[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fembot Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 15
File: 1444597831158.png (762 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1444597831158.png
762 KB, 1000x1000
ITT: we give advice to malebots on how to score a date

My advice: don't use internet dating sites.

You're competing with too many guys who just message every girl they see. There are hundreds of guys who try to message us on those sites, and it's IMPOSSIBLE for us to tell who is genuine and has a good personality. You'll just be lost in the crowd.

If you want to find a girlfriend, you should try your friend group. And if your friend group doesn't have girls you like, you should try expanding it and meeting friends of friends. If you meet us like that, we're willing to try you out because we know that you're a REAL person, and your friend can vouch for you.
>>
>tfw friend group doesn't have girls
Why would people who hang out with us know any girls? And what if you don't have any friends.
>>
File: 1426036143140.png (233 KB, 505x505) Image search: [Google]
1426036143140.png
233 KB, 505x505
You forgot the part where you say "Just be yourself"
>>
>>24399359
>you should try your friend group
I don't have friends, and have been unable to make any friends since leaving high school.
>>
awoo~

Comment not original
>>
Could you not associate 3d women with anime as in if you are a girl do not post anime it isnt yours
>>
>friend group
where do you think you are?
>>
Lolcow. Anyhow i gave up on geting a gf anyway.
>>
My advice: Stop trying
>>
>>24399661
>>24399710
It's funny because every time I take down an r9k users info they end up having an entire friendgroup. Either you're NEETs, liars or don't give out your info to make friends and complain when you don't have any.

My advice: obtain or attain something other people want. Start from there. And fix your personality, be nice not because you want something just be genuinely nice and expect nothing in return. Being a good person is better than losing your virginity. You'll soon start making a reputation for yourself and maybe start to adapt enough for people to see "that guy's cool and normal lets invite him somewhere"
>inb4 waah waah social anxiety waah mental disorders waaah
They go to a fucking psychiatrist and at least find a way to make it bearable or controllable. If you aren't trying then you shouldn't be coming here to complain
>>
>>24399359
>''fembot'' gives advice
What would you know about dating?
>>
>>>>>>>friend group
Holy shit fuck off and don't come back
>>
>>24399773
Only normies give out their contact information, what kind of retard hasn't figured that out?
>>
>>24399799
We have inside information on the female species. Its not necessarily about dating. I've never been on a date but I've spoken with females and have seen at first hand what they do with no remorse or serpentry.

Want to trust a guy who they lie and deceive right in their faces? Go right ahead. I know what girls like and want to see. I know what gets them to trust a man and what gets them to friendzone one.
>>
>>24399773
>obtain or attain something other people want
I have a job that doesn't require me to leave the house, and I go part time to uni. People think I'm smart so they ask me to help them study. Never gets beyond that, and I have never once hung out with anyone in a purely social setting.

>And fix your personality
I'm legit diagnosed autist. It's not really something I can fix.

>Being a good person is better than losing your virginity
I'm a decent person but everyone thinks I'm shit because I'm straightforward. There isn't anything I can do to fix this, I've genuinely attempted to fix it before. Also, I care less about losing my virginity than making an actual emotional connection with another human being.

>You'll soon start making a reputation for yourself
I have a reputation for being an aspie that can help people with studying.

>They go to a fucking psychiatrist and at least find a way to make it bearable or controllable
Getting diagnosed didn't help anything.

>If you aren't trying then you shouldn't be coming here to complain
I'm constantly trying. I've picked up new hobbies that require me to be around like-minded individuals, I've tried being social at uni, I've tried making friends with the people I work with/for, I've tried contacting old friends from high school. Nothing has worked. And I'm still trying.
>>
>>24399773
>Being a good person is better than losing your virginity.
Just be a nice guy! girls love nice guys!
>>
>>24399359

this seems like advice for normies

a have some questions

How do i flirt, and how do i talk to a girl. i have literally two modes. boring small talk mode, and "hey uh ur kinda cute"

How do normal relationships work, ive only dated girls online that cheated on me, used me, or were absusive to me?

How do i get a gf if i live in a town of 1000 people, and theres no one like me? just normies and rednecks.

and what if my only friends are loser robots like me who dont know any girls?
plus... how do i hide the fact that im awkward. ugly and im a piece of shit. any normal girl would leave me for chad and rub him in my face when she realized im not normal. and im a piece of walking human waste.

...please help me i dont want to die alone i just want to feel loved
>>
>>24399846
The only retards are the robots who can't post a throwaway email or skype. That must means you all cause your own loneliness.
It takes less than a minute to make a shitty gmail can you just man the effort for once?
>>
>>24399870
>implying the reason is because we care about the information itself
I have dozens of throwaway and anonymous email addresses etc.
What I do not have is any interest in talking to self proclaimed fembots who know nothing here to give meaningless platitudes and counterproductive advice.
>>
Obviously there are no actual succubi here. Guys trolling guys.
>>
>>24399850
This is what girls actually believe.

Women dont know what they want
Robots dont know what women want
Chad does not give a shit what women want
>>
>>24399773
In your criteria i will always be shit or bad person because i have no friends.
So why the fuck should i even try, if i'm such an evil repulsive shit like you think i am?
Also
>be nice
I was nice when i was a kid but then i understood that it wouldn't get me anywhere and i stopped being verybody little monkey
>>
>>24399799
Fucking this.

>just hang out with your friends until a girl you like approaches you ;)
>>
>>24399865
Stop memeing. I am trying to tell you not to be slaves to pussy and be your own person. It's enough being isolated everyday and even when you step outside. Might as well do a few acts of kindness, so that even if you didn't amount to anything you didn't make life worse in any way only better.

>>24399864
Being smart is not enough. Try going out of your way, I saw some normie with crutches looking sad. I took my time to walk up to her and speak to her, I told her of she needed help with anything email me I'm always available. And she was just trying to ask for a page of notes I sent everyone else. The look on her face when I offered more than she wanted to ask? Priceless.

But you're legitimately autistic. There really isn't a solution for that. You'd need to learn how to identify what behaviors you shouldnf have. Behavioural therapy is your only option if you can't do it alone.

Your straightforward trait needs to stop. Clearly that's a part of being autistic, a normal person knows when to be straightforward and when not to be.
But like I said find more than just being The aspie who can help others study. If you're trying can you tell me what you've done so far?
>>
>>24399891
Hit the nail on the head amigo. Generally i actually have luck with girls by just talking to then like i do guys, but with a few more questions about them scattered in. Dunno if that'll help fellow bots, but i'll try to help if i can
>>
>>24399931
I've been cold approaching with a little success. Am i....could i have been chad all along?!
>>
File: 1309042261767.jpg (57 KB, 1024x907) Image search: [Google]
1309042261767.jpg
57 KB, 1024x907
>>24399359
Sorry Momiji but i don't want a gf anymore.
>>
op fuck u u a faggot. you're not giving us advice as a FEMALE, you're giving us advice as a NORMIE. go back to facebook, we dont want your help and we dont need it.

im a girl with no friends and i absolutely hate people like you i rather be left alone than hang out with trash vermin like you

saged
>>
>>24399891
Stop memeing. If what you said was true then observation and diagnoses would be useless and people would be walking around with no mental restraint.

If you want to play the "womyn mysterious creatures card so I stay ignorant" then thats your problem.

>>24399921
I never said you were evil or shit for not having friends, I just said some people here lie about it.

