thing. Jumping. I cannot literally dodge a bullet while jumping. In 1.6 if i fuck up, i basically fast strafe in the air right or left for cover or just to make me some time to draw my weapon (assuming i was running with a knife) in order to smack him up real good. Jumping in 1.6 was godlike. It was all about dem moves. It takes a lot of fucking practice to get good at longjumping (aka matching strafe left/right with camera movement left/right while jumping in the air. This is a big advantage if youre looking to jump for really hardly reachable spots. Fuck, how about bhopping? That game mechanic where you jump like bunny. In order to jump bigger distances and get velocity you match your model movement with camera movement. Shit was fun and amazing. It was kinda like glitch/bug whatever, but IT WAS FUN. Now look at GO, fucking maximum 2 consecutive jumps and your models speed drops instantly. What the fuck. Now its enough just to randomly press WASD and hope for the best.
>>
>>24403405
also tell me more of your high IQ oh puppet master who holds my strings while my plebian mind struggles to keep up
>>
>>24403405
Lol if that's true then I'm sorry for how your life is going to turn out
>>
>>24403526
>unironically using the fedora meme

Get the fuck out of here, Reddit.
>>
>>24403461
Well, IF you read some, which useful idiots like you will literally never do, you'd see how repulsive their misappropriation of (misequation with) scientific concepts is, for instance ('oh, Buddhism predates quantum physics/modern logic/modern ecology (yes, I've actually seen an useful idiot say that)'). Or their two-faced manipulation with respect to 'meditation' ('it's just about being in the present', which is innocuous (= unfalsifiable) enough on the surface, but is going to be implemented in harmful ways; evasion of intellectual responsibility). Or their deflection of criticism regarding its ambiguity ('when I say that you should look at the Moon and not on the finger, you must not expect from me to explain what I mean; only you can discern your own motivations; I can only show you the path'). Or the consequences of endlessly and variously stressing relativity and ambiguity, or again just pure, naive anti-intellectualism ('don't get lost in concepts, don't let your thoughts control you, clear your mind, transcend labels, ...'). And literally dozens more.

Well, go on. Just keep saying Buddhism is the most rational religion of all and actually not a religion but the science of the brain. Just go on. You must, just the way you must call me an idiot.

>>24403549
I said INDIVIDUAL survival.
>>
>>24403573
>tell me more of your high IQ

My IQ is below average. Don't assume.
>>
>>24401842
>start a thread for opinions
>state what you believe to be fact
this sure is off to a great start.

here's an unpopular opinion
Op isn't a faggot
>>
>>24403517
lest be honest here. CSS had literally the worst hitboxes in whole franchise. They were fucking huge and this made the game easier. In GO devs made hitboxes smaller, which is now at least a bit challenging
>>
>>24403681

Fun tip...

The hitboxes are actually smaller than the model.
>>
I prefer watching the dubbed version of anime than the subbed versions.
>>
>>24403422
Confirmed tranniefag in denial. Enjoy living a lie.
>>
>>24403562
>I only play Deathmatch.
You should just tattoo "CASUAL" on your forehead.
>>
>>24403526
Well done, anon. I'm proud of you.
>>
>>24403587
>>Individual survival
No such thing, and unrelated to your original argument of "educational and vocational, but creative and personal success"

If you're so clever then you will have no trouble grasping the concept of how something as complex as the human consciousness can be represented by a number that was spit out by a formula that is inherently flawed.

But you will just respond to that the way you have the last 3 posts. With an inflammatory attitude and lacking any real content to give your argument weight.
>>
>>24403587
Idiots say lots of stuff dude. Go read the Dhammapada that was probably the book I read back when I was studying Buddhism (loling at myself so you don't have to for saying that).

There's really a lot of good philosophical stuff in there, and idk what to tell you about that. Yes modern Buddhism gets caught up and championed by some slack jawed idiots who want to put quantum in front of anything and everything.

Yes there is some bullshit in Buddhism that ultimately lead me to stop really taking classes about it. Ultimately I took classes in the history of art and visual culture of Buddhism, which was more interesting to me at the time than continuing down this weird nothing matters eastern philosophy road in studying Buddhism, so I know what you're talking about. Believe me. I decided to just try and stick to visual culture and anthropology after a certain point. Not what I got my degree in ultimately but that's a story for a different thread I guess.

