[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DEPERSONALIZATION. Who am I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: 1442725314631.jpg (10 KB, 236x188) Image search: [Google]
1442725314631.jpg
10 KB, 236x188
Have any of you ever suffered from Depersonalizaton/Derealization Disorder?
>>
I've had it for about 5 years now. I ate an ounce of morning glory seeds and Never came back. Feels horrible,idk what's real if I'm real or any of this is real. It's confusing really. Experiencing unreality for years. Idk if my memorys actually happened or if it was all just a dream.
>>
>>24391290
>>24391382
What makes depersonalization/derealization bad for the people who have them?
>>
>>24391423
Stress is the worst. This disorder is a defense mechanism. Basically your brains is tired of reality so it blocks it out. So the worse your life gets the worse the disorder gets. Ironically.the disorder tends to make your life shitty so it's all down hill.
>>
had it for 8 years. it went away once for 3 seconds when i slwas jogging but thats it.

>>24391423

it dampens your emotions and cognitive ability a lot
>>
means you're getting closer to the truth, but not close enough to be happy
>>
>>24391458
Going to college cured me. All of the school-related distractions made it so that I dp/dr was the last of my worries.
>>
File: 6vbPoAl.png (53 KB, 200x173) Image search: [Google]
6vbPoAl.png
53 KB, 200x173
Im pretty sure I have. The madness never stops. Its always something. I wantto be normal. My brain is so sick my body is too nothing I can do. Nobody can help me not psychiatric institution no docters just sort of helping my self I guess.
>>
File: received_1664209157127479.jpg (17 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
received_1664209157127479.jpg
17 KB, 540x960
>>24391290

Not really, but back when I was a kid(and a bit now) I used to have a state of mind where I lost my sense of self, thinking of life objectively. I come back to reality pretty fast, and it was cool because I could appreciate my own existence.
>>
>>24391492
I did that. I went to culinary school and I'm now a line chef at a fine dinning restaurant. I think the seeds just fried me so I don't plan on ever getting better. I do manage my life pretty well aside from the fact that I can't connect with anyone so it's stopped me from making any friends
>>
I don't know. I constantly get the feeling of being confused about what I'm doing, like I just woke from a sleep and found myself in the life of somebody else. Sometimes it feels like the world is just nonsensical stimuli acting on my brain, and I'm just a series of instincts that act in response. I don't know whose talking when I talk, or where my opinions came from, or if I really feel that way or I'm just responding out of habit. I'm not sure if that's applicable or not.
>>
>>24391545
You've deluded yourself into thinking one dose of a seed can break your brain. There's your problem
>>
>>24391423
Y'know when you say a word out loud over and over again and it loses it's meaning and just becomes a random sound? Imagine that same concept, but instead of just sound it encompases all of your reality. You become aware of how strange everything really is. How weird the human body looks and feels.

It's like being an ant all your life and then suddenly you see the world through the eyes of a human and you realize you're just an ant in the grand scheme of things. Like a fish that has been in water but doesn't know it's in water. Most people will never know what this feels like because most people stay in the water. But once you see that there is such thing as air, water just isn't the same.

It's not fun. It's not enjoyable. A Dp/DR panic attack is hands-down the scariest thing i've ever experienced because it encompassed the entire being.
>>
File: derealization.jpg (40 KB, 604x482) Image search: [Google]
derealization.jpg
40 KB, 604x482
>>24391423
it makes you dumber
your memory becomes shittier; everything feels like a dream so you can't remember anything just like a dream
sleep is ruined
feels like your on auto pilot but unable to control your actions
no emotions
no libido
massive anxiety and depression from feeling like you're trapped in a body that isn't yours
>>
i sometimes get random flashes of depersonalization when i'm driving a car. i don't know why.

i'll be driving along, and then all of a sudden i feel completely out of my body and get very nervous and don't know what the fuck i'm doing. it's not a panic attack as far as i can tell.
>>
>>24391382
>this is my greatest fear
>>
>>24391290
I don't know who I am or what the fuck I'm doing. Without video games I don't think I can even keep myself grounded. It's like they are the tether that keeps me from flying away.
>>
>>24391290
Don't think I have.
I'm more just detaching myself from people. I've been seeing friends (reee, I know) less and less recently. Just wanting to be more by myself, and losing any need of other people. Not sure what that is officially, but it's an odd feeling. Kinda sinking, but mostly just, I don't know, I guess content? Not really a "oh cool this is happening" but more of a "oh, okay whatever." Not sure if it's the same thing, honestly.

