[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are warehouse jobs the most robot-friendly jobs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 34306f1.jpg (344 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
34306f1.jpg
344 KB, 736x414
Are warehouse jobs the most robot-friendly jobs?
>>
>>24352957
What about sys admin jobs?
>>
No, because you never work alone.
>>
>>24352971
You need to be knowledgeable
>>
>>24352984
but the only people you work out are fellow idiots and failures
>>
>>24353026
Ya im about to graduate college from computer systems tech but have no work experience.

I just want a comfy job
>>
>>24352957
late night security for an office park is the true robot job

99% of the time you do absolutely nothing, .5% of the time you chase a deer away or shine a light at some teenagers skating or smoking weed and the other .5% chance that something real happens you just call the real cops and wait for them to arrive
>>
File: ccd.gif (1 MB, 374x384) Image search: [Google]
ccd.gif
1 MB, 374x384
>>24352957
Self employment is the god tier robot job. In essence, just write and publish books if you're good at writing, make websites with ad space or the equivalent, and or pick up an engine software and design and publish some indie vidya games to steam. There are engines out there that would let you design them without any programming skills if you lack in that department. If you can draw, do commissions on art websites. If you can draw really well, try designing some logos and selling them at logo purchasing websites. You could easily earn 300 dollars per sale with logo method.

I wrote books, made a few websites, and am in the process of making a game. Have 20k saved so far, with a rate of 2.1-3.4K per month through book sales and ad revenue/earnings.
>>
No... you will work around a bunch of knuckledraggers who will mock you because their maturity never advanced beyond 7th grade.
>>
>>24353410
what fucking books did you write that net you 2 - 3k a month
>>
>>24353061
It's my dream job, plus they get payed extremely well. Difficult process to get because the local township screens it pretty rough.
>>
>>24353444
get a license from one of those nationally syndicated security companies and work whatever security job you can find until you get the experience/connections to land the one you want
>>
>>24353437
Re-read friendo. I don't earn that purely through books.

Elementary Mathematics textbook, elementary English textbook short stories, and a children's book.
>>
>>24353524
you can teach yourself to make websites and apps and the like but how you get a gig like writing textbooks and children's stories?

did you go to college at all or are you all self-taught?
>>
>>24353524
English textbook with short stories*
>>
>>24353549
Self published. Amazon has a pretty good program for it, so long as you're willing to sell over seas. You'd be surprised at how many parents/teachers pick up random textbooks and the like straight off the internet. Self taught.
>>
>>24353524
I started writing a story more as a joke, but I think if I cleaned it up it would actually be pretty good. How did you go about getting published?
>>
>>24352957
It's what I'm doing
>>
>>24352957
Just started in a warehouse. You can work without interacting with people but it seems pretty stressful. Times limits and quotas and shit.
Robots need freedom to go at their own pace.
>>
>>24353410
>tfw no skills or talent
Good luck on your shit, m8. You're doing well.
>>
>>24353771
are you a friendly robot?
>>
Is there any job where I can work about 10 hours a week? I don't have a lot of time, but need some money.
>>
>>24353041
they're mostly talkative normies or polish
>>
>>24352957
No, fuck warehouses, full of normies, chads and stacies in between college and sports.
>>
>>24353958
supermarket
>>
Anyone here worked as a night auditor before?
Sounds comfy as fuck, sitting around at night with no real duties.
>>
All I want is a job where I can sit on my own, not be bothered by anyone and generally not have to do anything. And be paid for it.

Is that so much to ask for?
>>
>>24352957
no security is
>>
I am working as a water treatment operator at the moment, you work shifts.

So basically the only time you really interact with people is when you are on the morning shift which is 7 hours long, afternoons are 8 hours and evenings are 9.

I'm not a robot or whatever, just fucking cant stand people at all, so this job is pretty cool, pays well too.
>>
tfw getting an interview for a giant company that services the whole city because i lied on my resume

i'm panicking tbqh
>>
File: pepe lives.jpg (33 KB, 320x314) Image search: [Google]
pepe lives.jpg
33 KB, 320x314
>>24354010
Thank God for non talkative poles.
>>
>>24352957
No. Most of the people you will be working with are nigger & spic normies that go clubbing and whatnot. One of them once asked me what the definition of phony was.
>>
>>24354816
>phony
In what context?
>>
I've been applying for a shitload of warehouse jobs the last few weeks. It's all I want. I can't operate in normal customer facing roles.

