[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My childhood best friend is dying r9k, I've had him since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11
File: puppie196.jpg (48 KB, 419x523) Image search: [Google]
puppie196.jpg
48 KB, 419x523
My childhood best friend is dying r9k, I've had him since I was five and he is my ride or die nigga. Came home today and found him outside laying down all limbs extended, shaking, he didn't eat the food I left out or touch the water. I've hand fed him snacks all night and 7 hours from now he has an appointment to go to doggie Walhal.

I'm depressed as fuck r9k but I am mad and want answers. This happened before but he recovered at home that night and the vet put him on an IV for 2 days the next day then sent him home and he was fine. This most recent episode the shaking started and he has not moved for 12 hours, 12 hours he's laid on his side, totally awake, staring into nothingness, he wont look at me, he wont move when I pet him, he won't wag his tail,

One of you fags has to be a vet, or a nurse, or something.

what the fuck is wrong with my dog. I need answers before I can let him go...
>>
>>24345844
Primary Dx: Old
>>
probably a brain tumor
>>
he's in a coma. it's time to put him down.
>>
File: 1437675848732.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1437675848732.png
29 KB, 633x758
He's struggling to make whimpering noises and I don't want him to suffer but don't want to kill my best friend.
>>
vet tech here. just from what you said it's very very difficult to tell. could have been anything from poison to seizures

did the vet tell you what it was the first time? how old was he? what breed/mix?
>>
Sucks yo, but what answers are you looking for that you can't find out for yourself? Obviously nobody is going to go "Oh he's fine anon, he just hasn't shit in 48 hours". Puppie is dying, get a vet out there ASAP and just keep him warm. Make him some food that he likes (bacon)
>>
File: 1396705716226.png (2 MB, 3500x4194) Image search: [Google]
1396705716226.png
2 MB, 3500x4194
>>24345922
Jack Russel terrier, hes 14. The vet ran blood tests and did a doggie physical and all that and concluded he is perfectly healthy.

non of this is making sense...
>>
>>24345944
>bacon
don't do this, in his unhealthy state if he isn't used to it the richness/fattyness of the bacon it could make him vomit, which is bad unless it's a poison that hasn't moved into the intestines yet
>>
>>24345872
It's not a tumor...
It's not a tumor at all.
>>
give dog bacon
>>
>>24345914
i'm really fuckin sorry this happening. there's nothing worse than losing your best friend.
>>
>>24346021
He likes kraft singles, I've been feeding him 2 or 3 every time I walk out and come back into my room...

last time he thought my finger was cheese and nibbled it...
>>
>>24346088

Wait, so have you contacted a vet yet?
Give him some bacon you pleb. Let him enjoy something before he dies
>>
>>24345971
well the only things jumping out at me are possibly a slipped disk, Addison disease (would be uncommon for it to suddenly appear in an elderly dog though), or hypoglycemia. but with symptoms this vauge it's really difficult to tell. sometimes things like this can be a sign of pancreatitis, but like I said vauge symptoms means vauge diagnosis
>>
>>24346133
Kraft singles is his shit, I'M feeding him a fuck ton.

> The vet told us to wait till tomorrow...
> The vet wasn't even in the office yesterday
> They told us an emergency clinic was 4 hours away and basically to go fuck ourselves.
>>
>>24346183
If it means anything else he has become very boney, we addressed this by taking him to the vet and changing his diet to a high protein food and feeding him all the dog food he wants. He is fed roughly 8 cans of food a day and he just now is starting to look like he was putting on weight. Still very boney though.
>>
>>24346183
I googled addison disease and he has almost all of the noticeable symptoms....

>Hair loss (it says females, he is male and has no fur on his back legs. The vet said it was fleas and to buy more frontline)

>Depressed
>Weight loss
>He struggled to stand and can't now
>Was always irritable when he could walk.
>>
File: 1443292010281.png (55 KB, 219x400) Image search: [Google]
1443292010281.png
55 KB, 219x400
>>24346332
Could you be any edgier? Did a dog rape you as a child or something?
>>
File: 12-2-1225166152.jpg (919 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
12-2-1225166152.jpg
919 KB, 1280x768
>>24346332

You never had a best friend growing up did you.

I hope one day you get a dog and love him very much. Just so you can know what its like to have a canine best friend. They are better than most people.
>>
>>24346350
Well, my opinion is that it's at least something to mention to the vet when you bring him in. but if it is, in a dog his age the most humane thing might be to euthanize him, so be prepared for the possibility of that conversation
>>
>>24346332
Oh, wow, he posted a picture of a dead dog and insulted someone. You sure trolled this place, my reddit brother.
>>
>>24345844
I'm so sorry OP ;__; losing a pup is very hard but 14 is very old for dogs and it sounds like you've given him a really good life. Hoping the best for you
>>
>>24346474
Tomorrow we we're going to do that anyways. We (My family) fought for hours tonight and frankly watching him like this is too painful to stand. I'm saying my final goodbyes tonight. Just feeding him his cheese and petting him. I plan on stopping at McDonald's in the morning and making my mom drive so I can spend the last car ride feeding him something. I was thinking a good last meal would be one of those steak things or a sausage patty.
>>
Meet Wishbone guys
>>
>>24346544
>>24346467
>>24346400
don't reply to him. he's just an edgefag gore troll that strayed a bit too far from /b/ and thinks hating dogs and pets in general makes him some special snowflake. if you stop giving him attention he'll leave, just like all the other pet threads
>>
>>24346828
I replied to him once, If I have after >>24346467
it was on accident. This thread is about Wishbone. Not a reddit troll.
>>
>>24346688
context?

bloxoweo
>>
>>24346620
I'm really sorry OP, but at least he won't be in pain. see if they can do the double injection method, one to sedate the dog and just make him sleep, the other to actually stop his heart. general opinion is that it's a bit of a better way to go

>cheeseburgers
yeah, at the shelter I work at when one of our dogs has to be euthanized that we really got attached to we get them cheeseburger and soft serve vanilla icecream
>>
>>24346828
>>24346867
>troll that strayed a bit too far from /b/
>a reddit troll.
It's not trolling I'm just trying to explain to how brainwashed you are.
Also I like how I'm reddit and /b/? God forbid someone from /r9k/ not like your precious pup right?
>This thread is about Wishbone.
Go fucking write a blog moron.
>blog posting about your stupid dog on /r9k/
>asking /r9k/ for veterinarian advice
did your mother drop you as a baby?
>>
File: e.jpg (38 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
38 KB, 400x366
>>24346688
aw sheeeit. badass anon right there
>>
He got aids from Charlie Sheen
>>
na fuck the haters. dogs/cats are mans best friend and anon i do feel for you. best wishes friend
>>
>>24346968
Kek

That's right Mr. Tigerblood himself has HIV now.

>Winning
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 800x655) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 800x655
if you have to put your dog down it will hurt for a day at most. You might cry but you'll know that your friend is in a better place

>tfw have the same dog and she's getting older
>I'll know this feel soon
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.