[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any NEETS spend all day working the stock market?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: stock-market-quotes1.jpg (1 MB, 1000x699) Image search: [Google]
stock-market-quotes1.jpg
1 MB, 1000x699
Any NEETS spend all day working the stock market?
>>
no and teach me if you do
>>
>>24366501

this, I'm going to inherit about $100k. Need to learn how to invest
>>
>>24366433
Nup. I'm dumb and have no capital. I've lost thousands of dollars with the stock market over the last two years. Should have just left my savings in the fucking bank.
>>
>>24366550
>thousands

Where the fuck were you putting your money?
>>
>>24366433
All day? Mines automatic. Buys at certain prices, sells at prices higher than that
>>
>>24366576
Mining and energy companies. They were all doing well and kept making money and I thought I was some kind of genius. Then they just gradually kept dropping and whilst I sold off a few at a loss I hung onto others expecting them to bounce back. They didn't.
>>
>>24366836
Energy's making a bit of a come back now.
>>
File: 1394733273806.jpg (183 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1394733273806.jpg
183 KB, 490x490
>>24366433

i would if i had money to invest
>>
>>24366836

Should held onto them a bit longer than a couple months
>>
>>24366861
Yeah, but it's pitifully far away from my initial investment and obviously profit. I've got no choice but to just hang onto them and hope they miraculously bounce back but I wouldn't estimate that happening for another 15 months.
>>
>>24366879
It's been 24 months. The ones I sold off I'm fucking lucky I did at the time.
>>
>>24366956
24 months? The fall started this year , March, April, may-ish timeframe
>>
>>24366522
First thing you're going to want to do is get off 4chan and not take investing advice from any anon on this website.

You're delusional if you think a robot has any good advice about money. If you want to make money through investing, you need to be determined and do the research yourself.
>>
>>24366433
>working the stock market
>OP didn't say playing the stock market
Thanks op you're the best.

I had 5k saved up in 2009. Bought Enbridge, TD, Costco, Starbucks, Valero Energy, Goldcorp. Sold all in Q2 last year. Bought a car and launched a startup with the monies.

I was in school at the time. Got lucky with the timing (i.e., had money saved up and became a conscious human just when the market was at its lowest, sold when I realized I wanted to get rich quick and not wait til I'm 40 when the market happened to be way up.)
>>
Just invest in bitcoins you stupid fucking imbeciles.
>>
>>24366989
I'm not American. My countries energy and mining stocks seem totally tied to China.
>>
>>24366522
100k? Pay someone do do it for you.
If you work on a '%of returns' payment rather than a flat rate, they'll have to work to your benefit.
>>
>>24366522
Get into bonds.
>>
>>24367094
Nvm then, the energy a ctor here dropped in that timeframe.
>>
>>24366433

>>24367018 [me, cont'd]

There's basically 2 ways to make $ in the stock market:

1) Pick a niche, and literally live and breathe it. Whether you're an alternative energy bear or a Spoo (S&P fut) bull - choose your niche and stick to it. Start with small monies and learn from your mistakes. Use 10x leverage after AT LEAST a year. You won't make bank on unleveraged equity but don't rush to margin buy unless you're very confident.

2) Weight your portfolio by asset-class and then buy market-wide exposure to that asset. Then fuck off to tend to a garden or something. Read the print newspaper every morning and don't fucking touch your investments other than when you rebalance quarterly/annually.
>>
>>24366433

>>24367018 me cont'd
>>24367148 me cont'd

>>24367133
Fuck bonds. Rising rates = falling prices. Bonds trade OTC and you'll be buying in tiny amounts so you'll get fucked on spreads with little to show for it. Fuck bonds.

If you think you can work the markets hysteria re: rising rates, then short-dated treasuries are the place to be.
>>
>>24367187
Oh, and also: fuck bonds >>24367133 you must be shitposting
>>
NEETs on the stock market are what we in the industry call naive/uninformed traders. it's literally how my business makes money.
>>
no, i'm a degenerate gambler who watches sports all day
>>
>>24367335
retail flow is the dumb money. anon speaks the truth.
>>
>>24367361
Did this too but made some bad bets
>>
>>24367335
So how exactly does your business make money?
>>
>>24366995

That's what I do, I pretty much look at anywhere that talks even remotely about it. Might bite me in the ass later.

>>24367018
>>24367335

I actually just want to use like a thousand bucks to start. People told me I wouldn't make anything but that's not the point.

I don't really need to make a living off of trading, just want to learn how it works without risking a significant amount of money.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 511x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 511x449
>tfw put all birthday money in stock
>tanks 60 %

Called APDN senpai

JUST
>>
>>24367148

You just said a whole bunch of words that I don't understand
>>
>>24367644
Probabaly a works for a brokerage commpany
>>
>>24367933
Haha my bad familia. There is no free money to be made in the stock market. You're either a) smart and fast, or b) smart and patient.
>>
>>24368990

What a dumb broad statement
>>
>>24366433
>NEET
>working
u wot m8?
>>
>>24367119
>>24367119
>PAYING SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT FOR YOU

Why would you do something so fucking retarded?
>>
>>24367148

I didn't understand anything you said. Can you dumb it down? I'm a bit of a retard
>>
>>24366522
Read 'the intelligent investor'
>>
>>24370272

THIS THIS THIS! Most of you in this thread do not have the luck, skill or inside connections to make quick money in the stock market. Not all of the advice in 'the intelligent investor' is still gospel, but the overall drift will get you into the right mindset about investing for the long term. When you learn more about how the market works you can branch into some riskier investments.
>>
I just opened a brokerage the other day, only can afford one stock though.
>>
>>24367133
Get into dubs
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.