[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> TFW Normies ruined one of your favorite video games ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 38
File: Fallout.jpg (139 KB, 579x260) Image search: [Google]
Fallout.jpg
139 KB, 579x260
> TFW Normies ruined one of your favorite video games ever

I was walking to class today and saw a tumblr tier girl with purple hair and hipster glasses walking around with the pip boy from the special edition of the game with her phone in it. Every now and again, she would stop and mess around with it on her wrist as to say 'Look at me!'. The entire time, she was approached by beta orbiters asking if she liked fallout and even some Chads(daily reminder that women cannot in any single way be lonely). Even with fallout 3 it was mostly Bethesda fanbois 'HURR ELDER SCROLLS WITH GUNZ' shit. Fallout 4 is pure normies pretending to like the game/culture because it's the 'cool in-thing' now.

I want this world to end.
>>
>tfw fallout 1/2 wasnt fps garbage
>>
>>24384883
Comfy but rather messy and with somewhat little strategy. Sort of kills it for me when a Deathclaw just stands there.

>>24384836
Who knows? You might miss it.
>>
>>24384836
>'HURR ELDER SCROLLS WITH GUNZ' shit.

>play skyrim this year
>play fallout 3 afterwards
>pretty much think that very thing
>>
File: bestcreature.gif (957 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
bestcreature.gif
957 KB, 500x420
>taking your pip-boy outside
>wearing your pip-boy to class
What the fuck? It's so big, I can't even use it with my computer without it knocking shit over.
>>
normies gonna fucking norm why does this surprise you?
>>
thats gay as fuck op

i dont care for fallout 4 either. they cut the map, and the levelup system is dumbed down so more normies can understand, and the biggest thing that pisses me off is the dialogue wheel and the fact that your guy talks

i like 3 better than nv or 4 tbqh
>>
"HAHAH I'm so good at fallout I already got power armor" Atleast none of the normalfags are even above level 15....
>>
I don't know why people even bought fallout 4, graphically the game looks like shit. I'm not a graphics whore, but every screenshot and video of the game makes it looks disgusting. The fallout 3/NV graphics were honestly better.
>>
>tfw op just described the best use of a special edition item ever
>like fallout hasn't always been normie trash with lootfests and poorly scaled combat with little challenge if ur a proper kiter
>like OP's not jealous
>>
There is nothing left for us anymore

Some sort of eldritch cabal has used the diluting powers of women and normies to turn everything, fucking everything into prolefeed

They took Star Trek and turned it into an action movie that thinks supernovae threaten entire galaxies

They turned Star Wars into niggerkek jewishbucks

They turned Oblivion into a bland generic fantasy setting and enslaved Kirkbride's soul to sell an unfinished buggy bland shallow hollow empty Skyrim to proles with a thin veneer of Kirkbride quality on top

They turned Fallout into a generic nothing mess of an open world for the sake of open world sandbox lacking any soul or art or love

They turned Sid Meier into a kiddie iPhone game developer where once he was teaching 13 year old kids about Kantian ethics and rad pirates

They took Tolkien and turned it into schlock that ruins the possibility of generations of children to be enriched by his worldbuilding because their mind is poisoned by the movies' shallow, passionless rendition of a world whose entire essence was its ability to create the illusion of depth

They took the world from Kirkbride and Cain and Avellone, men who would take drugs and invent tabletop games, wonderful autistic creators who write new values on new tablets, they ejected them from the creative centre of the universe into the cold reaches out null space, and populated the galaxy with soulless vapid simulacra of real things

I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn I hope normies fucking burn
>>
every bethesda game since oblivion has been garbage

i really dont know how anyone actually enjoys playing these clunky piece of shit games

shit stories, shit gameplay. another boring open world for people with ADD that just run around exploring like autistic fucks
>>
>>24385297
>people with ADD that just run around exploring like autistic fucks

that's kind of the point, you're either that way or youre not.

i still play fallout 3 and find stuff i've never found before, even after 5 years of playing it. there's a certain wonder to be found in it that only some people feel i guess
>>
>>24384836
>tfw new vegas is the best written game ever and normies think it's worse than 3
baka
>>
>>24385173
you probably haven't even played fallout 4
>>
>>24385444
Well desu(tobehonest) FNV needs a lot of mods to be enjoyable and stable. The engine itself is quite crappy. It's still my favourite RPG ever though.
>>
File: tenpenny.jpg (239 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
tenpenny.jpg
239 KB, 800x572
>>24385444
>anyone who disagrees with me is a normie

that's a shitty attitude m8

i hate women and reddit and trannies just as much as any other robot (i was fucking pissed when they had the guy in the dress on the fallout 4 trailer) but i just preferred 3 and found it more interesting. new vegas is a technically superior game with the combat/shooting/guns mechanics, and the factions were good but i just felt like 3 had a little more soul to it
>>
>>24385385
I play skyrim. I don't care much for exploring. I just like leveling up and finding stronger items.

