[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mum puts me in touch with some girl I used to hang around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1383059440003.png (564 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1383059440003.png
564 KB, 719x719
>Mum puts me in touch with some girl I used to hang around with when I was 8
>Meet her, things going ok but suddenly she cuts meeting short and goes home
>Call her a couple days later, no reply
>Chalk it down as fail with women number 23532324, delete her number
>Get a call from her 3 months later
>She wants to meet again
>During meeting truth comes out that she was annoyed with me (surprise surprise)
>I had said "can you even afford it?" after she informed me that she planned to start driving lessons, she found this patronizing apparently
>Also said I was quiet as fuck as if I didn't want to be there
>I tell her straight that I keep quiet precisely because of scenarios like this.
>"I wanted to make a good impression and I always seem to say the wrong thing so I said nothing to be safe but then you claim I was being aloof"
>"But predictably the one time I did say something it happened to offend you"
>"So I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't"
>Mfw she totally doesn't understand and tells me to leave again for being too quiet like an hour later
>>
She understands. I understand. It's just fucking stupid.

You aren't damned if you do. You're only damned if you do something stupid. So don't say stupid shit.
>>
>>24396439
>"just b urself"
I think you missed the part where I said that whenever I do talk I say the wrong thing.
>>
>>24396439
>>24396439
how do you know whats stupid and what isnt
>>
That is funny senpai.

But yeah, you messed up a little by bringing up someone's personal finances for no good reason. But she fucked up too by just straight up acting bitchy and exiting.

To me the situation worked out just fine, because both of your personalities would have eventually driven each other crazy anyway. Definitely not something to beat yourself up over.
>>
You suffer from a superiority complex even though your life is literally worthless because of your crippling autism.
>>
>>24396416
>I had said "can you even afford it?"

I think like this too, but normies are not very frugal
you came off as a sperg
>>
Try to fix your ridiculously out of place superiority complex because you sound like USDA Grade A douchebag.
>>
>>24397408
>>24397474
I'm not the OP, but what superiority complex are you talking about? Or are you normies spouting shit you don't understand?
>>
>>24397506
>I tell her straight that I keep quiet precisely because of scenarios like this.
>"I wanted to make a good impression and I always seem to say the wrong thing so I said nothing to be safe but then you claim I was being aloof"
>"But predictably the one time I did say something it happened to offend you"

This whole bit screams "I have no confidence in myself but I wrap it up in my own self fufilling prophesies." Plus the tone of the texts make him look like he's lashing out for homegirl dipping on him.

It reeks of insecure, self absorbed douchebag
>>
OP, she found you annoying because... you are fucking annoying. Seriously, try to do something about your autism.
>>
>>24397558
No it doesn't and that has nothing to do with a superiority complex. It's more of an inferiority complex.

He told the truth too, he was unconfident cause he was afraid of fucking up and he actually fucked up. But of course because women don't think rationally but with feelings she didn't (want to) understand what he was trying to say.
>>
>>24397713
So in the end it's all her fault for not accepting him as the sperging autist he is.
>>
>>24396416
i think you are most definitely a robot. like...not just the 4chan kind.
>>
>>24397506
>reasoning with normalfags
Stop

Next they'll tell him to bee himself
>>
>>24396416
>she totally doesn't understand

She understands.
You don't understand.
You're a stupid little shit that cannot understand anything about the world.
Have fun being that retarded ugly guy for the rest of your life.

>>24397408
Correct.
>>
>>24397735
No one said anything about ehose fault it is. Sure OP is probably a sperg an people dislike spergs. What i'm arguing is that people say OP is a douchebag or has a superiority complex.

He only tried to make the best of a situation he was afraid of happening, and it did happen. Then when he tried to explain why he acted that way people get offended. No one here is actually at fault, but the woman could have been more open minded and actually try to understand what OP was trying to say.
>>
>I tell you I'm taking driving lessons
>You ask me if I can afford it
>implying that you think I do things i can't afford, or that you think I don't have much money
I mean if she wasn't an insecure dipshit she could have made a sarcastic remark like
>no, I can't afford it. I'm paying for them with canadian tire money
But both of you sound equally retarded.
>>
>>24397735
>>24397735
i hope youre kidding, women flake all the time, even with normies
>>
>>24396416
>tells me to leave again for being too quiet like an hour later
Is she 15? She sounds like she's 15
>>
>>24396416
shut the fuck up brandon
>>
>>24396416
Jeez man, you need to sort your shit out.

Why did you ask her if she can afford it? Unless you're a close friend of someone, you shouldn't question someone's ability to budget. If you're going to talk about money with someone that, in this case, is basically an acquaintance, you need to keep it in an empathetic tone. For example:

Her: "I'm planning on starting driving lessons."

You: "Oh yeah? That's a good idea. Shit's expensive though eh?"

Here you've acknowledged that you're interested in her idea, while putting out a feeler in regards to money. If she says, "Yeah, it's a lot more than I thought it would be," then maybe you can talk about being able to afford, or how she plans to pay for it. If she mentions her parents or someone else is covering it, then you don't need to fucking talk about money any more. Move on to how she feels about the experience itself, "are you excited to start? Nervous?" She might be telling you about the driving lessons because she's nervous about going and wants some fucking moral support. Maybe she's just excited and wants to share that with someone.

I'm sure plenty of you think that's just "normie fucking bullshit" REEE etc. But if you genuinely want to be able to talk to people, you need to consider how it makes the other person feel.

All of that shit is split second decisions that happen on the fly.

>how am I expected to know that

You need to practice, you can start by apologising and explaining your autism. When I say something that's fucking retarded, even if I find out later like you did, I would apologise because I probably didn't intend for it to come across that way at all. I would explain that I was genuine interested/concerned about [insert scenario here].

Bit of a ramble, but you can't just say you're fucked whichever way you go. You need to learn how to talk to people, and practise. You can't blame anyone but yourself.
>>
>>24396416
brandon the scripter stfu
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.