[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I didn't realize Uni deducted points for attendance.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Guys I didn't realize Uni deducted points for attendance.

I'm a first semester freshman who managed B' s in all his classes while barely going to class. But now it seems they're taking off letter grades left and right for my attendance.

How fucked am I?
>>
Better fake depression to your professors
>>
>>24395013
Honestly a lot of it was depression. Also stuff like my twin brother, the person closest to me in the world, attempted suicide.

Made me not want to do anything but smoke weed and forget about everything.
>>
>>24394979
Tell your professors you've got extreme social anxiety
>>
I thought they gave you an automatic fail if you miss too many classes these days
>>
college classes never take attendance
>>
>>24395078
Most classes don't take attendence. Ones that do deduct like 15% of your grade.
>>
>>24395090
They do these bullshit things with clickers in class as a way of getting participation credit.
>>
Seriously though guys do your first semester freshman grades matter at all?

I'm not in a program but I need to maintain a B average to keep my scholarship. Are they lenient on first semester with things like this.
>>
>>24395112
>enroll in a physics course
>check course materials
>online textbook and exercises behind paywall
>"clicker" which is just a cheap chink RFID device that they tried to charge $90 for

University. Not even once.
>>
>>24395128

Nope but the good thing is freshman year is the easiest to recover from
>>
>>24394979
>>24395128

You should have read your syllabi. Some of my classes have taken attendednce but they were mostly bullshit humanities classes for my general ed. No upper division science class has ever taken attendance for me. If you don't show up and study the material you don't pass. The students know this and the professors know this.

Also

>I need to maintain a B average to keep my scholarship.

If you're too poor to afford college maybe you should try trade school or landscaping or something.
>>
>>24395340
Ugh. I'm such an idiot. We're supposed to register for our next semester classes in four hours and I just learned about that today.

I have dealt with a lot of shit this semester, between crippling depression, family issues, increasingly worse DP/DR, and phantom pain that left me unable to really do anything for the first half of the semester. Should I contact advisor and tell her about this? Will it help you think?

Sorry I know I'm an idiot kid.
>>
>>24395439

Advisor can't do much but offer support. If you worried about grades it's the professors you must talk to
>>
>>24395439
I dropped out of college my first semester because I was depressed and didn't want to do it. Three years later I went back to school. I have a 3.7 gpa and I'm a senior working on a Molecular/microbial biology major with a biology minor. It's going to take me 5 years to finish school but bio degrees are unit intesive and I'm also getting the minor. Also my first few years I took random classes with know end goal in mind and that set me back but I should be done in a year. I graduated high school with a 2.3 gpa and did not care about my education at all . Maybe taking some time off of school is the best thing for you.
>>
>>24395500
Sorry, I'm drunk, my minor is in chemisry.
>>
>>24395436
Ha, I can landscape your mom
>>
>>24395500
I wanna give it another semester. I really started to make some positive improvements towards the end of this one. I dunno, it will also kill my mother if I failed again like this.

My grades on what I get back haven't been the problem I've been happy with how I've been doing on tests and quizzes. It's everything else.
>>
>>24394979
didn't you read the syllabus?

>>24395013
this except you probably don't need to fake it. go to the counseling services now. a lot of kids show up towards the end of the quarter (especially in finals week) because they fuck up or are stressed and it's tough to get an appointment. at least, that's how it is at my state school.
>>
>>24395032
damn, with stuff like that, especially with your brother, you could probably get special consideration
its best if you've been talking to a therapist for a while and can use that, but even still
>>
>>24394979
First year doesn't matter unless your second year is highly competitive due to being engineering or med or law or something.

Go to fucking class.
>>
>>24395436
this
they take attendance for labs, otherwise the only course i've ever had mandated attendace is humanities (sociology, which i dropped, art history, which i dropped, etc)
i've given up on doing non-science courses at this point, i just want to get my fucking degree and get out of here
>>
>>24395607
No. Haven't been to a therapist or been on any medication in years.

>>24395612
I know senpai

>>24395625
The only lab I had allowed you to do the work at home so I never showed up
>>
>>24394979

Use charisma if you have it.

That's how I graduated high school and stayed popular even when my Nazi views became well-known.
>>
>going to college/uni
seriously how do we get rid of the normalshits here
>>
File: 1442578580224.jpg (237 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442578580224.jpg
237 KB, 500x500
Can someone please tell me why professors in college take off for attendance? I can understand for shit like science, where you need to do labs in class, but for any other class, if your coming in, doing the tests, and turning in homework, then why can't your grade be decided on that?

It's a waste of my money to be at the college, not the professors.
>>
>>24395688

Some professors care about attendance others don't
>>
>>24395013
>>24395013
What does depression have to do with anything. It's not like you can get excempted from failing or past failing grades.
Even if it did, I need financial aid. I'm year 4, only have made 2 year progress in school and pretty much failing and dropping out this semester. I have a fuck ton of student loans so its the helium tank for me
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.