[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making your parents ashamed and watching anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 535353535353.png (431 KB, 599x420) Image search: [Google]
535353535353.png
431 KB, 599x420
Today my aunt was over and mom made me crawl out of my cave to talk to her
I was showing her some of my new paintings in the living room that I've been making (pic related is one of them) and she kept saying "wow anon these are so good! so much talent" blah blah so I shouted "arigatou gozaimasu!" then saw the ashamed look of disapproval and regret of giving birth on my mothers face standing behind my aunt as she said "well I think that you've shown enough I'm going to go show aunt anon the garden now" and they both left
This would have never happened if I lived in Japan
>>
File: 1447879148795.png (95 KB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1447879148795.png
95 KB, 235x240
Just more jealous 3d women I guess
>>
>>24369969
Isnt that a bob ross painting?
>>
>>24370464
It's not, but you can tell it's where a lot of the ideas come from
His show is what made me get back into it since I stopped and made me change my style completely
I like it though
>>
>so I shouted "arigatou gozaimasu!"
People actually do this.
>>
>>24370495
Ah that explains
It looks really nice tough
>>
those colors r truly hideous OP
>>
New homescreen on phone :) thanks anon:) (arigatou)
>>
>>24370557
itashimasu!
>>
File: 1447906795524.png (219 KB, 446x450) Image search: [Google]
1447906795524.png
219 KB, 446x450
>>24369969

>this would have never happened if I lived in Japan
>implying

Today OP will learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk
>>
>>24371325

this is so mean
>>
>>24371325
An autist in one country is an autist in every country. There is no escape.
>>
really pretty painting op.
>>
>>24369969
is that really your painting? did you scan it into the computer? or was it maid on the computer?
>>
>>24369969
it was probably because you did something very weird and embarrassed her. Most americans don't know what that phrase means.
>>
>>24369969
looks great.
please draw me a cactus
>>
You have shadows going in two directions
>>
>>24369969
Did you paint that?
It looks like a fucking terrible painting, no gallery owner worth shit would pay for garbage like that.
Do you want me to go over what makes it awful?
>>
>>24372480
the shadows don't look right, but he's obviously skilled if that's his.
please kill yourself
>>
>>24373055
The problem with this are not the shadows.
It's the composition and the style.

The style is not interesting, it's the cheap kitsch garbage you can find anywhere, this has no artistic value.
>>
>>24371458
Japs are mean.
>>
>>24369969

>bringing dishonour on your famiry

You have a long way to go, kid.
>>
>>24373071

>all this normie pretentiousness

Go kill yourself.
>>
>>24373157
It's not pretentious.
Explain what the artistic value of this is.
Art serves a purpose beyond looking nice.
Something that does nothing but look nice is kitsch.
>>
>>24373071

I suppose your art is vastly superior and sells for many thousands? Please, share it with us.
>>
>>24373169
Why does my art matter?
A critic has no need to be capable of reproducing the art he is criticizing.
>>
>>24373168
>Art serves a purpose
That's literally the opposite of what art is supposed to do
>>
>>24373240
Then tell me what is art supposed to do?
Looking pretty is not all art is about.
>>
>>24373168
>>Artistic value
>>Art serves a purpose beyond looking nice.
>>Something that does nothing but look nice is kitsch.
Implying

>>24369969
Got anything orientated vertically m8?
>>
>>24373264
Tell me, what am I implying?
Talking about artistic value is not pretentious, do you even understand what "pretense" is?
>>
>>24373071
It's fine as a practice piece anon. It takes a lot of shit paintings to make a good one.

Biggest technical issue is how the mountains between the sun and the viewer are lit by a warm glow. They should be a cold gray hue with the blooming light from the sun superimposed over them.
>>
>>24373248
Art does not have a specific purpose. Something can do nothing but look pretty and be art.
I think OP's painting looks very pretty. It uses colors nicely and reminds of me of New Mexico or something.
>>
>>24373071
Confirmd for degenerate decadent non-inspiring expressionist

Fucking pleb
>>
I don't get it.

Why is the color of your water not matching the sunset? It should almost have an orange gleam to it, but you went with green instead
>>
>>24373286
The problem is not how it looks, not the perspective, none of that.

It's the stylistic choice to emulate those fucking American "luminism" wankers who never did anything, but spark a whole movement of art students copying the style to make a quick buck of idiots during garage sales.

>>24373288
Art is expression, it's communication.
What is this picture telling us?

>>24373290
Yes, because photorealism inspired paintings lost all value with the advent of photography.
>>
>>24373341
please post your own art
>>
>>24373071
>arguing over "what is art"
enough hipster faggot. I bet you use all apple products too.
>>
>>24373403
Kitsch is also art, just bad and worthless art.
>>
>>24369969
>This would have never happened if I lived in Japan

No. It would have been even fucking worse. You would drag out your gay painting in front of your family. You would sperg out after a simple compliment. Your father would hear of this, come home and yell at you FOR SHAMFUR DISPRAY DISHONOR FAMIRY!!! You know otaku faggots like you are so hated and disliked in Japan that the government actually has fucking programs to try and make you normal or at the very least, get a fucking job. Be happy you live in America where your good for nothing parents/family are too weak willed to tell you what you need to hear.
>>
>>24373090
Fuck yeah they are. Asians in general are pretty soulless.
>>
>>24371325
I work at an American location of a Japanese company, that has a lot of "blue collar" type of employees. They come here to America because their training is cheaper for their careers. I can tell you, they would rip a guy like OP to shreds. They are no afraid to be rude and blunt. Fun guys though. Real Japanese men like to chain smoke and drink. None of them like Anime or any of that weeb shit.
>>
>>24372480
Nobody buys art because they like it. Art galleries are mostly just money laundering and pretentiousness. People who buy art because they like it, pay $12 for it at chain store or find it at garage sales.
>>
>>24373454
>Real Japanese men like to chain smoke and drink. None of them like Anime or any of that weeb shit.
For now...just wait until the current herbivore generation take over.
>>
Landscapes are so boooooring.
>>
>>24373341
>The problem is not how it looks, not the perspective, none of that.
Yes it is.

>It's the stylistic choice to emulate those fucking American "luminism" wankers [...]
Emulating styles is great practice even though it doesn't make great art (which the OP image is decidedly not).
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.