I still think there's a lot of good stuff there. Meditation is a pretty good idea, but it's ultimately corrupted in the west to being about specific moments, when I think most Buddhist texts would rather it be about being generally aware. Idk. It's very complicated.

I wanted to just shit post you but I really do feel your gripes about it. Go read the Dhammapada if you haven't it's really good. Also "The Buddha in the Jungle" is a really good book if you want to read stories of the last Buddhist monks living in the jungle before Thailand standardized their schooling of Buddhism. Excellent book.
>>
>>24403587
>pure, naive anti-intellectualism

(Let me inform the yet innocent among us that among Buddhist 'teachers' it is a very popular tactic to state the most harmful claim directly and confidently ('stop thinking RIGHT NOW!'), and let the shock and disbelief from hearing it trigger an apologetic, empathetic mechanism in the listener ('he--he can't have meant that, surely he means something like that I should stop thinking whenever it's bad for me, yes, that must have been it, oh, he has best intentions after all, and he took care to imply to me that some truths are better stated indirectly, too! he has such great foresight!'), leading him to dismiss the fact that the 'teacher' is hoping (and succeeding) in implanting a residual connotation in the listener (the victim, really), namely the echo of '...I should stop thinking... stop thinking... stop thinking'. The lingering connotation that 'there's something wrong about thinking', which, while on the intellectual level being justified and qualified in ways such as 'thinking is not the end goal of life', is nonetheless more or less slightly going to affect your choice of pursuits.)

(This is just one example of literally thousands of routine Buddhist manipulations, which useful idiots will never learn about.)
>>
>>24402933
>>24402887
>>24402107

There is nothing okay with being transexual. The only situation this is okay is if you A) Start hormone therapy before the age of 14 AND B) Never had your genitals surgically changed in any way shape or form.

Anyone who would willingly put himself in a position of being subjected to ridicule and fling their psychological distress out for the world to see is mentally ill. Its not the concept of wanting to be another gender that is wrong, its the concept that you would fuck yourself over in society like that that makes you mentally ill.

Imagine if somebody intentionally burned their face beyond recognition because they believe it wasn't theirs. Nobody wants to fucking see that, and the fact you would put yourself in that position is messed up.

In the case of genital mutilation, nobody in the right mind would fuck up an organ created for the purpose of fulfilling what you are literally born to do for the satisfaction of pretending to be a different gender.

Lastly, I just want to say that its okay to WANT to be a different gender, and to try taking on a different gender ROLE. But its important to separate reality and fantasy in your life, there are some things that are out of reach for you but you can always make the best of it. A lot of people say stupid shit along the lines of "Shoot for the moon and miss, end up among the stars." But the reality is if you over extend yourself, you aren't going to end up among the stars, you are going to end up in a lonely blackness of depression and hatred that is your sad excuse for a life. Effort and hard work will bring you almost anywhere you want to go, but with that you have to be realistic.

A dyslexic can't be an english professor, and the harder they try the more frustrated they are going to get. Doesn't matter if they believe they are born to be a fucking english professor, they are only going to get disappointed if they keep acting unrealistic.
>>
>>24403824
>most Buddhist texts would rather it be about being generally aware

The useful ambiguity of 'awareness'.

'Just focus on the sensation of your breath, it's going to increase awareness.'
'Just focus on observing your thoughts, it is it that's true awareness.'
'Just understand that everything exists in the mind, that's real awareness.'

Buddhists have ruined that word, getting it to mean adoption of platitudes or catatonic schizophrenic self-absorption. It is literally useless by now and I don't use it anymore.
>>
>>24403888
>an apologetic, empathetic mechanism in the listener ('he--he can't have meant that, surely he means something like that I should stop thinking whenever it's bad for me, yes, that must have been it, oh, he has best intentions after all, and he took care to imply to me that some truths are better stated indirectly, too! he has such great foresight!')

