[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I get funnier? Some of you guys are very creative and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1445608259926.gif (959 KB, 140x192) Image search: [Google]
1445608259926.gif
959 KB, 140x192
How can I get funnier?

Some of you guys are very creative and make funny posts, how do you do it?

I want to be a fun person to talk to.
>>
go to krautchan
>>
Memorise entire Youtube Poops from 2008
>>
weed and alcohol are a good place to start
>>
>>24367342
But I don't understand them.
>>
Drugs man... lots of fuckin drugs
>>
I personally like to read bleeding edge memes on reddit and tell those jokes to my friends. To be honest, I'm the comedian of of social circle and as such earned the nickname cornhead Carl which is offputting
>>
My sense of humor developed due to my prolonged exposure to 4chan.

If you lurk long enough, you'll begin to learn what types of jokes are funny and how to execute them properly.

Comedy is skill that can be learned like any other. Of course there are people who are very naturally funny without trying terribly hard, but it is something that can be picked up by anyone.
>>
>>24367358
People just laugh at the fact that I'm drunk, not that I'm being especially funny.
>>
>>24367322
>I want to be a fun person to talk to

Watch good comedies, not shitty 4chan memes. Also you don't need to be funny to be fun to talk to. Here are some good qualities that people may look for when having a conversation with someone:

>empathetic
>good sense of humor (know when a joke is funny and able to respond positively)
>good story teller (this one is difficult but excellent if you can master it
>good listener (able to ask questions and talk to a person not about yourself but about the other person)
>jovial or easy going
>confidence (this is massive, especially with girls)

Things to avoid:

>talking only about yourself (which isn't to say that you can't talk about yourself. Just be sure to throw in a question every once in a while and relate the conversation to the person you are talking to)
>snide or arrogant
>aggressive sense of humor (although this is a socially acceptable way of making conversation, I think it's best to avoid it. You can pick any trait you want, so why be an asshole? plus it makes you look...)
>Insecure (this is a huge one. Even if you think you're a shitty person, at least have faith in your ability to fake that you're a good person)
>repetitive (I don't see any problem with learning a favorite comedians style of humor, but don't regurgitate the same jokes over and over. Memes lose their value outside the internet)

I think the be yourself meme is stupid because why would you be yourself if you're a crappy person. Instead, I think that you should come to terms with the fact that you can be whoever you want. All of those positive traits I mentioned can be learned with time, patience and practice. Anyways, hope this helps you.
>>
>>24367643
Oh and I almost forgot, don't be afraid to be polarizing! No matter what you do, not everyone will like you. So don't give a shit about who likes you and who doesn't and just be the person you want to be.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.