[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you daydream? I do this thing where I make up random scenarios
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: daydreaming.jpg (87 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
daydreaming.jpg
87 KB, 300x450
Do you daydream?

I do this thing where I make up random scenarios in my head while I'm still awake. Just lying in bed, going through imaginary conversations and situations. Most of the time I don't doze off. Does this count as daydreaming? If not, is there a name for it?
>>
Yeah, I do this
Nothing too fancy, though
Usually just ordinary conversation
I used to make up tons of crazy scenarios as a teen/kid, though, and just spend hours fully traversing the mental landscape
Good times
>>
>>24375569
Yeah I do
At first I thought I do that because I'm so lonely, but maybe it's because of it afterall
>>
All day, everyday. Sometimes I am alone. Sometimes I'm in a fantasy world. Sometimes I am in Hell. I'm never daydreming about myself in Heaven. I talk to demons and think about hate, hopelessness and nothing good.
>>
>>24376265
I do this too but I also daydream heavenly things in equal measure
>>
>>24375569
I remember conversations I had ages ago and thinking about what else I could have said to make it better. I also have my own fantasy world I like to think about.
>>
>>24375569
I do it too except all the scenarios are where I'm cool instead of a loser
>>
Almost everytime
>>
>>24376282
I'm often daydreaming about being cool too
>>
Anyone else here a masterful conversationalist with yourself/the people in your head, but never in real life?
I always know what to say, and actually have things to say, when I talk to myself/fictional characters in my head. But in real life, it's just completely blank, like something is siphoning my untapped charisma and originality.

Shit sucks.
Communicating is so hard.
>>
>>24376353
yes very much so. i even let the voices in my head speak in a stream of consciousness sort of way so that it can seem that i am talking to something apart from myself. it's like a certain level of madness and there are deeper circles of madness to reach
>>
> it's like a certain level of madness and there are deeper circles of madness to reach
>>
>>24376404
>i even let the voices in my head speak in a stream of consciousness sort of way so that it can seem that i am talking to something apart from myself
I love doing this
You can learn so many things about yourself and end up in so many interesting tangential places like that
>>
>>24376279

>I remember conversations I had ages ago and thinking about what else I could have said to make it better.

That's what I find myself doing most of the time, but I'm trying not to. Doing it brings me temporary "relief", but after that the regrets become worse.
Sometimes I wish for a way to stop the inside voice, because I'm unintentionally wandering towards those past conversations. I'd rather not think anything than those.

>>24376353

>like something is siphoning my untapped charisma and originality

Probably because you set up your own conversations in your head and are subconsciously shaping them to be appropriate for the response you're prepared for. Talking to a real person obviously won't work like that; the conversation will be spontaneous.
>>
>>24376618
It's both that and that I don't feel my usual guarded fear
I don't have to worry about not understanding the other person, or that they won't understand me. I don't have to worry about saying the "right" things
I actually, literally feel confident which means I can speak my mind more easily

You're totally right though
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.