[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Procrastination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: stock.jpg (38 KB, 700x210) Image search: [Google]
stock.jpg
38 KB, 700x210
Why does it seem that robots and other social retards suffer so much more from procrastination than normies? Shouldn't we be less distracted by relationships and thus be able to focus on studying more? Or can't we just stand the emptiness of our lives and have to be on chans 24/7 in an attempt to fill the void?
>>
>Or can't we just stand the emptiness of our lives and have to be on chans 24/7 in an attempt to fill the void?

Yep that's me
>>
You already answered your own question, OP.
>>
>shouldn't we be less distracted by relationships and thus be able to focus on studying more?
Why should you? What's your motivation for working hard? Become a scientist and benefit the society that has rejected you for your entire life?
>>
>>24381339
I know but I hoped getting other views as well
>>
>>24381251
You get motivation to work hard from social achievement.
>>
>>24381251
It's probably dopamine problems.

Robots seem to have fucktons of mental conditions, which all seem to be cured by meds which fuck with your dopamine levels.
>>
>>24383133
Your dopamine levels are already fucked from browsing 4chan everyday
>>
>>24381251
I've actually done a business oriented 50 pages essay on procrastination and it didn't even help me despite the fact that I know the theory (in 2 works procrastination is genetically equal to impulsiveness and motivation behind doing something is (success probability * perceived gain)/(difficulty * delay of gratification) so you have to work on those variables to get shit done). Though I actually finished it on time and did a good job because I didn't want to procrastinate an essay on procrastination.

What helped me for a year was turning my OCD tendencies into something productive. I forced myself to work at home until I got 120 'points' a day (where studying 1 minute = 1 point, language learning and programming 1 minute = 0.5 points, dishes and cleaning 1 minute = 0.25 points). If I failed I punished myself (nofap, not eating, having to do stupid fucking routines etc...) and had to get back the points I missed * 2 for the following days. It worked quite well. I think I'm gonna start that today btw (already did it) but with a weekly schedule were the points needed are different for each day.
>>
>>24383341
Kek this is pretty autistic.
>I wrote a 50 page essay on what procastination is
It's putting off work. There you go, saved you 50 pages.
>>
>>24383341
What you can also is adding bonus points for other stuff. If you're a fat fuck not eating sugary stuff or running could get you bonus points. I also add a one week vacation if I got a girl (obviously never happened). Which is then basically turning your life into some rpg. But obviously you need discipline or being scared of imaginary malevolent threats like myself.
>>
>>24383377
It absolutely is.
Your definition isn't even correct because you forgot the part about knowing that putting off work is detrimental to you but you still do it.
My essay was about what companies and managers do against procrastination in the workplace (they don't think about it - just do your work and we don't give a fuck otherwise get fired).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.