[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have you been to the psych ward? post here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
File: 20140924_232651.jpg (2 MB, 2938x2204) Image search: [Google]
20140924_232651.jpg
2 MB, 2938x2204
have you been to the psych ward?

post here
>>
>>24346351
Literally looking at that timetable makes me feel depressed
>>
fucking retards like so
>>
>>24346379
why its everyday
>>
>>24346351
my schedule was never that intense...but must the difference between a voluntary treatment center and being committed to a state facility against your will

[inb4 i know that this pic doesn't belong to op]
>>
File: 20140924_195247.jpg (1 MB, 1959x2612) Image search: [Google]
20140924_195247.jpg
1 MB, 1959x2612
>>24347179
it belongs to me
>>
>>24346351

I have.

I miss it. I want to go back. It was pretty much the only time in my life where I actually had some friends and connected with people. And it felt good to have nurses care about me and ask me questions and wonder how I'm feeling. They would listen to me talk and give back comforting words.
>>
File: 1447816406952.jpg (75 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
1447816406952.jpg
75 KB, 500x423
>>24346351
It's like being in a really shitty hospital where everybody is convinced they have terminal disease except for the drug addicts riding the pink cloud.

Also the therapists and shrinks will try to cause fights between your family.

They won't let you masturbate anywhere but the fucking bathroom

It's surprisingly fun to be on LSD while on mental hold btw
>>
Yeah it was pretty chill

I did think there were camers on the bathroom for the first few days though, which really hampered the enjoyment. But eventually some drug addict taught me how to play ping pong and I had a reasonably good time.
>>
>>24347207
You have some Shutter Island experience?
>>
how do you even end up being committed to a psych ward without doing the attention seeking "im gonnq kill myself" routine? did u go on a pcp rampage?

maybe getting committed isnt such a bad idea since you can get drug connections and neetbux
>>
>>24347365
I hung myself and didn't tie my hands and wound up thrashing through a window with one of my legs and having to drag myself through a 2 foot x 2 foot square of broken glass up to my waist so i could get a piece of glass to cut the fucking rope.

That sucked so hard
>>
>>24347365
I tried hanging myself in the backyard and my neighbor saw me doing it
she came running out of the house with garden shears and cut the rope and her husband called the cops
>>
u guys know that a proper hanging involves a drop so that it insta kills you rite? asphyxiating slowly while struggling would suck pretty bad
>>
>>24347365
show psychotic symptoms and be a potential threat to yourself or others

shit one time I got hospitalized because I told the women at jail that I didn't have a home (I was being all emo and thinking my house was not a home) and then I gave them my address so they thought I was kekoo which wasn't far off
>>
>>24346351
yes, for a week. basicallt pulled the hurr imma kill myself bullshit like>>24347365
said.

i was in a shit spot in life and i felt depressed as fuck and it was my only way to get out of this particular situation. it was a horrifying experience, i did nothing all day and felt like i would go crazy from staying there.
>>
File: zombieboyfriends.gif (326 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
zombieboyfriends.gif
326 KB, 500x281
>>24347448
actually choking really wasn't that painful desu
It was more of a knee-jerk reaction to mortal danger than made me go nuts and thrash around
>>
>>24347365
If you're already on meds (even just pleb tier welbutrin) it's easy.

Show up at any large hospital that has a ward and say you're not feeling well, meds are part of the history you take.

Honestly if you're at the point to check in you should at least try meds.
>>
no but ive been in rehab and its quite the same
>>
>>24347448
you can do the jail-tier version of tying to a door knob and slumping.
>>
>>24347448
if you do it properly you cut circulation through your carotid artery, you would pass out from lack of blood to your brain before you started choking
>>
do it again fag
>>
Twice. Both because of failed suicide attempts. I fucked a barely-legal girl who cut herself last time I was in there.
>>
File: madotsuki.png (57 KB, 215x211) Image search: [Google]
madotsuki.png
57 KB, 215x211
Involuntarily, yes, a few days after a serious bout of self-injury. I tried to see a therapist and the guy just said "wait downstairs," called 911 on me and had the paramedics head me off at the door.

By the time I got to the hospital, my wounds were already badly infected (the doc who evaluated me for commitment even said so), but they did nothing to treat the infection or even clean me up while I was in the ward. When I got out, I had to go to a walk-in clinic to get the antibiotics I needed. The doctor there asked "Why didn't you get help sooner?" and all I could do was shrug.

Fuck city hospitals.
>>
>>24346351
yep
went to residential treatment for 5 weeks in another state. my parents are well off and it was basically like living in a hotel for a month but still wanting to die constantly
>>
>>24347229
How in the fucking fuck do you get LSD into a place like that?
Also, what, do they monitor you jerkin' it in your room and tell you to go do it in the bathroom?
>>
>>24348364
so you....were attention seeking and didn't get enough attention?
>>
>>24348530
Attention was the last thing I wanted. Even going to the therapist was my family's idea, and I only went to stop their nagging. Either way, my problem is with the medical malpractice. Letting a patient's arms, legs and face rot to the point of smelling bad isn't okay, especially if you're going to keep them in the hospital against their will.
>>
>>24348579
you cut your face....and it wasn't for attention?
>>
>>24346351
>Lunch/dinner are probably canned shit that they served the day before
>Most of the day is spent doing bullshit exercises
>Only get an hour to yourself the whoe fucking day
>Visiting hours is 1.5 hours long, which would suck if you don't know anyone
>This schedule lasts 24/7/365
This isn't treatment this is fucking torture. Hell if I had to go there I'd try killing myself just because of all the shit they try and make you do.
>>
File: pepefinger2.jpg (7 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
pepefinger2.jpg
7 KB, 229x220
Who /freak the fuck out and throw shit at the nurses for sedatives/ here? I love the sedatives they shoot in my butt, feels like you're in heaven but can't move, you just sit there, drool & stare at the padded walls. I was only there for 3 weeks but I already wanna go back because sedatives.
>>
>>24348657
Don't ask me... When I look at my scars I hardly even remember making them. The two occasions I've cut my face were during psychotic episodes and because I obsessively hate it.

