[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: explain this.png (317 KB, 2008x2122) Image search: [Google]
explain this.png
317 KB, 2008x2122
Explain this shit.
>>
>>24390631
The fuck are you trying to get explained to you? Eating and breathing are basic needs, if you don't get them you die. That's what that chart means.
>>
>>24390631
>explaining and explanation
>>
Maslow's hierarchy of needs should be reversed.
>>
>>24390662
This is Maslow's hierarchy of needs.
The bottom row is what is needed, at the very basic level, for a human to survive.
5/6 of the needs are fulfilled by the state or by yourself involuntarily.
Why is the last one not? Why is this basic need not fulfilled?
>>
>>24390631
Other than sex seems fine.
>>
Ooookay. Just gonna gloss over how this was made by an agnry hand-hold-less chump. First of all.
>provided by the state
Food and water is only provided by the state in extreme conditions (considered welfare, or the 'state' giving freely to you expecting nothing in return, assuming such a 'state' exists).
>Requires skill, requires blah blah blah
The chart is meant to illustrate that sex is among the most basic of human needs to survive, alongside food and water. Procreation is a must for any species. I fail to see your point.

Is your point that the 'state' didn't provide ample pussy for your worthless NEET ass? That is correct and right. Cry about it.
>>
>>24390631
i know calling you dipshits out just means you're going to fix it later

but you have sex in two places on the pyramid. on the bottom and where in the middle, where it actually belongs.
>>
>>24390752
Why are you so angry? I asked for an explanation as to why a need that should be fulfilled just like eating and sleeping and drinking isn't, and you failed to provide an answer. Do you have one, or are you just here to throw a fit?
>>
>>24390790
Sex and sexual intimacy are two different things. Sex can be fulfilled by a prostitute. The state should provide this just like it provides food and water. This is not a wild idea. Think of how many lonely and agitated and alienated young men that turn into mass shooters were virgins or didn't get that basic need fulfilled on a daily basis.
>>
>>24390835
Or, on a regular basis*.
>>
Masturbation is basically the same as sex. Sexual intimacy however (higher up) is not.
>>
>>24390706
>Maslow's hierarchy of needs should be reversed.
Why?
>>
I'm pretty sure he ment orgasming as sexual intimacy is way higher up there.
>>
Wow, so many autism and duds in this thread.
>>
>>24390710
There's probably articles written about how sex could be defined. If you'd like, sex could be defined as basic sexual expression. In this case, masturbation would satisfy the physical need of sex. What you seem to be doing is confusing the basic need of sexual expression with the higher need of sexual intimacy.
>>
>>24390800
Sex isn't a basic right that needs to be provided by anyone, kid. No tireless sex slave for you. Sorry. That's how evolution works.
>>
>>24390710
Because maslow is wrong, you don't need sex to survive
Unless he counts masturbation
>>
File: 1447990862469.png (253 KB, 2005x1478) Image search: [Google]
1447990862469.png
253 KB, 2005x1478
You can live without most of these things.
>>
>>24390871

He reads top to bottom instead of realizing that it's based on a real world structure and that you can't realistically have the top of the pyramid until you first have the bottom of it.
>>
Esteem is a myth.
Morality is overated.
Belonging and love is programmed.

Everything else is accurate.
>>
>>24391030
>He reads top to bottom instead of realizing that it's based on a real world structure and that you can't realistically have the top of the pyramid until you first have the bottom of it.

wat
>>
Make your own goddamn triangle. I was in the middle of it but got disgusted with myself.
>>
File: stirner.gif (5 KB, 200x175) Image search: [Google]
stirner.gif
5 KB, 200x175
>>24391011
>morality
stay spooky friend
>>
Usually when something doesn't make any sense, I assume the reason is because it's nonsense and whoever crafted it was fucking retarded. It's a heuristic that saves me a lot of time and energy.
>>
>>24391011
But, you won't reach your highest potential, which I think, what the pyramid is trying to get at.
>>
the sex need is satisfied by masturbation

"sexual intimacy" is what you're looking for, sex with another person.
>>
Yeah, I've never understood why sex was on the bottom row.

I'm not going to randomly keel over if I don't get laid in 'X' amount of time.
>>
to avoid tl;dr this is basically a chart of human needs and desires. Basically what it says is that you need to have the items on the bottom rows before you can get to the top rows.
>>
What does it mean by security of morality?
>>
>>24391198
Also to everyone who seems to think you need everything on the chart to survive, you're wrong. That's not what the chart depicts. It was created by a psychologist as an explanation for what we desire and why something (ex: crippling loneliness) can keep us from doing/thinking of something completely unrelated, like being able to depict ourselves and our lives objectively.
>>
>>24390864
>>24390879
>>24390913
>>24391141

You're not going to die if you don't jack off.

There are people with severe hormonal issues who have lived their entire lives without having a single orgasm.
>>
>>24391262
Probably being sure that what you're doing is right.
>>
>>24391270
I don't think this chart was developed with human outliers in mind. It's a rough depiction of what were considered 'typical' human needs by the developer. Besides, jacking off is not necessary for sexual expression. Nocturnal emissions would count.

In any case, you're right to think that sex isn't an absolute prerequisite for individual survival. However, including sex as a need may have been as much a statement of the theoretical orientation the developer had as anything else. Without looking it up, because I'm lazy, I can tell you that most people in the mental health field around the early 20th century were heavily influenced by psychoanalytic theory, which is based on a psycho-sexual model of development. You could read about it if you want, but from what I remember the model supposes that basic personality development is driven by sexual needs (oral, anal, phallic, etc.). I honestly don't know more about the theory or Maslow to describe it further.
>>
>>24391288
Oh. I don't know how you're supposed to achieve that.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.