[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else stock shelves overnight? It's a decent job for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 67570_1361390102.strefa.png (787 KB, 720x509) Image search: [Google]
67570_1361390102.strefa.png
787 KB, 720x509
Anyone else stock shelves overnight? It's a decent job for a robot but man is it depressing. Also general wageslave thread I guess.
>>
>>24397201
Over night? I didn't even know, that that's a thing! Do all shops do that?
>>
at least on nightshift you can bring your ipod or something
it's a lot worse during the day
>>
>>24397223
I imagine only larger grocery chains, ones that could afford to keep it running 24/7 even if closed
>>24397250
Not with my manager
>>
Yeah, me. I live 5 minutes from the place and usually work late night so I pretty much get paid to listen to music and podcasts.
>>
File: 1408704880228.jpg (41 KB, 389x386) Image search: [Google]
1408704880228.jpg
41 KB, 389x386
>tfw thats unironically my dream job

simple, easy, appeals to my autism of stacking and organizing, at night, little to no interaction.
>>
>>24397326
I think night shifts are bad for a robot trying to better themself. I worked nights for a few months. Working nights well and truly fucks with your sleep and as you said makes you depressed. It also kills all motivation to do things productive like exercise, make meals, learn things etc. I think it's better to get a day job.
>>
>>24397250
yeah and you don't get customers asking you shit 24/7
>>
>>24397525
This. I'd prefer the actual job at night, but the consequences aren't worth it.
>>
It's not simple and easy. It's hard work and you are bossed around by a supervisor the whole time. The worse part is you get treated like dirt and make min wage.
>>
File: 0D7.gif (500 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
0D7.gif
500 KB, 500x313
Yes

$14/hr to exercise and not socialize at all, plus a shitload of overtime pay because always understaffed during holidays

Little to no customer interaction
>>
Work at a supermarket, not shelf stacking though. Probably going to be asked to be moved to that. Seems like the best job you can get in retail. When i have helped out before, time went really fucking fast, so even though the task is monotonous it goes by quickly.

All the other jobs i've done there time crawls and having to interact with customers on checkouts ect sucks.
>>
I do closing shift sometimes and the kind of people that do overnight ALWAYS look shady as fuck, like the kinds of people you'd avoid on the street. That and hideous sheboons.
>>
>>24397614
Oh, it's just me and some middle aged dudes all they do is bitch about their kids so they don't bother me much. They're pretty quiet otherwise.
>>24397542
>It's hard work and you are bossed around by a supervisor the whole time
Yeah the owner actually WARNED me about the supervisor when I was hired we've gone through two people in the 8 months I've been there.
>>24397525
I was thinking about maybe taking a job that actually forces me to socialize just to try it and see, when I do have to deal with customers (just before closing and just after opening) I'm pretty good at faking it.
>>
>>24397699
I clean a night club and I get talked at by drunk fun loving normies constantly. It was really good for my confidence.
>>
>>24397201
I did this until I got fired for allegedly fucking shit up-but the truth was I didn't get along well with my coworkers, I was rude and didn't get into the bullshit ass kissing. I believe in working hard, not sucking dick. Working nights really fucked up my moods too, I'm a morning person not an owl.
>>
File: just fuck my society up.jpg (1010 KB, 3112x3461) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my society up.jpg
1010 KB, 3112x3461
it has been scientifically proven that all workers are exploited and have a right to rebel against the bloodsucking parasites who rule over them
>>
Sales... get no commission either.

12 dollars an hour. Trying to raise postgrad tuition whilst doing an undergrad.
>>
Who /thanksgivingandblackfriday/ here?

And I hear we'll be getting no bonuses for it either. Man, fuck this.
>>
>>24397929
That is a problem about jobs, sometimes your boss wants you to worship them and crosses the respect boundary. We need more bosses striped of their positions for acting like massive cunts.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.