I just want a job in a warehouse and my life will literally be worth living. That's how low my goals are.

Tell me we're gonna make it family
>>
Yeah. It's good if you don't talk.

and if you fuck up it's hard for them to blame you for it.

it just gets into a real grind.
>>
>>24354870
man, just work for an agency.

they get the work for you.
>>
>>24354924
I did that, have had two interviews with different agencies. They haven't contacted me back yet and it's just soul destroying tbqh
>>
>>24352957
Nope you will never be alone and people will ask you about sports. Once you say you don't like sports it will be a daily thing to ask you why you don't like sports.

>not even football!?!?!?
>>
>>24354943
interviews?
I just talked in, signed forms, and then waiting for calls with work.
>>
>>24354851
She literally just asked me "hey anon, what does phony mean?". Went on to tell me how someone called her one along with some other high school tier drama stuff.
>>
>>24353437
Romance novels do really well on amazon. I'm considering after my next fish tank is completed,buying a computer for the sole purpose of doing that. I had a computer a while ago but that apartment caught on fire.
I miss my fucking computer
>>
Night audit at a hotel is the most robot friendly job.

>don't have to talk to people besides an occasional check in
>free breakfast
>stay up all night
>sit in the back office and watch movies
>watch security cameras
>only interact with people during the last hour of your shift
>>
>>24352957
You will work with some of incredibly unintelligent people. Like literally retarded.

That being said, warehouse jobs can be alright in that you don't need to deal with customers.
>>
As someone who worked in a warehouse for years and just quit, I would say

If you're unloading, chances are that the drivers are either foreign or thick as shit. You can have a chat with a few but don't expect to ever be able to stir the conversation towards something that you're actually interested in.

You might like who you work with but the banter soon wears thin. You find yourself keeping it up though because if you don't then you become the target, it's like a social game of tag.

Depending on the sector that the warehouse is involved in you might have to do a lot of lifting. Mine was retail so there was a lot of stock that needed putting into the racking for the shop floor people. Picking depots and specific factories probably allow for a lot more stuff to be left as a bulk pallet. Being physically fit is beneficial.

FLT operating is actually my favourite part of the job and being left to unload or fly pallets is a good robot experience. But in retail warehousing probably less than 50% of the job.

To sum it up, I would reccomend if you don't mind feeling isolated socially while at the same time being surrounded by people. Also go for a warehouse with specialized products/purpose rather than general retail or courier.

Also try and get trained on reach and counterbalance trucks. I have a pivot steer truck license which is pretty redundant out of retail.
>>
File: outdoorsy feels.jpg (33 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
outdoorsy feels.jpg
33 KB, 500x521
>>24352957
For the past two summers and during school breaks I've worked at a landscaping depot/ nursery center.

>30 minute lunchbreak, along with two 15 minute breaks every day
>Get to work outside all day
>Good exercise so I don't have to join the gym to stay fit
>Spend all day planting/ irrigating in a sunny field listening to my music, bothered by nobody
>Get swole as fuck dragging bags of mulch/ rocks everywhere
>Driving a forklift is fun
>In the afternoons as the sun sets when everything is done, I just sit in the arboretum and look out at all the cool plants/ wetlands the lot borders on
>Get decent tips for loading trucks up with plants
>Get time and a half for working overtime/ Sundays
>Shoot the shit with a few other hardworking people and fuck around climbing on the stacks of hay
>Talk about manga with this one asian kid who works there.
>Even started flirting with this one qt that works at the register.

Comfy as fuck.
>>
I work nights at a warehouse and my coworkers are all still normie cunts. You do spend a lot of time working alone though generally, so that's nice.
>>
bumppppppptpppp
>>
>>24352957
If you meana job that will soon be replaced by literal robots? Then yes.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.