[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do old people depress the fuck out of anyone else? They are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 1429842889639.jpg (457 KB, 1280x1117) Image search: [Google]
1429842889639.jpg
457 KB, 1280x1117
Do old people depress the fuck out of anyone else?

They are just shells of their former selves. Many don't even have family who show that they give a shit or call for a happy birthday.
Some of these guys are doctor's, ww2 veterans, former teachers. They had 21st birthdays where they likely got piss-drunk with their friends at a bar.
They had their qt crushes in middle-school too, with their parents tucking them to bed everynight if they were lucky.

Their body start to shut down, hair falls out, skin gets wrinkly, hurts to move and now hurts to walk. Soon, their death.
Humans biologically were never intended to live that long. This will be most of us one day, even the edgytards who claim they won't live passed 40.
>>
at least we will have the internet

they will probably have old people's forums or something.
>>
File: 1445869745919.jpg (36 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1445869745919.jpg
36 KB, 482x427
yeah I feel you, but it's not so bad as long as they have their memories of life
>>
>>24369642
>tfw you'll be 85 years old and shitting yourself while you shitpost

truly a glorious time to be alive

hey who knows maybe we'll live just long enough to get our minds uploaded to a computer
>>
Sometimes, but it's the middle aged people that really get me. Go to your local supermarket and see the overweight, balding husband who looks depressed as fuck. Next to him are his screaming, nasty children. And then worse of all his ugly, obese, nagging wife. That used to be a happy man. He never wanted that to be his life.
>>
File: 1445584316672.png (451 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1445584316672.png
451 KB, 499x499
>>24369677
maybe we'll live long enough to see the first and last nuclear world war. The extinction of humanity will be fun to watch.
>>
File: old.png (26 KB, 594x631) Image search: [Google]
old.png
26 KB, 594x631
>>24369494
Time doth make fools of us all
>>
>>24369677
>tfw it will be big news and constant, solemn reminders of your own mortality as a different member dies every week
Neat-o
>>
>tfw you find out the password to the old folks router and redirect all the residents internet to goatse
>>
File: 1426212820761.jpg (36 KB, 388x380) Image search: [Google]
1426212820761.jpg
36 KB, 388x380
>>24369646
what if they have no good ones? fuck
>>
File: 1421861328324.png (715 KB, 629x758) Image search: [Google]
1421861328324.png
715 KB, 629x758
>tfw when we die that's probably it
>>
>>24369952
It is it anon. Shit's over. At least it can't be suffering.

It's going to be weird being dead for billions and billions of fucking years.

I just want to see aliens, what they look like and how they operate before I die, that would make me content I think.
>>
>>24369952

And we all are wasting it.

The thought of dying and there being nothing makes me freak out.
>>
>Grandfather is a Korean War vet
>great marksman
>loves working on things
>could have become a professional golfer
>started developing Parkinson's Disease
>lost his golf game
>lost his accuracy
>got to where he had trouble picking things up
>now lives in a nursing home
>can't visit him often because I'm in the military now
>every time I see him, he's gotten worse
>has trouble talking; even when the room is quiet almost nobody can understand what he says

I'm not going to die like that. If I start to get Parkinson's, I'll find something spectacular to do that will kill me in the process.
>>
>>24369952
Thats a bad thing? Death is the way to escape the pains of life. You no longer have your ego to chain you down to one understanding of existence.

Seriously, what is so bad about dying? Why do people fight it so much? Because living is all you know. You're afraid of change. You've become attached to your life

Be grateful for your life and be grateful that you will one day be dead!
>>
>>24369494
They show me that nothing you do in llife means anything so I'm missing out on nothing. so nah
>>
>>24369952
Don't worry by the time you're that old you'll wish you were dead anyway.
>>
>>24369952
When i think about the inevitability of life and eventually the heat death of the universe, i feel calmed, not afraid. while i know when death is imminent i will be scared, but it good to know, that however i failed or succeeded in life will not matter in the slightest, and that will be exactly the same fate for those who got to live a life exactly how i wished i would have been able to spend mine. we are all equal. we are all nothing.
>>
>>24370477
conservation of energy
rapidly expanding universe
>>
>>24370573
HEAT
DEATH
>this comment is not original
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.