I lift weights too and it feels similar to when I break personal records when I get stronger in the game too
>>
fuck you OP I have fun hitting supermutants and ghouls with a sledgehammer and nobody can take that away from me. fallout 1 was also extremely popular when it came out. you fucking nerd.
>>
>>24384836
>getting this upset about it

sort your life out you fucked up cunt. do something
>>
>>24385385
all that exploration stuff in games has never appealed to me

i don't like aimlessness
>>
Just because the fans are gay as shit that doesn't make the game itself suck. Who cares about those faggot anyway lol.
>>
File: 1438837313231.png (77 KB, 515x369) Image search: [Google]
1438837313231.png
77 KB, 515x369
>>24385543
the aimlessness is exactly the thing i enjoy

it feels like a dead, lost, ruined world and you don't know what to do so you just scavenge, repair, clear out buildings, loot, etc. i usually dont even do the main story tbqh i just like exploring the world and experiencing it

i like how you're not pressured to do one thing and it's just whatever the fuck you feel like
>>
>>24385444
>new vegas
>best written game ever
That's a funny joke

>gangster with armed thugs just tried to kill you and you somehow survived
>game expects you to want revenge even though you're a glorified postman
If I roleplayed it, my character would have stayed in Goodsprings. Maybe help the town against the powder gangers, marry Sunny Smiles, live happily everafter.
The game was entirely propelled by videogame logic - because I wanted to get my money's worth and explore the map, but it made no sense in terms of story.
>>
I loved Fallout 1/2 when I was a kid, it's kinda sad that modern Fallout fans think the series starts at Fallout 3, like Final Fantasy started at VII.
>>
>>24385479
nah mate im not him but ive played fallout 4 and it does look like shit
>>
>>24385660
that's cause you're probably a fuckin console fag LMAO
>>
>>24385618
>>game expects you to want revenge even though you're a glorified postman
this shit again
you don't have to do shit, you can easily ignore all the lucky 38 bullshit and never go down that path. explore the map, do faction missions, DLC shit, whatever you want
>If I roleplayed it, my character would have stayed in Goodsprings. Maybe help the town against the powder gangers, marry Sunny Smiles, live happily everafter.
nigga you can easily do that.
spend your life with Smiles, hang out at the bar with her and at her house. all day, everyday. there, you're roleplaying that faggy shit you want
>>
>>24385615
i just don't find that entertaining at all, that is just boring to me

i play single player video games because the gameplay is fun and/or i like the story, there needs to be some purpose for me to play it and some goal. wandering around for no reason is just.... i don't get how that's entertaining
>>
>>24385618
>If I roleplayed it, my character would have stayed in Goodsprings. Maybe help the town against the powder gangers, marry Sunny Smiles, live happily everafter.
That isn't interesting enough to base a whole game on though. You can RP that pretty much if you want to though.
>>
>>24384836
>mfw Darks Souls and dragons dogma are next on the normie chopping block
I hope they make DaS3 infinitely harder than 2 so the normies quit playing immediately
>>
>>24385734
But I don't want to do that faggy shit, that's the point. There's not even that much to do in goodsprings anyway. I just like to play a role when I play a role-playing game, as surprising as it sounds. And my character had no reason to want to explore the world or do anything - he's already seen the wastes and he's already been saved by a miracle. This was different in Fallout 3 because you played a vault dweller, who had all the reasons in the world to want to explore everything.
Fallout NV was a story without an initiating event.
>>
>>24385630
Not to mention the writing is better in those two. At least for a video game anyway.
>>
I just read today that 15% of the players haven't made it out of the vault yet. Normies trying to get behind video games.
>>
>>24386018
>tfw my steam achievements bugged and I didn't get the baby's first achievement or the one for playing a holotape game

Not sure why that happened, I've been getting achievements since with no problems.
>>
>>24385513
what level are you on? how long you been playing?
>>
>>24384836

The sooner you learn how to prevent people from ruining things for you, the happier you'll be.

Fallout 4 was never good to begin with anyways.

It's just a franchise with the same old formula.

Play fallout one, you'll see how little it's changed.
>>
>>24384836
Is there anything you WON'T complain about?
>>
>more stupid reasons why fallout 4 sucks the thread
>>
>>24385444
Tbh gta iv has the best story of any video game in history
>>
File: 12309712093721.jpg (58 KB, 960x526) Image search: [Google]
12309712093721.jpg
58 KB, 960x526
>>24386446
holy shit please stop
>>
My favorite video game series is The Witcher, no normcore faggots have ruined that yet. And they are probably not making anymore, so life is good.
>>
>>24386469
>roll, hit, roll, hit, roll hit
>roll
>roll
>hit

the game
>>
>>24386383
>fallout 4 was never good anyways

thanks for your opinion sir we'll be sure to take note of this original comment on the game after these messages...
>>
>>24385297
Oblivion wasn't even 'good'. Go suck Ken Rolston's dick all you want.
>>
Same thing happened to me. So I walked up to her and explained that she either had to nuke the commonwealth or kill her son who runs the institute

Such a fake gamer girl
>>
>>24386446

In all seriousness, GTA4 was an absolutely fantastic rendition of NYC (I'm a native, I know this shit). A bit small, and they forgot a borough, but for what they did include, they got even the little details right.
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 1280x960
>>24386465
No.

