[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots I need your professional advice. If you're trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1447745983768.jpg (58 KB, 500x490) Image search: [Google]
1447745983768.jpg
58 KB, 500x490
Robots I need your professional advice.

If you're trying to fix your sleeping schedule, should you

>stay awake for 24 hours until you pass out at a reasonable hour

or

>sleep but force self to wake up earlier

Which is best and why?
>>
>>24350433
I've tried both and nothing worked.
>Used to going to bed at noon and waking up 12+ hours later
>Decide to stay up 24 hours and go to bed at a normal time
>Body says fuck you and reverts me back to the old pattern
>Do the same with waking up earlier
>Same result
>>
>>24350433
Go camping for a weekend.
>>
Staying awake is more effective IMO.

But willpower to go to bed at a reasonable time is the difference maker.
>>
>>24350433
It's pretty hard to force yourself to sleep without medical aids, but it's pretty simple to force yourself to wake up. Latter, then. Also try doing mild exercise during the day to stay awake if you feel tired. Nothing extreme but just something to get your heart rate up a little.
>>
>>24350457
You can't fix jet lag in one day.. Go to bed and set your alarm right for a few weeks and stick to it.
>>
File: 3892475893745.jpg (34 KB, 346x346) Image search: [Google]
3892475893745.jpg
34 KB, 346x346
So, anyone here agree that reddits karma/vote system is fucking dumb as fuck? I'll admit I used to post on reddit quite a bit before, but it has become apparent that real opinions are shutdown quickly, in favour of the hiveminds' ideas.

Am I stupid for not realizing this sooner? Or am I reacting this way because there are more normies on reddit compared to 4chan, and their comments
>le triggers
me?
>>
>>24350457
same. if you're a night person, normie advice won't change that.

>>24350433

that said, you can manage in the short term best by staying up until you get too exhausted to stay awake
>>
Set the alarm for the time you want to start waking up, no matter when you went to sleep the day before. Then stay awake until the time you want to start sleeping.

Done, you've now set for yourself new sleeping hours.
>>
>>24350433
set your alarm for when you want to wake up
when it rings, get up
don't go to bed until the desired bedtime
go to bed when it is the desired bedtime
>>
File: 1447831972847.png (176 KB, 291x459) Image search: [Google]
1447831972847.png
176 KB, 291x459
>>24350512

I hate alarms so fucking much but...I know you're right.
>>
Stay up all night and go to bed at 9pm
I did that and now I go to bed at 10pm every night
I used to go to bed at 1-5am
>>
>>24350495
it's not a bad concept, but it doesn't work without autists being the only voters. I think it'd be better to have kind of a split screen thing. like one half would be most upvoted, and the other half most controversial. although i guess it wouldn't save really unpopular ideas
>>
>>24350433
Experienced owlbot here.

Staying up 24 hours only works if you leave the house, it's the coldturkey option.

What you need is a sedative medication, 25mg hydroxyzine for starters should do. Stay up until 6pm, pop em then sleep till early morning. Then later that night pop more and schedule your sleep between 12pm-9am. You're a NEET so that'll be plenty of time for fun before bed.
>>
i've tried every sleeping aid, every stimulant and not much really helped.

the most effective things were (ar)modafanil and levothyroxine
>>
>>24350550
>modafanil
i've thought about trying that at some point. is it good for focusing on work too or just for becoming awake?
>>
>>24350548
You can just play vidya all day and you can easily stay awake. Also wash your face with cold water a lot throughout the day. You'll feel like shit but you'll make it.
>>
Ive been sleeping at an average of 4am - 4pm for the past 1.5 years. Thats averaging it out. I rarely sleep before 3am and get up before 3pm.

on some occassions ive managed to sleep earlier, it's a culmination of the realisation i cant keep doing this with my life. So what i do is figure out what needs to be done then force myself to be firm with what i will do.

If you're like me with a shitty habit then forcing yourself is the best method, if you screwed up your sleeping and it's only been going on for short time for example less than one month then the 24 hour will be fine.
>>
>>24350579
>You can just play vidya all day

Nah some older bots dont last. Been suggested before and fails. Leaving the NEETcave for a day is the only 100% success rate option, some sun on pale skin may boost their mood too.

Plus you never know if mum will be home nagging all day, further comes the inevitable slumber.
>>
>>24350548
Not op but can you explain how 24 hour only works if you go outside? Whats the science behind it?
>>
How much time do you have? If you've got a few days I'd say do some calculations and take strategic naps until you're back on schedule.
>>
>>24350433
>Which is best and why?
the best way is to find something to do that will exhaust you before you go to sleep when you need to

but a loser like you will probably have a hard time doing that
>>
>>24350666
Outside, go for a walk in the woods or stare at lolis running track. Do /mischeif/ Whatever you want.

While home you'll trick yourself into laying down, if the goal is to avoid that being near your bed is stupid.
>>
32 year fallen wizard here. I usually get a good workout in, and wake up earlier the next day.

All that test flowing in your bloodstream makes you wake up earlier anyway. You feel alert as fuck after 4-5 hours of sleeping.
>>
>>24350573
it is good for both. technically a 'wakefullness promoting agent'. i'd say somewhere between caffeine and amphetamine, closer to caffeine but much longer lasting.

ask me if you have any more specific questions
>>
>>24350457
This. Only drugs work if your pattern has been fucked for a long time. I fixed mine by taking codeine to force myself to sleep at 10pm but then I wake up at 2am which is bullshit because if I had gone to bed when my body wanted to at 6am I'd have slept till 4pm. It's like my body wants to fuck up my life.
>>
>>24350487
>It's pretty hard to force yourself to sleep without medical aids
Can someone please tell my fucking doctor this, I ask for help and he prints me off "b urself" tier sleeping advice such as "think positive before bed" Fuck that guy I have half a mind to storm into his surgery and tell him thanks to his fucking incompetence I've had to self med codeine for a month I hope he's happy.
>>
>>24350967
he's just covering his ass. all sleeping meds that are effective are potentially addictive / dependence forming.

first line type of shit is the z-drugs, which are basically modified benzos. withdrawal can be hellish.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.