[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>someone makes you look really bad in a debate What is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 1417961594353s.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1417961594353s.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>someone makes you look really bad in a debate

What is the proper response to this? Do you usually just close the thread? Do you keep replying with insults refusing to acknowledge fault so you get the last word? I've done both.
>>
>>24352317
call them a fag and then close the thread
>>
File: 1446555153462.jpg (149 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1446555153462.jpg
149 KB, 650x650
Send pic related.

Pictures always makes people mad
>>
I've never had that happen to me, but I imagine I'd carefully consider their points and if they are intelligent and correct I would admit that and inquire further if I was curious.
>>
>>24352317
When people leave after getting buttblasted, I pretend to be them.
Then I get to watch the other guy melt down as he realizes that I am impenetrable to logic.
>>
>>24352443
>admitting even slightly that you might be wrong

bruh, no. Even if you know you are wrong just no. You stick to your argument don't budge and insult them and post smug anime pictures.
>>
I don't debate unless I know I'm going to win
>>
I mainly start a debate based on one moderately decent point and then just slowly turn to pure name calling and shitposting

If I was intelligent enough to win those debates I'd be intelligent enough not to get into them
>>
just dont fight battles you cant win :o
>>
>>24352497
I am a liberal though I like to go on /pol/ and annoy them.
>>
>>24352461
You are why threads are universally shitty nowadays. You and everyone like you.

Express some humility and learn something, for once. Don't maintain your platform in the face of incontrovertible evidence just to appear... ? I don't even know. Nobody knows why the fuck you parade your farcical facade.
>>
>>24352317
Just keep replying ">implying" until he gives up.
>>
>>24352507
Oh fuck off

Nobody here is willing to change their opinion. It has been that way for as long as 4chan has existed.

Debates here exist for a few very simple reasons: Attempting to prove yourself right, attempting to prove the opposition are complete morons and are just as you thought they were and just plain old shitposting.

If you want a serious debate go somewhere else.
>>
Scream "REEEEEEEEEE" as loud and long as you can till the other person concedes.
>>
>>24352551
There has been plenty of good discussions over the years, the nature of anonymity contributes to non biased arguments. You're cancer, if you just want to shitpost this isn't the place for you either, maybe /b/ but really you'd be better off on another site.
>>
>>24352317
>What is the proper response to this?
Whenever I see someone assblasting another anon I usually side with the assblasted anon.

Doesn't matter if your argument is fucking flawless, if someone sides with the other guy you've lost.
>>
>>24352775
>the nature of anonymity contributes to non biased arguments

Is this a joke? Do you browse 4chan blind or something?

And what other sites are there that allow blatant baiting and shitposting across the board?
>>
>>24352823
>allow blatant shitposting across the board
You sound like someone who only browses /v/ and /b/. I would suggest you browse better boards but since you've already revealed yourself as cancer just go away. Any other place is better than here, this is not your playground.
>>
File: 1437013143954.jpg (379 KB, 1422x1422) Image search: [Google]
1437013143954.jpg
379 KB, 1422x1422
>good thread is up about discussing something
>someone starts trying to derail the thread with loaded questions or some other guaranteed b8

What the fuck do you even do to stop this? I don't ever reply to these retards but 10 other people will.
>>
>>24352869
All boards are like that, even the small ones.

Fuck off to reddit
>>
>>24352551
>nobody here is willing to change their opinion
I would take interest in disputing this as empirically it would take only one exception to demonstrate your absolute as absolutely false, but I suppose you are a nobody and you don't care about changing your opinion, so in a way you're absolutely correct.

Set yourself aflame.
>>
>>24352890
This happens on /pol/ every fucking day. One guy will be like

>Durrrrr Obama has this list of fake accomplishments we have seen a million times already and you racists are wrong!

Cue 300 replies later and the OP never making a second post.
>>
>>24352317

I only debate people in subreddits where I'm a moderator so if someone says something I don't like I can call them a troll and ban them
>>
>>24352906
Most boards have a healthy mix of shitposting and regular threads.
>resorting to Reddit this early
Just leave.
>>
>>24352869
>implying every board isn't like this
it's fun being new
>>
File: 1447289565722.jpg (24 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1447289565722.jpg
24 KB, 480x480
I usually keep responding unless they go full reddit or tumblr. Like if they start posting
>le citation needed
For everything. I could say
>Were on 4chan
And some retarded would say citation needed.
But then again I only really get into casual arguments, I don't do anything scientific or political, so I just find it autistic when people try to turn it into a real debate so I just close the thread.