Muh robot
>>
>>24385070
I actually think the new leveling systems is good for Fallout. With the old system if you don't keep track of which bobbleheads and books you've found you end up wasting stat points, if you did keep track of them then that means you couldn't do expert level things until you found all of the books and bobbleheads for that stat. I do agree that having a voiced character, a dialogue wheel, and a very small map is pretty shit.
>>
>>24385198
No one cares you fucking virgin faggot. Go be a loser on reddit.
>>
>>24384836
>As to say

Learn to be normal
>>
Are there any games that haven't been ruined by normalfags though?
>>
Bethesda ruined it, not normies.
>>
>>24386659
jap games
fighting games
sonic games
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 505x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 505x426
>>24384836
Maybe get a less basic hobby, you faggot.

>boo, hoo! Normie are ruining my secret club!

Gamers are the lowest of the low. All you do is buy a game and sit in your ass and move your thumbs. It takes no talent or skill. Literally anyone can do it, so calm your tits.
>>
>>24385846
I hope Miyazaki makes DkS3 not a pile of cum like DkS2 is.
>>
>>24386714
Athletes are the lowest of the low. All you do is buy equipment and stand up and move your legs. It takes no talent or skill. Literally anyone can do it, so calm your tits.
>>
>>24384836
this is skyrim all over again, just remember
>FUS RO DAH epic!! videos
>sex/waifu/memes mods
>everyone is a 2H barbarian
>arrow in the knee
>>
>>24386777
>comparing sports to video games

Is this a meme or something?
>>
>>24386793
>>everyone is a 2H barbarian
>>arrow in the knee
What
>>
>torrent fallout 4
>play it for about an hour
>delete it
>>
>>24386876
I'm just trying to make you realize how stupid you sound.
>>
>>24386876
Some people literally think video games can be sports and that nerds who watch "esports" are superior to normal people who watch actual sports.
>>
>>24385897
>implying you need to be the focus of the story
>not realising new vegas is an immersive world existing independent of the main character
>being brought up on Bethesda/bioware trash

good memes
>>
>>24385523
Fallout 4 completely destroyed the RPG mechanics and lacks any plot, that's what differs it from the other Fallout games. Even F3, which was made by Beshitesda, was better.
>>
>>24387151
Maybe you've just lost your sense of empathy, not the other way around. Bethesda's writing has always been terrible.

I personally felt pretty sad watching my husbando die. A lot of the story is fine, it's a Bethesda game.. not Lord of the Rings or something.

It's certainly much more well written than Oblivion and Skyrim.
>>
>>24386981
Lol okay.

Let me guess, you think video games can be "art", too, right?
>>
>>24387200
Anything can be art, but that's entirely different from what we were talking about. No matter what it is it takes skill, saying something takes no skill is incorrect.
>>
>>24387195
Sure it's better than Skyrim, but it doesn't hold a candle to Obsidian's Fallout games.
Also, daily reminder that Obsidian was cheated out of making Fallout 4 because Bethesda is owned by money-hungry jews.
>>
File: 1424933369558.jpg (57 KB, 800x850) Image search: [Google]
1424933369558.jpg
57 KB, 800x850
what about pepe? is he normie now?
>>
>>24387195
I'm with you there. Fallout 3's story is kinda lacklustre, but what I liked most about it (at least when it comes to the story aspect) are the self-contained stories found in everywhere throughout the wasteland. Some of them are tonnes better than the main story itself. I thought New Vegas was even better in that regard, but that wasn't Bethesda I don't think.
>>
>>24387226
reminder that obsidian was not allowed to even make new vegas how they wanted due to the bethesda jews

>loose vault suits
>had to build the game in an extremely short time period
>bethesda engine

And it still ends up being the best written game ever, save perhaps planescape. I'm pretty certain the boys at Obsidian are angels.
>>
File: youmad.jpg (40 KB, 550x450) Image search: [Google]
youmad.jpg
40 KB, 550x450
You sound like one of those hipster faggots that thinks because they knew about something first they're superior to the people just discovering it. Shouldn't you be thrilled you can finally talk about it and not get funny looks?
>>
>>24387282
>the boys at Obsidian are angels.
If there is a God, they're going to heaven. And Todd Howard will burn in hell along with his Bethesda minions.
>>
File: 1447779405083.gif (2 MB, 457x462) Image search: [Google]
1447779405083.gif
2 MB, 457x462
Fallout has always been boring as shit and the amount of "hype" over it is making it worse than it actually is, its like pokemon nothing changes and we're stuck with the same generic setting/formula.
>>
>>24387357
Popularity is almost always a precursor to decline in quality.
>>
Fuck vidya and fuck your faggot ass post-apocalyptic dystopian storylines (Walking Dead, Fallout, etc.)

What the fuck is so captivating about some fake overdone fantasy?
>>
>>24384836
What's up with the new Vegas meme? After so many years of hearing about it, I finally got it with all the DLC and gave it a play.

It was fun, but really just felt like a slightly improved fallout 3. The quests were certainly interesting, and I liked the map more than the FO3 one (only had 3 real settlements), but I felt the story was a bit too directionless. I never felt motivated to do anything, I never felt like I had any real grasp on why I should help any of the groups over another one. I ended up killing Mr. House because he wanted me to destroy the brother hood of steel.

Then there was weird script issues, I could just walk into a restricted zone and no one would care. Or after I killed Benny, I just walked around like nothing happened. None of his guards said anything, just the same generic "hey look at this high roller." The general lack of responsiveness and repetitiveness from the NPCs made the world seem really empty and soulless.