There's your problem, you wrent being nice. Kindness encompasses actions where you expect nothing in return except for having helped in some way. You're an asshole. You expected to get compensation in some form and that is completely dependant on others since you can't get the satisfaction from yourself.
I'm saying to do what little acts of kindness you can, maybe you see someone in a situation you experienced and hated, help them out of it. You may not be a Chad or socially successful but you weren't some selfish sack of shit and you did what little you could. I can't speak for others but that's the one thing that redeems me in my mind. It feels great to see others a little but happier or at ease.
>>
>>24399359

>friend group

Where do you think you are? Also most friend groups I see are pretty small and close knit by college.
>>
File: 181372.png (41 KB, 237x256) Image search: [Google]
181372.png
41 KB, 237x256
>>24399359
What friend group?
>>
>>24399931
Last time I checked that wasn't what is being posted throughout the thread. You guys want to dismiss any bit of help given to you, then you're in your situation because of yourself. It's so easy to circlejerk about things being wrong and not trying, or sitting around complaining. It harder to take the steps in knowing there's no instant gratification in life so you have to keep up at whatever you're doing if you want to see results.
>>
>>24399850
>female species
Do you know what a fucking species is?
>>
i tried
my friends vouching for me meant they were making cringeworthy comments which probably freaked out the girls i wasnt too much interested in anyway, so my "game" was none existent

only way i could get laid or get girlfriends is being alone or ppl i barely new

but that was years ago and i lost the will to try again
>>
>>24400057
It doesn't matter, you know what I mean. Stop trying to pick meaningless arguments.
>>
>>24400015
>just be nice
>it worked for me
no fucking wonder it works for the girls
actually everything works for them
>>
>Anon, you're so quiet. Why don't you ever talk? You should talk more!

What does this mean, Momiji? Every single girl I have ever met says this. Even when I'm not in a social situation involving them. Do girls constantly need someone to talk to them? How do I talk if I have zero (0) interest in water-cooler small talk nonsense?

Awoo~
>>
Hey robots I just came here to tell you not to listen to female advice since women think backwards and don't know what they really want.
>>
>>24400127
It's like you aren't even reading what I'm posting.
I'm trying to tell you guys to let go of your pussyhunt and fix your personalities and how you view your lives.
>>
FUCK THIS WORTHLESS ROTTEN CUNT ADVICE

SOMEONE POST MORE AWOOO
>>
>>24400142
I'm a guy and i've been in this situation a lot. Typically i'd try to talk to the girl(s) that say that a bit more, maybe drop in a "hello" or "how's it going" every few days. They just wanna talk to you, anon, just dont expect gfs. Friends can be expected though, and helps with eventually getting a gf
>>
>>24400127
>>24400155
Let me also add. I just told him he wasn't being nice.
Let go of your expectations. I never said i was getting anything other than self content back. I don't have friends, bfs, and no social life. But I can remember that somebody else is having it easier because I helped.
>>
>>24399359
>if your friend group doesn't have girls you like, you should try expanding it and meeting friends of friends. If you meet us like that, we're willing to try you out because we know that you're a REAL person, and your friend can vouch for you.
baka desu
normies should just Kill themselves desu senpai
>>
>>24399939
>You'd need to learn how to identify what behaviors you shouldnf have.
When I'm in a situation, I am 100% unable to know what I'm doing right or wrong. I can't participate in the situation and pay attention to myself and other people at the same time.

>Behavioural therapy is your only option if you can't do it alone.
I went through behavioral therapy in the few months following my diagnosis. I was diagnosed as an adult, and it was about a year and a half ago. The therapy led me to become more withdrawn and not speak as openly as before. That, in turn, led to no one talking to me at all.

Along with the diagnosis of Asperger's, I was diagnosed with apperceptive prosopagnosia, sensory perception disorder, echolalia, and rhythmic movement disorder. The echolalia has died down more recently, it's mostly just repeating words silently, but sometimes I repeat phrases when I'm alone. So it isn't much of a hindrance. However, the prosopagnosia and SPD are issues. I am unable to tell faces apart and identify facial expressions. This is something I've tried to learn for a very long time, even before an official diagnosis. I can only recognize people based on hair, clothing style, voice, and setting. There have been times when people come up to me in an unexpected situation, and I don't recognize them. I believe they take this personal. As fore the SPD, I have over sensitivity to ordinary sounds, smells, and touches. It's very difficult to ignore smells as it oftentimes makes me sick to my stomach. Many sounds give me headaches, or inhibits my concentration. And normal touches like handshakes make me extremely uncomfortable.

>Your straightforward trait needs to stop.
Every time I've tried to stop this, I end up not talking because I'm not sure what's okay and what's not okay to say in a given situation.
>>
>>24399999
Welp I guess you know what it is.
>>
>>24400185
sounds to me like you're fucked
>>
>>24400180
God, socializing is so difficult. I'm expected to just strike up conversations I have no interest in having with these people? I just want to go to work, do my shit, then go home. Maybe if they had something cool to talk about like WW1 or something. Every conversation I've had is just small talk or something about whatever thing they did recently (an extended small talk topic).

gg no re
>>
>if your friend group doesn't have girls you like, you should try expanding it and meeting friends of friends.
Also don't forget to go to every party you're invited to, silly robots!
>>
>>24400224
Yeah, i know my man. I still dread a lot of small talk, but eventually people let their hair down with you so to speak and will open up with more interesting stuff. And occasionally you find that someone is interested in your interesting stuff, and then relationships happen. That first small talk phase happens to everyone though, i know it blows
>>
>>24400155
>want a girlfriend
>your problem is wanting a girlfriend

i know you are a really young woman (or bait) but can you be less stupid?

real advice to guys from man:
get money
dont be fat
dont be afraid of you being a sperg
take care of your appearence
move out, learn to cook, drive, wash and clean

you will be shot down again and again
you will be laughed at
if it gets to you, you lost
keep going (or not)
nothing is guaranteed
never take advice from women, they have no idea what they want
>>
If you want a gf, don't ask them on a date as soon as you meet them.

Befriend them first, pretty much every girl will not date someone who "only sees her for her looks". They will only date friends. Try getting to know multiple girls for a month, as friends. This can be online or whatever. Make sure to have fun and enjoy yourself. Do not sure it as an opportunity to complain about girls to other girls.

After the trial, confess your feelings. They will likely already be attracted to you because you're not "shallow". If this doesn't work for you, then you are going after girls who are out of your league. If you look normal, stop trying to date girls who look like Katya or something.
>>
>>24400185
I'm sorry, but you seem to have actual serious problems unlike the other robots in here.
How did the therapy make you more withdrawn?
I can't comment on your other issues. That's something that if medical expertise can't fix you're fucked.
As for not wanting to say when not being straightforward, just lie or make a joke. Practice and search up some jokes. Or ask questions, I usually ask people to elaborate or explain why. Then just nod okay.
>>
>A fish giving advice on how to fish

wew lads.
>>
>>24400264
There's more to life than sex and girlfriends. You can't get a girlfriend if you can't fix yourself first.

Your advice is shit because even homeless men get laid. There's been 2 threads this month where homeless men have gotten laid. So keep pretending your normie advice is going to work on r9k.
>>
>>24400266
Kek, confessing as robots know it is pretty bad, but i know what you mean. Telling a girl i really like them first is almost always a disaster. I usually let them kinda tell me how they feel about me first, before i pour in the cringey lovey dovey stuff.
>>
I have a crush on a girl in my class. Lately been talking to her and her friends alot, and became buddies with one of her male friends which is now my "wingman". Doesn't look like she likes me in any other way than as a friend.
>I'm pretty good looking
>I'm one of the smartest in class, so is she
>She told me I'm the funniest guy she knows.
Wat do
>>
>>24400286
>a fish on an anonymous imageboard feels sorry for all the terrible fishermen, and so decides to give advice
>unsuccessful fishermen tell other unsuccessful fishermen to not listen to the advice
>they all continue to not catch fish

wew lad
>>
>>24400342
I laughed heartily. But anyways, as a "fisherman" here, i'm trying to help if i can, i dont wanna see my robros sit here forever alone
>>
>>24400310
I'm giving advice from the point of view from men who have successfully asked me out and what they did before that.