I've also stopped responding and then like 30 or 40 minutes later as the threads still alive and well someone responds to one of my old posts with some stupid shit like
>well I sure shut you up
Which infuriated me more than I should so I just used that bot that dumps images to noko dump two babies one Fox.
>>
>two years ago

Concede.

>today

Close the tab, since nothing matters anymore.
>>
>>24352869
>he thinks shitposting is /b/, /v/, /r9k/ specific
oh lordy
>>
>>24352950
They're not, and slower boards are even more averse to shitposting than average.

>>24352963
See>>24352938
>>
>>24352869

How could anyone think R9K has shitposting on it, where would they find any amidst the 18 wagekek threads, 12 'fembot feels' threads, 8 tranny threads, and 6 manlet threads that are active at any given time
>>
File: 146969696969.jpg (13 KB, 332x401) Image search: [Google]
146969696969.jpg
13 KB, 332x401
>>24352972
>They're not, and slower boards are even more averse to shitposting than average.
sure you aint new?
>>
>>24352906
>>24352950
I can't speak for every board but /ck/ shitposting and bait is not really that bad at all as of late, or I'm just numb to it, save the like one time every few months /b/raids and makes a few fast food threads which is just ebin, not even annoying. It wall has a decent variation of opinions. Not exactly major hivemind but theres still the pervasive thoughts/opinions/memes. Smaller boards tend to be pretty good, in my experience.
>>
>>24352981
I really don't know why there is barely any moderation on r9k
>>
>>24352507
>Express some humility and learn something, for once
There is LITERALLY l i t e r a l l y nothing to learn on arcanine.
>>
Yesterday I was arguing with some faggot on /pol/ and I made a claim that was bullshit and I quickly googled it and found what I thought was an article supporting my stat but it was a stat for a totally unrelated thing. After he pointed that out I closed thread and shut computer off and probably won't have the courage to go back on /pol/ for a week.
>>
>>24353005
>/ck

Not anyone in this thread previously, but what happened to pink himalayan salt? Also, was "blast techno" ever actually a real thing?

Only other thing I remember was the sogwich thread, but I assume that died with 4chanarchive if it was ever anything other but a fond memory.
>>
>>24352972
>slower boards are even more averse to shitposting than average

I assume you consider /sp/ or some shit like that a slower board. Few months in and suddenly the kids think they know best.
>>
>>24352981
This discussion isn't about /r9k/.

>>24353001
Sure you aren't? Sounds like you think everything is just shitposting, which makes sense for cancer. I have around 30 tabs open right now, split between three boards of all good threads. If you find yourself in shit all day it may just be that you are covered in it yourself. Slower boards like /vr/ don't even have a 10% ratio between shitpost and regular posts by OP's.

Don't botherreplying because it's already evident that most of you are just trying to force everyone else to confirm your shitty biases about your shitty way of lurking.
>>
>>24352317
Tell them to go back to Reddit where they came from
>>
>>24353028
Salt was a forced meme.
And no, not as far as I know, but it's not my home board, I check up on it a few times a day.
>>
File: Y5pWM9l.jpg (12 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Y5pWM9l.jpg
12 KB, 400x225
>>24353055
>implying
No anon you are wrong.
>>
>>24353013
>After he pointed that out I closed thread and shut computer off and probably won't have the courage to go back on /pol/ for a week.

I know this feel. It's usually after I write and submit a long post, or write and submit an actual argument, though. I never actually engage in bona fide argument cause my faith in humanity is just not there.
>>
>>24353075
>Salt was a forced meme.

As someone who only heard of it through /v/, it was hilarious to me. Actually visited /ck/ cause of it and bursted into laughter upon reading someone listing it among their cooking ingredients.
>>
>>24353095
Its mostly cause if you watch cooking shows or shot some people feel the need to specify how fucking special their ingredients are when it makes literally no difference. There are still the occasional salt posts though.
>>
I haven't had a good debate since I actually started going out. Come at me hoes. Will debate about literally anything.
>>
Better to admit defeat. Makes you look better if you acknowledge it.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.