[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you actually called a suicide hotline? What was your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1366413492345.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1366413492345.png
96 KB, 241x228
Have any of you actually called a suicide hotline? What was your experienc? I've been considering it but I don't want them to get preachy on me.
>>
File: forums.png (190 KB, 488x539) Image search: [Google]
forums.png
190 KB, 488x539
call it and tell us how it goes
>>
>>24346714

Aren't you scared they'll trace your number and lock you up in a mental hospital?
>>
You'll be answered by a crisis counsellor.
They won't get peachy.
They will just listen.
They will listen to you and attempt to help you through whatever it is you're dealing with.
>>
enjoy cops breaking down your door and putting you in a hospital
>>
>>24346750
that can't be real
>>
I did but hung up when the other person began talking. I found out at a later point (months later) that somehow the police, etc had known I called there. I didn't realize the calls were traced or forwarded at the time. I found this out after I went to a new doctor about sleep problems. He asked about suicidal thoughts or depression, to which I answered honestly (said at times). Wake up one morning with cops who used that and my doctor visit as grounds for "emergency evaluation" where I was released immediately after 24 hours when they got a random psychiatrist/psychologist to see me. Now I have that stain on my record, despite not being committed.

Have been afraid to apply for a gun license or get jobs with higher security clearances as I don't know if that would show up.
>>
I've considered it but I don't want to land on some list or have cops at my door.

Yeah they tell you it's anonymous but you know they record that shit.
>>
Welcome to a club, anon.
>>
>>24346714

cops will show up at your door
>>
some curryhead decided i wasn't enough of a crisis case and told me to fuck off
i guess they were right fwiw, i survived that night, but now i'm a racist
fucking shitskins
>>
>>24347489

Pay attention to this. Do NOT call unless you are really at your wit's end. Exception is one line in the UK, I think they state they won't contact police unless you are making a specific threat that could harm others.
>>
>>24347489
Gun license, it will show up in check if the history you're saying is accurate.

Do not call suicide hotlines. Never tell anyone you're suicidal. I cannot stress this enough for anyone who is a bad mental place. It will only make your life harder, and make it near impossible to kill yourself in a reliable manner in the future.
>>
>>24347108
>>24347151
Why would they?
>>
>>24347489
They notified the police because you hung up. They thought it was an emergency. I had to volunteer at one so I know this to be true, all the crisis lines follow the same methods and operations. You can call them and say I just need to talk to someone because I am lonely and they will chat with you for up to 15 mins because they believe that alone will help you down the road because you got some shit off your chest and lowered the pressure a bit.

And as someone who had to take calls at midnight to 4am 3 times a week, telling them I am not going to kill myself right now will help them relax and actually chat up better.

I was good at pretending I was not in worse shape mentally than the people calling. I talked a young girl from jumping off a bridge, I could hear the cars so close by.
>>
>>24347386
The hashtag was done as a joke and nobody picked up on it.
>>
>>24347386
Yeah its real it was one of /pol/ crazy shenanigan
>>
>>24347986
Don't you have to have some kind of training to do that? I mean, what did you even say to the girl to convince her not to jump?
>>
File: 1446158596229.png (219 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446158596229.png
219 KB, 500x500
suicide hotlines are stupid and are promoted by people who have no idea about suicide and depression

i called one one time and they were all passive aggressive and rude like i was doing something wrong by calling, i hung up
>>
Yes. They told me they would call back later because they had someone on the other line. I kept telling them to look at my blog but they refused.

Then I disconnected my phone line because I was scared to talk to them.
>>
Not for another year.
>>
I think I did. However, at the time I was pretty delirious because I was trying to kill myself with CO from my car exhaust. I dragged myself into my house after a bit because I'm a pussy and I cried myself to sleep after hitting my head on the wall a bunch of times. I'm a winner.
>>
I did last year. I hadn't even been talking for 2 minutes when the lady interrupted me and asked "Is this an emergency or are you just faffing about?" ... I didn't know how to answer so I just hung up.
>>
Why would you call them?

If you really want to kill yourself just fucking do it. If you want to call someone about your suicidal thoughts youre literally just looking for attention
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.