Once I beat the game, it returned me to the main menu. Why? Why would they not allow me to continue playing? I never even did any of the DLC because I planned to do it after I finished the main quest. I haven't even picked the game up since that.

All in all, it was a good game, but certainly not the best ever.
>>
>>24387220
Vidya require Mountain Dew and Doritos, not skill.
>>
>>24387708
You're obviously shitposting, I'll just assume I'm right unless I see an actual argument.
>>
File: news_photo_32720_1357508077[1].jpg (185 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
news_photo_32720_1357508077[1].jpg
185 KB, 1920x1200
>>24385198

they display autism's corpse on TV like an effigy
>>
>>24384836
I know this feel
I love all the fallout games even the fps titles. The world is just so engaging and brings more to the table then the standard post apocalyptic archetype. I will probably never stop shilling this series.
That said, with the release of Fallout 4 normies have flooded my game and Im so pissed everytime I see a fucking Chad wearing a Fallout shirt. The game itself isnt so bad to me but damn do I hate the audience its attracting
And it'll only get worse...
>>
don't get me wrong, i absolutely adore new vegas and think it's an absolutely amazing game that's much better than fallout 4, but why does everyone think it has really great writing? im not saying it had bad writing but i havent noticed much of a difference between it and bethesda fallout games. granted, it's been a while since playing nv
>>
>>24387886
Yeah, see? I said the same thing. It just felt like a more improved FO3
>>
File: 1447979168252.jpg (347 KB, 487x536) Image search: [Google]
1447979168252.jpg
347 KB, 487x536
>>24384836
My phone won't fit in the pipboy
I bought it for nothng
>>
>>24387951
You deserve it you fucking retard
>>
>>24384936
Play Planescape: Torment, and you will remember fondly these days when you were angry about enemies NOT shoving themselves up your ass.

Good luck getting out of an area alive if you happen to have pissed off a black fiend.
>>
File: 1436327818935.jpg (45 KB, 771x960) Image search: [Google]
1436327818935.jpg
45 KB, 771x960
>>24387951
get fuked
>>
>>24387403
I fucking hate this. It's happend with my favorite franchise Tomb Raider.
>New games are COD clones because that's normies favorite game
>Game used to be full of puzzles, and made you think about what to do
>Now it's "run to this point, gun down an army, go to next point, skip over optional tomb if you want"
>All climbable ledges are painted white becaue normies can't be half assed to take a moment to look around for solutions
>This is especially the case with survival instinct
>Normies spam that now because they're too lazy to take the time to figure something out on their own
>Normies even got the dev change Lara's appearence
>Stacy didn't like big tatas so they shrunk Lara's bust down to a b cup
>Guys wanted realistic clothing so they got rid of Lara's short shorts and baby blue tank top
I'm not even going to bother buying the latest Tomb Raider, it's even worse.
>>
>>24385846

>Dark Souls 3 is out
>"hey bro u doing giant dad build?"
>"whats that brah?"
>"i saw it on 9gag bro its really funny let me show you"
>"xD brah this shit is really funny brah"
>"hehehehe he said "casul""
>>
>>24385444
>new vegas
>best written game ever
Thief 2, Deus Ex, and Planescape: Torment would all like to have a word with you.
>>
>>24388211
>literally naming the only games I would consider worth to challenge NV

well played
>>
File: 1411403382542.png (34 KB, 809x808) Image search: [Google]
1411403382542.png
34 KB, 809x808
>pirate FO4
>game looks and works like shit as always with Beth games
>your character already has a set personality
>and also a voice
>and also there are now only 4 dialog options every time which aren't only completely vague but barely have any impact on the outcome of the conversation
>200 years and it looks like the bombs fell yesterday
>I'm 1 hour in and already jumping off buildings in a power armor killing Deathclaws with a minigun
>go replay the originals and feel myself becoming emptier by the day as journos and retards in my classes who only know 3 hail it as the best game ever
>>
>>24388231
The first scripted deathclaw is especially weak. The next one you meet will likely fuck your asshole hard.

They just do that to pump you up, not because the game is that easy. I've died billions of times thanks to deathclaws and allah worshipping super mutants. Don't play a game for one hour and think you got a good impression of the game.
>>
>>24388289
They should really fix bleed weapons.
>>
File: fallout.png (282 KB, 798x2904) Image search: [Google]
fallout.png
282 KB, 798x2904
>>24387886
It's just that FO3 is such a horrible mess in every way that when NV actually puts some thought in the world building and writing it completely shits on 3.
It's severely overhyped I give you that but it simply feels like a more worthy successor than 3.
>>
>>24388289

