[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how much money would you need to live a long life comfortably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1447696292697.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447696292697.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
how much money would you need to live a long life comfortably as a neet from the age of 23
>>
File: drevil_cover.jpg (25 KB, 578x258) Image search: [Google]
drevil_cover.jpg
25 KB, 578x258
>1 billion dollars
As a human bean you should be striving to be the best you can be, not looking for the easy way out
>>
~1.5M USD tbqh
>>
depends on inflation
>>
>>24371539
Depends how well you can invest it. If you have a lot of money you're not just going to leave it in the bank.
>>
>>24371539
assuming you live as cheaply as physically possible: cook your own (simple) food, bicycle or walk everywhere, don't have any hobbies besides some computer stuff, reading, or maybe music, you live in a cheap place (assuming the US) by renting a room for a couple hundred a month and you own few large items like a microwave, fridge, bed, computer, basic clothing, toiletries, and lastly you are committed to not supplementing income through begging or part time/piecemeal work, you can get away with $575,000 over 60 odd years, living up into your 80's.
>>
>>24371539
>>24371652
or if you define "living comfortably" as "not really worrying about money as long as i'm not stupid" you can live modestly on $25k a year and have some left over for the occasional luxury item.
>>
>>24371539
Depends on what kind of life you want to live. I'm getting ready to retire with just $20k. Though, I'm very likely to do some online work to pay for food. I still consider it retirement because I never have to deal with society again and its easy as fuck to sit on my ass filling out online surveys.
>>
>>24371580
how did u arrive at this figure
>>
>>24371539
About $350-400k. $250 if you're starting from 33. You have to move to a reasonably cheap country though.
>>
>>24372422
Your math is bad. Why would he blow through $100k in 10 years, then slow way the fuck down? Unless you figure he'd off himself around 50ish, then I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>24372528
Well obviously you're not going to live a NEET lifestyle after 55 or so.

But it's not because of that, see, you can lifve off interest up until a certain point, and then you can just start taking money straight from the pile in the later years, when it's clear you're nearing the end. That's why you don't need as much money later on.
>>
>>24371564
what will that do?
>>
>>24371539
I'd say about 400k should be good to be comfortable living in a non-shithole area. Additionally, as you will be living NEET life, governmentbux can extend your retirement substantially.
>>
One autismbux per month.
>>
>>24372627
you will face adversity and hardship in your life, thats just reality. If you are already someone who is capable to dealing with it then you'll be able to overcome that adversity instead of crumbling in the face of it
>>
>>24372603
What happens at 55? You stop paying for internet and just look at the ceiling all day?
What kind of interest are you making off a measly $250k? You could hardly live off the interest from $1m.
>>
>>24372732
I see you're a complete retard so obviously there's no explaining anything to you.
>>
>>24372765
Enlighten me.
>>
>>24371539
>tfw trust fund of a couple mil coming to fruition in a couple years

rags to riches boys
>>
>>24371539
If I didn't pay any bills, I could get by on $12,500 a year, $20k starts getting comfy, and idk what I would need if I were to need to pay bills.

t.californian
>>
>>24372798
>trust fund
>rags to riches
I don't think that means what you think it means.
>>24372804
What is this "t." maymay I keep seeing?
>>
$1,080,000 if I live to about 80 yrs old and prices/etc. don't change at all/I don't get into any emergencies.
>>
>>24372828
>prices don't change
>never have an emergency
What kind of inflation-free paradise are you living in?
>>
>>24372842
I'm not, but I can't estimate for those things.
But I can say that I can easily live off $1,500 a month when things are "steady", so there is a rough idea of how much I "need".
You'd have to adjust inflation accordingly.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.