[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /tinnitus/ here? How are you holding up, bros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Tinnitus.jpg (1 MB, 1950x1500) Image search: [Google]
Tinnitus.jpg
1 MB, 1950x1500
Who /tinnitus/ here?

How are you holding up, bros?
>>
I don't know what tinnitus is but I assume it's when you hear someone talking to you, like I have 4 different persons (I can identify by voice) talking to me basically 24/7, some are really mean (like "hey go up to that bridge and jump down") and others are kind and sweet, but I'm struggling, I really am.
>>
I was born with tinnitus. It really bothered me when I was 4. Now for some reason my brain doesn't even register it to my consciousness anymore as if it never existed at all. It gets better with time. Just hang in there anon.
>>
>>24400485
That's fucking schitzophrenia.
Go see a doctor as soon as possible.
>>
>>24400443
I was about to kill myself because of bilateral tinnitus and some other issues some months ago, but now I'm doing much better. It's like it isn't even there. How are you doing?
>>
>>24400599
I have the same thing, I tune it out now but if I concentrate I can hear it and if I really try I can make it get really loud like there's a mosquito in my ear, I don't do it often though because I'm scared it might not go away.
>>
>>24400622

Why would I see a doctor? They would give me pills that will turn me mad and crazy, just listen, Christine told me that if I went to the doctors they would just brainwash and ruin my life so I'm not going to do that.
>>
>>24400443
Not holding up at all. Probably an heroing soon, and tinnitus is the main reason why.
>>
there's going to be an epidemic of tinnitus in the next 30 years from all these fucking morons blasting music in their cars as loud as possible
>>
>>24400599
Same, I was also born with it and don't really register it unless I specifically "tune in" to the sound.

Kind of like how many people have the ability to tune out the sound of a TV playing near you. The only time I notice is if I'm having a lot of difficulty hearing someone talk because they speak quietly or something.
>>
I have it, it sucks.

I sleep with a fan on even during the winter because it drives me nuts at night.
>>
>>24400443
I found out that mine was related to bruxism. Got splinters and have mostly cured it.
>>
>>24400443
Damn bro! I have that stupid shit for years. I don't even care anymore.
>>
>>24400694
I think bruxism may have caused mine, but it could also be related to medication (it started a few days after I went on zoloft). I should probably get it checked out.
>>
I got it after years of loud concerts and band practices. I have to keep music constantly playing or a fan on for white noise otherwise it drives me insane. But I can drown it out pretty easily.

tfw your hobby is mixing and recording and you have to accept you'll never be great at it because of tinnitus fucking up your hearing
>>
It's starting to get less noticable as time progresses.

I find that smoking and drinking makes it much worse though. Also being tired makes it worse. It's not at the point that I hear it over other sounds, but at night it's definitely noticable.

Wear ear protection at every rave I go to now. Not worth fucking up my hearing over.
>>
>>24400485
>>24400622
>>24400658

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYHVbLLO2bU desu
>>
>>24400679
>epidemic of tinnitus in the next 30 years
You don't think people were blasting music in the cars previous to this decade? Why are the young so stupid? How come you guys believe that all these ills only came to be when you aged enough to become aware of them?
>>
>>24400766
Blasting music through earbuds is a lot more detrimental than speakers or even regular headphones
>>
Didn't some leddit fag post a cure for this? Google it you Beethoven fucks
>>
>>24400766
>>24400790
Fuck, I misread that guy's post as "blasting music in their ears," not cars.
>>
>>24400731
Same hear (or here, pardon the pun). Concerts, listening to the stereo with headphones and volume +++++, my ears ring constantly. Also sleep with a fan going.

It's worst when I'm on my motorcycle sitting at a red light. With the helmet on a lot of side noise is eliminated and the ringing intensifies.

Whoever cures this will be a gazillionaire.
>>
>>24400804
It doesn't work.

>You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>24400766
i'm 29...

all those people probably already have hearing loss. car stereo's are cheaper and 'better' now, so more people have them.

on top of that everyone has fucking earbuds on constantly

shit isn't good.
>>
I have it, I have a cold right now which makes it worse. Especially trying to sleep at night.
>>
Started getting a slight ringing 3 weeks ago. Sometimes it gets louder and sometimes it gets quieter. Is that normal?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.