I play on very hard, doesn't change the fact that deathclaws get stuck at the first door I run through
>>
>>24388231
I keep telling faggots over at /fog/ that the Fallout games (and Elder Scrolls by extension) keep getting more casual with each release. Smaller map, more COD elements, less skills, less freedom...they're too busy checking out their own assholes to listen to me though.
>>
>>24388366
Bethesda games are entirely artificial difficulty.
>>
>>24388289
It's not about the difficulty.
It feels like they need to throw in this big "cinematic" scene right at the beginning so the AHDH kiddies don't get bored.
It completely kills any sense of progression and motivation. At least mine.
>>
>>24388383
The people in those generals don't want to hear any criticism, that's what /v/ is for.
>>
File: 1430644235178.jpg (6 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
1430644235178.jpg
6 KB, 264x191
>mfw seeing dumbass normies playing on NORMAL and complain that the game's too hard
>playing very hard since the start and have only died 2 times (fuck legendary deathclaws)
>now at level 34 almost full suit of modded x01 power armor

the game's too easy senpaitachi, todd the god dumbed down the game for dumbass normies and it worked
>>
>>24388421
>/v/
>Board full of 14 year old shit posters posting boobs, waifus, and being hipster faggots
It doesn't belong there either, they don't have serious discussions on video games ever.
>>
I feel you family. I had a glimmer of hope today, I was sitting at lunch and I heard some guys talking about how cool the new COD looked.
>>
Daily reminder that Troika would have made Fallout 3 better than Bethesda
>>
>>24388458
Well it does belong there, even if it's a shithole.
/vg/ is just hugbox central you certainly won't find any meaningful discussion there either.
>>
>>24388428
>using power armor
>being a brotherhood kek
>>
>>24385297
>shitting on people who like exploring in video games
How much of a normie do you have to

like, is there a word for people who are aggressively normie? Like that "hi how are ya" episode of spongebob

"waaah why do people enjoy looking around and finding things instead of just walking down what basically amounts to a hallway"
>>
File: sneksenpai.png (481 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
sneksenpai.png
481 KB, 1366x768
The only game normies haven't ruined for me is MGSV and Undertale (fuck you i like it).
>>
File: 1431187454250.jpg (44 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
1431187454250.jpg
44 KB, 340x480
>>24388503
>not using power armor
>being a caveman with low INT that cant use a fucking jetpack
>>
>>24384836
robots ruined me the ending, fuck robots
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>24385198
>There is nothing left for us anymore
JRPGs :^)
Except FF
>>
>>24388548
>needing an entire suit of crutches
>>
>>24387680
>>What's up with the new Vegas meme?
People are retarded, what the fuck do you think. It's the "alternative mainstream".
>>
>>24386793
arrow to the knee is le epicest meme you idiot!!111!!
>>
If you think this is bad just wait for the next TES.
It's such a shame. If anyone else but Bethesda would hold those two ips we could get such great games.
>>
>>24388602
ok you got me there dude. but you cant say that doing power armor is at least a little cool
>>
File: fallout3.png (114 KB, 912x670) Image search: [Google]
fallout3.png
114 KB, 912x670
>>24388608
>people are retarded
You mean fallout 3 fans?
If you actually think this kind of of writing in an RPG is GOTY worthy you're mentally challenged.
>>
>>24388653
I dislike being in a suit, I wish they had kept is is regular armor.
>>
>>24384836

Well, I mean, to me, you're the trash that ruined Fallout. I grew up on Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. If you're still going to "class" whether it is High School or a university, you grew up with Fallout 3 and NV-- things that already dramatically changed the series.

You were catered to and your generation is all normie trash. Except the guys in your generation are all basically huge fags, which is good because I can date the girls in it.

But you guys have no fucking idea about telling Renesco about the days in Arroyo, or finding Algernon in the basement, or a giant molerat named Brain that wants to take over the world, or the bridge encounter, or sleeping with all of Bishop's family-- FO3/NV are very tame games by comparison.

Childkiller was a perk//label you could get in FO2. It's an impossibility in every game after.
>>
>>24388540
Just wait anon, either as soon as sales start dipping or after enough time has passed it will get the normie cancer. That's how it always happens, no franchise is strong enough to resist without fading into obscurity.
>>
>>24384836
>you like Fallout
You should end yourself.
>>
>>24385198
Nicely written post, but I don't agree with your opinion on Lord of the Rings movies. The Hobbit movies were disastrous, but I thought the Lord of the Rings trilogy really transferred at least some of Tolkien's magic onto the screen.
>>
>>24388746
It's a fun game anon. Nothing wrong with eating the vidya equivalent of fast food every once in a while.
>>
>>24388524
Postmodernism. It's viewing things with a lack of sincerity or caring, "I don't care!" attitude.

It's just a cultural movement. You are looking at the "normie" of our society in the sense that almost everyone acts this way now.

Don't reply to his bait next time if it annoys you. The world is just like this and people tend to sort of act the same for a little while, then a new cultural trend will come. I'm sure he likes exploring in general, humans are curious in nature and tend to observe things. You know, because they are still conscious.
>>
>>24388877
I fucking hate this attitude, it's ruined almost all music.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-20-10-16-13.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-20-10-16-13.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
Why do normies do this shit
>>
>>24388340
This makes it clear how good the first two are. In the very first settlement you visit in FO1 there is a farm, and a well. Same in FO2. And people have jobs, and people get sick, and villages/cities are built in places where there are reasons for them to be there. The first two games feel like real places.
>>
Mate, just enjoy your game, stop fussing.
Them enjoying it, or pretending to enjoy it doesn't take away from your enjoyment when you play it.
Personally, i've never played fallout, and skyrim scares me, it's too directionless, I get released into the world after the intro sequences and i'm just lost with no idea what to do, overwhelmed.
>>
>>24388897
If you don't like postmodern hipsters and tumblrinas, I recommend just staying indoors until it's over. NEET mode is suggested.