I would never have feelings for someone who doesn't know me at all. I've had multiple dudes see one picture then one day later, confess. These are usually people I block or remove because they come off as shallow perverts. I instantly think they are trying to use me and don't actually have any feelings for me.
>>
>>24400015
I have a decent sized friend group where there are many girls. I am generally nice and I've had multiple girls call me a really great guy. I'm still a KV so what's my problem?
>>
How does one talk to girls?
>tfw the last time you had a conversation with one was 10 years ago
>>
>>24400015
I helped people because it was the right thing, but then i understood that they couldn't give a shit about me anyway and why would they i was already being my parent's dancing monkey there's no way they could control me if i was already being controlled.
I learnt that i couldn't get satisfaction with anyone else so i did the obvious thing and i did what i had to do and stopped expecting things from people now i only predict what will happen based on experience, just like i did with your reply. I don't expect something to happen i know what will most likely happen but it doesn't matter anyway because something or nothing will happen i will deal with the consequences of the situation that's gonna happen
In your eyes i'm an asshole which is another branch of the "evil" tree, words like creep, dumbass, faggot, bastard, cunt, motherfucker have the same origin which is the notion of evil, but the interesting part is that people use the words that originate from the notion of evil to control you.
you're an asshole if you do something i consider bad
you're a dumbass if you don't follow my ideas
you're a bastard if you hurt me
You're racist/dumb if you don't agree with
And it goes on and on, the only thing that matters to me is the reason why you gonna exert control over me., also there's no pure altruism you'll feel good helping people therefore you're obtaining satisfaction from other people
>>
>>24400307
id assume a robot doesnt want an std ridden whore with mental issues, but go ahead, hope you will be the lucky homeless
retard
>>
>>24400426
You're in a friend group full of men more attractive/appealing than yourself.
>>
>>24400420
Yeah, i gotcha. Men dont instantly see women and go "she needs to be muh waifu" unless they're a little crazy or desperate, i tend to say "she seems nice, i want to talk to her". I think most robots are kinda blinded by loneliness though, and should just focus on making friends before a gf. Gotta learn to walk before you run, and all that normie stuff
>>
>>24399359
>friend group
lol nice b8 m8
>>
>>24400470
Good luck to you anon. You seem pretty cool. I'm sure you'll find someone.
>>
>>24400459
Yes I completely agree. For whatever reason, I had no friends until highschool, then I become best friends with a chad and since then, basically all of my friends have been chads or close to it. But I can't fix that, they are my friends.
>>
Shit threads so far lads desu senpai
>>
>>24400506
The answer is don't date within your friend group.
>>
File: 1447714688522.png (210 KB, 352x553) Image search: [Google]
1447714688522.png
210 KB, 352x553
>agrees to a coffee
>later makes an excuse as to why she can't make it
>stops all contact
>later notice her hanging around with some guy

I'm not mad because I wasn't hoping for much in the first place, but I don't understand why she would agree if she had no intention of actually going.
Femanons explain.
>>
>>24400427
Simple small talk is a safe bet for cold approaching, although cold approaching is usually not effective, unless it's in a school or work environment where you'll definitely see her again. Asking things that you know you both in common is also good. Talk about a subject in uni or about how easy/hard work is at first, then see where it goes. Try and get to know a girl before saying that your gonna gf her, and you'll do fine
>>
>>24400528
Oh okay, thanks my life is changed forever now. Who could've thought of that except this smart mutherfucker right here.
>>
>>24400537
sounds like she's just a bitch

move on anon
>>
>>24400561
Nah, she's a nice girl, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>24400218
Th-that's what I thought.

I'm so lonely

>>24400272
>I'm sorry, but you seem to have actual serious problems
Y-yeah. My therapist also suspected I might have klinefelter's, but I never got blood work done to confirm it.

>How did the therapy make you more withdrawn?
The therapy was aimed mostly at trying to get me comfortable with recognizing social cues and general body language, as well as getting me to be more careful with what I say. The result ended up with me being too focused on trying to recognize specific movements and being frustrated when I couldn't recognize something, as well as being too careful about my words to the point that I could no longer contribute to conversations. I was warned going into the therapy that it was not likely to work as intended because I received no treatment as a child.

>just lie or make a joke
I'm not really sure what I would lie about. And I've tried jokes, but they usually don't result in laughter. It's more often that things I say genuinely result in laughter. And I'm typically not sure if they're laughing at me because I did something wrong or not.

>Or ask questions
This is something my parents always criticized about me. I have not told my parents about my diagnoses I never ask questions in social situations because I never really think about things I want to learn from specific people. Sometimes I'll ask questions that relate to my personal interests, but most of the time I don't think of any questions to ask.
>>
>>24400537
Did you talk to her between that? You said something that set off a bunch of red flags and spooked her out of meeting you.
>>
>>24400498
Oh, i got someone, but i wanted to help my fellow robutts. I was one of them a couple months ago
>>
>>24400557
I gave this advice >>24400266 if that's helpful to you. This is advice for online dating though basically because I am a NEET and don't meet men irl.
>>
So there's a girl that seemed cool, but she's gone and I never got her number. But I know someone who has it. Do I
>just call her up even though she never gave me her number?
>get the person to ask her if it's okay to give me her number?
>get the person to give her my number?
>>
>>24400671
Let the person give them your number. The suavest option there. It's what i'd do anyways.
>>
>>24400605
I've done that plenty of times just too be rejected and essentially friendzoned.
>>
>>24400578
I didn't speak to her in person, no.
Guess I probably fucked up somewhere when texting her and creeped her out/sounded like a beta.
Oh well, lesson for the future I guess. No need to dwell on it too much.
>>
>femanons giving advice how to get woman
>most of robots were raised by single mothers
that will end up good
>>
>>24400671
Can you meet her again? Does she have facebook? Don't get her number from someone else.

Try to strike up a casual conversation with her online, talk a little and have fun. Then say something like "I have to go do something for a while. I wish we could talk more but I can't stay online. Could I have your number?"
>>
>>24400576
Damn. You sound so unlucky. I just wanna be your bro and help you out (cyborg) but you're probably a continent or two away
>>
>>24400697
I thought it might be, but I'm also a bit worried because she's a bit shy so she might not call me. Also I guess that societal roles dictate that the man should be the one chasing the girl and all that, no?

>>24400725
Nope, can't meet her and she's not on facebook as far as I can tell unfortunately.

You think I should just let her go?
>>
Thank you sempai! I'm going to delete all my dating accounts now and go into the real world.
>>
>>24400769
Your only option is the "let [x] give her your number." She will say hi to you if she likes you at all (such as a friend or whatever). Girls are friendly and don't like upsetting people.
>>
What's a good first date for a robot who's absolute shit at making conversation?
>>
>>24400769
Well, if she's that shy, then try and get her number from your friend then. If she likes you at all she'll be ok with it
>>
>>24399359
>try your friend group
I want to die so fucking much
>>
>>24400307
>There's more to life than sex and girlfriends.
like what? it seems like something is missing in my life and that's the only thing i have never experienced before
>>
>>24400769
If you're interested in that cunt go for it. Think rationally for a second: What could happen? You're ether rejected and keep living like you do now except you now have closure. Or you two actually meet up eventually and it might work out.
Look at so many of us on this board feeling terrible feels because they didn't contact someone.
>>
>>24400722
Weird assumption. Most robots were probably not raised by single mothers. Maybe shitty families but the father was likely there.
>>
>>24400807
As bad as this sounds, a movie. You won't need to do much talking there and by the time the movie is over you'll have something to talk about (what you just watched).
>>
>>24400826
A girl would instantly reject you if someone else gave her number to you. There's no "possibility" or "what would happen" here.
>>
>>24400828
I know I was and I know she is a gigantic bitch (different anon)
>tfw you can't NEET because your mother lost your apartment twice before you even finished compulsory education and you had to find your own place at the age of 15
>>
>>24400828
Mine wasnt. But instead of being fatherless, i pretended to be the dad to my siblings. Turned out ok. But anyways, fatherless anons are a majority by now, or are quickly becoming one
>>
>>24400750
Yeah, being diagnosed with multiple neurological disorders at a point where treatment will do basically nothing is not great. At least I have a house and job at a younger age than most, which means I can make friends, r-right?

