[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fashion For what purpose? "Care about what other people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1422206069230.jpg (144 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1422206069230.jpg
144 KB, 800x1200
>fashion
For what purpose?

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -- Lao Tzu
>>
>>24396610
You have to care to a certain extent unless you want everyone to avoid you.
>>
It's caring what other people think about you only if you follow the latest trends and dress in a conformist manner.

Fashion in general is a statement about your personality. When people see you in blue jeans and a graphic T-shirt they'll think you're boring. And that's justified completely, else you wouldn't think women who dress like sluts are sluts.
>>
how does interest in fashion correlate to caring about what others think?
>>
>>24396656
Some of the most interesting people I know wear blue jeans and simple shirts. They worry about more profound things than fashion.
>>
>>24396701
The way a man dresses reflects his personality, lifestyle or at least some minor traits. Those people in question can be the greatest philosophers of our time, but that doesn't mean that the way they dress doesn't say anything about them, be it a good or a bad trait.
>>
>>24396610
Fashion fundamentally is nothing more than fixing flaws in your appearance using clothing.
Trendshoppers are silly, and usually end up looking like fashion victims. See /fa/'s waywt threads.
>>
Fashion is what changes every season, style is the thing that's yours.

Think of fashion as a constantly changing display of art and take what works best for you to make your style.
>>
>>24397008
>display of art
Why?
>>24396983
>flaws
Subjective
>>
I think some people use it as a way to get attention and feel better about themselves because they have shit self esteem, or some use it as a way to express themselves.
I have a friend who worries way too much about what people think and tries everything possible to look as good just so she can get some attention and make people compliment her to make her feel better.

I like dressing nice to not only express myself, but because I like it, and I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks of me, which gets me a really positive response without even asking or wanting any no matter what. It really depends on the person I guess.
>>
>>24397026
Art is a method of expression.
Expression feels good.

>>24397055
word
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.