[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here have confidence issues b/c of a YA book series.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 236x277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 236x277
Who else here have confidence issues b/c of a YA book series.

>throughout middle school read whole Percy Jackson and the Olympians series at least 5 times
>mc Percy Jackson has confidence issues
>think Percy Jackson is coolest guy ever though
>he also gets blonde tsundere qt3.14 gf by end of series
>pretend in my head I'm actually the son of an Olympian God too, and that soon I'd end up having adventures over the summer with my goofy best friend (didn't actually have any friends at that time though) and qt3.14 tsundere friend to save the world
>base entire personality ( and appearance to a degree) off of Percy Jackson except I'm super shy so I'm way less outgoing and not able to make corny jokes like him without people looking at me weirdly
>For a while didn't even want to grow that much b/c Percy wasn't that tall
>do this from 5th grade into early sophomore year of high school
>told no one else though cause I'm not that retarded
>tfw confidence issues are for real now and not me trying to be like Percy
>tfw only got out of my obsession of Percy Jackson by becoming obsessed with Anime (keep powerlevel hidden though b/c not retarded)
>tfw you will never adventure across the country with your goofy best friend and qt3.14 tomboy friend
> tfw you will never slowly fall love with Annabeth slowly over the course of puberty, from meeting her for the first time after you defeated the Minotaur when your 12 to defeating Kronos at the Battle of Manhattan when your 16
> tfw don't become hardened, confident hero after defeating the Titans
>tfw Heroes of Olympus series (the sequel series to Percy Jackson and the Olympians) was shit
>>
>>24344676
I wrote myself in once.
I actually described myself through percy's eyes in sophomore year when I still wore too much camo style clothing.

Cringe left scars that couldn't be healed by the fucking fleece son.
>>
>>24344676

That's fucking weird, man.
>>
>>24344980
Yeah, I came up with this whole scenario in my head about how I was actually the son of Poseidon too in my head and that I would end up going on quests with Percy. Too be honest I still wish this was true.
>>
>>24345100
Nah, I didn't want to be a three son. I'm lazy as all fuck and I knew it then too.
Too much responsibility.

The new series is pretty shit but Leo was my mental vessel for a little bit when it first opened.

Kind of like Beckendorf that was killed. I have 2 older brothers who I coerced into reading when I first started in 6th grade. I figured for a while Hephaestus was where it was at, to build stuff be a small quota of smart and have room to be lazy.

This was after I realized having athena as a mother would lead me down some really nasty paths, not just being scolded for not being wise enough and living up to my potential. But also some shameful oedipian shit...

Aside from all that, it doesn't help I felt awkward about having to conceptualize casting out one of my real parents now to fit this story into my life.
>>
>>24345098
Y-you too.

Yeah I know it's weird but I'd still give anything to make this weird childish fantasy true.
>>
>>24345256
No fucking kidding. My brothers 4 and 8 years older than me once agreed that if given the chance they would accept the ability to meditate here in this reality to become conscious in the series'.

Think of it like. 12 mins meditate here, 12 hours there.
I figure now only at 19 how much trouble and loopholes can be inserted in this little pipe dream.

>what if I die there
>what if I die here
I mean the list goes on to the point that it hurts to think about.

I don't know what's more embarrassing, that I thought of any of this at all and how autismo it is.

Or that I would even call something I had so dear to my mind autismo at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 355x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 355x461
>shilling this much over a shitty, subpar children's book
>literally posting this stupid shit on the wrong board
>thinking anybody gives a steaming fuck about a book character with the gayest fucking name in existence

Die in a fire.
>>
>>24345390
My nigger show me your invitation to this thread.
You, motherfucker, don't quit your fucking day job.

We were in here having a nice fucking time until you came up in here posting shit from your fucking iphone with your stupid ass opinions.

please
>>>/trash/
>>
>>24345542
*FB oui.
>>
>>24345245
Kek. I guess I enjoyed imagining myself as being more important than I am in real life and being from Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades would automatically make me that. I'd also like life to be significantly more exciting which fighting monsters in quests b/c I'm one of the big 3 would probably make things a bit more exciting. This one fantasy I had sounds really autistic now b/c it is, but I had this phase where I imagined myself as the son of Kronos (when he was Luke) and that he used his time powers to speed up my aging, which just kind of shows I wanted a power fantasy. Overall though I'd really really just like to go on an adventure.

If I had to choose a parent outside maybe Hermes after all the new cabins have been built would probably be my best choice. I also think I'd do ok as a child of Athena b/c I was into politics and history even in middle school, though I think I'm too much of a slacker. I also think Apollo would be fun, though I'm not good at anything art related so that might be a problem.

