[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make friends online?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: gondola.png (18 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gondola.png
18 KB, 640x480
How do I make friends online?
>>
>>24376186
Post your cock
>>
>>24376186
>implying people online are friendly
>>
>>24376186
ERP with people, be maximum lewd
>>
>>24376215
this you will never make any friends. if anything you'll add someone for a few days maybe weeks and after you run out of stuff to talk to, you'll end up just annoying the shit out of them while they want to go do other things besides listen to whatever you have to say. You'll watch as things go from good to bad and then eventually you'll cut contact and wonder why you ever bothered.
so don't
>>
>>24376186

Mostly don't. If you want to make friends, do it in person.

Go out more, volunteer, etc.

Online, take part in communities that you're interested in the topic for, and if you make some friends there, great. But never go online with "make some friends" as your objective. You'll end up meeting a lot of weirdos. Not to mention if you think you meet a nice girl, good chance she's whacked.

Source: Me. The two worst girls I've ever met in my life, I met online. The only two girls I'd consider downright evil minded. All the other girls which I met in real life, we had disagreements for the most part, but never any outright wicked behavior from them. Also, general MMO 'friends' are fine in game, but things get weird when you take it outside the game. Very strange actually, it's like the MMO social framework was the only thing keeping them in line or something.
>>
>>24376270
If you have shitty social skills don't even bother with real life. You'll be blown out any social circle
>>
>>24376270
If you make friends volunteering you'll make friends with people who volunteer
If you make friends playing sports you'll make friends with sports fans
So if you want friends who are shut-in gaming weebs where do you go?
>>
>>24376270

I should add, by topics, I mean things like actual hobbies. If you get into woodworking, go on a woodworking forum, etc.

Do NOT go to places to discuss entertainment topics, like tv shows games etc. Those kinds of forums aren't people talking about DOING and taking action, they're talking about something passive. Which is why they'll have a lot of weirdos and hence toxic communities.
>>
>>24376454
you dont. you need to establish yourself in some community where people like that go. if you can't do that or are not willing to act that way then you are fucked.
>>
ill be ur friend anon. Whats ur facebook? I have any online friends.
>>
You need shared experiences to grow together. So something like omegle doesn't work too well. You usually drift apart very quickly after adding them to your skype/kik/whatever. If however you have a group of people that meets everyday on a forum or chatroom (centered around a subject) you have a better chance of getting to know them better over time and start to give a shit about each other. Even better if you join them in activities beyond that, like projects, playing games, or other shit.

However since it's online, the friendships for the most part remain shallow and trust can be a bit of an issue (depends on the type of community though).
>>
>>24376454
apply to IT at a community college, theres literally edgelords that wear fedoras and trenchcoats while smoking cigars in those clases and the others there are the r9k type (at least at my school).

don't fuck with computer sciences in uni though, theres only dudebro normalfags in those classes.
>>
as much as i hate it, try steam friends threads
if you dont click with the person you will delete him or he will delete you
BUT i have 4 people from these threads ive been friends with for over 3 months
>>
File: Aedriw.png (2 KB, 252x32) Image search: [Google]
Aedriw.png
2 KB, 252x32
I'm getting worried.
>>
>>24376186
post more of this ebin new spurdo and explain. I don't really browse ylilauta properly (i'm assuming that's where it came from)
>>
Hey Oppie, I'll be your friend!

Lets see Star Wars 7 together! Are you in Chicago area m8?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.