A lot of times I hate myself so much that I can't sleep until I feel I've been adequately punished, and cutting up your face is extremely painful because the nerves and blood vessels are very easy to reach. Usually an audible voice tells me what to do and won't go away until I've done exactly what he says (things which are usually really stupid and harmful.) The attention or weird looks it may bring isn't exactly going through my head at those moments.
>>
File: 1435542401039.jpg (142 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1435542401039.jpg
142 KB, 550x733
>>24346351
Yes. It was like summer camp except I wasn't as violent and depressed.

But nah, I was in the worst shape of my life. I seem to have somehow romanticized it in retrospect, though.
>>
File: Lamictal_50mg.jpg (16 KB, 250x184) Image search: [Google]
Lamictal_50mg.jpg
16 KB, 250x184
who /lamictal/ here?
>>
>>24348867
was on lamictal for 3 ish years. miss it. my doctors eventually told me just to quit and go drug free because i kept on stopping cold and i was at a risk for seizures and steven johnsons every time.

great drug though, stopped my hallucinations and made me feel breddy even keeled.

however, don't miss the ridiculous amount of time it took to get to max dose or how big the pills were.
>>
>>24348508
LSD is really easy to get into any place and smuggle.
Remember, it's just a scap of paper.
>>
>>24348508
i smuggled packs of cigarettes (not like they were contraband) also pot and a pipe and phone chargers etc

it isn't lockdown. slip of lsd, easily.
>>
I sort off want to go. My therapist thinks I just have an inferiority and anxiety. It's not severe enough.
It looks so comfy to just do the same thing day in day out with more sympathy than judgement.
>>
>>24349341
inferiority complex* sorry
>>
>>24349341
In my experience, it's hit or miss. About 50% of psychiatric wards are shitholes that treat you like an animal and force you to take drugs all the time that make you feel like shit.
>>
>>24349395
Shit man, 20 years school, 40 years working. Can't go NEET. Wards suck. Suck at socializing. It's not exactly a life when you're being forced to do stuff that ain't in your interest.
>>
File: CANT WAKE UP.gif (161 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
CANT WAKE UP.gif
161 KB, 600x544
>>24346351
to visit my brother who has schizophrenia

>tfw i have over a 10% chance to develop schizophrenia
>tfw trapped in a psychosis ill never wake from
>>
>>24346351
I've been. Sup.
>>
Oh fuck OP. I'm not trying to brag, but I was hospitalized 14 times in 3 different hospitals. And I had to live in a variety of residential treatment centers for certain periods of time.

The last residential I was at for about 6 months and they had legit cells. The walls were steel, there was enough room for one bed frame in each one and a single fluorescent light was on the ceiling in each one. You had to stay in the cell, for at least 24 hours on arrival and when you were crazy or sick or something. I stayed the fuck away from there. You get no mattress during the daytime and the light is required to stay on you stare into that awful bulb all day doing nothing.

It's all fucking insane when you remember I did not once hurt anyone but myself.
>>
File: cheatedforthelasttime.jpg (165 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
cheatedforthelasttime.jpg
165 KB, 666x666
>It's all fucking insane when you remember I did not once hurt anyone but myself.
this
>>
>>24349967
This was as a teenager, but when kids were crazy, they would sometimes be in the cells for weeks. They would piss and shit in there and fling it at staff.

One kid flipped out when they wouldn't let him out for the bathroom, so he went crazy banging and stuff until he calmed down. Well he had shit in there and so when he calmly asks later to use it, the staff unlocks the door and he just throws his shit right at her face. She was a cunt though.

I don't even blame him. If I was in there that long I'd be throwing shit too. It really put me through an identity crisis being in there. I didn't understand how I deserved to be treated like that.
>>
File: 1433499921302.png (1 MB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1433499921302.png
1 MB, 768x1024
>>24349656
>brother has some kind of psychotic break
>into the ward he goes
>we go visit him at the institution often
>already showing signs of being a loon myself
>Mom: "So is this going to be you in ten years?"

On the other hand, young me was astounded that the place looked just like the institution in Terminator 2, down to the coffee machine that spat out cups with cards on it. I have never seen such a thing outside that place.

We'd also be there sometimes for hours, and my parents would send me to wait in the hall with the instructions not to talk to anyone. I'd somehow get roped into ping pong or coloring with the patients anyway.
>>
>>24347207
I have seen that OP pic (and maybe also the one in the post I'm replying to) before. Are you the only one who starts these threads?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.