Also, I'm in the southwest US, not many on arcanine are around where I'm at to begin with.
>>
>>24399359
In what way are you a fembot if you've had relationships and you assume other people have a circle of friends?
>>
>>24399359
1. no such thing as a '''fembot'''. females cannot be robots by nature of sexual selection
2. therefore malebot is redundant as all robots are male
>>
File: 5787563535.jpg (10 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
5787563535.jpg
10 KB, 255x198
>>24399359
>you should try your friend group.
>>
>>24400807
Interests, hobbies, dreams, work, school, etc.

The most basic things two people trying to get to know each other discuss.
>What do you do for work?
>What do you do for fun?
>What music do you like?
>>
>>24400803
I hope you're right, anon. I think I might try this, I just hope she isn't too shy or it doesn't make me look too beta.

>>24400812
I guess it all depends on how shy she is. Whichever option I choose, I can't go back, can I?
If I do end up calling her, should I mention how weird it is that I got her number off her friend, or should I just not mention it at all?
>>
>>24400881
quiet down malebot.
>>
>>24400896
C-can I talk about the books I've been reading? I think they might be too esoteric (lots of books dealing with formal logic, semantics/pragmatics, the two world wars), is that bad?
>>
>>24400828
>assumption
if this wouldn't be you first day here, you would know it's true
every thread of shit parenting is full of single moms children
>>
>>24400934
Mention what books you enjoy but dont try to describe the entire book or educate her on the subject.

If she's interested in books you read, she will ask. Ask her what books she enjoys too.
>>
>>24400854
>I know how every girl in the world will react
Just because women can't into logic doesn't mean they all think the same. I can confirm that at least one woman has reacted to someone who got their number from a friend because personal experience.
It will obviously depend on how used to male attention she is and whether she perceives you as creepy. Since anon has met her before I'd say his chances are decent, and certainly higher than if he didn't do anything.
Ideally you would meet her in person over your mutual friend who has her number, anon. Is that in any way feasible?
>>
>>24400807
I always say an activity. Pool/billiards, bowling, mini golf. You can always talk about the game activity itself during a lull in the conversation. It allows to be quiet at times to concentrate, while you think about what to say next. It can also allow you to get close if you pay your cards right, without the commitment of the yawn and stretch while watching a movie. It also gives you a good way to check them out without being too pervy.
>>
>>24400912
It's a "cant go back" situation for sure. And i'd mention it casually that you're friend gave you the number. Only because you meant to get it before but didnt ask
>>
>>24400944
Ahh, I never read those threads because I'm so sour about my family that I don't want to be reminded. Makes sense.
>>
>>24400826
Oh, I'm def going to give this one real shot. I just want to make sure it's the right way, because I only get a chance like this once every 5 years.

>>24400854
For real? See, these are the kind of landmines I'm trying to avoid.
>>
>>24400866
Yurop here. I'm sorry anon, if it means anything to you I wish you the best of luck.
My advice is learn to draw. Specifically portraits. Faces and expressions are normally interpreted by our subconscious, but if you understand likeness and the way parts of the face move during different expressions you should have all you need to interpret basic reactions to what you say.
Of course I don't know if autism somehow interferes with you learning this, but it's essentially just measuring.
>>
>>24400807
One time I went with a guy to an amusement park for a first date and just rode a shit ton of roller coasters. There's minimal small talk and lots of touching from being scared as fuck of heights
>>
Is there no one that can offer me advice? I really just want a friend.
>>24400576
>>
>>24399773
I'm the joke in my group of friends, because I'm the nerdy virgin or whatever. Introducing me to girls always ends up super awkward, because even if we joke around, it becomes clear really fast what all this is about.

And don't come up with being smooth or whatever. I got the "I have a boyrriend" when I asked some random girl where the next bus stop is.
>>
>>24400934
You can! But determine how detailed your description of the books is based on her level of interest.

When I explain books I'm reading to people, I try to explain the gist of it in once sentence, then if they ask questions, I elaborate until they stop asking questions.

If she is into those things you will likely have a big long conversation, but if she is not into those things then it may be shorter. Same as with friends, really.
>>
>>24400983
Should I be like
>"Hey I hope it's okay that I got your number etc"
or more like
>"Got your number from ____, want to go out some time?

Also, I was thinking of getting the friend to ask her if it's okay first. Or is that too much? I just don't want to be a creepy stalker-y dude or put too much pressure on her or anything.
>>
>>24400966
The action of getting her phone number without asking her is automatically creepy. Has this ever worked for you or are you just guessing?

Men have contacted me exactly like described and avoid them instantly because they seem obsessive and creepy. Also knowing that two people discussed you without your knowledge will make her feel like a puppet.

This isn't about "girls being different". It's about what anyone would assume in that situation. If someone runs at me with a knife, I don't stand there thinking "Well, not all knife holders are the same, he might just run past". First impression is too important to ride on chaotic small chances.
>>
how much alcohol does the average grill require before she blacks out?
>>
>>24400896
What if you only get short answers out of them?
I feel like I should have a bunch of stories to tell, but I'm a no-life loser so I got nothing.
>>
>>24401090
it's called chloroform
>>
>>24400987
See>>24400966
this is an original post. It menaces with spikes of hyperlinks. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
>>
>>24401099
assuming i'm at a bar and i'm observing a stacy drinking too much. how much should she drink before i pounce?
>>
>>24401095
If you get short answers it can be for a lot of reasons.

If you ask her about books for instance and she says she likes fantasy, ask her what kind. If she says she likes New Weird fiction ask her why she likes it and what about it appeals to her.
>>
>>24401068
Yeah, I'd definitely ask the friend if it's alright. If they know your girl, they should know if it would be ok to let you have her number or not. As for telling her about it, dont worry so much. Just be like "hey, this is anon, meant to get your number but didnt get the chance to ask. Got it from (friends name), hope thats alright. Hit me up if you get the chance."
>>
>>24401099
wow, that's rly fucked up.
>>
>when you stop asking people for advice because you know they don't have more insight into life than you do and they cannot help you
>tfw you think you almost understand your situation but you aren't sure if you can change it, or even if you want to
>tfw expect to be friendless until death
>>
>>24399359
>If you want to find a girlfriend, you should try your friend group
>friend group

You really have no idea do you?
>>
File: 1417092141869.png (2 MB, 1980x1113) Image search: [Google]
1417092141869.png
2 MB, 1980x1113
>>24399359
>friend group
>friend

I guess I better kill myself.
>>
>>24401095
Short answers mean they don't want to talk but they are being friendly or they are busy.

Just leave them alone for a while and talk the next day or something. Asking questions will keep someone's interest. Especially shit like "I love the The Office." "Omg me too, what's your favorite episode?"

Try to find something you have in common so they feel like they can relate to you then drag out the subject you both love.
>>
>>24401186
Don't talk that way to a fembot, she's here because she relates to our problems
>>
>>24401025
It's really difficult to explain prosopagnosia. It's like, I can see a face, and recognize that it is a face, but I can't recognize changes in the face. Like, if you show me a series of pictures of just faces, no hair, and no color, I have no ability to tell them apart. If you narrow it down to individual features, I can recognize what those are, but I can't differentiate. I can tell people apart by skin color, hair color, body type, clothing style, voice, hair style, and setting. I can recognize body language as well, if really big if I really pay attention to recognizing it. In which case, I will lose track of whatever conversation is occurring.

