[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[Wage Slavery] A realization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (52 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
52 KB, 450x450
Who /mind-warped wageslave/ here?

I used to be a NEET and quite terrified of working full time. Not only did obligation scare me, but so did the thought of commuting back and forth, having no free time and getting scolded by my boss if I underperform. But now, after a few years of working full time, not only does it not phase me but I actually enjoy it and can't think of what I'd do with my time if I became unemployed again.

It's like that part of 1984 where Winston was mind broken and learned to love Big Brother like everyone else.

Back when I was a child I was baffled as to how people can work full time and not kill themselves. But now? Now I know.
>>
>>24376764
>tfw no commute, no boss, and the work I do is so low-key that I can play video games while doing it
>>
>>24376804
What work do you do?
>>
Who /borntowork/ here?

I feel like I can never relax. I'm going straight through school no breaks either working or full classes in the summer. I'm about to take this summer off and ride all over burgerclapistan on my motorcycle. It feels weird to have that much freedom ahead of me. After that it'll be all gone :^(
>>
>>24376804
"HO I DO ONLINE WORK"
no you don't. You don't make money
>>
>tfw rich
>tfw I run a social networking company
>tfw nobody on 4chan believes me
>>
>>24376764
You need to realize that humans adapt, take a look at Stockholm Syndrome and you'll understand what I mean. If you picked up trash around your city for eight hours a day five days a week eventually you would come to not hate it.
>>
>>24376764
Former NEET also, I was the same.

I agree that the fears of obligation, responsibility, and fear my bosses would fuck me over at any time (which happened with a job I had in my early 20s) I used to have were highly exaggerated.

But, I sure as fuck don't enjoy my job and will go back NEET the instant it's feasible for me to do so financially.
>>
File: 1439940451578.jpg (89 KB, 386x661) Image search: [Google]
1439940451578.jpg
89 KB, 386x661
>tfw have 2 jobs working full and part time
>no rent and no bills
>alone and still living with parents
>I am at the point where I don't want a gf.
>>
>>24376873
Contemporary Japanese anthropologist who is currently studying the hikikomori lifestyle.
>>
File: 1439776412186.png (152 KB, 1387x805) Image search: [Google]
1439776412186.png
152 KB, 1387x805
I know that feel OP. I start to go insane when on 3 day weekends. I need structure so I don't just sit around feeling tfwnogf all day.
>>
>>24376764
I actually enjoy the mindless work. I don't have to think and can be a real robot
>>
>>24377108
Except I do, and for a "real" company making use of the degree I have too. I make right around $38k a year. Which may not seem like much, but given I don't need anything to do with a car, that's a big savings.
>>
>TFW 24 years old

>TFW Landed a job as a software engineer at a big tech company

>TFW Just got promoted and now make $175,000 a year living in Seattle where its not that expensive.

I am very /mind-warped wageslave/
>>
>>24377192
Stockholm Syndrome actually does exist?
Quit being a kek and apply for rapist!
>>
>>24376764
Thanks for spoiling 1984 for me a-hole.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.