[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched my mother die. The family decided to pull the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: latest[2].png (400 KB, 1362x686) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
400 KB, 1362x686
I just watched my mother die.

The family decided to pull the plug even though I didn't agree with it.

I don't really know what to think.

Has anyone else here burdened this pain?
>>
>>24376539
How fucked up was she? Honestly kf she was that bad off pulling the plug would be the most humane thing to do.
>>
>>24376604
liver failure from alcohol

they wouldn't let me do a transplant
>>
>>24376539
How long did she drink for to get to that stage. Just wondering im screwed or not
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 400x600
Time for vengeance OP.
>>
>>24376820
Once you get to liver failure, you are FUCKED

Even if you have the money for a transplant and you have a willing doctor, and you're in the best health care in America (Massachussets is where i am, highly known for its skilled doctors), doctors will refuse to transplant a liver that belongs to an alcohol drinker because fuck you

i was going to attempt to contact the Make-a-Wish foundation and try to get them to OK the transplant, but it was too late, really...

if you drink yourself to liver failure, you are dead. there is no hope of recovery. 0%. No treatment, no cure, you die.
>>
>>24376861
I recognize that 1911
It's the .45 from new vegas
>>
>>24376539
Thank goodness your family made the right decision. You selfish fuckers who can't let go of the dying are a menace and deserve a special place in hell.
>>
>>24376894
Are you OP? What i meant was that was she heavily drinking for years on end, or does it happen actually kinda quickly?
>>
File: wojaks know the feel.png (38 KB, 517x476) Image search: [Google]
wojaks know the feel.png
38 KB, 517x476
>>24376785
Fuck. Anon that's how my mom died too and tfw it would have been her birthday yesterday.
>>
>>24376924
She was drinking for years, but this happened suddenly

We woke up 5 days ago at 10AM in the morning to my mom screaming 'ow ow ow ow ow'

brought her to hospital

she started yanking out the cords as they were trying to give her medicine because she was terrified, so they put her in a medically induced coma

she never woke up
>>
>>24376973
Aren't you going to sue the atomic fuck out of them?
>>
>>24377076
she was pulling the cords and saying "no"

i don't really think you can sue for that. at that point she would've died without the medicine
>>
>>24377111
Why wasn't she allowed to resist treatment?

Are hospitals just allowed to drug people to death?
>>
>>24377202
>Are hospitals just allowed to drug people to death?

If your only option to live is to get drugged to death, yes
>>
>>24377202

Yep. Most hospital deaths are from tube mixups. Including a woman who had the lovely feeling of chicken soup being pumped through her veins before she died.
>>
>>24378763
>chicken soup
How the fuck did that mix-up happen
>>
>>24378734
>>24378763
I'd still sue the fuck out of them.

People have sued for much more ridiculous shit, and won.

And in the US you can't be forced to undergo treatment. I don't get why they would forcefully drug her if she was resisting.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.