[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is life so unfair?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1394241437106.jpg (73 KB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
1394241437106.jpg
73 KB, 300x263
>get straight A's in highschool and college
>unemployed

>troublemaker kid with straight F's
>started a restaurant and getting million dollars per year now
>>
>>24376682
>started a restaurant
There ya go. He took some risks and it paid off.
>>
>>24376724
>starting a restaurant
>risky

no, it isn't.

you just have to be alpha ("badass") and people will come to your restaurant regardless of the food.

restaurant making is the high school of adults.
>>
>>24376724
>Daddy can i have some money to start a restaurant?
>risk
>>
>>24376682
>started a restaurant
>million dollars
Something like 90% of restaurants go under almost immediately. Most of the ones that are just barely getting by.

It's like getting mad at someone for winning a lottery or getting to play in the NFL.
>>
>>24376737
>no, it isn't.

oh am i laughing

How wrong you are, more then 50% of restaurants close in the first 3 months of opening. There are a lot of factors that can make you not succeed and it is even harder when you are a no name wannabe.
>>
>>24376759
It's actually 26% within the first year
60% within the first three
>>
>smartest kid in my high school (highest ACT and SAT scores)
>get accepted into top uni in the state
>ranked #14 in the country, a public ivy
>get job post-graudation making $14/hr designing websites

>fat ugly kid who barely graduated high school
>used to pay me to do his community college courses
>gets a job at a hotel center taking calls starting $15/hr
>now in the manager position making $28/hr

JUST
>>
>>24376682
>get straight B's in school
>do it tough through uni
>end up getting a cushy public sector job with a nice pension

>troublemaker getting straight F's
>football star in the making, everything on a silver plate
>crashes into a pillar while drink driving, career ruined because of disabilities
>>
Education has no bearing in this world. All that matters is the amount of luck you have.

>Have a rich family?
Oh, then daddy can start any business for you! Even if you have a GPA of 2!
>100 people apply for same job?
Only a few people will get picked, even if they have the same amount of education.
>Get rejected for the job?
Oh well! At least you have McDonalds to work at.
>>
>>24376737
What the fuck are you saying? Being alpha or not won't influence your business, never went to a single restaurant in my life where I knew who the owner was.
>>
>>24376682
the other guy started his own business, and perhaps he's a good businessman. Grades don't mean everything, you know. Cliche stories like this get repeated a lot but John Carmack never even came close to finishing college, and was arrested and thrown in juvie for attempting to steal computers from his high school. But he's a fucking genius and multimillionaire now.

You should stop looking to be a wageslave and start a business.
>>
>>24376844
I wanted to look up how to be a home inspector because my family has a lot of connections in real estate, but 99.99% of what google returns is advertising for "Home inspection training schools"
>>
File: 1447940509198.gif (731 KB, 300x209) Image search: [Google]
1447940509198.gif
731 KB, 300x209
>claiming that you're so intelligent that you should get paid for it
>not being able to understand the just world fallacy
kek
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.