It's a really basic thing to be missing, and it makes me feel like shit when people get mad that I don't recognize them.
>>
>tfw no black femanons in thread
sucks desu senpai
>>
>>24401074
I agree that there would be better ways (see last paragraph of what you replied to), but I can also confirm that grills will not label you off as a creep with a 100% chance if you get their number from someone because as I mentioned I have had that shit work. And I'm not Chad, I'd say my looks are decent by male standards and lower average by Stacy standards. I don't lift either. And OP said that he met her before, if they got along there she shouldn't react negatively.
>>
File: awoooo.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
awoooo.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>24399359
I didn't read any of that but awooooo
>>
>>24400966
>Ideally you would meet her in person over your mutual friend who has her number, anon. Is that in any way feasible?
Sadly not really, her friend is more of an acquaintance at best. I actually tried to organise a get together through her, but she wasn't into it. I think she doesn't really want to hang with the acquaintance, or maybe she sees it as me liking the acquaintance more?

Anyway, do you think it would offset the creepiness if I get the acquaintance to tell her I want her number and ask if it's okay with her first?
>>
>>24401212
No, she bdelieves i'm bad because i don't have friends just like all the normies, she goes on and on about kindness and shit but does it matter if people label you as a bad thing because you don't meet their requirements?
Of course it doesn't matter why would it, i just need to be myself and somehow people will go beyond their superficial assumptions, because that always happens, right?
>>
>>24401216
Have you ever tried comparing two faces side by side and measuring the individual features to see where the differences lie? It's really hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that you can't learn something that is just recognition of sizes and shapes.
Is it basically like an optical illusion where you can confirm the difference in line length/color /whatever if you measure but just can't see it without?
>>
>>24401194
>Short answers mean they don't want to talk but they are being friendly or they are busy.
Sheeeeeet, is this what people really think? I just have social anxiety disorder, senpai.
>>
>>24401309
I was being sarcastic, mate
>>
how should I approach this girl doing the same course as me? I want to spread my seed before I die
>>
>>24400011
But female is normies
>>
>>24401300
That would probably depend on the grill. Use your best judgement skills. Does she probably get a lot of male attention? Did you get along? Would she remember you? Would it benefit more if she associated you with her friend so you're more than a random guy or if she didn't perceive you as a guy who asks for permission on everything? If she isn't *that* shy and you two got along I'd just give her my number if I were in you shoes.
>>
>>24401331
Yeah, social anxiety usually means you don't want to talk. there's obviously more reasons for not wanting to talk other than "I dislike you."
>>
>>24401331
Yes. This is what people think. If you wanted to talk to someone and they only gave short answers it would be very difficult to keep a conversation going right? So they assume you do it because you don't want conversation right now or in general.
>>
oh my dear fucking lord the female mentality is fucked beyond repair
Hard to figure out who is a good guy? Time and time again we know women reply to good looking guys, so that idea is simply thrown into the trash.

Fucking next. Done with women.
>>
>>24401152
Only problem is that the friend isn't super tight with her. So you think I shouldn't get the friend to ask for permission first?

>Just be like "hey, this is anon, meant to get your number but didnt get the chance to ask. Got it from (friends name), hope thats alright. Hit me up if you get the chance."
Mostly sounds good, but I feel like I should keep it short and sweet, and not over explain myself, if that makes sense.
I've also heard it's better to be specific about setting up a first date, or do you think I should leave it up in the air?
>>
>>24401056
Nick is that you??
>>
>>24401074
what the fuck? are you that afraid of being raped? some guys are desperate because they havent talked to a gril in months. i was slaving away at uni and work and i'm not a bad guy at all but when i talked to girls i guess i always went too fast. i havent spoken to one in 8months though but that analogy is garbage. getting stabbed could kill you, giving a guy a chance who seems initially too eager is not going to do anything tbqh.
>>
>>24401439
Hm, well, i'd still ask the friend if it's alright. But i thought you were just trying to talk to her more, if you're going the first date route i'd maybe specify a bit more. Although i'd advise another talk or two to gauge her interest in you. As far as the short and sweet thing, thats probably better, but i'm not the person to ask for that, i'm long winded af.
>>
>>24401319
Side by side, I can more often tell the difference. I won't always be able to recognize it, but I have more of a chance if I can actually measure differences. I guess the easiest way to explain it is that there's no memory imprinted when I see a face. It's not a memory issue, it's an issue with the development of the part of the brain that recognizes faces. It's to the point where if you show me a picture of three faces sequentially, and then ask me to pick the order in which they appeared, I will not be able to do it. I don't know if that's something that other people can understand.
>>
>>24401377
Hmmm, a lot of good points.

>Does she probably get a lot of male attention?
Probably less than average because she is pretty different, but then again I hear a girls have guys orbiting at all times.

>Did you get along?
Not the best, to be honest we're both quite awkward. But I feel like I never gave it a real shot.

>Would she remember you?
Yeah, pretty sure.

>Would it benefit more if she associated you with her friend so you're more than a random guy
I feel like I'm already more than a random guy, and the friend with the number isn't really any closer to her than I am. Actually, the association could be harmful.

>or if she didn't perceive you as a guy who asks for permission on everything?
This is the tough one. Either I'm a permission-seeking beta or a creepy stalker.

>If she isn't *that* shy and you two got along I'd just give her my number if I were in you shoes.
I don't think she's super shy, but maybe not confident enough to overcome the feminine role of being the called and not the caller.
Of course, maybe she doesn't like me at all.

Tough call. Cheers for all the thought you put into that, I got some thinking to do.
>>
>>24401574
By talk you mean just exchange of few txts over a couple weeks or so?
Yeah, I could see that working. I'm a total beginner, so I have no idea how to start a relationship, I just assumed you went on a date first.
>>
>>24401585
If it's basically memory-related it makes a lot more sense to me. I somehow missed that detail until now. That really fucking sucks then. Only things I can think of would be making mental notes of someone's facial features in word form (wide mouth, crooked nose, thick eyebrows, beard....) and trying to recognize these features in a person approaching you or finding some other loophole that stores information in a different part of your brain (shapes). This is probably ridiculously hard.
Other than that, if that memory is really basically untrainable your best bet is explaining your problem to people you care about and try not to give a shit about anyone else. Good luck anon
>>
>>24401706
Well, just see if she sends you one line texts, or something substantial. If it's the latter, ask to hang out in person sometime, strike when the irons hot and all that.
>>
>>24401319
read a book called The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat if you're interested in prosopagnosia
>>
>>24401637
>shittons of orbiters
Yeah from what I've seen it's pretty bad, but not as ridiculous as /r9k/ says. If she's shy she's probably not taking advantage of them on purpose so they won't flock to her.
Good luck with the thinking anon, godspeed
>>
Not a girl but don't show interest if you want them to like you.
>>
>>24400576
>>24401050
>I never got blood work done to confirm it.
Get it.

>The result ended up with me being too focused on trying to recognize specific movements and being frustrated when I couldn't recognize something, as well as being too careful about my words to the point that I could no longer contribute to conversations
It's better not to focus when speaking, in your case. Most people are braindead and saying the most vague things will get them to agree with you and keep a conversation flowing at a comfortable rate. How about trying to incorporate mainstream things in with your straightforwardness? Just an idea.

>not sure if they're laughing at me because I did something wrong or not.
Any examples of what you've said that resulted in laughter? I can tell you if they were laughing with you or at you with an example.

>This is something my parents always criticized about me.
I've had many great teachers throughout my education, and since I was an outcast that's where most of my tim went to. I was always told to hold a spirit of inquiry and never accept things as they were, even for test scores. It is not disrespectful to ask questions, that is just what authority figures tell you to keep themselves in power.

