[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The definition of whore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: XNufCSH.png (78 KB, 728x731) Image search: [Google]
XNufCSH.png
78 KB, 728x731
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought 'whore' was only applicable to women.

Have SJWs infiltrated the dictionaries as well?
>>
>>24391703
You've never heard of a male whore?
>>
>>24392139
Nope, closest thing I know is a gigolo
>>
Of course they have. Classically there never has been a difference between gender and sex until they twisted the dictionary a bit.
>>
>>24392182
There are plenty of male whores out there, duh. Just because they're not your thing, doesn't mean they don't exist.
>>
>>24391703

You think that's bad? Look up 'slut' in urbandictionary and prepare to get angry. A bunch of feminist edgester teens with nothing better to do is a recipe for disaster.
>>
>Implying guys can't be whores too
>fucking kek
>>
>>24392319
>>Implying guys can't be whores too
Well of course guys can be whores too.

I just thought whores meant the profession as in 'a female who sells her body'
>>
>>24392400
>male who sells his body

What would you call that, if not a whore?
>>
>>24392400

That's what it traditionally means. Personally, I am not against someone adding males into the whore definition, as promiscuity and degeneracy in general are bad. My problem is when people try to completely reverse the tables, and portray female sluts as heroes while shaming males as much as possible. I'm too lazy to do it, but go look up slut on urbandictionary and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>24392444
>promiscuity and degeneracy in general are bad

On a board where having sexual relations with a 2D cartoon is considered healthy.
>>
>>24392472

That's not my problem, I always had a natural repulsion to anime, it is all very alien to me.
>>
>>24392444
Slut - a woman with the morals of a man
This is obviously an off handed joke kek. I don't understand exactly what you are trying to get at?
>>
>>24392490
>>24392521

That's just one example though. Keep looking at the definitions, the majority of them are pro-slut and attempt to portray sluts as heroes. Some even talk about how "society" hates sex.
>>
>>24392490
I guess "whore" does convey a female meaning. The word "prostitute" is more gender neutral and could easily be usef for both males and females.
>>
The word is used in Shakespeare's "Troilus and Cressida" to refer to a man, although it's clear that it's intended as a non-standard usage in the text:

THERSITES
Prithee, be silent, boy; I profit not by thy talk:
thou art thought to be Achilles' male varlet.

PATROCLUS
Male varlet, you rogue! what's that?

THERSITES
Why, his masculine whore.
>>
>>24392608
The fact that he added "masculine" to specify the gender kinda proves my point though?
>>
>simple question of semantics
>OP turns it into a raging sjw thread
>>
>>24391703
this has nothing to do with sjws or whatever, you just can't accept the fact that male whores exist. They (almost exclusively) sell themselves to other men.
>>
>>24392673
No. Actually there are plenty of male whores who take only female clients.
>>
>>24392673
The point is no one calls them whores as opposed to prostitutes or gigolos.
>>
>>24392712
They are multiple technically correct ways of saying something, just because you don't like one of them, or it's popular, doesn't change that.
>>24392705
they exist but are rare.
>>
File: 1444908206165.png (562 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1444908206165.png
562 KB, 680x680
Whore and Slut mean the same thing.
Men can't be either.
/thread
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.