Pray for the next cultural trend to be a good one.
>>
>>24384836

Normies didn't ruin it. You fucking ruined it for yourself because your opinions and tastes are "WHAT NORMIES ARE NOT!" so instead of standing your fucking ground you let them mow over you.

Just to keep up the angry, loner, gamer meme personality you have.

I don't let the normies define my taste.
>>
>>24389004
I think Morrowind had a much better thought out intro. You get initially released into a village, there's a few quests to complete there and a cave full of bandits nearby that you inevitably run into. By the time you leave you've got a good feel for the game and a main plot to pursue should you choose, rather than just getting dumped into some random field.
>>
>>24389079
mm i'm almost jealous of people with 1000's of hours in skyrim who get really into it, with tons of realism mods and stuff.
>>
>>24385479

Not the dude your replying to but I haven't. I just get mad when 4chan throws out THE WHOLE FRANCHISE AND BETHESHEDA AND EVERY OTHER GAME THEY EVER MADE. Because a few normies touched it.

It's... really ridiculous. I mean maybe Fallout 4 sucked, I don't know. But I'm not basing my opinions on second hand information like the vast majority of this website.
>>
File: 1447957015677.jpg (588 KB, 2158x3274) Image search: [Google]
1447957015677.jpg
588 KB, 2158x3274
OP it's because you're playing games for normies. Stop playing normie games.
>>
>>24389278
Freelancer was such a good game.
As if you have abe's oddysee, but not munch's oddysee, and why riven but not myst.
>>
File: NINTENDO_LOGO.jpg (374 KB, 5400x1500) Image search: [Google]
NINTENDO_LOGO.jpg
374 KB, 5400x1500
This is why I play Nintendo. While normies make fun of me for being so uncool playing Yoshi's Wooly World. I feel at peace knowing that they won't ruin it. Heck, children don't even like Nintendo.
>>
>>24385198
The replies this post recieved confirms that they took this place as well.
>>
File: 1438994931725.jpg (451 KB, 4040x626) Image search: [Google]
1438994931725.jpg
451 KB, 4040x626
mandatory post
>>
>>24389415
I dunno, it's not my pic. Someone posted it on /v/ earlier today and I generally agreed with it so I saved it. I think it's also lacking a Katamari rep. Play that too OP
>>
>>24385070
They're trying to put some mass effect in there
>>
>>24386646
Fuck off you sack of shit
>>
>>24385198
Kirkbride is an arrogant hack.
>>
>>24389545
Mien negro
>>
File: lokiroki13.png (88 KB, 540x475) Image search: [Google]
lokiroki13.png
88 KB, 540x475
>>24389545
I got 2,000 hours in Animal Crossing. I'm ready for Christmas in the world's most comfy game.
>>
>>24389569
does there happen to be a musical equivalent of this
>>
>>24384836

I just hate the Youtube faggots who flood the songs I like with "FALLOUT 4 BROUGHT ME HERE XD"
>>
>>24389671
any underground artist that games massive appeal for being unpopular, AKA any "alternative" music you hear on the radio (coldplay, 21 pilots, green day, etc.)
>>
>>24389671
Exact same process, though often the band will jump in on the process.
Like bands changing their style to suit a larger audience.
>>
>>24389722
>21 pilots
Their first couple of albums were good.
I really enjoyed regional at best, but then they got popular and released blurry face which is just an all round shit album.
>>
>>24385198
>soulless vapid simulacra of real things

I love this whole post and the way you describe things. It's exactly true. That phrase in particular. You must have noticed it too, but doesn't that phrase perfectly describe the overwhelming majority of human beings you've encountered, if not all of them? Consider that your excellent use of language there could still tell the truth if meant literally.

What would this mean about our world? What is our world, then? Was it always this way, or did something change somewhere along the line? You and I, the ones who see these things, are we real people, or are we simulacra just like the others? Do we feel and do the things we do because we're programmed to, even including our sad awareness of the state of this reality?

Is there any way to fight this? Should we?
>>
File: pleb.png (49 KB, 299x405) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
49 KB, 299x405
>>24389752
>implying they have made a single decent song
>>
>>24389782
This

21 Pilots suck cock
>>
>>24389782
*shrug
music is subjective but I really like regional at best and vessel, their self titled is underwhelming, but blurry face is full cancer, created from when they got popular
>>
>>24389810
i have listened to all their albums, they are objectively & subjectively flaming shit
>>
File: 1447126332499.png (182 KB, 486x464) Image search: [Google]
1447126332499.png
182 KB, 486x464
>tfw I never gave a shit about fallout to begin with
>I've played fo 3 and nv and they were both shit
>now that fo 4 is out everyone is acting like they always loved it
>all my shitty normo friends keep telling me it's so le cool xDD
>they all try to force me to get it
>pirate fo 4
>it's shit

fallout is most normie, reddit tier game series of all
>>
>>24389777
Did you just discover philosophy/sociology? Are you twelve? Have you never read Baudrillard? Foucault? Plato? Postman? McLuhan? Anyone/anything?