If they cannot answer your question they are wrong. I was criticized for it too and still am but it won't stop me. Asking questions means you're open minded and willing to learn and seek the truth. Just take what information they've given you [the person you're speaking with] and ask any question about it; who, what, where, when, and why are questions as well. Try working on the simple ones and then move on to longer questions when you get used to it. And this process won't be easy or short, take everything one step at a time. If anything try to write things down and map everything so that you don't end up focusing on the end results (example: trying to recognize specific movements in comparison to trying to recognize only one specific movement).
>>
>>24399359
>my advice: be chad
That's literally all I gathered from your shitpost.
>>
>>24401786
>>24401745
Thanks guys. I'm gonna be proactive for once!
>>
>>24401730
>trying to recognize these features in a person approaching you
Man, I've tried that. I tried that even before I knew what prosopagnosia was. I thought it's what everyone had to do. I can recognize people based on non-facial features, though, so it's not terribly often that I don't recognize people. It doesn't always work though, especially with people I haven't seen in a long time.

>your best bet is explaining your problem to people you care about
I still haven't told anyone in my family about any of the diagnoses. I don't think I'm comfortable doing that, and I feel like they would just feel really guilty about not noticing any of it. And other than my family, I don't have anyone close to me. I plan on letting them know if I get close to anyone.

>>24401801
>incorporate mainstream things in with your straightforwardness
Can you give me some examples?

>examples of what you've said that resulted in laughter
Most recently, I called someone stupid because they were being stupid. Sometimes, people will laugh when I greet them. People have laughed when I criticize professors at uni when they make mistakes. That's all that comes to mind.

>It is not disrespectful to ask questions
I know it's not disrespectful, but I just never think of questions to ask in the moment. If I have time to plan, I can come up with a question, but that's usually only for questions I have in school.

And, just to be clear, my parents criticize the fact that I don't ask questions.
>>
>>24401801
>>I never got blood work done to confirm it.
>Get it.
Forgot to answer this. I'm not sure what the purpose of confirming it would be. The only outcome would be that I could maybe get a testosterone prescription. The only possible issue that I see coming from it in the future is that I'm likely infertile. And there isn't much that can be done to treat it at this point.
>>
"If you want to find a girlfriend, you should try your friend group. And if your friend group doesn't have girls you like, you should try expanding it and meeting friends of friends. If you meet us like that, we're willing to try you out because we know that you're a REAL person, and your friend can vouch for you."

I dont have a friend group. what now bitch
>>
>>24401907
that's too bad

you know what they say

you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
>>
>>24402398
Give some good advice for once
>>
>>24402036
>Can you give me some examples?
Lets say you want to call someone an idiot. You could say they're as stupid as Miley Cyrus. The normies will start memeing at that point and you'll be seen as normal.
You could also use politics, current events and movements, movies, popular literature. At best it's a demonstration of not being too far from them even if you are.

> I called someone stupid because they were being stupid.
They weren't laughing at you. No reason to laugh at that, probably laughing because it was unexpected for someone to say such thing.
>Sometimes, people will laugh when I greet them.
Are you sure it is when you greet them? Do you do any hand movements? If you're normally greeting them and they are laughing, they might actually be smiling in return.
>People have laughed when I criticize professors at uni when they make mistakes.
Then they're laughing at the professor, not you. This is a given. People in my courses correct the professor and we all laugh when he sees it's wrong.

> I just never think of questions to ask in the moment. If I have time to plan, I can come up with a question,
Then you need to practice, like I said start small with (who what where when and why) so that you DON'T have to plan. Soon it will become easier. Being able to ask questions is more of a basic ability everyone should have.

Oh then it was my mistake, they were right to criticize you. asking questions is an important part of communication and living in general.

>>24402168
>I'm not sure what the purpose of confirming it would be.
If you don't feel anything prescribed will help, then don't confirm it. But it is good to know what you're dealing with and accept anything that might alleviate what you're going through.
>>
>try your friends group
>"OMG guys, I like, just can't have guy friends without them all hitting on me!"
>"what's wrong with all these guys"

dating is a losing game no matter how you look at it, so why even fucking bother at this point, when sex bots and VR is coming in the next 10 years
>>
>>24402395
>I dont have a friend group. what now bitch
and I wonder why....
>>
How do you make friends when you're weird as fuck?

I feel like most people just feel something is "off" and try to avoid me.
>>
>>24402579
fake it til you make it.

Everybody does things that others think are "weird." Just don't let it get in the way of your personal life
>>
>>24402505
>You could also use politics, current events and movements, movies, popular literature
I'm very interested in politics' and current events' impact on economies, so maybe I could work in political knowledge I have. I don't really watch many movies, I get uncomfortable when I watch them and I usually can't look directly at the screen. I'm not sure why. And most of what I read is nonfiction. Of the fiction I've read, it's mostly been more classic stuff, and some more recent stuff like Cormac McCarthy.

But, yeah, I guess I could work in Donald Trump or something like that.

>Are you sure it is when you greet them
I'm pretty sure it is. It happens whether I say "hi" or "hey" or "what's going on." And it happens whether or not I wave. It seems like the only pattern is that they laugh when I greet them. Keep in mind these aren't friends of mine, but they're in the same class as me. Really the only time we talk is when they ask me questions about the class.

>They weren't laughing at you.
This makes me feel a bit better.

>like I said start small
I can ask questions, but I just don't ask small questions like that because, personally, it feels like a waste of time. The questions I usually ask are either met with very long answers, which I like, or "I'm not really sure what the answer to that is."

I really appreciate the help, by the way.
>>
I have a question to women regarding sex robots, or technowaifus, whatever you want to call them.

Do you think it will significantly alter the female community at large in some way?

Would it be better? For example, rapist not needing to rape because waifus, pedos not needing to molest because waifus etc.

Or would it hurt the females, as in, there won't be enough males out there to date?

Because as it stands right now, I'm guessing a lot of males would jump right on that shit, if they made robots realistic enough.
>>
>>24403241
I don't know about women in general, but I look forward to it. I'm dying to buy a technohusbando
>>
>>24402561
oh no i called a woman a bitch. clearly i deserve misery for the rest of my life

as a side note: maybe she is a bitch, how would you know otherwise?
>>
>>24403241
i'm gonna be pissed if we don't have quality fembots in my lifetime
i don't even care if i can have sex with it

robot girls are my fetish
>>
>>24403241
The autism in those post is immense. I didn't know delusional retards like you even existed.
>>
BE URSELF GUYS :D :D

ITS

LITERALLY THAT EASY
>>
>>24403447
go fucking kill yourself roastie toastie
>>
>>24402930
>It seems like the only pattern is that they laugh when I greet them. Keep in mind these aren't friends of mine, but they're in the same class as me. Really the only time we talk is when they ask me questions about the class.
Then they're definitely not laughing at you for any malign reasons. I have done the same and I'll be met with a laugh sometimes. It's harmless and you shouldn't worry.

>I can ask questions, but I just don't ask small questions like that because, personally, it feels like a waste of time. The questions I usually ask are either met with very long answers, which I like, or "I'm not really sure what the answer to that is."
I understand how it could feel that way. But the most important part of it is getting practice and carrying on the conversation. Most conversations you have in life will be pointless or fruitless. But that doesn't mean they aren't important. It still demonstrates your ability and normalcy [according to them], and as long as you get the skills necessary out of it, that's what matters.

Don't read too much into people, for the sake of your issues with reading and remembering faces, just recognize the basic ones: happy, annoyed, angry, neutral. It's all you need, and reading too much into people is putting in energy you don't need to for them. They don't actually matter.
Only your friends and family matter, it matters that you understand them fully. Remember, nobody is actually giving a shit about how you feel normies do what they want.

And once you find a close friend (I really hope you do one day), you can tell them about some of your problems and they will accommodate you.
>>
>>24403501
>go fucking kill yourself roastie toastie
My balls sag lower than yours, you contemptible autist.