Let me point out the obvious that it is the victim who behaves nobly here, assuming the best of the other person, and that the 'teacher' is consciously abusing this.
>>
Fallout 4 improves a lot upon the formula and in many ways is better than it's 3D predecessors. Changing leveling from stat points to perks works very well for the series. In previous installments you had to closely keep track of which books and bobbleheads you've found in order to not waste stats, this means that you wouldn't be level 100 in a skill until you found all of the books and the bobblehead associated with that skill, most notably this affected hacking and lockpicking. I also find the polish to be far better than the other games, two good examples of this are how enemies move, combat in general, npcs reacting to things, and the fact that it hasn't crashed on me yet. That being said, Fallout 4 lacked mainly in map size and dialogue, having a voiced main character was a terrible idea.
>>
I put like 50 hours into source, mainly surfing though, and then 20 hours into csgo

I have no idea how anyone could put themselves through playing that game for the amount they do, it's the most repetitive game I've played in a long time, the weapon choice is just m4 / ak or go home, and then you're just running around the same like 4 maps over and over, for hours on end with no meta or depth or anything past 'shoot them in the head before they do it to you'. I mean call of duty gets rightfully shit on for failing to innovate, but this is just a joke, all they've brought to the game is making your guns different colours in fucking 16 years.
>>
File: More_like_beige.jpg (71 KB, 369x408) Image search: [Google]
More_like_beige.jpg
71 KB, 369x408
Fallout: New Vegas has one of the best stories in a video game. I'd put it top 5 at least.

Visual Novels aren't games.

CS:GO is trash and ruined the series.

Insurgency is nothing special if you've played COD2/4, ARMA, Red Orchestra, or Battlefield Mods.

Battlefield 1942 was the only good battlefield
>>
>>24403526

> i try and debate people in an unpopular opinion thread

a true robot
>>
>>24403526
>>Black and brown people are inherently inferior to fair skinned people.
>
>[citation needed]
>
>But it doesn't matter anyway because you yourself are inferior to everyone else.
>it doesn't matter anyway

>a point has significant societal implications
>it doesn't matter because ad hominem

READ WHAT YOU TYPE.
>>
>>24404273
>first four points
Absolutely true.
>Battlefield 1942 was the only good battlefield
I disagree with this one. Battlefield 3 was an absolute blast.
>>
File: kek with a smooth flavor.jpg (77 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
kek with a smooth flavor.jpg
77 KB, 700x525
>>24403955
Anon, you put into better words my position on the whole thing. I'm >>24402933 and >>24402107, and I want to thank you for adding to this.

The fact that the other anon is triggered enough to whine on his blog is worth at least 50 keks, give or take.
>>
>>24401842
Hardly an unpopular opinion
At least among the intelligent
>>
>>24402107
Wonderful and well-said ideas that you're espousing here. I agree with all except the one having to do with transgendered people.

I get where you're coming from, but what you're postulating is incorrect. Consider what scientists are saying about transgendered people and revise your viewpoint. However, I will concede that many transgendered people I've met and had encounters with seem to only be going through a "phase." They're all tumblrinas whose personalities are composed entirely of not traits, but affectations; e.g my name is Fauna, I'm aporagendered, I like to watch Netflix and I speak in Dr. Who quotes.

I've known transgendered people who were living with the affliction before it came into vogue, and every one of them was always that way. One was a woman who was, literally for as long as I can remember, much more masculine than not. She had her hair short, didn't have smooth skin or feminine features, and had a grovelly voice, despite "representing/identifying" (a concept that wasn't around back then) as a woman and being named Diane. He is now fully transitioned and is a man, takes hormones, looks fully like a man, has masculine musculature, and is now "daddy" to two adopted foster kids. The difference here is that real cases don't show discrepancy; Diane, now Liam, unmistakably looks and acts like a man at all times. Being transgendered isn't something that changes day to day.

Furthermore, I don't support alternative genders or anything else. People come in varieties of male and female, even to say you are neither or both is a stretch. Anything outside of those four, I just can't support.
>>
>>24402107
>both god and his son exist
>omnipotent, benevolent god lets children starve to death
>omnipotent, benevolent god created everyone, gay people will go to hell because of being born gay
>suicide is a perfectly rational choice, go to hell for killing yourself
>some books are my only proof and I'm 100% sure this is true
Both tumblr landwhales and people like you that like to shove their religions down other people's throats are patns-on-head retarded.
>>
>>24402107
>>24404696
>playing tug-of-definition

Stop.
>>
>>24404773
That isn't the issue, there's only one right definition. There are things scientists are saying and things that tumblr has made up.
>>
>>24403549
>drowning in pussy is the most important thing for YOUR survival
>nerds are all somehow extremely intelligent
>being this retarded
End yourself, Viper.
>>
>>24404874
>there's only one right definition