It's fucking hilarious how people on this board make these misguided "independent discoveries" of things that have been written about since the dawn of time.
>>
>>24389854
here comes the 1 & 2 fan
>>
File: thedude.jpg (46 KB, 475x268) Image search: [Google]
thedude.jpg
46 KB, 475x268
>>24389847
The dude speaks the truth
>>
File: 1447215821218.jpg (2 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1447215821218.jpg
2 KB, 124x125
only in jest, but who will it be?
>>
File: UNAkcJu.gif (952 KB, 500x685) Image search: [Google]
UNAkcJu.gif
952 KB, 500x685
>>24389895
this is some word to show i put content in this shit
>>
>>24385198
Are you in the wrong generation too?

Next thing you're going to tell me is there is no good music, movies or video games left.

>Kant
>babby's first philosophy class

I'm so glad you're starting university this year anon but please kill yourself.
>>
>>24385198
I hear you loud and clear Anonymous. I too wish normies burn, nothing is sacred anymore.
>>
File: 1447580203181.jpg (32 KB, 281x426) Image search: [Google]
1447580203181.jpg
32 KB, 281x426
>>24385198
>mfw Avellone is a NEET now
>>
>>24389855
Here comes the USUAL "everything is babby's first" attitude whenever these topics come up on the internet.

Firstly, you assume that this is the first time I've thought of such things. It's not. I just don't feel the need to flex my massive intellect, sometimes, beginner speak is enough. This isn't a fucking debate or master's thesis.

Secondly, yes, anon, I understand you are extremely intelligent. You have read many philosophers, and naturally, because you're so smart, you've decided they're all beneath you and all their ahderents are beginner babies.

It doesn't matter what I posted honestly, you would have piped up with the same tired old repetition that always comes up when someone makes these kinds of posts.

If you really cared about philosophy, you would have actually contributed, as opposed to taking the time out to belittle a person for having such an interest, yes, even if that person's mind is dwarfed in the face of a mighty intellect such as your own.

So, yes anon. You are the smartest person in the room. Are you happy?

I won't be reading your reply containing words such as edgy", "autism", "mad", or variations on such.

>>24389930
I just noticed this post. Wow, you even said "babby's first".

This is why I think you're all automata.
>>
>>24389987
You do sound like a first year university student and you are distracting from the point of my post instead of giving a real reply.
>>
>>24389987
>So, yes anon. You are the smartest person in the room. Are you happy?
Yes :)
>>
>>24389278
>Contra: Hard Corps
Too much trauma from playing that as a kid.
That game was impossible
>>
>>24390027
I'll do you one better, anon. I've never been to university.

The point of your post was that you are a well-versed philosopher and I have the mind of a child. I thought I addressed that perfectly clearly. Frankly I agree with you. I do have the mind of a child. I am a stupid person, while you are without doubt the brightest mind ever to insult a person on 4chan.
>>
>>24390076
Hey tardmeister that's not even me.

>I've never been to university
Oh it shows anon, it shows. :)
>>
>>24390076
I just don't understand why you can't answer the question. Why does your feelings/being offended getting in the way of answering a simple question? Is it because you can't actually respond and you need to use this as a way to distract from the topic?

Sorry for making fun of you on 4chan anon, and I'm sorry you feel belittled. That's not the point though. I'm not the one telling you what to think or do, you are the one attempting to tell me how to behave, what to think and do.

If you truly believe you are stupid, that's fine. I get your point, everyone is stupid. How about fuck off and stop trying to force people to accept your idea of "knowledge" and how the world works.
>>
>>24390119
It's cool anon.

Hey, not only did I never go to university, I dropped out of college also. I've never studied philosophy, either.

To tell you the truth, I don't know jack about anything at all. I'm an idiot.

I'm just flattered that someone as intelligent as yourself is taking the time to speak with somebody as egregiously moronic as myself.

>>24390174
I don't believe I've attempted to do any of those things anon. Honestly, I don't understand most of your post. I guess I really am too dumb, and you too smart, for the two of us ever to truly communicate.
>>
>>24389545

Woolly World is pretty amazing. Feels good being PC/WiiU/3DS master race.
>>
>>24389278
The Thousand Year Door was so good. The rest have all beeb shit.
>>
>>24390241
what is beeb shit? Anyway TTYD is debateable, it's a good game but I think PM64 is more consistently good.
>>
>>24390258
why do you say TTYD is debatable? what does it lack?
>>
>>24389278

>Catherine
>Yume Nikki

Yume Nikki barely qualifies as a video game. It's also 2deep6u
>>
>>24390258
Been*

TTYD improved on it in every way. It was funny, hard (for a kid anyway), and had a good story.
>>
>>24389278
I don't understand with LSD is on here, the game wasn't even fun, you literally just walk around looking at kooky colors and getting into kooky capers.

Maybe it was an interesting game for it's time, but it was enjoyable or fun. Is the point that the game was innovative or something?
>>
>>24389278
Why do people think 999 was good? The storyline was ok but the puzzles were too easy. Maybe it pays off in the ps vita game? I haven't played that one
>>
>>24389278
Wait, why is Clock Tower even on here? I thought that game was a joke, like Bubsy or Duke Nukem Forever.
>>
>>24386714

See a video game makes you use your BRAIN. I know you don't have so it's hard for you recongize that's what is being used there.

