[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >english is not a native language >english lesson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: 1439662905571.jpg (188 KB, 1400x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439662905571.jpg
188 KB, 1400x1200
>be me
>english is not a native language
>english lesson at school
>do not write notes during lessons cause it's pointless for me
>"Anon, why are You not writing? I hope You won't have problems with the thing later on."
>a random girl from my class speaks up
>But Miss Normie! Anon already knows everything. He knew english already by the time he was born. haha
>tfw speak up myself, saying
>"No, I was just a very lonely child which was desperate for closure, fragments of which I found in places far away or ones that You cannot even find on a map. Yet sitting in one place if not crumbling to the ground in tears."
>sit down and whisper to myself
>"Guess not much has changed ever since..
>their faces and the awkward silence
>>
>You

Looks like you need to pay more attention in school.
>>
>>24376445
not really, writing things like You, They/Them, He, She etc capitalized despite it being in the middle of a sentance is a common thing for me, I am aware that it's incorrect but I do it anyway.

Actually it's a referrance cause in my language one writes like that to express respect or what not, and well, for me, it jus feels comfy.
>>
>>24376445
That's what you pick him up on? Not his awful grammar or misuse of words?
It sounds like someone used google translate to write it.
>>
>>24376475
You make other mistakes, as well. Such as "referrance", which should be "reference". How old are you?
>>
>>24376475
>sentance
You should've listened and took down notes instead of sperging out in front of your class fucking autist
>>
>>"No, I was just a very lonely child which was desperate for closure, fragments of which I found in places far away or ones that You cannot even find on a map. Yet sitting in one place if not crumbling to the ground in tears."

its a refence to video games?

kill yourself anyway you cringy sperg
>>
>>24376475
Yes, really. You act like you're smart, but then use incorrect grammar and claim it's just "a common thing for me".

You're just as fucking stupid as the rest of pal, stop kidding yourself.
>>
Damn, people get mocked here for verbose scorn and depreciation but if you can do it in style like op then fucking go for it.
>>
>>24376583
>in style
>Guess not much has changed ever since.

if that style is sounding like a retard then yeah
>>
>>24376445
>>24376510
>>24376519
>>24376532
>implying native speakers are any better

Most people don't know the difference between its/it's or their/there/they're, use "they" as a singular pronoun, and can't form perfect tenses properly (had went instead of had gone, etc.).
>>
>>24376611
Not what I was implying but that is true. Native speakers are more fluent than you.
>>
>>24376611
Well, I'm not a native speaker either. But angloc.ucks being bad at their own language doesn't make OP any better.
>>
>>24376638
Not even OP, I'm a native speaker too.

Most aren't that much more fluent than OP.

Conversely, some of the most articulate people I've met have been non-native speakers.
>>
File: 1410008702828.png (102 KB, 550x495) Image search: [Google]
1410008702828.png
102 KB, 550x495
>>24376421
>fragments of which I found in places far away or ones that You cannot even find on a map. Yet sitting in one place if not crumbling to the ground in tears.
>>
>>24376519
Can't argue with that, and so guess the lesser concepts such as simple spelling are bigger of an issue for me. As for the age Im 20 by now.
>>24376559
Um, no, actually not, especially considering I do not play much. It just somewhat is the way I speak or write in default.
>>24376564
>implying I want to impress anyone with my lack of intelligence
cease to fool around

this thread went out of control even quicker then I tought it would, great job gentlemen
>>
File: 1323026167724.jpg (26 KB, 474x473) Image search: [Google]
1323026167724.jpg
26 KB, 474x473
Just wanted to say you were an edgy retard OP and that shit is dumb.
Gain some self awareness and try not to act like a sperge in future, nobody cares about your gay problems.
I go to a poetry society and even there I don't hear shit as gay as this.
>>
>>24376672
>native speakers aren't much more fluent than OP

see >>24376697
>>
>>24376421
>>24376697

Using more complicated way to say something for no reason doesn't make you better.If you spent your time reading books instead of shitposts on the internet, your English would probably be better.
Is it common in your native language to leave out the subject?
>>
File: 1423775068396.jpg (62 KB, 554x390) Image search: [Google]
1423775068396.jpg
62 KB, 554x390
>>24376817
Oh for fucks sake, what's your point.
I don't see why would trying to make myself look better be my point, not to mention on an anonymous board.
If my speech is so complicated then lucky me, maybe I can solve equally complicated mathematical equations. But to be honest, unluckily I think not.
And instead of accusing me of shitposting you could recommend me the damned literature in particular. Cause I don't think reading random shit makes one smarter.
At last what subject am I leaving out, cause I clearly do not perceive it.
>>
>>24376421
>>24376475
I strongly suggest you go take those lessons a bit more seriously.
Your English is fucking awful.
>>
>>24377044
No it's not that bad.
>>
>>24377051
You don't even understand proper punctuation, how can you be so full of yourself that you think you don't need to take notes in class, huh?
>>
>>24376961
It's very difficult to understand because you don't use English grammar (seems Spanish), and the words you're using don't quite mean what you think they do.
The others are right - you should have paid more attention in school.
>>
>>24376961
Nah, you are putting words in my mouth. I never said you are trying to make yourself look better. Just trying to give you some advice. I didn't accuse you of shitposting either, just reading shitposts. Reading won't make you smarter, but it may help with your English. Ask /lit/ or google a list of worthwhile books, whatever.
>>
File: 1427735032017.png (48 KB, 333x286) Image search: [Google]
1427735032017.png
48 KB, 333x286
This is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>24377051
As an English major who spent a lot of summers teaching in multiple countries, yours is fairly bad. European high school drop out level.
>>
>>24377240
>English major
lmao you a batty or something?
>>
>>24377264
It's my undergrad for law school.
>>
>>24377295
American education sure is fucked, innit?
Why would you need to get a worthless degree to get into law school? Why not just weed everyone out using ridiculous exams?
>>
File: 1427775282015.jpg (51 KB, 453x402) Image search: [Google]
1427775282015.jpg
51 KB, 453x402
>>24377240
That two of my posts could've been shit doesn't mean my whole english is. Especially considering that Im able to use it fluently and somewhat correct.
>>
>>24377331
No, but every post as bad as those, i.e. as bad as the one you just made, do give off the impression that you don't know the language at all.

Fluency is no accomplishment, but a prerequisite to learn the language properly. Once you're fluent, you basically start over at zero. The idea of fluency is that you know a language so well that you can accurately think using that language. That you associate words not with their different language equivalents but the concepts they represent.

>Especially considering that Im able to use it fluently and somewhat correct.
I think it's really funny how you make a mistake in your assertion that you can use the language correctly. If that was a joke, it was really great one.
>>
>>24377318
It actually is. There's not even a pre law undergrad, most people just do poly sci,history,English,or philosophy. Same for pre med but people do biology or chem eng.

>>24377331
Your actual vocabulary and grasp is alright, but you order your sentences like someone who learned the bare minimum to communicate. You use too formal of statements. Like
>>24377051
Here an English speaker might just sat
>no it's not
And
>>24376697
>cease to fool around
Is incorrect, but even if it was, no English speaker would say that.

Your English really isn't as bad as the thread makes it out to be, but I believe if you spend more time on here or any English forum or wherever you may pick up better English skills. However you do have adjective and object issues, I definitely wouldn't say you're fluent.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.