[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you make friends outside of college? I go to a community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1447898691951.png (75 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1447898691951.png
75 KB, 325x244
Where do you make friends outside of college?

I go to a community college that's known for being a transit school so there's not many oppurtunities to make friends and I haven't been able to make friends elsewhere. I'm not even autistic, it just takes me a while to become close enough to a person to be able to freely talk to them and college is designed in a way that you aren't always with the same people in class.
>>
you don't

College is your only opportunity to make permenant friends
>>
Once you get a job in the field you like try and make friends with you're coworkers. If that doesn't work they'll eventually invite you to hang at a bar and then you can mingle there.
>>
>>24390891
So you're telling me I have no friends and there's nothing I can do about it?
>>
>>24390960
If you get to 0 friends you can't make any, you need to reboot.
>>
>>24390988
But I lost my reboot button...
>>
>>24390855
I'd honestly say you're fucked man... had the same [spolier]2 [/spoiler] friends since 2007...
>>
got any hobbies? look on kijiji or something like that, meet some people. recently did this myself, and now i play music with these 2 chill guys who i consider friends now.
>>
>>24391059
I play video games sometimes and I'm into animation but that's about it.
>>
Iktf anon. I'm in community college and my only friends are the ones I made in highschool
>>
>>24390855
I'm at a community college
been a loser my entire life
>gets along with a lot ppl there.
>I just stopped giving a fuck about what ppl think so if they don't like what I randomly think out loud, then we don't get along
>>
>>24391277
>>24390855
same holy shit i've made like 3 friends in my past two semesters

all my real friends are my high school bros
>>
>>24391413
I've been in college for two years and I haven't made a single friend.
>>
>>24390855
You don't.

Community college is better in a lot of ways for robots, but it's impossible to make friends there.
>>
>>24391519
So there's no where else I can go
>>
>>24392267
>So there's no where else I can go
Do whatever you need to do to meet more people until you hit it off with some folks.

It's hard, but we all have to do it to succeed.
>>
Find something your interested in then go from there. I was into yugiho back in high school. So I started going to tournaments at a card shop. Made a few friends.
>>
Go to Church. Volunteer at a food shelf, nursing home, library etc. Find meetup groups that relate to your hobbies.

>tfw when you give sound advice but don't follow it yourself for some reason
>>
>>24392420
I volunteered at the animal shelter across the street of my house and they stuck me in the back away from everyone else to do laundry.
>>
>>24392460
Did they have a reason?
>>
>>24392501
They made us apply for position, and the position I got was just that. I don't remember the position name but it was misleading. I thought I'd be working with other people my age since I saw a bunch at the orientation but I ended up alone stuffing piss-soaked blankets into a washer.
>>
>>24392556
That's unfortunate. Oh well, I tried at least. I sympathize because I live at a 4-year college and I still have no friends.
>>
>>24392641
Do you live in a dorm? I went to work at Disney for 6 months and lived in a dorm-type place and still didn't make any friends.
>>
>>24392670
Yeah, I live in a dorm.
>>
>>24392726
What's your relationship with your roommates?
>>
>>24392753
I only have one. We talk a little bit, but for the most part we do our own thing.
>>
>>24390855
aye mate
>>
>>24391441
Started collage in 09. Still friendless.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.