Unlike the normie hobby of sitting on your ass watching someone else play a game that you're not even allowed to play. Some how that's better than actually interacting with it and making it your own.
>>
>>24390280
Agree with anon. PM64 was great, I loved the worlds and the music. But after playing TTYD and then playing Mario Story, I realized how much I missed things like crowds during the battles, or the ability to transform into a plane/boat/tube/etc.
>>
>>24390280
Like I said, PM64 is more consistently good. It doesn't reach the peaks of TTYD's quality, but it also doesn't reach the lows. TTYD has massive amounts of backtracking, specifically in chapters 2 and 4.
>>
>>24390361
the puzzles do get a bit harder in VLR. Don't pretend you weren't on the edge of your seat during 999 though, the writing is pretty fun.
>>
>>24387680

> I never even did any of the DLC because I planned to do it after I finished the main quest.

They're better than the main quest. You'll have a blast with them, I promise. DLCs blew me away.

Also you're criticisms are kind of dated. You realize that game out YEARS ago right?
>>
>>24386793
>FUS RO DAH epic!! videos
Only like four were funny
>sex/waifu/memes mods
Only autistic people talk about what they fapped to people.
>everyone is a 2H barbarian
wat
>arrow in the knee
4chan meme gone leddit - just like every other meme this site has made.
>>
File: duck.png (268 KB, 608x500) Image search: [Google]
duck.png
268 KB, 608x500
>you'll never play a game with a harder mindfuck than ever17
>>
>>24385846
With Miyazaki back behind the helm, it should be good
>>
>>24384836
I was asking about a secondhand 3ds in a shop.
The person in front of me was chad.
The manager was a hyper active roastie with green hair.

Where did my people go?
>>
>>24386793
>>24388615
>>24386903
>>24390484
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDfxde8fSg
>>
>>24388340

>Reading this long ass complaint pic.

It hit me... most gamers are too autistic for an imagination or a suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>24385198
asian stuff is still anti-normie

korean games, japanese games, japanese media, korean media, etc
>>
>>24390614
That's because they're too lazy to read subtitles. They'll easily watch dubs.
>>
>>24387365
I'm pretty sure Todd Howard actually cares about the games he makes but is surrounded by idiots and jews
>>
File: 765.png (169 KB, 450x433) Image search: [Google]
765.png
169 KB, 450x433
>>24384836
U mad OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7yq5IWidTw

Top cake is a lie m8. Girls a qt too. Would waifu/10.
>>
>>24390607
To be honest it seems more like a result of what happens when somebody is expected to articulate why they do or don't like something. Thing is that most of the time the reasons we truly enjoy something cannot be articulated, we can appreciate "objective quality", which typically involves technical mastery, but our true enjoyment comes from deep down and is pretty hard (if even at all possible) to communicate in such a concise way. Hence you get walls of text about "why something is bad", when it doesn't accomplish much other than endlessly nitpick and criticize shit that hardly matters.
>>
File: morrowind fans.jpg (45 KB, 604x403) Image search: [Google]
morrowind fans.jpg
45 KB, 604x403
>tfw new vegas fans are becoming the new morrowindfags

who /fisto/ here?
>>
File: 1340312939670.jpg (21 KB, 236x203) Image search: [Google]
1340312939670.jpg
21 KB, 236x203
>>24384836
Welcome to what happened with the Elder Scrolls fanbase, OP.

I hate that Skyrim is normie garbage.
>>
File: nvegas.png (508 KB, 700x383) Image search: [Google]
nvegas.png
508 KB, 700x383
>>24390848
>tfw i assumed the position
>>
Why? Why the hell are girls getting into gaming so damn much now? I just don't get it. In what way does games appeal to females? Games are about as nerdy and masculine as you can get. It is essentially male power fantasy often with graphic violence.

So WHY THE FUCK DO THEY WANT TO GET INTO GAMING?
>>
>>24390723
There's so much competition to enter big studios like that, you don't hire idiots.

Maybe Jews but they aren't on the development team.
>>
>>24386469

Most tedious combat ever, fuck the witcher 3 and everybody circlejerking around it
>>
>>24386469
Normies play Witcher 3.
>>
>>24391065
There is an image that explains it.
>>
>>24391065
because it's mainstream now and girls have herd mentality

explained in a single sentence
>>
>>24391065
>video games are masculine
Harvest Moon has been directed at females since 1996. Little girls have always been playing masturbating to that game since it first released. If you want to know why the female population looks like it is exploding, that's because males are handing them free money on Twitch.

The issue here isn't females don't play games, it's that video games have advance to a stage where you can play games together with men. Then women realized this was another way to trick men out of money. First, they went around stealing accounts by tricking men to fall in love with them, now they do Twitch streams for money.

It's just another easy way to pull wool over the eyes of men and quickly suck money/happiness out of them.
>>
File: hh.jpg (176 KB, 896x775) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
176 KB, 896x775
>>24384836
Dont be rude, she was probably struggling with her self worth
>>
>>24391780
>every female gamer I know streams on twitch
what kind of fucked up world do you live in?
>>
>>24384836
>get Cait as a companion
>cure her addiction
>tell her I love her
>she loves me back
>hear her call me all these nice things, loving names, etc
>tfw a girl will never say these things to you
;-; I never asked for these feels
>>
everything that is happening/has happened over the past several years you can blame people like sarkeesian and the beta providers who let women like her get away with this shit
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.