Also I really h8 the Heroes of Olympus. Leo is one of the only decent character I agree, but Its took me literally about 6 months to get through the last book just b/c I couldnt sit down and read more then a few pages at a time. I'm not even homophobic but I was soooo angry when Riordan shilled out Nico by making him gay. Y not make a new character who happens to be gay instead of completely changing one of the existing characters? I actually thought the first 2 books in it were ok, but I've just most things after from Riordans decision to make Annabeth one of the 7, to putting literally all of Franks character development in a single chapter (I try not to be too critical of ya books but that was just weird)

Anyway it's been great being able to talk with somebody about Percy Jackson I haven't thought about this stuff in ages.
>>
>>24346102
>shilled out Nico by making him gay
Que tal?
When did that happen?
>>
>>24345340
I know this feel. I came up with this theory in middle school and my beliefs have somewhat matured since then, but I believe that since heaven is supposed to be our own personal perfect happiness that if I die a good man, God will let me enter the Percy Jackson world and either become Percy and live his life or be one of his companions that adventures with him, b/c that's my own version of perfect happiness.

This is probably autism to a whole new level but Percy Jacksonto is such an icon of my adolescent years I actually just feel nostalgic instead of cringing at all of this.
>>
>being young enough to read this trash

I went from goosebumps when I was a tiny baby straight to stephen king because im not a faggot, was reading The Stand and IT when I was in 4th grade and everyone else was reading Nancy Drew and Harry Potter and other gay baby books.
>>
>>24346187
In the 4th book in the Heroes of Olympus "House of Hades" Nico told Jason that he was in love with Percy after being forced to by Cupid, and that the reason why he ran away at the end of "Titans Curse" and why he was angry at Percy during "The Battle of the Labrynth" had nothing to do with his sister dying but because he had confusing feelings for Percy which he didn't understand which made him very angry.
>>
Same but with artemis fowl

>mfw artemis fowl taught me about politics
>>
>>24346382
Are you me? I would bring books like Pet Cemetery to school and read it during silent reading.
>>
>>24346382
Maybe your just getting old grandpa. Just imagine 5 years from now and this board will be dominated by autists who read the Hunger Games when they were kids. I hope I'm not around when that happens.
>>
>>24346382
>Harry Potter
>gay

pick one

>tfw you'll never get to fuck Bellatrix Lestrange
>>
>>24346478
I never read Artemis Fowl, what about politics did it teach? Was it redpilled?
>>
>>24344676
Don't worry anon, I did the same thing too.
>Read the series
>Equate my bad attention problems to the demi-gods (Loved the part where they explain that the demi-gods have ADHD because it keeps them alert in case of sudden attack)
>Begin to daydream about being a demi-god all the time, something about Camp Half-Blood snared me
>Imagine eating amazing food, getting cool/badass half-brothers and sisters, doing deadly exercises like the lava climbing wall with ease, and participating in epic war games like capture the flag
>Go so far as to read the books again and imagine what I would do if I was part of Percy's group
>This goes on for about eight months

And I really, REALLY REALLY, was pulling for the Heroes of Olympus to be good. I'm a total rome-nut, and the idea of being in a hardcore militaristic version of camp half-blood was enough to drag me back into obsessing over it for a few months
>Having an entire cohort of fellow demigods and being super-competitive, always striving to prove yours is the best
>Even wilder war games
>Badass roman armor and weapons, as well as the legion tats
What could be better?
Unfortunately it didn't turn out the way I had hoped, even though I think a small part of that might be us getting older. Like I'm sure I would have loved HoO if I was as young as I was when I read the original series.
>>
>>24344676
sounds like that was just a symptom of your high intensity autism.
>>
>>24346382
Big deal.

I had read essentially the entire western canon before I graduated highschool.

I was reading Gogol and Dante when my peers were picking up tripe like "A series of Unfortunate events" and "captain underpants"
>>
>>24346382
don't cut yourself on that edge my friend!
There's always one faggot who thinks they're cool because they read stephen king first. I am not joking when I tell you there was a kid in my elementary school who did this exact same thing and bragged about it, and now he is actually one of the gayest people I have met, as in he wears fishnets to raves and posts pics of him eating froyo with his meaty bf
>>
>>24346592
>redpilled
Fuck off fag, its a series of books about a kid tycoon dicking around with high tech secret police fairies
>>
>>24346707
>one of the gayest people I have met, as in he wears fishnets to raves and posts pics of him eating froyo with his meaty bf

I bet he looks hetero standing next to you.
>>
>>24346609
>Like I'm sure I would have loved HoO if I was as young as I was when I read the original series.

Sadly this is true. I still think the original series was better, but I definetly was much more able to overlook some crap when I was a kid. I don't know whether to feel sad or happy about this but it's happening to me in anime too. I can no longer have a good time escaping reality through some teenage harem b/c im just getting too old to enjoy it.

Btw if you watch animu watch Blue Exorcist. It reminded me a lot of Percy Jackson.
>>
>>24344676
I had a stage like that in my preteens.
Grew out of it, before you ask.
>>
File: 160.png (196 KB, 382x346) Image search: [Google]
160.png
196 KB, 382x346
>>24344676
>YA fiction
>genre fiction
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.