[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1401194922988.jpg (174 KB, 800x388) Image search: [Google]
1401194922988.jpg
174 KB, 800x388
Why are normshits so opposed to suicide robots?
>>
File: 1447820772370.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1447820772370.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>>24346846
Because in the judaeo-christian tradition suicide is a sin.
Honestly though most people dont care that much if its not murder/suicide.
>>
>>24346846
They think that every human being has some sort of potential or possibility to be happy, while the truth of the matter is that some people would just be better off dead than stuck in their current situation.
>>
>>24346846
because a normie with a chemical imbalance can often be fixable and be productive in society, societies encouragement assume the listener isn't an unfixable robot.
that's why they say "be yourself", it's based on the assumption that the person being told isn't a worthless piece of shit, but robots ARE worthless garbage and thus should not be themselves.
>>
What is society trying to teach if it condones 'checking out' everytime the going gets rough.

Children in particular are extremely volatile and i'm referring to teenagers and younger. They feel like killing themselves if daddy doesn't them the latest iphone.

If most were pro-suicide you will see so many people killing themselves on a whim and unnecessarily, some may even endeavour to harm others as they depart.

Suicide is not the answer.
>>
>>24346846
so they can make us suffer and laugh at us even more
>>
>>24346846
No one is a robot forever. Unless they an hero.
>>
>>24347000
What confuses me is why we discourage the mentally or physically ill (robots) from killing themselves. Isn't that a social benefit in the end
>>
File: 1397530558386.jpg (4 KB, 114x141) Image search: [Google]
1397530558386.jpg
4 KB, 114x141
They don't want to feel guilty for ignoring and singling out robots, Their ego is their priority why do you think so many normie youtuber's take advantage of the topic to make themselves look good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6bS8sOZTqw
>>
It fucks up families and even friends. A friend might not have talked to the person for a while but still handle their suicide badly.
>>
>>24347186
how would this work in your mind without it being a slippery slope for non mentally ill people?
>>
>>24346846
They are only opposed because suicide is a socially unacceptable thing to do. But once you actually kill yourself they will forget about you in less than a week
>>
>>24347423
This. My suicide would hurt a lot of people even if they never talk to me. I know there's a bunch of cute girls who would be devestated if I killed myself.
>>
Guilt, mostly.

The common response is "It was such a surprise". Well maybe if you talked to him properly and now just about vacant frothy superficial crap it might not have happened!

This then leads to deeper questions about individual responsibility to society and fellow human beings. Something deeply unpleasant to think about if you're a typical modern person because you've been trampling others your whole life.
>>
>>24347423
>Tfw the family who doesn't care about me and the friends I don't have will miss me.
>>
>>24347362
Forgot to add this cunt's vid too
>Emoji plushies
>muh boarding school is so hard for me :(
>buy my book guyz
>wah my roommates dead feel bad for me
>call the generic suicide number
>It gets better you guyz, I swear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAcQ4TTohFs
>>
File: 1435717810998.jpg (14 KB, 300x364) Image search: [Google]
1435717810998.jpg
14 KB, 300x364
>>24346846
Because apparently living monotonously for 60-80 years and waiting for some external factor to kill you is braver than taking your life on your own terms
>>
Personally I feel that people don't care so much for the individual. Suicide may have actually been in their best interests. I feel that suicide unconsciously reveals the frailty of life and highlights how pointless life is in the end People want to ignore that (in b4 edgy faggot).
>>
>>24347423
>having friends

FUCKING NORMIES!
>>
>>24347452
Slippery slope is a fallacy.
>>
because it threatens their world view. everyone should want to play their game
>>
Suicide is the ultimate red pill
>>
>>24346846
Because they hope against hope that things get better.
>>
>>24346846
They're only opposed to other normies' suicide.

You can kill yourself and no one will try and stop you.
>>
File: aye.png (292 KB, 383x441) Image search: [Google]
aye.png
292 KB, 383x441
>>24347725
That's true. They seem to only care about attractive women and celebrities
>>
>>24347632
I knew someone would answer something like this, it still doesn't resolve the question. Your answer is a fallacy.
>>
>>24347725
True. If anything normalfags will see it as an opportunity to reaffirm themselves by labeling you a coward
>>
>>24347592
I had friends when I was younger because school system and church. Didn't make one friend in college though.
>>
>>24346846
Because they want to prolong our suffering
>>
>>24347872
Or they'll pretend to be sad for some social media rep.
>>
I'm probably going to kill myself within next few years. How do I do it in a way that enrages as many normies as possible?
>>
>>2434798
Shoot yourself in front of preschool kids at some kid friendly event.
>>
Because normies brains are programmed to be repulsed by suicide. It's the same reasons they think incest isn't hot.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.