Sex robots? Waifus? Memes aren't real, you fucktard.
>>
>>24403241
>Do you think it will significantly alter the female community at large in some way?
Nope. Nothing actually compares to a living female.

>Would it be better? For example, rapist not needing to rape because waifus, pedos not needing to molest because waifus etc.
Nope. Most rapists are actually sick in the head. Raping a robot isn't rape, the robot doesn't give the same responses or lives with the consequences those sick bastards derive pleasure from. And if you think child robots will be created for pedos, think a-fucking-gain.

>Or would it hurt the females, as in, there won't be enough males out there to date?
Nope. Men will just use it to replace giving themselves handjobs, but for relationships? Only the most degenerate and lonely betas will do that. But it won't fill the void, which they have to learn the hard way.

>Because as it stands right now, I'm guessing a lot of males would jump right on that shit, if they made robots realistic enough.
They would jump on it for sex only, and it would still be discrete. I'm quite sure females would also get male sexbots, and I am a hundred percent sure males wouldn't like that at all. (BBC sexbot).

The sex toy industry is not going to flourish or become of society. It's just like the fact that we don't look upon slaves and slave raping as anything good even if they were spoils of war.
>>
>>24399359
I dont have friends, also i was always most hated person in my "friend groups" and i doubt any of them would vouch for me
>>
>>24403590
Well then, why don't you just get some new friends?
>>
File: 1340413520688.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1340413520688.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>24399359
>your friend group.
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>24403590
You need therapy, it may not seem like it now, but you're going to wish you went now 5 year from now..
>>
>>24404111
>You need therapy
I love how normies think that therapy is just like a magic pill that invariably fixes all of your problems.
>>
>>24403769
I dont have job, i am college dropout also, i live from parents money, so i dont think anyone want to befriend someone like me, i am repulsive to other people
>>24404111
Attented therapy when i was in hs, actually 2 different specialists, cant see any difference, maybe cause of their indolence, or because i had not known what exactly was my problem (i still dont really know either)
>>
>>24399359
Be honest
Talk about what hurts you and scares you
Talk about philosophy with me
Love me and don't be hurt when I'm hurt, as in don't be hurt *because* I hurt.
>>
>>24404327
I was kind of in your position for a while, now I live with a friend in a nice house and I have a job.
Some advice; live as a neet for a while. Not for too long, but it's important that you learn to deal with your anxiety and depression before you try to face the "real world", if you don't, you'll get knocked on your ass, possibly for good.

Start slow, start applying for jobs you know you shouldn't get. Do it anyway. Keep sending CV's out until you get something that fits you.

Don't do what most anons tell you and go for any shit job. Not all of us can handle working at McD's, for example. It may seem easy, but it's too much stress.

Also, apply for all the gov. benefits you can. Autismbux, anything. All of it.
Keep looking for a job until you get it. Depending on your contacts/race/sex/willingness to work/experience + another thousand factors, you'll probably get one eventually. Probably IT or something.

Do it, seriously, do it. Work and do your job if it's something you can MENTALLY HANDLE WITHOUT BREAKDOWNS and keep doing it.

It's hard but there it is. Being an adult is 90% about getting a job and sticking to it. The rest will fall into place, or are not worthy of mental space until you get that job.
>>
>>24399359
>tfw you'll never have Momiji as your daughter
>>
>>24399661
>I don't have friends
don't be such a drama queen.
I'm sure you you have *some* friends.

If you want to have a deeper relationship with your friends, and have "true" friends,
then you should hang out and talk with them some more.
>>
Ignore what Stacy here is saying. She just wants a walking wallet to show off to her friends
>>
>>24404990
>I'm sure you you have *some* friends.
A friend is someone you interact with outside of obligations such as work or school. I have no one like that. The people that interact with me at school do so because I do well in school. The people that interact with me at work do so because they have to if they want to keep their job.

As it stands now, I've asked people that I thought could be my friends if they wanted to hang out or something similar, and I've been rejected. I've even asked people for their number and they have said that they lost their phone, when I've seen them using it the very same day.

You can also reference the reasons I've had issues making friends, if you'd like
>>24399864
>>24400185
>>24400576
>>24401216
>>24401585
>>24402036
>>
File: gerau.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
gerau.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>24405255
>Autism

look friend, people don't want to hang out with you because, more than anything, you bore them.

You don't know how to follow basic conversation structures.
You don't know when to stop talking about stuff you want to talk about, and letting someone else talk.
You ignore body language and doesn't appriciate subtlty.

Please, and this is to all autists out there:
practice. Just talk to a fucking mirror, or a youtube video, fucking anything.
Conversing is a skill which is needed in life.
Autist never learn it, which is why everyone thinks they're weird as fuck.

Seriously, I had an autist try to talk to me for 3 FUCKING HOURS about Hearthstone. I don't know anything about heathstone. I've never played that game. Did he care? No, of course not. HE WANTED TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Seriously, fucking develop fundamental human emotional conversation skills.
>>
>>24403503
>I have done the same and I'll be met with a laugh sometimes
With some groups, it happens almost every time I greet them. Those ones typically have stifled laughter though. They're the ones that make me worry about it the most.

>But the most important part of it is getting practice and carrying on the conversation
I can do conversations fairly well, as long as they're not something mundane, otherwise, I lose concentration very quickly. I think I'm going to try to be interested in small talk, and try to ask questions.

>just recognize the basic ones
I know this might be hard to understand, but, no matter how hard I try, I can't understand what facial expressions mean what. I can tell a lot better based on language and tone of voice, but I even have issues with the latter. I also have issues expressing my own emotions, which I think a lot of people have.

>Only your friends and family matter, it matters that you understand them fully
I think I understand my family fairly well, though sometimes they get mad and say I have a really abrasive personality. My older brother in particular gets upset about the things I say and the way I act. He's the one I understand the least out of my family.

>I really hope you do one day
Th-thanks anon.
>>
>>24405411
>Seriously, I had an autist try to talk to me for 3 FUCKING HOURS about Hearthstone. I don't know anything about heathstone. I've never played that game. Did he care? No, of course not. HE WANTED TO TALK ABOUT IT.
And what did you actually wanted to talk about then?
Also
>Everyone in r9k is an autist XD
It's meme dipshit people get shitty social skills in all kinds of ways not just autism
>>
>>24405411
>look friend, people don't want to hang out with you because, more than anything, you bore them.
Thanks senpai.
I try to be more aware when I'm talking about things that interest me, but, a lot of the time, people won't interrupt me so I assume they want to hear about it.

>You ignore body language and doesn't appriciate subtlty.
Subtlety is something I really can't learn. It's really difficult to explain it to people who understand it naturally.

>Conversing is a skill which is needed in life.
It's not necessarily needed, but I doubt I can make any friends without it. I have a job, a house, and can take care of myself without it. I'm just lonely as fuck.

>Autist never learn it
A lot of them can't. I can't, I've practiced a lot, but it takes too much focus to recognize body language while in a social setting.

>Seriously, fucking develop fundamental human emotional conversation skills.
I mean, that's what I lack. I lack something fundamental, and it's not something that can be learned if I don't already have it.
>>
>>24405411
>>Seriously, I had an autist try to talk to me for 3 FUCKING HOURS about Hearthstone. I don't know anything about heathstone. I've never played that game. Did he care? No, of course not
I learned the lesson some time in high school that literally nobody is interested in shit I did in a video game or what I'm doing with my computers. so I shut up and don't talk about it.
Then everyone's on me for being too quiet and boring. shikata ga nai
>>
>>24405486
He literally said he was an autist, though. And that's a thing autists do. They don't know how to smalltalk
Seriously, I have things I like, too.
Doesn't mean I fucking talk to Berta at work about mid 90s midwestern emo music for 2 hours, though, because she doesn't care.
That's something I've learned. Autist may be slow to learn this, but it's something vital that they have to learn.
>>
>try your friend group
"But I don't have any friends"
>KEK sure you do, don't lie
This is why females are shit.
>>
>>24405825
Just hold on until sexbots, friend.
Keep holding on for the golden age.
>>
Getting with strangers is an elite tactic only achievable by Chads.