No. As a person who cares about definitions and believes that it is the physical/genetic makeup that should define the word '(fe)male' and not self-identification, I am informing you that there is no such thing as right or wrong definition. You're strictly no better than the people you're opposing when you insist, 'nope, mine's correct'. You can provide arguments why yours should be chosen -- namely, what would change for (in your opinion) worse if yours were rejected. But that's the extent of what you can rightfully do. Definitions aren't true or false.
>>
>>24402774
Yours truly I thought you were supposed to kill yourself
>>
>>24404952
In other words, by dumbly insisting 'mine's the one', you're only harming your cause.
>>
File: akari akaza.jpg (647 KB, 3312x2968) Image search: [Google]
akari akaza.jpg
647 KB, 3312x2968
>>24401842
There is literally nothing wrong with having a racial preference and those who ironically care about that are just social justice warriors of any kind.
>>
Boomers are a shittier generation than the millennials.
>>
Whites should have ruthlessly eradicated every lesser race they encountered, to the last child.
>>
>>24403955
Idk dude you honestly sound like you're projecting here.

I agree people put way too much of their personal lives out there for other people to see, but that's not inherent to or exclusively about transsexuals.
>>
>>24404570
Oh come on I was obviously joking about reblogging it you guys aren't even fun to troll Jesus Christ
>>
>>24402763

Isn't it amazing that we, as humans, are able to interpret that picture as constanza.jpg?
>>
>>24403719
This to be honest family. Usually I'm drunk when I watch anime so dubbed is just easier.
>>
the us knew a terrorist attack was coming but didnt really act to prevent it in order to invade iraq
like pearl harbor
>>
>>24405625

I have an entire essay on this topic, but its over 10,000 characters so I'm not posting it on 4chan.

It covers everything you can think of, I even mention how the personalities of transsexuals has nothing to do with why they are rejected and that on an individual level they are fairly sociable.

Essentially, its one thing to be self destructive, but to be self destructive publically is a totally different kind of fucked up.

Its because transsexuals are publicly self destructive by showing their faces in public. Their face is a representation of how much so they are willing to force a square into a circle shaped hole just because they believe something that is factual and objectively wrong. Its okay to believe something to, but acting on it is totally different.

Its okay to believe in Islam, but that doesn't mean its okay to go suicide bomb the wine capital of the world just because your book says kill the infidels(which it does, and no there is no context that saves that within the book, anyone who says that is a shitter).
>>
>>24404740

Wow, you really know nothing about the bible do you?

> Yes, both god and his son exist.
> You have no understanding of what it means to be omnipotent. Additionally, god gives all humans free will, and if he were to not let children starve then he would be infringing on peoples right to free will. Starving children may not be a result of their own free will, but they are definitely a result of other peoples.
> Literally even child molesters and murderers go to heaven if they believe jesus died for their sins. It is SPECIFICALLY states that in order to get to heaven you must simply acknowledge that your sins have been forgiven. That is the entire point of jesus dying, why would he die for your sins if you weren't forgiven for your sins?(such as being gay, which isn't exactly a sin btw)
> You go to hell because suicide is giving into the temptation of satan without allowing yourself the opportunity to live for it. That is why he gets your soul.
> Either the books you read are retarded or you are too retarded to understand them.

Also, holy fuck, hell isn't a place of torture. Hell is a place away from god where you live under an inferior being that does not have omnipotence for all eternity. They say it is torture because living on for all eternity knowing burning questions for god will never be answered is a fate worse than even the most unimaginable torture. So yeah, it is torture, but why the fuck would you have your sins forgiven if you chose never to believe in him?

Also, your stay in the afterlife is eternal and all pain you experienced in life will eventually become a faded haze. But why the fuck would he bother letting you stay in the heaven if you never even bothered to spend a few hours reading the book that is considered to be true by the vast majority of successful people?

There are so many implications that make it obvious that its real, you have to be either extremely self centered or extremely stupid to not believe in the bible.
>>
File: horrific_shape.png (99 KB, 236x373) Image search: [Google]
horrific_shape.png
99 KB, 236x373
Fallout 4 is the best fallout game to date.
>>
>>24408570
That pic. Why!?
>>
>>24408570
Please kill yourself you fucking stupid cunt.
>>
>>24404273
Strange that you bring up insurgency. Did it get really popular lately or something?
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.