[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/. Did I get hacked? My internet conection got bad for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1447952564179.jpg (22 KB, 252x249) Image search: [Google]
1447952564179.jpg
22 KB, 252x249
Hey /r9k/. Did I get hacked? My internet conection got bad for some minutes.I checked task manager for unknown processes but I didn't find anything suspicious. (except SearchProtocolHost.exe but It was located in a sys32 folder so it is afe) After restarting my PC twice,everything got back to normal.What should I do? I am scared shitless,my life is shit already and this will make it shittier.
>pic related found it on my hardrive
>>
File: 1447183390548.jpg (52 KB, 735x300) Image search: [Google]
1447183390548.jpg
52 KB, 735x300
That happens, you dumbfuck. Your connection fluctuates.
>>
Download AVG or Avira
Download MBAM

Run both

Install program that allows you to see your down and upload speed

Monitor that for any abnormal activity
>>
>>24379023
I am well aware of that.But it doesn't explain why I found the pic on hardrive.I didn't save it.
>>
>>24379052
Don't listen to this guy, those programs are free because they're shit. If you want your computer to be safe you need to purchase an anti virus software like Norton or McAfee.

Good luck OP.
>>
>>24379086
I'm a poorfag.But thanks.
>>
>>24379059
You probably accidentally saved it you numbnut.
>>
>>24379123
He's trolling you but don't worry. The best way to not get viruses is to not be a retard.
>>
>>24379052
Malwarebites found PUP.Optional.GlobalUpdate.
Any more advices?
>>
>nobody ITT has noticed that the OP pic has a 4chan file name

Haha yeah I'm sure you just found that on your hard drive, totally didn't save it yesterday based on the digits
>>
>>24379164
Even If I accidentally saved it. It would go to my F: disk not my D:
>>
>>24379200
I'm not trolling or shit like that.I found it with the that name.That's all.
>>
>>24379086
AVG is better than both of those and doesn't slow your machine down
>>
>>24379000
noice digits you got there mate
>>
>>24379000
Ok.presumably I didn't get hacked but :
1.Slowed down internet connection
2.PUP.Optional.GlobalUpdate
3.Unknown pic saved on my disk.
All this happening can't be just a coincedence.
>>
>>24379303
Also just checked downloade files. That pic isn't in the log.
>>
>>24379303
PUP is potentially unwanted program.
Internet is typically slow depending on time of day.
A hacker won't likely put a photo on your box.
>>
>>24379725
You read everything,right? Even if it was myself who saved the pic it would be shown in the Chrome's download section.I don't use Incognito mode.I find it wierd myself,the pic could be just a way for the hacker to fuck with me something like "I saw everything".
I slept for a hour.That could be the time he was active but that would mean that he monitored my moves,and that would be picked up by my antivirus(I think).
>>
Just to add more info.The pic was created at 19:05 right when the internet connection got bad.So I am pretty sure that someone got it in.It could be possible that he could've searched through my personal info (passwords etc.) but I don't have anything valuable.I didn't lose files and I didn't find newly installed programs.This case remains unsolved for now.You are free to assume that I saved the file on accident while being sleep drunk. (I found out that if you drag and drop a pic from 4chan it won't be saved in the download history).That could be the real cause.
Anyways.Thank you,anons for trying to help.
>>
>>24379000
That's what happens when you use Windows.
>>
File: JPvDd.gif (388 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
JPvDd.gif
388 KB, 300x200
Why the hell is nobody checking OP's trips???
>>
>>24379000
op, not a total faqqot, for once
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 640x472
>>24381191
You're on the wrong website you hipster fuck
>>
>>24379000
you could have been hacked. If you want to be completely sure you haven't been backdoored just reinstall your OS
>>
>>24381464
He should also replace each and every electrical component in his computer.
Better safe than sorry, right?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.