[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /r9k/'s opinion of jigsaw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 720x400
What's /r9k/'s opinion of jigsaw?
>>
>>24356867
He puts in a lot of work for a couple of people.
He also doesn't really consider a persons history and what lead to those choices.
>>
>>24356893
True. And most of the people who he put through games would likely have eventually gone back to their old ways in a few years or decades anyway.

And some of his games looked only theoretically winnable, like in the first movie when a man waking up underwater was expected to look for and pick up a key in the bathtub he's soaking in.
>>
>>24356867
Self-righteous hypocritical vigilante moralfag targeting turbonormies because they crossed some lines in his faggy ideology.
>>
He had some valid points, but didn't really execute his plan well.
>>
>>24356956
>cut your eye out to get the key behind it
i mean come on, id rather get my head crushed or whatever than cutting out my own eye
>>
>>24356867
He's not a retard. That said he is ridiculously judgmental and deluded and has no right to be the judge, jury, and executioner in people's lives. That also said, I don't always disagree because with the deaths, some of the victims in the movies were absolute scum in my opinion. But that's of course, we're human and thus prone to emotional reactions.
>>
>>24357046
This. He says he wants to teach people to appreciate life, but in practice it seems more like he's just punishing people for semi-random reasons.

He's got some good ideas, but he went about spreading them poorly.
>>
>>24356867
He is the very anathema of my philosophy and ironically affirms the antinatalist view. If you are not born then you cannot be subjected to one of his traps. He should have just killed pedos and other ne'erdowells or something. Giving people PTSD so they appreciate life is kind of dumb. Adversity can build character but losing limbs is probably just going to put you in a state of permanent shock. If you are a druggy then experiencing something so uncanny while being sober is just going to push you back into doing the drug.
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 572x845) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 572x845
>>24356867
Remember me?
>>
didnt his waifu get a miscarriage from getting the door slammed in by some degenerate?

A women came in looking for a female only method of transportation A MISCARRIAGE SHE GOT
>>
>>24356956
The key wasn't the point of the game. The only way to win the game of Saw 1 was cut your foot off. By telling Adam that the key was gone forever it was supposed to motivate him to act, but it didn't. Dr. Gordon cut his foot off, Detective Matthews broke his foot to get it off, but Adam decided to wait until he died of starvation/thirst until Amanda killed him. This game was winnable but Adam just didn't want to play.

>>24357007
Yeah this game and the one with the fat pedophile, I don't think I could have done it even knowing 100% that I was going to die. I guess that's the point of those.
>>
>>24357842
first of all, it was his wife, not his waifu. Waifus are 2d, wives are 3d.

Yeah, she had a miscarriage when a drug addict from the rehab clinic she worked for slammed a door open on her while robbing the place. This motivated the first saw game where he had to shove his face through a bunch of knives to escape and then he tried to kill John and fell into razor wire.
>>
>>24358059
That was probably the most retarded death in the series honestly
>>
>>24356893
His ideology that he was teaching his victims a lesson was retarded. Everyone just wanted to get out of these sick traps, changing yourself for the better had nothing to do with that.
>>
>>24358277
To be fair the creators actually tried to give the different characters different themes.

Jigsaw's games are about bettering yourself in some way. You transgressed in some way, you must go through some kind of punishing/semi-relevant trial. If you go through enough pain you can make it out the other side. There's always a right way to play even if it's unlikely.

Amanda's games are unwinnable. She's a murderer, plain and simple.

Hoffman's games are about the theme of revenge. His games aren't as well thought out but are generally more brutal. He cares less about the ideology and more about the pain. He's halfway between Jigsaw and Amanda.
>>
>>24358173
Most retarded method maybe. I think the most retarded reason a person died was in the fifth movie when they all beat each other up in the bomb room for safety tubes that, aside from being big enough to hold more than one person, there were enough of for everyone.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.