When are we going to be able to digitalize our minds? Waiting for that day.
>>
>>24392138
Kind of interesting to think I'm living your worst nightmare
>>
>>24392655
I have control issues so a fucked up perception really scares me.
>>
do you guys do anything in particular to help relieve this disorder?
>>
File: 1416030025817.png (84 KB, 1093x797) Image search: [Google]
1416030025817.png
84 KB, 1093x797
> Saw the post title and googled the disorder
> tfw I've been feeling this for the last 8 years or so
>>
>>24391290
I have derealization every now and then. The worst episode I had was the first time I flew on a plane. When I came back everything around me just felt alien. Like all my stuff had been replaced or some shit. It was trippy. Glad it went away after a few days.
>>
>>24393048
Smoke weed. (though it can have the complete opposite effect and make things worse) but if you're use to being high, it can be a kind of comfort to be too stoned to focus on the DP/DR thoughts
>>
File: 1437766882908.jpg (68 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1437766882908.jpg
68 KB, 960x720
>>24391290
no, since I never believed that there is a relevant self. so tell me what it is.

have you tried meditation ?
>>
>>24393048
Also, learning about science/physics helps me sometimes because it helps me learn about what's really governing the way our reality looks/feels. Though it gets kind of scary once you get into quantum physics and the stuff it implies.
>>
>>24393346
>>Also, learning about science/physics helps me sometimes because it helps me learn about what's really governing the way our reality looks/feels.
to posit a reality and then to link human abstractions to reality remains fantasy today.
science still cannot prove that science talks about the reality, gives truth and knowledge, objectivity.

>>>/sci/7663094
>>
>>24391684
Shit man this happens to me a couple times a month, it's really scary. Haven't met anyone else that experiences the same thing.
>>
>>24393922
>Shit man this happens to me a couple times a month, it's really scary. Haven't met anyone else that experiences the same thing.
I hate faggots like you. I have felt like I wasn't in my own body, or I am watching my body do things through my own eyes that I am powerless to control, for the last year. Not to mention I have comorbid visual snow.

Fuck off with your bullshit. The vast majority of people experience dissociation and depersonalization/derealization at various points throughout their lives. None of these normies understand what it's like to live in a state of constant derealization or dissociation.
>>
Derealization disorder

Its weird but I can kinda turn it off and turn it on, the feel is like slightly being high, sometimes it can be really nice.

Use to be really bad, I use to get it at the worse times ever like job interviews and just trip out over nothing.
>>
>>24393966
Relax, no need for such a preaggetated response. I experience the panic attacks on occasion, yes, but the pain is constant, I can assure you of that. But I digress, you are bitter or ambivalent just like the rest of us.
>>
>>24394093
>yes, but the pain is constant, I can assure you of that.
You don't understand the real despair that comes with the illness until you experience it constantly. Occasional bouts of DP/DR is just incomparable.
>>
>>24393135
and you didn't think anything of it? Jesus...
>>
It's like looking at a mirror and your mind doesn't associate with the body staring back at you.
>>
anyone else notice that wind blowing against you can sort of alleviate it a little
>>
File: 1433117757606.png (227 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1433117757606.png
227 KB, 500x405
>>24391290
I had an acute episode of this over a few days. Wouldn't wish this kind of feeling on anyone. It's as if every waking moment becomes a film in front of the eyes, and we are just helpless spectators. Near impossible to interact with the world. I was so overwhelmed with anxiety and pain that it felt like my ego ceased to exist. What finally snapped me out of it was a calm moment where I came to realize my troubles were attacking my very own mind, and that I was just trying to protect myself from further trauma. Seeking out help has prevented me from encountering this phenomenon again. Stay safe, robots.
>>
>>24394406
>Near impossible to interact with the world.
why ? you no longer can move ?
>>
File: 1442804622358.jpg (411 KB, 660x640) Image search: [Google]
1442804622358.jpg
411 KB, 660x640
>>24394488
*socially* interact. Should have been more specific, whatever. I remember trying to talk to an old friend I was happy to see, so I sat next to them. Despite opening my mouth to say hi, all I uttered was a very faint whisper where I sounded very confused. Was a strange moment for the both of us. Thankfully they were willing to let it slide -- seemed like they sensed something was wrong.
>>
File: Reaction802.jpg (167 KB, 640x698) Image search: [Google]
Reaction802.jpg
167 KB, 640x698
I suffered through this back in the beginning of 2013.

I had a major surgery that resulted in a lot of pain and nerve damage. This nerve damage lead to me experiencing pain long after it was supposed to be over. During my recovery period my sleep pattern got severely offset to the point that I was waking after dark and going to sleep when the sun was coming up. During this period of pure darkness I only really had the energy to browse Youtube, post on 4chan, and masturbate. I ate very little because my family was only up long enough to feed me twice before they fell asleep.

Eventually my brain just kind of shut off. The internet got boring and I no longer had the drive to do anything else but but browse it. This lackluster existance combined with my almost complete isolation completely destroyed me.

Those two months are a complete blur (thankfully) but the scares of that cold miserable existence still afflict me.

I hardly feel emotions to the same extent I may have once felt them, I hate socializing and am a complete hermit, and I have almost no regard for other people to the point of not caring what they think of me.

It's not an enjoyable or enlightening experience, it is pure hell.

I keep on telling myself that if I get a girlfriend my problems will go away, but I doubt that.
>>
>>24391290
6 years

I mimic others to be relevant.
>>
Had a dissociative episode while stoned a couple of months ago and have been depwrsonalized since. I dont know who I used to be. It feels like there isnt a human inside me.
>>
>>24391545
This is anxiety. You haven't actually 'fried your brain', what you are feeling are the symptoms of anxiety.
>>24391574
nailed it.
>>
Yo. Probably about a year and a half now but it's getting worse.

I'm not diagnosed and I don't want to self diagnose but considering I live the textbook definitons everyday I'd say it's a given.
Considering going to the doctor. I don't know what he would say? Any experience?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.