The only way for a real robot is through social circles. It's a long process, inserting yourself into a group, club etc without sperging it up or getting outcast.

It has to be something with a roughly equitable gender balance to prevent princess behaviour from girls and lapdogs from men.

Some kind of class/meeting/group outside normal work hours is ideal. Learn how to make friends with humans. Go from friend to confidant/close friends and when comfortable or compatible enough try swerve into girlfriend.

Don't - for a second - try approaching strangers. Others do it better than you ever will, and no twist or technique will ever make it work for you.
>>
>>24405971
>class/meeting/group outside normal work hours

How? where?
>>
>>24405608
>I try to be more aware when I'm talking about things that interest me, but, a lot of the time, people won't interrupt me so I assume they want to hear about it.
People don't interrupt you because they don't want to seem rude. This is a basic conversational skill they learned.

>Subtlety is something I really can't learn. It's really difficult to explain it to people who understand it naturally.
I totally get that. Which is why you practice. Please just practice. Watch videos and movies and just TRY to pick on the subtle changes in peoples faces of their body postures. I promise it will pay of if you keep doing it.

>It's not necessarily needed, but I doubt I can make any friends without it. I have a job, a house, and can take care of myself without it. I'm just lonely as fuck.
That's why you need it. Keep practicing. It's a disorder, not a death sentence. I have friends who have aspergers (2 in fact), they are both doing just fine in life because they learned how to understand basic human emotion and speech patterns.
Think of it like a pussle. Just solve it and understand it. Keep at it!

>A lot of them can't. I can't, I've practiced a lot, but it takes too much focus to recognize body language while in a social setting.
This is plain wrong. Anyone can learn it. It just depends upon how much time you put into it. Like any skill/art. This is vital.
Keep doing it. I have disorders, too, that I have to work on every day. We all have shit, to deal with, and so should you. No excuses.

>I mean, that's what I lack. I lack something fundamental, and it's not something that can be learned if I don't already have it.
YES YOU CAN YOU FUCKING FAGGOT.
It's not something inate. It's not something you learn right out the womb. It's something YOU DEVELOP.
You were stunted, I give you that. But you can still do it.
Seriously, you're as bad as the HAES feminist if you belive your own words.

Everyone can learn, change and adapt. You can, too.
>>
>>24406008

Depends where you are in your life?

If you are in education in any form, there's a thousand opportunities to join a club and simultaneously improve yourself, pick something new up, meet people, and get involved in social activities.

If not, any kind of paid evening class performs the same function. There's always a social element. Just pick something you want to try or learn, at the very worst you have that to go on.
>>
>>24406008
this. where the fuck do normies go to meet people outside of class or work?
>>
>>24406153
>paid evening
>paid
I dont like this
>>
>>24406153
what if you live in a uni town but graduated so you cant do uni activities anymore?
>>
>>24406210
>>24406219

I don't know how things are where you live - but surely if it's in the developed world there are relatively cheap, or free, events or classes you can go to in the evening?

It's not about signing up for a 12 week masterclass and spending $500 on the off-chance that there's a good gender balance and a healthy social group. The point is that robots will never pull random, cute, girls in bars or clubs or the typical normie spaces. That takes extreme charm, confidence or experience - usually all 3. The best way to gf is through being a steady friend in an environment when it isn't 50 guys and 5 girls (like online games or nerd/geek things). The friendzone meme exists because of idiots who pick girls well out of their league or in environments where they never have a chance.

If you learn how to actually make friends in the first place, irrespective of if it's with a possible future gf, then that's a massive bonus. If you do it while bettering yourself or enjoying yourself, even more so. Do not 'be yourself', improve yourself.

If you strike out/get outcast/fuck it up - you're still in the black, and a better person for it. Unlike if you go around trying to pull some PUA shit.
>>
>>24406143
>Please just practice
I have practiced. I can't I LITERALLY CAN'T recognize facial expressions.

>they learned how to understand basic human emotion and speech patterns
I understand emotions and can tell what people are feeling based on language and tone of voice. The latter is very difficult, but I have learned to understand it better.

>No excuses
There are literally parts of my brain that are used for fundamental things, like recognizing faces, that are completely undeveloped.

>YES YOU CAN YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>It's not something inate. It's not something you learn right out the womb. It's something YOU DEVELOP.
I don't think you understand how congenital disorders work.

>But you can still do it.
Oh I can still do things that my brain literally can't? Great, I'll just keep practicing looking at faces until it just clicks, right? You're not much help.
>>
>>24406324
>there are relatively cheap, or free, events or classes
How to find?
>>
>>24406403
Maybe I'm not any help, oh well.

It just breaks my fucking heart to see people like you suffer, because I have seen it first hand many times in my life.
I know you're not bad people, and I know you can be befriended. Loved, even.
Just see a profesional, please?
Someone specializedin autism and aspergers.

I have seen it myself. People can get help, and they can get love and friendships, too.
Just don't give up, anon.
>>
>>24406426

For you? No idea.

For me? University was perfect. Spent 2 years sitting in my room playing WoW, skipping class, sleeping all day, and ignoring the world. Spent the next 2 years forcing myself against my will and in great distress to join all manner of clubs and groups, going to social/evening events that they held and normalising myself to that environment to the point where several friends were girls. Which ended in a relationship when one of them happened to be right for me and we already felt comfortable with each other and knew what each person offered and lacked.

I know people who applied the same principle at work, or by joining cheap/free evening classes at nightschool/community college/adult learning centre (whatever you call it). One through taking up a martial art, another through Salsa dancing classes.

The only points to bear in mind are:

1 - Don't fall for the friendzone meme, it only applies when you aren't in any situation to actually be the boyfriend of a girl. Wrong girl (too hot for you), wrong social environment (sausagefest), wrong everything.

2 - PUA and Bar pickups are Chad tactics, not going to work for anyone without ridiculous self-esteem, self-confidence, genetics and gym.
>>
>>24404695
i appreciate honest advice, thanks
>>
>>24406498
>It just breaks my fucking heart to see people like you suffer
I'm not suffering, I'm just very lonely. I'm doing well in life other than not having friends.

>Just see a profesional, please?
>Someone specializedin autism and aspergers.
I did for a few months following my diagnoses. I was told that since I was diagnosed as an adult, therapy would likely not have a significant effect. The result was me being more aware of what I do wrong, but I am rarely able to recognize it in the moment.

There wasn't anything they could do about my SPD or RMD that wasn't drug based. And there is no treatment at all for prosopagnosia The therapy for echolalia was done along with the AS therapy. Result being that I silently mouth words in repetition instead of doing it out loud. Which, I think at least, is a good outcome for adult therapy of a cognitive disorder.

>Just don't give up, anon.
I'm not giving up. I want to make friends, and I'm asking questions in this thread, as well as others.

I do appreciate the attempt at help.
>>
>>24406498
>It just breaks my fucking heart to see people like you suffer

This is what this entire thread boils down to. It's about you trying to feel better about yourself because you tried helping some helpless robots with shit advice. Just fuck off. I have 0 need of your pity.
>>
>>24406998
>It's about you trying to feel better about yourself because you tried helping some helpless robots with shit advice
I mean, he called me a "FUCKING FAGGOT" because I can't learn things that are controlled by parts of the brain that I don't have. So it's not like he's trying very hard to give advice. And, because of that, I don't think he feels very good about himself.
>>
File: 1447454624466.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
1447454624466.gif
2 MB, 480x481
>>24399359
>my friend group
GET THE FUCK OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 200_s.gif (46 KB, 385x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
46 KB, 385x200
>>24399359
>Friend Group
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.