[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>8 months a NEET >manage to pass a telephone interview
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1446155572232.jpg (51 KB, 429x429) Image search: [Google]
1446155572232.jpg
51 KB, 429x429
>8 months a NEET
>manage to pass a telephone interview for a good job
>they invite me to an assessment centre, where I have to do an interview vis-a-vis with two managers, complete a group task and a single practical task
>have 2 weeks to prepare
>drive over there on the day, stuck in heavy London traffic in the pouring rain
>park outside the building
>sit there until it's time
>keep sitting there
>the assessment has been going on for nearly an hour now
>drive away, take a very long route home so my family doesn't know I bailed on the interview

Who else /selfsabotaging/ here? I just couldn't do it. I could already feel my face burning with red-hot embarrassment and pins and needles creeping down my body just sitting there in the car. Every week, it feels a little bit harder to go out and interact with the world.
>>
I gotchu senpai

At least you tried, and did well with the first interview

Keep going brah
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 580x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 580x352
Stop being a pussycat. Adapt or die.
>>
I know that feel. Interviews are absolutely horrible, so incredibly nerve-wracking. I recently got laid off from the best job I've ever had, and I'm back to being a NEET for the fifth time once again. The only positive thing I can tell you OP is that the more interviews you go on, the easier it gets. They'll still cause horrible overwhelming anxiety, but you'll be more accustomed to coping through them.

Sometimes I wonder, why do we exist? Just to suffer?
>>
Op dude if you actually did this, then you need some counseling or some shit or you need to seek help or support like taking a friend with you to the interview parking lot where they drop you off.

You need help if you aren't strong enough.
>>
>>24354133

My older brother had the same problem with anxiety making him bail on job interviews. He ended up committing suicide three years ago.
>>
>>24355731

I definitely appreciate the kind advice, but I have to disagree. Counseling and support don't do jack shit. It's an inadequate brain chemistry issue.
>>
>>24355572
you forgot the 3rd option
migration to a more favourable environment
>>
>>24354133
You need meds for anxiety, clearly.
This is beyond self-sabotage.
>>
>>24354133
meh...what's the worse that can happen.you fuck up and people laugh at you then they forget you ever went there after 2 hours
>>
>>24355784

Brain chemistry can be modified with behavioral interventions.

Medicine cannot fix your behaviors. It can only fix the feedback mechanisms.
>>
>>24354133
Nice try wagekeck, why would a neet that has everything he could possibly desire want a job
Keep working and spend less time making up stories you are only paid to do one
>>
File: 1391811833911.jpg (47 KB, 388x394) Image search: [Google]
1391811833911.jpg
47 KB, 388x394
>>24355572
>Adapt or die.
We're in the 21st century. It's "adapt or stay a NEET"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.