[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try running >it hurts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 1376375686275.png (178 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1376375686275.png
178 KB, 1000x1000
>try running
>it hurts
>>
Fuck running. If you want to do cardio do something fun like hitting a punching bag or swimming.
>>
File: american hamburger pepe.jpg (14 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
american hamburger pepe.jpg
14 KB, 226x223
>>24377037
But you're still proud to be an American where at least you know you're free, right?
>>
>>24377117

Running is fun though. Put on some edgy music, go fast, and pretend you're in an anime
>>
>>24377218
Care to rec me some earphones and a music device that can play OGG Vorbis?
>>
I can't get rid of my shin splints. Why did God give us shin splints?
>>
>go for a run
>nipples hurt for days
Gonna have to start taping them bad boys up
>>
>>24377143
And I wont forget to add some fries with my deep fried chicken tendies
>>
>>24377255

I'm just a phone/earbud pleb, ask /mu/ or /g/
>>
I'm not even fat, but everytime i step on the ground when running my calves hurt.
It feels like the bone is hurting, not the muscle.

Is it the shoes?
>>
File: tendies pepe.jpg (8 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
tendies pepe.jpg
8 KB, 180x180
>>24377338

And I'd gladly sit down on /r9k/ and defend my eating habits still today
>>
>>24377417
The exact same shit happens to me..
>>
How do I know if this is not my body reacting to a sudden decision to not be sedentary but adult onset athsma? Several others in my family suffer it, albeit some more crippling than others, and my chest causes me to stop running long before my legs do.
>>
>>24377037
Don't be discouraged. I'm a fatty in recovery. Lifting was a gateway for me. After like a year of nothing but lifting, I had recently started to conscious of my diet and incorporate cardio into my routine. Try HIIT cycling. Cycle at a medium pace for a minute then go as FAST as you can for like 25-40 seconds, go medium for a minute, repeat.
>>
File: 1446393324413.png (156 KB, 1372x1088) Image search: [Google]
1446393324413.png
156 KB, 1372x1088
>>24377037

If you're a fat fuck and start out running right out of the gate, without getting at least adequate shoes and/or training your legmuscle before, you should count on hurting your knees, hips, and ankles.
If you're really fat, start with swimming to burn them calories without putting weight on your joints.
If somehow possible, start by running on dirt in a park or something, avoid sidewalks and beton like the plague, ash is ok too.
Don't overdo it at first. I've seen so many faggots ruin their knees because they think they are pro-athletes. Even with good shoes your knees will have to adjust to the unusuall preasure whie running. If you don't let them rest you'll fuck them.

if you've got some weights at home, start with calf-raises, lunges and weightless squats while stretching every day (if you're not stretching you're likely to get pains while running, due to your sinews being overburdened since their all shortened)

shit people, read up before you start training and turn yourself into a cripple, just to scream foul at people who go to /fit or read books about sport.
>>
>>24377037

You don't lose weight by running dumbass.

You lose weight by eating less. Stop being a fatass, drop abut 50 lbs and then your bones won't hurt when you run for longer than 15 seconds.
>>
>tfw fat
>tfw unhealthy
>decided to start running because if I get fatter I'll start dying
>that was three days ago and I haven't run yet

I'll... I'll do it, I swear.
>>
Hello, yurocuCks
>>
>>24378954
This desu. If you're a real fatty, you might even want to start out by walking instead of running, so you don't hurt your legs.
>>
>>24377037
Get a stationary bike! I'm fat as fuck (used to be way fatter) and it doesn't hurt to do but you can still get a decent workout if you lift light weights at the same time.
>>
>>24378954
>adequate shoes
god how much have you been scammed by this shit
>>
File: 1445222156633.jpg (43 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
1445222156633.jpg
43 KB, 570x587
>>24379520

>projecting this much, it's 2015

"adequate" means adequate. Right size, good airflow so you don't sweat too much and get blisters, right kind of sole according to how you run and where you step your foot down. this is attainable in less then 40-50 shekles.

Bet you got scammed by buying 250 shekles nike supershoes that still don't run on their own, huh? anyway, you triggered me so I guess it's fair play
>>
>be legal US resident
>have the choice to become a citizen
>I dont because it seems being a citizen is more trouble than it's worth
>>
>>24379700
>shekles
Fucking gorilla.
>>
>>24377143
Hell yee arsenal of gunys 40 acres and Apple pie every Friday yeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
when we get obese dogs in at our shelter we don't try to exercise them by a lot of running/walking, but swimming because it takes pressure off the joints. try that. running isn't any better for you than any other form of cardio, and it's shit for your knees
>>
I love running, or I did for about 6 months. I did it on a treadmill and would just zone out listening to music. One day I thought I'd try it outside. About a mile in it started to hurt. another half mile and it was agonizing pain. Not even two miles and I was limping. It's been a long ass time and my foot still hurts when I try walking, when I wear my pretty dress boots that aren't padded to hell and back, and even when it rains or gets cold.

The trick is to never try anything new. I could still be happy if I had never tried something new. Running outside is stupid and dangerous. I still cycle sometimes but it just isn't the same. Running would leave me feeling energized throughout my whole body, and then if I lifted right after? Fuck yeah, good feels everywhere. Cycling is just kind of like I don't know how I should breathe, this is boring and gay as fuck. It's only useful as a transportation method.
>>
>>24379700

Barefoot is the best way to run, and doesn't cost anything. Maybe if you want to get fancy you can get those kevlar running socks for city people where stepping on a used aids needles is an actual risk. Or just go to a nature trail and run there.
>>
File: 1421090065801.png (180 KB, 750x899) Image search: [Google]
1421090065801.png
180 KB, 750x899
>>24380267
>Barefoot is the best way to run,
>>
>>24380177

lel, why not just not feed them until they look normal? That sounds stupid as fuck, a doggy swimming pool.
>>
>run out of breath at the beginning of running
I suppose the only way to get better is too keep running huh
>>
>>24380284

I don't understand, Obviously you shouldn't be running in a suit or hat. I wear shorts and a tanktop if it's not cold, and running tights and maybe a thermal top if it is cold. It feels kind of gay and I"m definitely not wearing it for comfort, but running tights really do make a huge difference. I"ve switch to compression shorts during not cold if I could get over the embarrassment, but not cold is when all the posers are out and they'd judge me. They do make nice looking athleisure wear if you're concerned about looking like a slob.
>>
>>24380292
that can take an incredibly long time, and the longer a dog is obese the more their health (namely their joints) degrade. we like to have them as healthy as possible when adopting them out. especially since people think obese pets are "cute" and have purposely kept fat dogs fat because of it.
>>
>>24380267
>people still falling for that barefoot running meme
Mankind may have evolved to run barefoot but that's because our ancestors were barefoot all the time. You can't expect robots or even normies to just run a mile or two on concrete sidewalks.

The most important thing for running (as with all exercises) is proper form. Don't strike the ground with your heel first. Always land and push off the ground with the balls of your feet.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.